Jump to content
Goldenrice

So uh, what happened to focusing on the "war" in 2020?

Recommended Posts

Aren't we in the middle of a war or something in this game?  I remember one of the home devstreams that 2020 was going to be about focusing on the new war?  Did I remember this wrong?

Should I assume the infested are joining the war, or is heart of deimos just another set of content outside of the new war?

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They probably had to scale things down and push other things back because of the pandemic.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Goldenrice said:

Aren't we in the middle of a war or something in this game?  I remember one of the home devstreams that 2020 was going to be about focusing on the new war?  Did I remember this wrong?

Should I assume the infested are joining the war, or is heart of deimos just another set of content outside of the new war?

Pretty sure that we got the whole Scarlet Spear thing in 2020. And that Deimos thing or whatever may take a while to be released. So..... 

What was the question again? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DE has never been able to focus on anything for long.

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Pretty sure that we got the whole Scarlet Spear thing in 2020. And that Deimos thing or whatever may take a while to be released. So..... 

What was the question again? 

I was under the impression that scarlet spear was just the beginning of the war.  If thats it..............welp, I should have learned not to have expected anything more by now.

Edited by Goldenrice
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry, Scarlet Spear will return sooner or later.

There you have it, an ongoing War 😁 (i am serious^^)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's weird how The New War started, we got SS for a while then after it stopped everything went back to normal, no sentient invasions on planets or special alerts or anything that affects the game. It's like TNW was a content island inside SS that ended. But it's 'understandable' since not everyone is on the same page in regards to lore mission progression, so it would probably be weird for those who are barely in the beginning of the game seeing sentients and stuff around.

Maybe DE could put a different version based on how far you are, like how they did with The Steel Path.

Edited by MagnasWill
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And that Deimos thing or whatever may take a while to be released.

They have said that they're specifically showing off things at TennoCon that will be released shortly afterwards.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GrayArchon said:

They have said that they're specifically showing off things at TennoCon that will be released shortly afterwards.

You know that there's a warframe meme where someone asks when something is going to be released and everyone replies "Soon" right? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we were supposed to get “the new war” by christmas 2019. Then they decided that a simple quest wouldn’t be enough, so plans got expanded, which lead to delays. Then the pandemic hit, and everyone is working at home, which significantly limits what they can work on. For example they can’t do motion capture for cutscenes because they can’t be in the studio. I imagine audio is a significant challenge as well.

If it hadn’t been for covid, i think we would have been further into the new war by this point.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You know that there's a warframe meme where someone asks when something is going to be released and everyone replies "Soon" right? 

The twitter post says it’s the “next update.” So it will be coming before anything else.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

The twitter post says it’s the “next update.” So it will be coming before anything else.

Until it actually shows up, I tend to take that as "next in the pipeline" or "next on the to do list". Tennocon is great and let's us see what they plan to do, the presentations are usually a huge rush for the community (until people realize that they get more attention from trashing the upcoming content that nobody has seen yet) but they tend to take a while to land. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expect nothing anymore brother! It is 2020 after all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Don't worry, Scarlet Spear will return sooner or later.

There you have it, an ongoing War 😁 (i am serious^^)

all linked together

wyuaZK3.gif

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Goldenrice said:

welp, I should have learned not to have expected anything more by now.

Expect more or Scarlet Spear type events. That is all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sentient Invasions would be neat, but they'd need some way to fill out rewards for it.

If anyone who's been around for a long time is reading this, how did the initial introductions for Grineer/Corpus and Infested Invasions work? Did they just piggyback off of existing resources that had to be crafted before that point?

Edited by (NSW)Jothki
Wrong word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, (NSW)Jothki said:

Sentient Invasions would be neat, but they'd need some way to fill out rewards for it.

Oh lord, not this "we really really really want new stuff to do, but we'll only play it if you give us over the top rewards" tripe, again. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh lord, not this "we really really really want new stuff to do, but we'll only play it if you give us over the top rewards" tripe, again. 

It'd be on the same list as the existing invasions, there needs to be something on that level being offered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As we don't know what exactly Deimos is going to do, except have something to do with the infestation it's a little early to theorize it has nothing to do with the new war. For instance it could be that the increased sentient activity is causing some system in the infestation to go into over drive since the Infestation were lore wise designed to fight the sentients or it could just be that Infested planet the teased. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Goldenrice said:

So uh, what happened to focusing on the "war" in 2020?

This happened:

rona8.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Until it actually shows up, I tend to take that as "next in the pipeline" or "next on the to do list". Tennocon is great and let's us see what they plan to do, the presentations are usually a huge rush for the community (until people realize that they get more attention from trashing the upcoming content that nobody has seen yet) but they tend to take a while to land. 

They intent on getting this out soon after Tennocon. They also aren't doing those big presentations this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OniDax said:

DE has never been able to focus on anything for long.

Right? It's totally DE's thing. I wouldn't even be surprised if nobody has been doing any motion capture work at the studio. I bet DE's studios are basically empty and everyone's just at home -- oh wait.

Maybe this "loss of focus" in 2020 has some basis in an outside factor....

Edited by SenorClipClop
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SenorClipClop said:

Right? It's totally DE's thing. I wouldn't even be surprised if nobody has been doing any motion capture work at the studio. I bet DE's studios are basically empty and everyone's just at home -- oh wait.

Maybe this "loss of focus" has some basis in an outside factor....

DE has had a problem staying focused since the day Warframe was first released. It has nothing to do with Covid-19. Covid-19 only made things worse for DE, but it is not the cause of their problems.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, (NSW)Jothki said:

It'd be on the same list as the existing invasions, there needs to be something on that level being offered.

Why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...