Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Heart of Deimos

[DE]Helen

22 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

7b5bf3c21f4903f5f942c68220ba7fe6.jpg

TWITCH DROPS

Get Hydroid Prime for free by tuning in on Twitch or Steam for 30 consecutive minutes during TennoLive, starting at 5 p.m. ET. Plus, watch any TennoCon panel on Twitch or Steam between 12:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. ET to get the exclusive Athodai hand-cannon, reverse-engineered from propulsion tech to pack a serious kick.

To get your Drops, make sure to link your Accounts! One per account only.

You can only imagine the seething hatred that most of my clanmates will have to go through when they read about this because 1) Twitch doesn’t function in their region of the world, and 2) Twitch Prime or Amazon Prime doesn’t work in their part of the world.

Sure, I’m excited for the Athodai pistol. It’s because I live in the Western Hemisphere where this functionality (Twitch Prime) works. But... man, I don’t know where the rationale was in attaching a weapon tied to MR onto a Twitch Drop was directed from.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Umm you copied pasted without formatting. Also pretty sure stuff like that will be answered at Tennocon itself during panels. So don't expect an info drop in the forums until after Tennocon is over.

Fair enough. Suppose I'm being slightly impatient. Time to channel the inner wait I had for The War Within.

And I think I fixed my formatting. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

You can only imagine the seething hatred that most of my clanmates will have to go through when they read about this because 1) Twitch doesn’t function in their region of the world, and 2) Twitch Prime or Amazon Prime doesn’t work in their part of the world.

Sure, I’m excited for the Athodai pistol. It’s because I live in the Western Hemisphere where this functionality (Twitch Prime) works. But... man, I don’t know where the rationale was in attaching a weapon tied to MR onto a Twitch Drop was directed from.

Twitch or Steam though. Maybe if they watch from Steam it works?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Wonder if it's gonna be one of them things where the Demo is the content we won't get and delays a year (or unpolished on drop)

Nope. DE said that they want to “show what they ship” this Tennocon. It is likely that what they show will be in the big fixing/polish phase.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Twitch or Steam though. Maybe if they watch from Steam it works?

Think of the console players.

edit: I can name friends of mine living in Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Philippines, Myanmar, etc. that have no access to Twitch or Amazon and exclusively play on console Warframe. They’re gonna be devastated by this bit of news. And they’ve been dedicated players of Warframe for 5+ years just like me.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

watch any TennoCon panel on Twitch or Steam between 12:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. ET to get the exclusive Athodai hand-cannon

Guys, don't do this.

Give away free stuff, fine, but NOT NEW, otherwise unaccessible stuff.

This reeks of desperate triple-A, mainstream FOMO tactics.

Want people to be interested? Deliver good content, don't bait with "exclusive" BS.

Edited by Shifted
  • Like 13

Interesting. Looks like the Mars neighbourhood is going to be a right old cluster****. Grineer on the planet itself, Corpus camped out on Phobos, and now Infested swarming all over Deimos, Mars' other moon.

My initial guess: a quest, possibly unlocking the next warframe, which also unlocks a whole new system of mission nodes branching off from Mars.

Well, this does intrigue me. I was going to skip the drops since I can't be bothered signing up for a Twitch account I'm barely ever going to use, but apparently it works with Steam too, so I guess I'll watch Tennocon on that.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shifted said:

Guys, don't do this.

Want people to be interested? Deliver good content, don't bait with "exclusive" BS.

Cosmetics, sure. Pre-existing weaponry that was obtainable from past events or content, sure. That had been the stance for Twitch drops for a number of years.

But now it’s a weapon tied to MR made into a Twitch drop.

This is not good.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, AltairFerenc said:

so I can get the weapon whever during the stream? Because the real thing(tennolive) is 23pm for and I kinda want to sleep

You don't actually have to watch it. Just log into twitch, go to the warframe page and set up an auto refresher to trigger every once and a while.

5 minutes ago, Shifted said:

Guys, don't do this.

Part of me thinks that it may indeed be exclusive in the short term, with their actual plans to make it accessible thru other means (BP in Market, Baro, etc) later on. Just doing it to hook players in the short term.

It is indeed odd, however.

• Like 1

vor 34 Minuten schrieb [DE]Helen:

TWITCH DROPS

Get Hydroid Prime for free by tuning in on Twitch or Steam for 30 consecutive minutes during TennoLive, starting at 5 p.m. ET. Plus, watch any TennoCon panel on Twitch or Steam between 12:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. ET to get the exclusive Athodai hand-cannon, reverse-engineered from propulsion tech to pack a serious kick.

To get your Drops, make sure to link your Accounts! One per account only.

Nice, exclusive Weapons behind the broken Twitch Drop System. Seems that DE learned nothing in the past weeks/months. Be ready for problems and clearly avoidable PR-Desaster

vor 34 Minuten schrieb [DE]Helen:

HEART OF DEIMOS REVEAL

Watch TennoLive to learn more about our next update, Heart of Deimos! Heart of Deimos forges old and new, the grotesque and the beautiful to create a resounding experience that brings together your favorite aspects of Warframe. We can’t share too many details right now, but we hope you’ll tune in on August 1 at 5 p.m. ET for the deep dive and gameplay demo!

Lets hope we can see actual gameplay this time...

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

You have my attention.

Twitch Drop Exclusive Pistol?
This is stupid. I can feel it.

What's the problem? MR 30 will definitely be obtainable without having EVERYTHING and I'm pretty sure they will make it a twitch drop again in future, so people who really want that 100% completed graph in their profile won't have any problems

24 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

Locking a weapon behind watching Twitch?  How nice.

And here I am just happy that as someone who already pays for Amazon Prime regardless and it comes with Twitch Prime included, I get a free Hydroid Prime. 

DE isn't going to perma-lock a weapon behind Twitch drops, I'm sure it will be added to the game another way later.

Besides, it's not like you have to buy Twitch Prime, even if it is required for it (not even sure it is). We all know there are people who use "free trials" to get around that, or a family members Prime who doesn't play Warframe. Let's not pretend that doesn't happen like... a lot. 

Edited by Tesseract7777