Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Essence Unaffected by Resource Drop Chance Boosters

Voltage

That its been two days since it was revealed that the Resource Drop Chance Booster dont work SPECIFICALLY on Steel Essence/Riven Slivers.

There are people who don't know this because don't use Reddit or these forums, who are currently throwing away their plat on these boosters. 

DE remains tightly shut, they're allowing these players to keep spending their plat on something that doesn't work.

DE address this because the later you do, the worse is gonna get. A partner just made a video to prevent people from wasting their plat, even though
 he is afraid of the consequences he could face for sharing datamined content. The comments are mostly people saying they feel ripped off and want a refund. 
 Every single one of those players are potentially quitters and people who will tell potential players to NOT play this game. 

Warframe is AMAZING, I love this game, and I love the dev team, but if these shady monetary tactics are allowed to exist it will only doom the game. 
 Im posting this here, and Im sharing this both on social media and ingame, because I WANT THIS GAME TO BE BETTER. 

Im not angry, Im sad and concerned. 
 What happened to the DE that disabled Kubrows lottery because of a single player who couldn't stop? 
 What's happening now is destroying the players's trust you have built with actions like the mentioned before. 

Thanks for reading.
 Please to anybody concerned as me: Communicate to your clan and friends ingame that these Boosters don't work. 

37 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

DE remains tightly shut, they're allowing these players to keep spending their plat on something that doesn't work.

They do this with alot of things...

But i suppose i can lend my support for one thing... 🙂

Free Bump.

I have been following this for quite a bit.

At this point I cannot tell if people are more upset about perceived malfeasance or that an already active booster does not affect a particular resource when there is a history in a game of resources that are not affected by a particular boosters.

It was never stated that Steel Essence was affected by a drop chance boosters nor was it stated that it was not. Had the Essence been called a currency instead of a resource in the patch notes I wonder if we would be in this exact same situation. 

Answer that if the drop chance boosters do stack you are still getting value from having purchased one on the other resources from the star chart so perceived value is very much up to interpretation on an individualized basis. Regardless of how it started out the players had already pretty much figured out that it was not affected by the drop chance booster from just playing the mode that conversation already happened on the Wiki and on Reddit but it was actually never confirmed one way or the other until recent events outside of DE. 

Logically speaking if I was going to introduce a new resource in a mode that had never existed before and I needed a control set I would put the the parameters in without any modifiers so I could get the data I need to make an informed decision on what calculations would need to go in to adjust a drop rate that would be sufficient for the target set by the initial design. Since DE has been criticized in the past for reducing things AKA nerfing it would make logical sense to start at zero and work your way up if it was determined that the initial design was not enough.

And since we have had screenshots of peoples Mission completions with 100-plus Steel Essence in 1-2 hours is that a bad drop rate? I dont know I don't have the hard data. DE are on record saying they would be monitoring the drop rate. And as of this time we have not heard their conclusions on it. 

Suffice it to say I personally believe there is a gross over reaction occurring. And the only aspect of this entire situation is but I feel DE it's just going to have to come out and acknowledge and address. That however has now become impossible because no matter what DE says they have already been tried judged and convicted and I can say that from seeing what comments on Reddit have been up voted the most.

Mob Justice indeed, and now here we are further divided. DE from their poor word choice, and some players with an insatiable desire. It's unhealthy all around, nobody wins!

hace 45 minutos, Magus_Tahir dijo:

I have been following this for quite a bit.

At this point I cannot tell if people are more upset about perceived malfeasance or that an already active booster does not affect a particular resource when there is a history in a game of resources that are not affected by a particular boosters.

It was never stated that Steel Essence was affected by a drop chance boosters nor was it stated that it was not. Had the Essence been called a currency instead of a resource in the patch notes I wonder if we would be in this exact same situation. 

Answer that if the drop chance boosters do stack you are still getting value from having purchased one on the other resources from the star chart so perceived value is very much up to interpretation on an individualized basis. Regardless of how it started out the players had already pretty much figured out that it was not affected by the drop chance booster from just playing the mode that conversation already happened on the Wiki and on Reddit but it was actually never confirmed one way or the other until recent events outside of DE. 

Logically speaking if I was going to introduce a new resource in a mode that had never existed before and I needed a control set I would put the the parameters in without any modifiers so I could get the data I need to make an informed decision on what calculations would need to go in to adjust a drop rate that would be sufficient for the target set by the initial design. Since DE has been criticized in the past for reducing things AKA nerfing it would make logical sense to start at zero and work your way up if it was determined that the initial design was not enough.

