(PS4)NWOslave

Have I been sleeping on this primary or is it secretly an awesome gun no one knows about?

It shoots like a shotgun but labeled a rifle. The Quartakk, im gladd they didnt add another K to the name 😉  At first I dismissed it as meh but then saw two guys/girls/them/they/ze using it and inquired about its effectiveness. Was given the thumbs up, sunglasses emoji and went to forma my own three times. HOLY SCHITZLE STINKLE! I found a replacement for my ailing arca plasmor (pour one for my homie). you know i dont know about this viral heat thing i put straight crit damage on it and BA BA BOOOOM, it was like calling down the lighting with Mjolnir KRA-KOOOOOM! Armor, who armor, what armor, when armor, how armor, why armor,  forgedda bout it. i feel like i got a Warframe wood and its singing aint nothing but an G thang baby...throw yo hands in the air... whoop whoop, who let the dogs out....NO. SLEEP. TILL. BROOKLYN!

For real though is this thing a sleeper? i never hear anyone recommend it. Or have I just been using the plasmor too long?

• Like 5

It's a bit of a sleeper. Back when it came out it worked differently but was then changed to technically burst. At the time this made the status application better on a crit build because it was a 4 round burst instead of 4 pellets. The shotgun feeling came from the burst happening instantly. Kuva Quartakk threw another curve ball in terms of firing mechanic and gave it the quatz firing mechanic of being full auto in hip fire and the instant shotgun like burst in ADS.

I think people are mostly confused what the gun actually is.

• Like 5

wait till you find about the Kuva Quartakk the direct upgrade to the Quartakk

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

It's a bit of a sleeper. Back when it came out it worked differently but was then changed to technically burst. At the time this made the status application better on a crit build because it was a 4 round burst instead of 4 pellets. The shotgun feeling came from the burst happening instantly. Kuva Quartakk threw another curve ball in terms of firing mechanic and gave it the quatz firing mechanic of being full auto in hip fire and the instant shotgun like burst in ADS.

it definitely through me off at first but you know what im not confused about?????  the damage that makes me feel giddy like a girl on her first date. 

5 minutes ago, enemystand said:

wait till you find about the Kuva Quartakk the direct upgrade to the Quartakk

i heard about it after researching the gun. not interested in dealing with kuva litches again for awhile. i got more important things to do. 

• Like 1

Overall having both the regular and kuva version.  It's a solid gun worth formaing.

Now its not my favorite gun and in terms of damage it won't beat stuff like lenz/bramma.  But it's still a good weapon.

My personsl favorite rifle is easily the ignis wrath. I find it effective at all levels. The only catch is it doesn't work on boss fights where you have to aim at weak points. In which case i reccomend rubico prime.

:'D
loving your wholesome energy
hope you find more things that excite you in this game!

and yes i think there's a lot of those, its just that people sometimes settle on easy/meta guns like ignis/plasmor etc and then forget to try out the other stuff that's all over the place ^_^

• Like 3

the regular quartakk is pretty ok with a riven. The kuva quartakk wrecks face with or without a riven.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DragoonStorm1 said:

:'D
loving your wholesome energy
hope you find more things that excite you in this game!

and yes i think there's a lot of those, its just that people sometimes settle on easy/meta guns like ignis/plasmor etc and then forget to try out the other stuff that's all over the place ^_^

my personality dictates that i fight change once i find something i like i stick with it. the only exception is comic books.and the fact if you sink time and effort into a gun that still wont perform it feels like a waste. 

But if I see a weapon doing damage or has cool looking effects as it shoots ill ask. I knew when it took down one of those jackles in four or five shots during a toroid farm (before it crashed on me, again) i knew i had a winner winner chicken dinner on my hands. 

• Like 1

Yes its Good... a fun versatile weapon... and You couldnt pay me to use it because i just like my weaker Sybaris a whole lot more.

