Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So uh, what happened to focusing on the "war" in 2020?

Goldenrice

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

They made a video announcement regarding the date being changed to Aug 1st because they want to ship an update on the same day of the reveal. 

Search "Tennocon 2020 annoncement" on YouTube 

I for one would be happy if that was not only true but if the update they pushed was nothing more than DE actually finally sitting down and balancing Archwing in both the game proper and Empyrion. 

But if True it will probably be some new Mars infested nodes and our first audio for Tenga. (expectation: Deimos will be Mars's Lua) 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yes, Tennocon is slated to start on August 1. You said that DE wants to launch an update on that day. I'm asking if that's verified by anything that DE said. 

We are not ready to deliver on literal expectations of The New War or The Duviri Paradox just yet with no studio, so we develop something that is not intended to be a Demo, but intended to be shipped closer to Tennocon (when it’s ready).

They have mentioned in some streams but I don't really feel like searching. From that post it might not launch at the day of tennocon but it's supposed to be close.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yes, Tennocon is slated to start on August 1. You said that DE wants to launch an update on that day. I'm asking if that's verified by anything that DE said. 

It's literally in the video, Steve Sinclair literally says "We want to ship what we show" 

I'd say that's a verifiable source. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

They made a video announcement regarding the date being changed to Aug 1st because they want to ship an update on the same day of the reveal. 

Search "Tennocon 2020 annoncement" on YouTube 

1 hour ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

We are not ready to deliver on literal expectations of The New War or The Duviri Paradox just yet with no studio, so we develop something that is not intended to be a Demo, but intended to be shipped closer to Tennocon (when it’s ready).

They have mentioned in some streams but I don't really feel like searching. From that post it might not launch at the day of tennocon but it's supposed to be close.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

It's literally in the video, Steve Sinclair literally says "We want to ship what we show" 

I looked at the video, and I saw it before too. It doesn't say anything about "there will be an update on August 1", as @(XB1)C11H22O11said it's reading as something that they hope to release "soon". It could be that they will get it done, but I would be a bit more cautious if I were you, Tenno. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I looked at the video, and I saw it before too. It doesn't say anything about "there will be an update on August 1", as @(XB1)C11H22O11said it's reading as something that they hope to release "soon". It could be that they will get it done, but I would be a bit more cautious if I were you, Tenno. 

The interpretation I'm going with when Steve says "We'll ship what we show" is that the gameplay shown will contain a finalised iteration of the mechanics they intend to add, meaning that 1: We won't be left waiting too long for the update, and 2: What we see will be what we get.

Previous Tennocon streams tended more toward showing off early prototypes and proof of concepts that ended up being altered and revised by the time they actually came out (For instance, the power management/module selection aspect of Railjack, which got cut because it didn't lend itself to Warframe's more fluid gameplay). Which lead to backlash from players who didn't understand the nature of the demos.

6 minutes ago, Corvid said:

The interpretation I'm going with when Steve says "We'll ship what we show" is that the gameplay shown will contain a finalised iteration of the mechanics they intend to add, meaning that 1: We won't be left waiting too long for the update, and 2: What we see will be what we get.

Previous Tennocon streams tended more toward showing off early prototypes and proof of concepts that ended up being altered and revised by the time they actually came out (For instance, the power management/module selection aspect of Railjack, which got cut because it didn't lend itself to Warframe's more fluid gameplay). Which lead to backlash from players who didn't understand the nature of the demos.

Yeah I personally lean towards a similar interpretation, and he did say something to the effect that they hope that we won't be waiting "months and months" for the release. So I believe that boils down to what we all know and love to be "soon". 

But as someone commented above:

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

People are already working themselves up to rage when update isn't released same day/week as tennocon. Same people that are going to hate it anyway.  🤷‍♂️😄

Which also seems about right to me. 

9 minutes ago, Corvid said:

If I interpreted what happened right, such thing is wat happened to Railjack. in 2018 we had a demo in the mechanics, in 2019 we had another set of mechanics, on launch we had another.

3 different types of builds, with the last one being what was not shown iirc, but bring something closer to home in the modding system.

I can only imagine how many other builds RJ had behind scenes, which in turn would slow down the finilazation of it all.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Considering that they pushed Tennocon back by about 3 weeks, it would lend me to believe that the reason is to have the intention to launch this update on August 1st for PC and to give console players The Steel Path. 