And since we have had screenshots of peoples Mission completions with 100-plus Steel Essence in 1-2 hours is that a bad drop rate? I dont know I don't have the hard data. DE are on record saying they would be monitoring the drop rate. And as of this time we have not heard their conclusions on it. 

Suffice it to say I personally believe there is a gross over reaction occurring. And the only aspect of this entire situation is but I feel DE it's just going to have to come out and acknowledge and address. That however has now become impossible because no matter what DE says they have already been tried judged and convicted and I can say that from seeing what comments on Reddit have been up voted the most.

Mob Justice indeed, and now here we are further divided. DE from their poor word choice, and some players with an insatiable desire. It's unhealthy all around, nobody wins!

You're talking like its the players fault lol 
 DE programmed the drop tables, not us
 And the datamining showed that these resources
 were "blocked" from being affected by this particular booster
 NOT that they are not listed as a resource

Is not called "mob justice", its called common sense
 Check if you can follow this thought train: 
- A company sells X that affects Y
- Customers spend money on X
- Customers realize Y is not showing an accordingly effect to X
- Customers check numbers. X DOES NOT affect Y
- Customers point out that if company charges money for X claiming that affects Y
 and this statement results false this company is scamming people
- Company gets notified. Does nothing. Says nothing. 
- X is still being sold 

If you get a headache trying to understand this then you should relax and try later

And Im getting posts removed instantly, without notification, here on these forums. 
 So they're actually censoring those who try to warn other players from not spending money on X

Can you connect the dots? Or are you one of those die hard white knights? 

Warframe is my most played game. I love it, I love Rebb, Megan, Steve, Scott, they are all amazing.
 But whoever is behind monetization is a greedy bastard or an acknowledged incompetent (because stuff like this has happened before)
 Thats why Im so f*cking concerned man. Warframe needs to go forward, not backwards, this is destroying years of trust building from the community. 

Anyhow, have a nice day, Im honest about it.
 It's just a video game after all. 
 Hopefully this doesn't get removed. 

4 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

But whoever is behind monetization is a greedy bastard or an acknowledged incompetent (because stuff like this has happened before)

Thanks to that person we have the fair monetization we have today. Take off that tinfoil hat, it’s obvious that it’s a major oversight on their part. They will definitely respond in tomorrow’s Prime Time. 

8 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

- Customers point out that if company charges money for X claiming that affects Y
- X is still being sold 

If you get a headache trying to understand this then you should relax and try later

And Im getting posts removed instantly, without notification, here on these forums. 
 So they're actually censoring those who try to warn other players from not spending money on X

Warframe is my most played game. I love it, I love Rebb, Megan, Steve, Scott, they are all amazing.
 Thats why Im so f*cking concerned man. Warframe needs to go forward, not backwards, this is destroying years of trust building from the community. 

There is the truth, and then there is the perception of the truth. I have read your commentary on Reddit along with everyone else's I am not invested in this or concerned one way or the other. Outside of the situation itself in that history is repeating itself, and the actions of the few who are doggedly applying pressure on a situation they have a very one sided take on due to the community not having both sides of the situation to make a sound judgement.

I clearly pointed out I find fault on both sides for very different reasons. And at this stage there will be no amicable communication that is going to satisfy the most passionate on this issue outside of exactly what those indviduals have decided they need to hear. And for you specifically are not in a position of impartiality on the matter so I can only give your comments so much credence. I want facts and logic, and until I hear DE side of things I will not render a judgement or pick a side in this case.

Also you posts are not all being deleted if they are at all nere as I can tell only merged into the primary thread on this topic where we are now, which is standard forum practice. 

You are passionate and I can respect that. However passions must be governed and moderated when accusations are put forth and that is also common sense. It's no different than working in the service industry and having a customer shouting in your face would you be inclined to listen to what they have to say?

You are right about one thing at the end of the day it is just a video game. And until I have the information necessary to make a full informed decision everything else is speculation.

Be well.

15 hours ago, Emperor said:

If you're implying Steel Essence/Riven Slivers are just currency and not resources, then you're just plain wrong. Vitus Essence is a perfect example of this, it is affected by both the resource drop chance booster and the dark sector bonuses. 

Because Vitus Essence doesnt have a 100% chance to roll on kill. It is part of the normal loot table.

8 hours ago, vFlitz said:

And of course, the excuse they provided for that is complete bs. There are enemies with over 100% chance on a drop table, namely exploiter orb and thumpers. That's what makes them give you multiple drops from that table.