You could probably get a pretty damn good riven for it too without going Bankrupt.

1 hour ago, (PS4)NWOslave said:

Or have I just been using the plasmor too long?

It's the reason why I would not recommend weapons like the Ignis Wraith, Kuva Bramma, or any of their equivalents. It skews the perspective when using other weapons.

I always advise new players to explore other weapons in the game to prevent burnout from using one or few of the popular weapons all the time, which no doubt will other players recommend to them. There are weapons some players might personally enjoy despite the community's stance/meta.

For instance, the Battacor is quite strong but rarely used by anyone. The Kuva Quartakk is the equivalent of firing a man-sized anti-air gun at someone, and the ragdolling from the burst makes the gun quite powerful to use.

• Like 1

It’s a beast of a weapon. Pairs very well with Hunter Munitions. With enough multi shot, it basically becomes a shotgun. My Kuva Quartakk is easily one of my highest single target DPS primaries. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Shhhh...😏

Indeed, it really does check all the boxes.  

In addition it has weight to it as it fires...it just feels nice.

theres a lot of amazing weapons that go un noticed... thankfully we dont have the same elitism as D2 so we can play with fun weapons that are relatively untouched without getting the insta boot

It's one of the best sounding weapons!  Not quite Argonak levels of awesome, but close.  (And unlike the Argonak, it's actually pretty good at killing stuff while making impressive gun sounds.)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Its my favorite "normal rifle" primary, got Kuva Quartakk as my most used primary weapon at like, 13%? Got a +slash riven, so instead of ragdolling, it just explodes them into pieces, sometimes itll just blast some Grineer in half, leaving his legs 'mostly there' but send his upper body flying across the room till it hits a wall or the ground, I love it!

By "normal rifle" I mean it, acts like a mostly normal rifle. No bouncing or exploding projectiles or shooting lightning or anything ridiculous 

Edited by (XB1)CaligulaTwily

12 hours ago, (PS4)NWOslave said:

it definitely through me off at first but you know what im not confused about?????  the damage that makes me feel giddy like a girl on her first date. 

i heard about it after researching the gun. not interested in dealing with kuva litches again for awhile. i got more important things to do. 

You're gonna want to wait until you're strong enough to deal with liches before you decide to forma the quartakk. The Kuva quartakk is insanely better. 

6 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's one of the best sounding weapons!  Not quite Argonak levels of awesome, but close.

You mis-spelled "buzlok" there. The sound was enough to make me stuff 7 formas into that thing, though it's since been beaten to death with the nerfhammer and now has a bullet spread larger than the Ignis' cone of effect.

The Kuva Quartakk is very good but I rarely used it (because of not having enough forma). Instead I am having fun with the Phage and Battacor.

it's pretty strong, my only complaint is that even for a semi-auto, it takes time to settle between shots, reducing your RoF to a crawl, but the Automatic hipfire of the Kuva version remedies this. it was my first Kuva weapon and it's roll is pretty low, like 30-something percent, but it still kicks a$$.has a good firing sound to it as well, which is important for me in a gun.

It's a macro weapon by excellence(Macro for the semi auto). When dealing with bosses it deals a lot of dps. Was pretty ok against Murex as well. However it is not cheesy good.

The Kuva Quartakk is a favorite of mine. It might not be the strongest weapon in the game but It's fun to use and for general use It's powerfull enough. 

I didn't regret getting this weapon at all.

Yes, the Quartakk has always been a very good, yet very underrated weapon. It was my fav primary for a long time. And the Kuva Quartakk is incredibly powerful.

7 hours ago, (NSW)Reason said:

You're gonna want to wait until you're strong enough to deal with liches before you decide to forma the quartakk. The Kuva quartakk is insanely better. 

Im really having a problem understanding what you are saying.what does my strength against a litch (which i have already killed one) have anything to do with putting forma on my quartakk (which i have already done three times)?

Im not following the logic here. Can you clarify?