Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So uh, what happened to focusing on the "war" in 2020?

Goldenrice

6 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Right? It's totally DE's thing. I wouldn't even be surprised if nobody has been doing any motion capture work at the studio. I bet DE's studios are basically empty and everyone's just at home -- oh wait.

Maybe this "loss of focus" in 2020 has some basis in an outside factor....

Of course not. The totally reliable and right backchair devs can tell it's pure incompetence. They are even in DE's houses, using their shower. AT THE SAME TIME! RIGHT NOW!

Y'know, Covid happened. It's possible some or all of this stuff would have been out much sooner, making the quick detour that was Deadlock an after-thought, and we don't know what this actually holds.

Nevertheless, I would like to point out that Deimos is around Mars. Ballas, according to the old Synthesis Imprints, lived on/near Mars. This is an old, mysterious, Martian Orokin settlement filled with Infestation, and it's likely going to do with recovering a neverbeforeseen Warframe. There's every chance this has to do with Ballas's Workshop, which would inevitably tie into the New War by virtue of Ballas being a major player of it.

Even putting aside old, obscure lore, the update puts every single faction aside from the Sentients thus far in one place - right above one of the most famous battlegrounds in Warframe's history. I suspect that is not a coincidence.

2 hours ago, Goldenrice said:

Aren't we in the middle of a war or something in this game?  I remember one of the home devstreams that 2020 was going to be about focusing on the new war?  Did I remember this wrong?

Should I assume the infested are joining the war, or is heart of deimos just another set of content outside of the new war?

New War and Duviri can't be worked on right now because DE doesn't have acess to the studio. So, no MOCAP.

3 minutes ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

New War and Duviri can't be worked on right now because DE doesn't have acess to the studio. So, no MOCAP.

It's a bit more than that as well. Parts of Canada have gathering restrictions. If X amount of people go to their offices together and interact then they have to mandatory self quarantine for two weeks after. So gathering to work on things like this takes a huge amount of planning and logistics. Probably much more than its worth right now which is a decision many governments, and business are having to make.

It's a mess. 2020 The year of hindsight and hell.

23 minutes ago, OniDax said:

DE has had a problem staying focused since the day Warframe was first released. It has nothing to do with Covid-19. Covid-19 only made things worse for DE, but it is not the cause of their problems.

so you are saying they just stumbled their way into creating a successful game without any planning or foresight? amazing! truly talented devs

40 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Y'know, Covid happened. It's possible some or all of this stuff would have been out much sooner, making the quick detour that was Deadlock an after-thought, and we don't know what this actually holds.

Nevertheless, I would like to point out that Deimos is around Mars. Ballas, according to the old Synthesis Imprints, lived on/near Mars. This is an old, mysterious, Martian Orokin settlement filled with Infestation, and it's likely going to do with recovering a neverbeforeseen Warframe. There's every chance this has to do with Ballas's Workshop, which would inevitably tie into the New War by virtue of Ballas being a major player of it.

Even putting aside old, obscure lore, the update puts every single faction aside from the Sentients thus far in one place - right above one of the most famous battlegrounds in Warframe's history. I suspect that is not a coincidence.

49 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Right? It's totally DE's thing. I wouldn't even be surprised if nobody has been doing any motion capture work at the studio. I bet DE's studios are basically empty and everyone's just at home -- oh wait.

Maybe this "loss of focus" in 2020 has some basis in an outside factor....

41 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Of course not. The totally reliable and right backchair devs can tell it's pure incompetence. They are even in DE's houses, using their shower. AT THE SAME TIME! RIGHT NOW!

24 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

so you are saying they just stumbled their way into creating a successful game without any planning or foresight? amazing! truly talented devs

So, Covid-19 upended the world last year too, right? I'm sure Covid-19 is to blame for how Old Blood and Railjack turned out. It's also to blame for 2018 and its content drought issues as well. It's also the reason why the lore is contradictory, why a lot of content is buggy, why they took three years to release Umbra, etc. DE is a perfect development studio, the best in the world, and Covid-19 is the reason for all its problems.

9 hours ago, OniDax said:

Covid-19 only made things worse for DE, but it is not the cause of their problems.

Okay yeah, DE has had some trouble seeing features through and sticking with game features in the past. But this time, the thing wreaking havoc on their production schedule is a global pandemic. It is definitely the cause of problems currently. I think, just this once, we can cut them some slack.