So there is no technical limitation preventing increasing drop chance on railjack mats/steel essence because of how they're implement as drops, DE simply decided to not make them work

That means the table is individually tweaked, and has nothing to do with booster that interact with what is currently there. So far only pigments can result in extra drop based on resource drop chance boosters afaik, while several other guaranteed drops are only effected by resource boosters, like orokin cells from bosses or oxium.

And no, DE did not prevent them from working, it is simply that the roll is already guaranteed.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Thanks to that person we have the fair monetization we have today. Take off that tinfoil hat, it’s obvious that it’s a major oversight on their part. They will definitely respond in tomorrow’s Prime Time. 

Doubt it...

And even if they did... they would only do so because they got caught. *Puts Tinfoil Fashion back on.

18 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Because Vitus Essence doesnt have a 100% chance to roll on kill. It is part of the normal loot table.

Arent there Enemies with Guaranteed Resource Drops that are still affect by Boosters ? Profit Taker for example ?

4 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Arent there Enemies with Guaranteed Resource Drops that are still affect by Boosters ? Profit Taker for example ?

PT is effected by the resource booster and mod chance booster, but not the resource chance booster since all resources are already at 100%.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

PT is effected by the resource booster and mod chance booster, but not the resource chance booster since all resources are already at 100%.

Yeah I get that... i just wanted to point out the inconsistency...

3 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Yeah I get that... i just wanted to point out the inconsistency...

But what is the inconsistancy? Resource boosters work on Steel Essence too. If anything the game is 99.99% consistant since the chance boosters dont apply to anything except pigments that already have a 100% chance to roll. All other items that have a 100%+ chance to roll are only effected by the resource booster.

31 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

That means the table is individually tweaked, and has nothing to do with booster that interact with what is currently there. So far only pigments can result in extra drop based on resource drop chance boosters afaik, while several other guaranteed drops are only effected by resource boosters, like orokin cells from bosses or oxium.

And no, DE did not prevent them from working, it is simply that the roll is already guaranteed.

Let me put it in other words. Coding something so that it has '100% chance, but actually no' and justifying it to make booster/abilities not work is bad enough because there is no discernable reason not to code it the normal way. And it shouldn't be compared to a guaranteed drop that's actually truly guaranteed.

Then, if the game is actually capable of handling drop chance >100% then there is no excuse to make those drops be unaffected no matter how they are coded, so the only explanation is simply that DE didn't want them to be.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

This is false and point where everything started because players are lazy or selfish to not read Patch notes. 

Steel Path was advertised with a baked in Resource Chance Booster. Precedence shows us that all market boosters stack with baked in boosters/server boosters. Patch Notes read Steel Essence is a new Resource dropped by Eximus units in Steel Path missions. How is it false to assume a resource is affected by a resource drop chance booster? This oversight needs to be addressed, especially because lots of Platinum has been spent on a problem that only data mining can prove. That's extremely frustrating, especially for a game that urges you not to datamine.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Roble_Viejo:

- X is still being sold 

Imo it doesn't matter,just farm two times 2 hours survival in Gabii or Derelect with a Loot Setup and u can buy everything in the shop,it is affected by the resource booster (2x resource) and smeeta,dont complain about it that much there are bigger problems,like the current pathetic enemies. DE never said it is affected and even if it wouldn't make a worlds difference since the drop rate goes from what,2% to 4% ? that's not  that much noticeable anyway otherwise people would have noticed it already. If you bought a booster just for this then farm  another useful resource in the meantime. HONESTLY I hope it stays this way so people that complain about this little farming already get used to it and stop crying on the forums. Funny is on the other hand that people farm COMPLETELY wrong and then blame DE nothing drops,i saw so many people doing 1h survival,thats NOT how this works,eximus spawn rate is at max level at 60 minutes,which means the farm STARTS after one hour. If you farm wrong and blame DE for low drops that's on you

11 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Steel Path was advertised with a baked in Resource Chance Booster. Precedence shows us that all market boosters stack with baked in boosters/server boosters. Patch Notes read Steel Essence is a new Resource dropped by Eximus units in Steel Path missions. How is it false to assume a resource is affected by a resource drop chance booster? This oversight needs to be addressed, especially because lots of Platinum has been spent on a problem that only data mining can prove. That's extremely frustrating, especially for a game that urges you not to datamine.

If You started some kind of Crusade against DE it’s You problem, but be fair. 

1. Weekend included Blue booster besides Yellow was only 1 and it was hard to realize if it works or not because the drop was enormous especially thanks to Hydroid.

2. Blue boosters don’t stack

3. Sentence before Sentence in Patch notes, which describes how Steel Essence drops and everyone is using as a some kind of proof that it’s a Resource, is clear: Steel Essence is Currency. 

