Jump to content

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread


(PSN)CagzJohn06
 Share

Recommended Posts

I look at this a amazing while it being such a kick in the face, I had given up on cross platform or account transferring happening just as of like 2 months ago and started building on pc while my ps4 account is much higher mr and far more developed. If they could make a way to merge your accounts that would be amazing. I had played on my ps4 from the time loki was a starter and there was endless void missions for farming primes. It still hurts me to look at how far i had gotten on there and just know i abandoned the account to play on a different platform to bring that account to pc while not also losing my last two months of heavy grinding would be the true chefs kiss and just make me happy as im sure it would many others.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So DE revealed cross save today and that was really the only thing I was waiting on to get back into Warframe, as I'd decided I wanted to play on my PC rather than my PS4 but didn't want to have to grind a new account out; you know how it is. They'll probably answer this in a larger thread later, but for right now I've no way to actually log into the PC version of Warframe. I've already tried my PSN credentials and it wasn't that, so I'm assuming it's something else. I've already tried the @fakepsn address they give for the forum bio as well and that was a bust. I can't change my alias or password from the web browser either. 

 

So with all that said, here's the question: how exactly do we go about using our accounts on other systems if they originated on a console?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Pro-Sharpshooter said:

So with all that said, here's the question: how exactly do we go about using our accounts on other systems if they originated on a console?

You can not. Currently all accounts are independent of each other. This will not change until the launch the crossplay/cross save.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, RiotGuard_Boof said:

Cross-play is official too. Can't you just trade it? Am I missing something there

Cross-progression being a thing, does not mean everything follows between platforms... DE a long time ago talked about possible restrictions, and there's already other games that allow cross-progression between Sony and PC/Mobile, and not everything transfers over.

Plat is different between each platform, and Sony has been restrictive on what's allowed to be shared between platforms for other games [historically].

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see it happening one of two ways.
1: you pick your login type similar to how the mobile app already works.  Want to login with your PS4 account?  Click the PS4 button first, then login as normal.

2: the way Bungie does it with Destiny.  Use the website to link multiple accounts under a unifying developer account, and assign one as the active account.  All other accounts will go dormant (if not overwritten outright) and attempting to login with any linked account will result in pulling the data from the active account.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was the best thing ever.

I hope we can merge two accounts, at least on the cosmetic side. I hope all the stats of the main account are also transferred. 

They definitely should go the Destiny and Fortnite route with the Platinum.

Make it platform exclusive (Whatever platinum you bought through PSN should not be available on PC) but what has been purchased available to all. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Krankbert said:

Good. I don't want fast hotfixes, I want them to release things that already work, like a normal developer.

Do you really expect that will happen? Things will just remain broken for longer, right? Im basically expecting PC to be completely shafted by this. And ending up with someones cheap phone on a spotty 4g connection as host is not something im looking forward to either. This isn't even considering how especially touch controls are terrible and that the game will need to be balanced with that in mind going forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Vahenir:

Do you really expect that will happen? Things will just remain broken for longer, right? Im basically expecting PC to be completely shafted by this. And ending up with someones cheap phone on a spotty 4g connection as host is not something im looking forward to either.

Well, so far they've released stuff that was (unironically) literally unplayable. They can't just keep releasing stuff like that and leave it broken for a week because they can't afford to.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Vahenir:

This isn't even considering how especially touch controls are terrible and that the game will need to be balanced with that in mind going forward.

Oh no, they would have to make the game ludicrously easy so you can just steamroll everything with no effort. Oh wait...

Edited by Krankbert
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Well, so far they've released stuff that was (unironically) literally unplayable. They can't just keep releasing stuff like that and leave it broken for a week because they can't afford to.

Oh i know. I'm fairly sure that will still happen, only now it will take like two weeks for the fixes to go through certification rather than happen after just a few hours. Unless they set up a test server its going to be just as bad as its been since forever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

il y a 2 minutes, Vahenir a dit :

Do you really expect that will happen? Things will just remain broken for longer, right? Im basically expecting PC to be completely shafted by this. And ending up with someones cheap phone on a spotty 4g connection as host is not something im looking forward to either. This isn't even considering how especially touch controls are terrible and that the game will need to be balanced with that in mind going forward.

In options you can choose to a lower minimum latency :). You'd be surprise what people can do with gamepads nowaday.