22 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Okay yeah, DE has had some trouble seeing features through and sticking with game features in the past. But this time, the thing wreaking havoc on their production schedule is a global pandemic. It is definitely the cause of problems currently. I think, just this once, we can cut them some slack.

Studios that quickly adapt to the new normal and continue to actually produce will survive.

Tennocon is critical this year.

12 hours ago, Goldenrice said:

Aren't we in the middle of a war or something in this game?  I remember one of the home devstreams that 2020 was going to be about focusing on the new war?  Did I remember this wrong?

Should I assume the infested are joining the war, or is heart of deimos just another set of content outside of the new war?

Haven't you noticed this has become DE's MO? Release the next thing to be hyped for before the current thing to be hyped for is released. Examples showing off RJ and lichs while we were waiting on Fortuna, then showing of Duviri and the new war while we are waiting on RJ and lichs. Now its showing off Deimos while we are waiting on new war and Duviri.

39 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Haven't you noticed this has become DE's MO? Release the next thing to be hyped for before the current thing to be hyped for is released. Examples showing off RJ and lichs while we were waiting on Fortuna, then showing of Duviri and the new war while we are waiting on RJ and lichs. Now its showing off Deimos while we are waiting on new war and Duviri.

I have something for you.

9ZbHUPd.png

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

I'm not cutting them slack because Covid-19 isn't what has made them shift focus so often. However, I'm not upset because I'm not a fan of Railjack or what they've done with The New War, so I'm not anxious to see more related content. I'd actually like for them to rework Phobos and Mars in addition to adding Deimos.

Yeah that and phase 3 of railjack. .. 3rd orb mothers still drowning to death. .   When they said the new war wasn't going to drop 2019 like they said. .  They started changed the way the talked about it. .   " WaRs HaVe StArTs"  it's a war of nutrition. ..  each side is waiting for the other to attack first. .  Or get bored and just leave the system. ....

14 hours ago, OniDax said:

DE has never been able to focus on anything for long.

The pandemic is the main reason. They are not in full force and they are not working in the studio. Their equipment for production and development is not in their homes. Despite the internet capabilities working from home is not the same as working in their facilities. 

New War is postponed and so Duviri's Paradox. They are going to focus on micro transactions such as new Wear Frames Primes, New items and new Frames. Single player quests and other large projects will continue once the Sars Cov 2 is under control. 

14 hours ago, Goldenrice said:

I was under the impression that scarlet spear was just the beginning of the war.  If thats it..............welp, I should have learned not to have expected anything more by now.

Hey the told their Japanese fans at Tokyo games event that railjack will release in December and will receive monthly updates. .. soo  ..

2 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Studios that quickly adapt to the new normal and continue to actually produce will survive.

Tennocon is critical this year.

Exclay, I love how on everyone mind it's the "pandemic fault" here. DE have been doing this long way before this thing even existed and yes before anyone points out, other games have "pushed back" their own games, but here's the difference, a whole brand new game is more then a content update that houses a few new weapons, frame, lore slapped in and a single game-mode. 

And Sliverback put the nail on the head, Adapt, Overcome and Survive, that's what Studios do, what companies do, there is no longer a excuse.

14 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

They probably had to scale things down and push other things back because of the pandemic.

They've said this directly on more than one occasion. Duviri has been shunted back because they can't do some parts of that without being back at studio.

Right  now I'm happy they can do any kind of updates just by working at home at the moment

3 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Exclay, I love how on everyone mind it's the "pandemic fault" here. DE have been doing this long way before this thing even existed and yes before anyone points out, other games have "pushed back" their own games, but here's the difference, a whole brand new game is more then a content update that houses a few new weapons, frame, lore slapped in and a single game-mode. 

And Sliverback put the nail on the head, Adapt, Overcome and Survive, that's what Studios do, what companies do, there is no longer a excuse.

I do think the player base is starting to wake-up to this.  I predict this year's Tennocon numbers won't be good and the hype won't be high. ...  I also predict that what is shown will not be released at tennocoin like steve said.  And when released will be received by another community backlash. .. I want to believe but I got into this game after watching tennocon 2018. .  And half that's stuff hasn't been released. ....

16 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

I do think the player base is starting to wake-up to this.  I predict this year's Tennocon numbers won't be good and the hype won't be high. ...  I also predict that what is shown will not be released at tennocoin like steve said.  And when released will be received by another community backlash. .. I want to believe but I got into this game after watching tennocon 2018. .  And half that's stuff hasn't been released. ....

Exclay and I wait eagerly for this

Archived