Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Essence Unaffected by Resource Drop Chance Boosters

Voltage

15 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

They stack with Dark Sector resource drop rate boosts, which are just a weaker version of the market version

This is a proof that 1 Blue booster is already in mission, so rest Blue boosters, bought by players, will not work. I’m using colours, just to be clear.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

This is a proof that 1 Blue booster is already in mission, so rest Blue boosters, bought by players, will not work. I’m using colours, just to be clear.

check the post, blue booster don't work, the native blue booster of the steel path and the boost of dark sector node don't work either, loot skills also don't work, only yellow booster work

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:
24 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

What? Steel Path blue boosters stacks with the market blue booster on all resources except for resources (namely steel essence) where DE deliberately disabled all forms of resource drop chance boosters (all while giving no indication that they didn’t work on these particular resources).

1 hour ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Was there any Blue booster weekend? Even if there was I bought Yellow 1 because Blue booster has different mechanism and doesn’t stack by default.

So, just from the fact that we haven't seen a resource drop chance booster weekend, we're supposed to know that it won't stack? 

This argument is just plain stupid. 

26 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

So, just from the fact that we haven't seen a resource drop chance booster weekend, we're supposed to know that it won't stack? 

There was one a long time ago, there was also a "regular" double resource weekend at the same time and the boosters did stack.

Pre nerf Pilf Hydroid, pre nerf Desecrate drop chance + pre nerf greedy mag turned this into a massive mega loot fest.

31 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Well they dont stack if you have several in a group, but aslong as one is present the boost is there for the whole group. So I guess it works the same for the innate steel path boosters.

edit: DE should have been waaay clearer about how they work and how SP boosters work and interact with player boosters.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Was there any Blue booster weekend? Even if there was I bought Yellow 1 because Blue booster has different mechanism and doesn’t stack by default.

Looks like the thread was blessed by the game mechanics guru. Can you you tell us what happens with drops when resource chance booster owner gets 1.25x resource chance in endless fissure?

Next time actually read the link in OP. Booster straight up doesn't apply to cubes and slivers in SP, it is not overrided by "blue booster" from SP because it is not a blue booster bought by players (which don't stack with themselves), just +100% drop chance. Otherwise the line for boosters would look different.

1 hour ago, 16Bitman said:

There was one a long time ago, there was also a "regular" double resource weekend at the same time and the boosters did stack.

Pre nerf Pilf Hydroid, pre nerf Desecrate drop chance + pre nerf greedy mag turned this into a massive mega loot fest.

Oh sweet. Then I'm even more right than I thought i was. 

1 hour ago, Trvldl said:

Looks like the thread was blessed by the game mechanics guru. Can you you tell us what happens with drops when resource chance booster owner gets 1.25x resource chance in endless fissure?

Next time actually read the link in OP. Booster straight up doesn't apply to cubes and slivers in SP, it is not overrided by "blue booster" from SP because it is not a blue booster bought by players (which don't stack with themselves), just +100% drop chance. Otherwise the line for boosters would look different.

Thank you for backing me up. (Intentionally or not)

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Look dude, I´m not here for some kind of e-peen game, just to make things clear. Patch notes, Wiki and @SneakyErvinusage of brain should be enough to understand how it works.

Chears

Its a good thing you're not here for some kind of e peen game. Because you would be embarrassing the hell out of yourself. 

Any time DE has activated a booster for an event, or any time you stay in an endless mission long enough, they stack with any booster you already have. Double credits can become quad credits. Double resources can be quad resources. 

Its reasonable to think the booster that boosts the chance of enemies dropping loot would cause them to drop more loot in this case. The fact that you have to rely on outside-the-game sources to try to make your point (badly) proves my point. Thats fine print gotcha AT BEST. 

On 2020-07-21 at 7:14 PM, 16Bitman said:

How do player owned resource drop chance boosters and mod drop chance boosters stack?