It's great news that console and pc communities are merged, I was genuinely against the idea of the game getting ported to console(because it makes the dev harder, meaning content coming slower and as worst quality), but now there are big console communities it is healthier to mix everyone and now that it is generating mucho dinero for DE maybe it's not that big of bad deal for us(still a bad deal but not the worst deal either as the community gets bigger).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

and this is why cross play is bad..  it slows down fixes for major issues

It's not just going to slow down fixes, it's likely going to slow down releases in general. 

We get stuff at the current rate because DE releases the beta version of each update to PC, has the entire PC player base whacking at it to see what breaks and then polishes everything up for the console release.  Without that PC beta phase it's not like we just have to wait as long as consoles usually do because those console time frame releases are likely to take even longer since DE will have to spend extra time making sure each patch is as close to perfect as possible while relying only on their in house testing before they send everything out for console cert.

And this isn't even just a matter of bug fixes either.  Think of how often DE has released something that worked perfectly fine but still needed tweaking after the fact based on immediate player feedback.  No more quick tweaks to a new warframes abilities or to a new weapons stats or drop rates or material cost or anything like that.

Call me overly dramatic but if anything were to ever truly ruin this game it would be DE eagerly embracing less frequent and likely buggier updates that they'd then no longer be able to quickly fix.

Edited by PlanckZero
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Galuf said:

In options you can choose to a lower minimum latency :). You'd be surprise what people can do with gamepads nowaday.

It's great news that console and pc communities are merged, I was genuinely against the idea of the game getting ported to console(because it makes the dev harder, meaning content coming slower and as worst quality), but now there are big console communities it is healthier to mix everyone and now that it is generating mucho dinero for DE maybe it's not that big of bad deal for us(still a bad deal but not the worst deal either as the community gets bigger).

I know, but latency doesn't really show weak hardware or a connection that works intermittently and i know gamepads are ok. The touch controls are really what will be a problem i suspect. Had it just been consoles then i wouldn't really have seen too much trouble apart from slower patching. Adding phones into the mix is just a terrible idea imo. Will it make them a lot of money, no doubt, but i also suspect it will make the experience worse for everyone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Galuf:

In options you can choose to a lower minimum latency :).

That won't help. You'll still get matched to someone who has a low latency at the time, and a minute later when the host has moved to an area with smaller cell reception or the potato he's playing on gets overwhelmed by actually running the game, you're still stuck. This already happens with PC hosts. This is something DE will have to solve while implementing crossplay, because the tools they currently have definitely aren't equipped to handle those issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the same concern my friend. Pretty sure I have accounts on PC, PS4, and Xbox all with the same email. Played on consoles first before moving to PC and have done way more on PC. I have no plans to cross play back over to those consoles, but have this fear that cross save will overwrite my PC account with PS4 since it's the eldest of the three. Too early to have these concerns I guess but I think it's a good thing for DE to take into consideration so accounts would hopefully be merged > over written, unless we're given the option to choose which account over the others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PlanckZero said:

It's not just going to slow down fixes, it's likely going to slow down releases in general. 

We get stuff at the current rate because DE releases the beta version of each update to PC, has the entire PC player base whacking at it to see what breaks and then polishes everything up for the console release.  Without that PC beta phase it's not like we just have to wait as long as consoles usually do because those console time frame releases are likely to take even longer since DE will have to spend extra time making sure each patch is as close to perfect as possible while relying only on their in house testing before they send everything out for console cert.

And this isn't even just a matter of bug fixes either.  Think of how often DE has released something that worked perfectly fine but still needed tweaking after the fact based on immediate player feedback.  No more quick tweaks to a new warframes abilities or to a new weapons stats or drop rates or material cost or anything like that.

Call me overly dramatic but if anything were to ever truly ruin this game it would be DE eagerly embracing less frequent and likely buggier updates that they'd then no longer be able to quickly fix.

Seriously DE has needed to change up their development cycle for a while, they've been using players as testers for some of these bugs way too often. Maybe this will encourage them to use the test cluster more. If they continue to release buggy content just because they need to not try things out themselves, they'll pay the price with players leaving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LtCantoni said:

So i played on ps4 and moved to pc i was mastery 18 and had alot of stuff on it and moved to pc because the game runs better on it will my account merge or do i have to pick one to keep?

There is nothing to merge and nothing will be erased.

There will be some caveat to it that most likely people won't like to hear, but I will let DE break them to you instead. Many many games have done cross-save already. you can go look up how Destiny and Genshin is doing cross-save and they would be 98% similar to what DE will be doing. 

There WILL BE restrictions on what you can do with cross-save. That I can guarantee you 100%.

Edited by sv650racer
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...