That's the intention that I got from it. Whether or not that comes to furition, well that's on DE. 

46 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

Considering that they pushed Tennocon back by about 3 weeks, it would lend me to believe that the reason is to have the intention to launch this update on August 1st for PC and to give console players The Steel Path. 

That's the intention that I got from it. Whether or not that comes to furition, well that's on DE. 

I suspect that it had more to do with having to scrap the venue and format, that they are accustomed to using and having to work out the technical issues associated with a new format. 

7 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

That line has no time component to it. If it did, it would be 'We want to ship what we show when we show it.'

What that line most likely means is that what they will be showing this year is on an actual build of the product. For a fairly loose example, compare the difference between the 2018 and 2019 Railjack Demos. 2018 - no menus, it's stated at one point that the music cues were pre-prepared, almost every transition involves a cutscene, later depictions have the same dialogue running - that's a pure tech demo, all smoke and mirrors. 2019, on the other hand, has mission screens, customization options, mission architecture. It's in a 'playable' state, technically, but still needs the vast majority of the non-essential systems produced and plugged it and it's probably waaaay buggier even than the final product. That's a build, even if it's very far removed from the live one.

Now, 2019 Railjack is a worst-case-scenario, and likely Steve was thinking that when he said what he did. So, if we assume that 2019 Railjack was about 33% done (Tech in place, still need a more concrete mission structure, progression systems, still working on the godforsaken real-time-management that was apparently a nightmare), I think we can assume that Heart of Deimos will be at least 50% done, hopefully closer to 75%.

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

That line has no time component to it. If it did, it would be 'We want to ship what we show when we show it.'

What that line most likely means is that what they will be showing this year is on an actual build of the product. For a fairly loose example, compare the difference between the 2018 and 2019 Railjack Demos. 2018 - no menus, it's stated at one point that the music cues were pre-prepared, almost every transition involves a cutscene, later depictions have the same dialogue running - that's a pure tech demo, all smoke and mirrors. 2019, on the other hand, has mission screens, customization options, mission architecture. It's in a 'playable' state, technically, but still needs the vast majority of the non-essential systems produced and plugged it and it's probably waaaay buggier even than the final product. That's a build, even if it's very far removed from the live one.

Now, 2019 Railjack is a worst-case-scenario, and likely Steve was thinking that when he said what he did. So, if we assume that 2019 Railjack was about 33% done (Tech in place, still need a more concrete mission structure, progression systems, still working on the godforsaken real-time-management that was apparently a nightmare), I think we can assume that Heart of Deimos will be at least 50% done, hopefully closer to 75%.

A good point here, but I have to ask Loza03, alot of people think that DE need to start "Show'n'Ship" rather then "Show and Tell" right?, well, a few other people such as Tac-Potato has also said the same thing (Yes, before you point out, they don't speak for DE, I kown). So if what Steve said is ture, then that means they have to ship it as soon as they show it. Cuz that is the vibe I am getting from meny people (as well as TC).

If this is the case, what do you think of that? IUO?, cuz IMO I think that might save WF from the downhill it's going and as long as what they ship is polished and well done (unlike RJ for example or Liches, etc), then  there is no point showing it off.

Cuz there's the issue with "Hyping it up, years later it's out" and by then it no one cares or forgets about it and even if they do come to it, it's "Meh". but shipping on showing, showing it's well done, well made and such, that might turn heads.

I hope I made sense here, I legit just woke up, if not, ask me anyway!

11 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

People are already working themselves up to rage when update isn't released same day/week as tennocon. Same people that are going to hate it anyway.  🤷‍♂️😄

Some of the people on these forums remind me of myself after playing a game for 7 years. 

They need to either breathe, take a break, leave, or re-evaluate what they want out of the game.

Theres no game out there just dropping fully fleshed out AAA ultimate cinema story line adventures that last a life time lol.

12 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

"Even if you end world hunger, some people will complain". 

Well it's good that DE is holding their ambitious projects this year and focusing on fixing the game. Hopefully they can end the "Warframe Bad" trend.

On 2020-07-20 at 5:50 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Pretty sure that we got the whole Scarlet Spear thing in 2020. And that Deimos thing or whatever may take a while to be released. So..... 

What was the question again? 