4. Players should blame yourself for their laziness and probably Selfishness based on: I’m here long enough, so nothing can surprised me, why should I need to read Patch notes then.

18 minutes ago, vFlitz said:

Let me put it in other words. Coding something so that it has '100% chance, but actually no' and justifying it to make booster/abilities not work is bad enough because there is no discernable reason not to code it the normal way. And it shouldn't be compared to a guaranteed drop that's actually truly guaranteed.

Then, if the game is actually capable of handling drop chance >100% then there is no excuse to make those drops be unaffected no matter how they are coded, so the only explanation is simply that DE didn't want them to be.

If you actually look at it, there would be no difference if it was part of the normal resource table and affected by the booster since the drop would still compete with common, uncommon and rare material drops in the end since Eximus units share those tables with their normal counterparts. This would result in it effectively having the same chance to drop with or without a booster unless my math is completely off, since it the number of drops per mob never increases.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

If You started some kind of Crusade against DE it’s You problem, but be fair. 

1. Weekend included Blue booster besides Yellow was only 1 and it was hard to realize if it works or not because the drop was enormous especially thanks to Hydroid.

2. Blue boosters don’t stack

3. Sentence before Sentence in Patch notes, which describes how Steel Essence drops and everyone is using as a some kind of proof that it’s a Resource, is clear: Steel Essence is Currency. 

4. Players should blame yourself for their laziness and probably Selfishness based on: I’m here long enough, so nothing can surprised me, why should I need to read Patch notes then.

2. Blue Steel Path Booster and Blue Player owned booster stack on resources like polymer bundles.

3. Why does the "Resource Booster (yellow)" work on it then?

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

But what is the inconsistancy? Resource boosters work on Steel Essence too. If anything the game is 99.99% consistant since the chance boosters dont apply to anything except pigments that already have a 100% chance to roll. All other items that have a 100%+ chance to roll are only effected by the resource booster.

The inconsistency is Anything thats affected by the Double Resource Booster is also supposed to be affected by the Resource Drop Chance Booster.

The Operative Word here being "Resource".... 

Having one booster work but not the other is the Inconsistency. Ergo... yes... you can claim DE is swindling players out of their platinum since what is or is not a resource keeps getting Cherry Picked to make players Grind.

26 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

The inconsistency is Anything thats affected by the Double Resource Booster is also supposed to be affected by the Resource Drop Chance Booster.

The Operative Word here being "Resource".... 

Having one booster work but not the other is the Inconsistency. Ergo... yes... you can claim DE is swindling players out of their platinum since what is or is not a resource keeps getting Cherry Picked to make players Grind.

The only incosistancy is that the 2x booster works on Steel Essence since it isnt a resource, but a pure currency and that the resource chance booster works on pigments even though they are mostly guaranteed drops comparable to Oxium and RJ eximus drops.

The "cherry picking" really only applies to RJ resources, though in reality it is more beneficial to have them seperate of the loot table due to how resource boosters work, which in the case of RJ eximus drops would make eximus units only be able to drop RJ resources and nothing else since they natively sit at 50% chance. Hence why resource chance doesnt work on them, since they are designed to simply drop 50% of the time, which a resource chance booster would break, since it would sit at 100% in that case, making it pointless to set them to 50% at the start.

edit: I guess they could add the eximus rJ drops to the regular resource loot table at 10% chance or something, because that would totally be recieved well by the players complaining.

2 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

2. Blue Steel Path Booster and Blue Player owned booster stack on resources like polymer bundles.

Questionable, it increases a Chance and falling down with Rarity of Resource, it’s RNG goodwill how much Resources You will get. 

2 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

3. Why does the "Resource Booster (yellow)" work on it then?

Imo just outdated name, where Resource is used as universal name and if You’re not sure check Wiki or ask. Should be renamed, according how players act in these days, for something like Double drop on everything except Endo and Mods booster, maybe something like  Material booster will be enough.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Good question, they should remove that since essence isnt a resource.

In the patch notes for the Steel Path:

On 2020-07-08 at 4:09 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Steel Essence can be found as a Resource drop from Eximus enemies within The Steel Path. 

cover3.jpg

Endo is in the Mod drop table and is affected by a Mod drop chance booster. Seriously? This is cherry-picking on the next level to wave DE in the clear on a fundamental scam in booster purchases. If I wanted to really stretch it, technically fish and gems are "currency" for standing in Plains of Eidolon and Fortuna, and both resource boosters affect those. Funny how that works right?

Archived