Have I at least gotten more poly for the 80p I spent on the booster or did I just delete the plat?

To answer my own question,

I got roughly half of the poly/plastids on my runs after my own bought drop chance booster expired, which means that the steel path drop chance booster and the player owned drop chance booster do stack.

As far as I can remember the map was full of mod markers during the very brief period I owned a mod drop chance booster when the steel path update dropped, but I have no evidence to back it up so feel free to ignore this part.

18 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

To answer my own question,

I got roughly half of the poly/plastids on my runs after my own bought drop chance booster expired, which means that the steel path drop chance booster and the player owned drop chance booster do stack.

As far as I can remember the map was full of mod markers during the very brief period I owned a mod drop chance booster when the steel path update dropped, but I have no evidence to back it up so feel free to ignore this part.

Yes, the data in the link posted by Op show that they stack on all resources except on the Steel Essence, which is the main problem that need to be addressed by DE

Purchased both a resource and a drop chance booster to farm these. Seriously feeling ripped off and cheated. I can't recall any other mob drops that are not effected by boosts. Should we submit tickets for this type of situation? 

27 minutes ago, Pyus said:

Purchased both a resource and a drop chance booster to farm these. Seriously feeling ripped off and cheated. I can't recall any other mob drops that are not effected by boosts. Should we submit tickets for this type of situation? 

I doubt they're going to do anything, this will just be dismissed as another instance of "working as intended". 

1 hour ago, Pyus said:

Likely it wont do anything to report it since it probably works as intended.

Steel Essence works like RJ resources dropped from eximus units aswell as oxium, they are on a seperate drop table that is guaranteed to roll when the mob dies. It is just that instead of having a 100% chance to drop like Oxium or a 50% chance like carbides, it just has a 2% chance to drop. The roll however is still guaranteed, so the booster cannot further increase the chance that it rolls, since 100% chance to roll on the table is as high as it can go.

DE explained this when Carbides and the other RJ eximus materials were released. They should have been clearer with it regarding steel essence aswell.

Currency =/= Resource

If you're implying Steel Essence/Riven Slivers are just currency and not resources, then you're just plain wrong. Vitus Essence is a perfect example of this, it is affected by both the resource drop chance booster and the dark sector bonuses. 

Just now, Emperor said:

If you're implying Steel Essence/Riven Slivers are currency and not resource, then you're just plain wrong. Vitus Essence is a perfect example of this, it is affected by both the resource drop chance booster and the dark sector bonuses. 

Jesus Christ, it’s in Patch notes.

Currency =/= Resource

Where in the patch notes? Because, from the patch notes:

On 2020-07-08 at 1:09 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Steel Essence can be found as a Resource drop from Eximus enemies within The Steel Path. 

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Likely it wont do anything to report it since it probably works as intended.

Steel Essence works like RJ resources dropped from eximus units aswell as oxium, they are on a seperate drop table that is guaranteed to roll when the mob dies. It is just that instead of having a 100% chance to drop like Oxium or a 50% chance like carbides, it just has a 2% chance to drop. The roll however is still guaranteed, so the booster cannot further increase the chance that it rolls, since 100% chance to roll on the table is as high as it can go.

DE explained this when Carbides and the other RJ eximus materials were released. They should have been clearer with it regarding steel essence aswell.

And of course, the excuse they provided for that is complete bs. There are enemies with over 100% chance on a drop table, namely exploiter orb and thumpers. That's what makes them give you multiple drops from that table.

So there is no technical limitation preventing increasing drop chance on railjack mats/steel essence because of how they're implement as drops, DE simply decided to not make them work

hace 13 horas, Pyus dijo:

Yes. I personally had a booster BEFORE the update, but if I had bought one for this Id already submitted a ticket. 
Please do and let us know if they answer. 
DE is not addressing this and I fear they're waiting after tennocon so they can milk as much plat as possible and/or not look bad in the event

Archived