Scarlet Spear is just a first step into the war (according to the devs), not the whole thing... And no, the Deimos thing should launch at(or after) Tennocon. The devs did say that instead of another big announcement for Tennocon they wanted to focus on content.

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

A good point here, but I have to ask Loza03, alot of people think that DE need to start "Show'n'Ship" rather then "Show and Tell" right?, well, a few other people such as Tac-Potato has also said the same thing (Yes, before you point out, they don't speak for DE, I kown). So if what Steve said is ture, then that means they have to ship it as soon as they show it. Cuz that is the vibe I am getting from meny people (as well as TC).

If this is the case, what do you think of that? IUO?, cuz IMO I think that might save WF from the downhill it's going and as long as what they ship is polished and well done (unlike RJ for example or Liches, etc), then  there is no point showing it off.

Cuz there's the issue with "Hyping it up, years later it's out" and by then it no one cares or forgets about it and even if they do come to it, it's "Meh". but shipping on showing, showing it's well done, well made and such, that might turn heads.

I hope I made sense here, I legit just woke up, if not, ask me anyway!

As soon as? In my opinion, it's simply not practical. Let's never forget that the absolute trainwreck that was Empyrean occurred as a direct result of such a 'same day shipping' philosophy. They wanted out at the game awards, and we all paid the price.

However, depending on to what degree it's done, 'ship what we show' should help with that as well. In so many words, 50-75% done results in a release a lot closer down the line, particularly if it winds up that Heart of Deimos is on the less ambitious end (i.e. if it winds up being an expansion to Railjack, it doesn't require anywhere near as much tech). To be honest, the problem seems to be a problem of timing. They simply show things way too early in the development cycle.

On 2020-07-21 at 12:05 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh lord, not this "we really really really want new stuff to do, but we'll only play it if you give us over the top rewards" tripe, again. 

it's like i once used to say. if you are good at something, never do it for free. i will let you figure out where that quote came from

38 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

As soon as? In my opinion, it's simply not practical. Let's never forget that the absolute trainwreck that was Empyrean occurred as a direct result of such a 'same day shipping' philosophy. They wanted out at the game awards, and we all paid the price.

However, depending on to what degree it's done, 'ship what we show' should help with that as well. In so many words, 50-75% done results in a release a lot closer down the line, particularly if it winds up that Heart of Deimos is on the less ambitious end (i.e. if it winds up being an expansion to Railjack, it doesn't require anywhere near as much tech). To be honest, the problem seems to be a problem of timing. They simply show things way too early in the development cycle.

Yeah, I see, cuz I rather have it where they either "Show when it's ready to ship" as in "Day 1 or Day 2" after showing, rather then showing anything at all that will take weeks or years to make. Etc.

On 2020-07-20 at 11:44 AM, Goldenrice said:

Aren't we in the middle of a war or something in this game?  I remember one of the home devstreams that 2020 was going to be about focusing on the new war?  Did I remember this wrong?

Should I assume the infested are joining the war, or is heart of deimos just another set of content outside of the new war?

Heart of Deimos...i.e. Heart of "Dread"...is DE's way of suggesting that the exclusivity agreement between Tencent and Leyou which will delay any final agreement with Sony until after the PS/5 is released thus hurting Sony's efforts to bolster its gaming assets in the near term is 'dreaded'...

OR...

Heart of Deimos...i.e. Heart of "Dread"...is DE's way of expressing the general experience the world has had through most of 2020...while waiting for the final battle in the New War to commence in 2021.

In either case, the players are 'dreading' the impending update delay cuz..."content drought"...

I also have a couple bridges, some moon rocks, and some land in Florida for sale...

19 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Heart of Deimos...i.e. Heart of "Dread"...is DE's way of suggesting that the exclusivity agreement between Tencent and Leyou which will delay any final agreement with Sony until after the PS/5 is released thus hurting Sony's efforts to bolster its gaming assets in the near term is 'dreaded'...

OR...

Heart of Deimos...i.e. Heart of "Dread"...is DE's way of expressing the general experience the world has had through most of 2020...while waiting for the final battle in the New War to commence in 2021.

In either case, the players are 'dreading' the impending update delay cuz..."content drought"...

I also have a couple bridges, some moon rocks, and some land in Florida for sale...

Soooo edgy. You gotta put warning labels. People might get cut by all of that edge. 🙄

Archived