Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Tennocon twitch drops again ? They always fail to work due to heavy traffic !

(PSN)Stealth_Cobra

Ok, i'll make this quick - Two years in a row you made Tennocon twitch drops, two years in a row where tons of people had issue where they watched the correct amount of time and never received the drop.

First year , you made some efforts and ended up giving the frame to everyone that logged into the game during Tennocon as a mea culpa, yet last year, you didn't even bother doing it , meaning me and tons of my clannmates never got our Nekros prime even though we watched the whole Tennocon Panels with linked Twitched Accounts. PPl were complaing for weeks on the forums yet the problem was swept under the rug.

So once again, why are you doing Twitch drops a third time when it's been proved time and time again the system doesn't work when there's too many people watching ?

Even worse, you guys have a working alternative in the form of redeemable codes. Last year during the art panel you gave a timed-exclusive ship decoration code and people that were watching live just had to go to the website and input the code to get it... No "watch x minutes" crap, no missed drops due to technical issues... You guys have an alternative to the twitch drops that never work as intended , yet you're not using it...

Yet here comes Tennocon 2020 and now we get TWO different twitch drops, including one exclusive mastery-giving weapon that might or might not be delivered to players due to technical issues with the service yet again. I'm sure MR29 will be really happy when for some reason the drop doesn't work and they have to wait for god knows how long for it to become a regular weapon you can obtain.

So please, just give us Redeemable codes instead usable for the duration of Tennocon... That way nobody ends us watching the whole thing and not getting the drops. As an added bonus, for people that are working and don't necessarily have access to a streaming platform / live in different timezones / etc, this would allow these ppl to just visit the forums and get the codes from people that are watching it live.

Alternatively (and even better), why not just do BOTH methods... Keep the twitch drops, but as a backup, also give timed redeem codes during Tennocon events, that way when it's been half and hour and the drop isn't there, people can go for plan B and input the code, or just input the code outright and not have to worry about it not working. Just need to make sure the "item already redeemed" prompt happens normally so people can't redeem two nekros and two copies of the weapon. Then again, worse case scenario it's not like giving 1 free warframe and weapon slot would kill the business.

Heck , you guys have video screens in the relays that can display messages from Vak Hek as he destroys them , I'm sure you could even broadcast tennocon in-game in the relays and gave the rewards for being there if you really wanted to ...

Have to agree.

5PM ET is 10PM here in the UK, meaning 11PM or even Midnight and after for a lot of other places in the world. With a lot of people being back to work now, many people will not actually be able to get their hands on Hydroid Prime and potentially the new secondary, as they simply will not be able to watch the stream.

Redeemable codes or a "Lotus Alert" in-game, like we usually get after a Devstream would be a much, much better option, at least for the new secondary hand-cannon that was teased.

A repeat broadcast with the drops enabled would also be nice tbh. Every tennocon so far has started and ran throughout the early hours of the night (1-5am) for me due to timezone difference. Claiming to love your aussie players doesnt mean much when we all have to watch the show hours later after its put up on youtube.  Much like we miss the devstreams for the same reason. 

Last year people had problems receiving the Twitch Drop due to the 300k+ people that were watching. The solution was to give a Nekros Prime to everyonewho played 2 weeks prior to the TennoCon 2019. There were simply too many people watching. We all hope that everything goes smotly but give redeem codes won't fix the issue. If they reveal the code in the TennoLive it could crash the website like happend last year. This is a strategy to keep people watching the TennoCon and not just grab a link and took off. It's an incentive to make people watch the Live event and hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Pretty sure if you're fan enough to redeem the code during tennocon, you're precisely the kind of tenno that cares enough to actually watch the reveal... Maybe you'll watch it later that day when you're not sleeping / working, maybe you'll watch the abridged Quiette Shy version , or just the trailers,  but if their goal is to get people watching, the new content teased is what's going to bring people watching anyway, with the drops just being the added incentive to show up at that time and be present.

I suppose it could hurt their twitch numbers if many ppl skip watching ilive on twitch though... Which TBH nobody should care about. Frankly , always felt kinda dishonest how DE keeps boosting their twitch user count by dropping stuff during steams. I mean, lately it feels every day there's a "work for home" random stream on the WF twitch channel.

In the end, most people "watch" it exclusively for the drops by being afk while muted in another tab, contributing in "faking" interest in the game in terms of streaming and giving the false impression ppl are really interested in the content when they are just taking advantage of the freebies and zoning off.

Il y a 2 heures, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra a dit :

Pretty sure if you're fan enough to redeem the code during tennocon, you're precisely the kind of tenno that cares enough to actually watch the reveal... Maybe you'll watch it later that day when you're not sleeping / working, maybe you'll watch the abridged Quiette Shy version , or just the trailers,  but if their goal is to get people watching, the new content teased is what's going to bring people watching anyway, with the drops just being the added incentive to show up at that time and be present.

I suppose it could hurt their twitch numbers if many ppl skip watching ilive on twitch though... Which TBH nobody should care about. Franklyn , always felt kinda dishonest how DE keeps boosting their twitch user count by dropping stuff during steams. I mean, lately it feels every day there's a "work for home" random stream on the WF twitch channel.

In the end, most people "watch" it exclusively for the drops by being afk while muted in another tab, contributing in "faking" interest in the game in terms of streaming and giving the false impression ppl are really interested in the content when they are just taking advantage of the freebies and zoning off.

Rebecca and most of the (ex) content creators acknowledged that people were only in streams for drops. They were mainly talking about glyph hunters, but it applies to any piece of in-game content.

I'm still annoyed at the fact I don't have the Lotus Ephemera, which is a Twitch drop 😞

I agree. Two years ago I got the twitch drop but last year it didn't work. And I didn't qualify for the script they ran since I didn't get either of the drops. It's just the Lotus Ephemera that I wanted but was one of the reasons I made sure to tune in.

I'm very skeptical about the twitch drops this year, unfortunately.

Archived