Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Essence Unaffected by Resource Drop Chance Boosters

Voltage

Credits to u/TheDarknessEmperor over on r/Warframe:

>>Source Link<<

Basically, it was uncovered that DropRateUpgrade: 0 for both Steel Essence and Riven Slivers in Hard Mode on the Eximus drop table. This means that a Resource Drop Chance booster will not increase the drop chance of Steel Essence or Riven Slivers, nor does the Steel Path booster affect these.

I am posting this to make people aware and hopefully save Platinum on booster purchases. I feel really bad for those who have bought or are buying Resource Drop Chance boosters thinking that they will benefit their farming in The Steel Path.

For any moderation reading this post: I am fully aware of rule 3 of the Warframe Forums regarding data-mined information. I am posting this from Reddit to hopefully help players save Platinum and bring awareness to a real problem on DE's official platform.

2 minutes ago, fo3nixz said:

Guessed so since I got a resource drop chance booster from sortie. Nope same still. I'm even doubting loot frames effect this also. So far smeeta more reliable for me

Only Nekros is confirmed to work, likely because his ability is like the enemy 'dying' again. Tests so far have been pointing to Khora/Hydroid not working, just like they don't work for Railjack resource drops from eximus units, as explained in hotfix 26.1.2

The only other that might work is Ivara, but she's not very practical for that purpose

Came here directly from the sub. I can't believe this is happening again, and Im saying this pulling my hair like it is MY JOB to make sure this works properly. 

WHAT - THE - F*CK 

Do you realize that doing this you're only dumping fuel on the fire DE? Now the community not only supports dataminers, now they will hear them OVER you. 

STOP - DOING - SCUMMY - SH*T

And what baffles me the most is that we all realized something was wrong. I have the screenlog of my 1hr ODD SURV were the whole squad goes like "There is something seriously wrong here" Whoever is reading this, if you want to I can fetch those screenshots and link them here, it was quite a lengthy chat. 

Almost palpable animosity towards the kind of player that is gonna rush and grind this stuff out. I play with all boostahs going anyway bc otherwise it just feels like a slog but yeah, bad look guys.

Just the statistics on getting a specific roll for a specific weapon... like... rain kuva on us nerds that Gr0Ll supply still going to be low 100. 

Perhaps this is just a minor coding oversight and hotfix incoming boiz. 

Also, please dont cuss or yell at an entire company because a handful of people made a douchey move. This thread devolving into 5th grade bs is exactly how itll get locked. Express yourself in a constructive way, or move on.

hace 37 minutos, CoefficientOfCool dijo:

Almost palpable animosity towards the kind of player that is gonna rush and grind this stuff out. I play with all boostahs going anyway bc otherwise it just feels like a slog but yeah, bad look guys.

Just the statistics on getting a specific roll for a specific weapon... like... rain kuva on us nerds that Gr0Ll supply still going to be low 100. 

Perhaps this is just a minor coding oversight and hotfix incoming boiz. 

Also, please dont cuss or yell at an entire company because a handful of people made a douchey move. This thread devolving into 5th grade bs is exactly how itll get locked. Express yourself in a constructive way, or move on.

Well tbh this is not the first time it happens, and is not the first time a dataminer reveals that the money some players are spending is going to the sink.

And I gotta admit Im ranty right now, but come on, I thought this S#&amp;&#036; would never happen again, I'm concerned and frustrated. Do you realize how many players Warframe is losing because of this? 

I want this game to be GREAT. This is just... really #*!%*ing bad. 

4 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Well tbh this is not the first time it happens, and is not the first time a dataminer reveals that the money some players are spending is going to the sink.

And I gotta admit Im ranty right now, but come on, I thought this S#&amp;&#036; would never happen again, I'm concerned and frustrated. Do you realize how many players Warframe is losing because of this? 

I want this game to be GREAT. This is just... really #*!%*ing bad. 

brother you ain't wrong. at all. 

Most likely the same mistake as with carbides/cubic diodes (yes I do believe it wasn't done intentionally/mailiciously)
Well, glad I only bought a 3 day booster instead of 30 days
Someone should overview things like these to prevent people from wasting plat unnecessarily, boosters are a must check for every new resource added, for a while there's always been the doubt "will this booster work" with every new resource

After my 3 day Drop Booster ended and I played the SP again I noticed that the drops didnt change.

Conclusion: The boosters dont stack like the ones of special weekends on SP.

Querry: Does that mean the original drop chance of the thing is 1%?

Response: Oh ouchie.

16 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Came here directly from the sub. I can't believe this is happening again, and Im saying this pulling my hair like it is MY JOB to make sure this works properly. 

WHAT - THE - F*CK 

Do you realize that doing this you're only dumping fuel on the fire DE? Now the community not only supports dataminers, now they will hear them OVER you. 

STOP - DOING - SCUMMY - SH*T

And what baffles me the most is that we all realized something was wrong. I have the screenlog of my 1hr ODD SURV were the whole squad goes like "There is something seriously wrong here" Whoever is reading this, if you want to I can fetch those screenshots and link them here, it was quite a lengthy chat. 

Have they even said anything yet?

18 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Have they even said anything yet?

No. They will wait it out until tennocon and then maybe silently do something about it. The usual strategy is to release new shiny thing so most people would forget about the issue.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Since when are Blue boosters able to stack?

Boosters stack with anything else that has a booster by "default". Double xp, resource or credit weekends, and the bonuses you get from staying in endless missions. Its reasonable to assume they would stack in this scenario as well.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Boosters stack with anything else that has a booster by "default". Double xp, resource or credit weekends, and the bonuses you get from staying in endless missions. Its reasonable to assume they would stack in this scenario as well.

Was there any Blue booster weekend? Even if there was I bought Yellow 1 because Blue booster has different mechanism and doesn’t stack by default.

Archived