Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Essence Unaffected by Resource Drop Chance Boosters

Voltage

2 hours ago, Trvldl said:

Yeah, it's a separate issue though. We are talking about shop item here, remember?

This here is prime example of a person that shouldn't be listened to in regards to such a matter. Patchnotes are just that, notes. Actual play shows how things works, why should I even state the obvious.

If you are somehow serious, my advice is to verify key lines in patchnotes, they aren't always correct, claims about features and fixes aren't always correct or complete. Reddit post stated very clearly that it's 50% chance to roll a drop and 100% chance for it to be a resource, because it is a drop roll separate from every other resource. It doesn't happen the other way around, i'll quote myself:

because that's silly and when wf loot drop happens it can't roll nothing. If you find a case like this — post it here. I'd archive the droplist if I knew DE would delete these resource entries. Don't you find it weird that they got deleted?

I never implied that it affects content distribution, and yes it works and boosts the chance to roll it at all, as intended.

Here is my capture run that I mentioned above, arbiters hit squad, random eximus and 2 wardens (not the normal wardens):

Warframe1157.jpg

That reddit poster can also have easily mixed up the positions in the table. There is a reason those entries got removed. As I said previously, these items are tweaked on their own with unique drop methods. They even abide to special rules regarding loot frames not seen anywhere else except on "reward" drops, like Kuva from demos. The drop list simply doesnt tell us what rules each item follows, so blindly just following the percentages should have us up in arms regarding several things, but those things are designed to work a specific way.

Maybe its just me, but Resource Drop Chance boosters are by far the most lackluster boosters in the game.
I commonly experience No Significant Difference in any drop rate from a Resource Drop Chance booster.

If they are giving me more Polymer Bundles... um.... thats some pretty serious "Who Gives A Darn" material.
When it counts - e.g. perhaps boost the drop rate of a Prime Part? - I do not notice any significant difference whatsoever.

When a Resource Drop Chance booster shows up in my daily reward against other options I rarely bother to take the booster.
5 Tellerium seems vastly more valuable to me.  Etc.
(*grumble grumble...*)

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

That reddit poster can also have easily mixed up the positions in the table. There is a reason those entries got removed. As I said previously, these items are tweaked on their own with unique drop methods. They even abide to special rules regarding loot frames not seen anywhere else except on "reward" drops, like Kuva from demos. The drop list simply doesnt tell us what rules each item follows, so blindly just following the percentages should have us up in arms regarding several things, but those things are designed to work a specific way.

Open your eyes, I posted the result from my run that makes your position obsolete. Go get a booster and pull your head out of the sand. You are literally arguing against proven truth here.

Your incorrect claim was that blue booster gear item never worked because you read something in patchnotes that is not even there. Of course you'll project that some redditor fumbled at reading the droptables, which you apparently haven't done yourself at the time. The sole fact that blue booster does turn 50% into 100% in this case means that post was and still is correct.

You don't know how loot rolls work and refuse to even try to test the very thing you are talking about. Looters don't double the chance to get a roll but instead make that roll to happen again. That effect is coded in separately, it doesn't affect the booster effect in the slightest. Tweaking items in regard to loot frames didn't change the fact that booster works in case of rj eximus resources and must be fixed to apply in steel essence case.

6 hours ago, Trvldl said:

Open your eyes, I posted the result from my run that makes your position obsolete. Go get a booster and pull your head out of the sand. You are literally arguing against proven truth here.

Your incorrect claim was that blue booster gear item never worked because you read something in patchnotes that is not even there. Of course you'll project that some redditor fumbled at reading the droptables, which you apparently haven't done yourself at the time. The sole fact that blue booster does turn 50% into 100% in this case means that post was and still is correct.

You don't know how loot rolls work and refuse to even try to test the very thing you are talking about. Looters don't double the chance to get a roll but instead make that roll to happen again. That effect is coded in separately, it doesn't affect the booster effect in the slightest. Tweaking items in regard to loot frames didn't change the fact that booster works in case of rj eximus resources and must be fixed to apply in steel essence case.

I still stand by that the redditer got it backwards or that the list never showed the intended interaction, since it was removed. It is very possible that the initial mechanic was 50% table roll chance and 100% drop, that is however not what the post-fix notes say. The notes themselves indicate they they are uniquely "crafted" due to interaction with looter skills.

I also dont know where you get the idea from that I say looters double the chance. The reason DE blocked it was because certain frames would automatically double the yield, since the table has a 100% chance to roll, which would mean whenever a loot skill succeeds, this loot would be the only thing that drops, while normal loot is bound by table RNG and can also end up failing, producing health orbs for instance. And there is nothing to fix with steel essence if it is designed the way it is intentionally.

What they should do is fix the Steel Path booster if it is true that normal resource chance boosters increase RJ resources from eximus units. You conveniently decided to skip that part of your screen shot earlier.

edit: Can someone else that reads this thread and happens to have a resource chance booster active go and test it in Steel Path and normal to see if RJ eximus resources drop 100% of the time? I wont waste plat on that booster to test this, since I dont wanna be bothered possibly reporting someone for "scam tips" when plat is involved incase it isnt true.

39 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The reason DE blocked it was because certain frames would automatically double the yield, since the table has a 100% chance to roll, which would mean whenever a loot skill succeeds, this loot would be the only thing that drops, while normal loot is bound by table RNG and can also end up failing, producing health orbs for instance.

No idea what you imply here. If a table has a 100% chance to roll then looters roll it again, unless that's disabled by devs on purpose of you getting less drops. There can't be other reason, and i'm ok with that, if it's announced by devs. You do know that oxium ospreys can be looted? 100% chance to roll. So what i'm saying is looter frames and boosters are coded in separately, you should stop bringing looters up. And a sole health orb is a purely desecrate feature, just fyi.

It is very possible that the initial mechanic was 50% table roll chance and 100% drop, that is however not what the post-fix notes say.

But booster works, and notes don't mention booster.

And there is nothing to fix with steel essence if it is designed the way it is intentionally.

Resolving this problem could've been as simple as changing a line of code if it's a bug and as simple as making a statement if it's a feature. Now consoles got the same treatment, apparently, without a word from devs.

edit: Can someone else that reads this thread and happens to have a resource chance booster active go and test it in Steel Path and normal to see if RJ eximus resources drop 100% of the time? I wont waste plat on that booster to test this, since I dont wanna be bothered possibly reporting someone for "scam tips" when plat is involved incase it isnt true.

I have much better idea. My booster is still there, want to join me for a few rescue runs? I can even make a video, with or without you.

2 minutes ago, Trvldl said:

No idea what you imply here. If a table has a 100% chance to roll then looters roll it again, unless that's disabled by devs on purpose of you getting less drops. There can't be other reason, and i'm ok with that, if it's announced by devs. You do know that oxium ospreys can be looted? 100% chance to roll. So what i'm saying is looter frames and boosters are coded in separately, you should stop bringing looters up. And a sole health orb is a purely desecrate feature, just fyi.

But booster works, and notes don't mention booster.

Resolving this problem could've been as simple as changing a line of code if it's a bug and as simple as making a statement if it's a feature. Now consoles got the same treatment, apparently, without a word from devs.

I have much better idea. My booster is still there, want to join me for a few rescue runs? I can even make a video, with or without you.

I implied exactly what you said, that they are specifically made that way. Oxium Ospreys have other mechanics that set them apart for instance. It is up to DE how they design things, if one things works one way, another can work in a different way.

Some boosters work, yes. Apparently not all, since the Steel Path booster doesnt, which otherwise works exactly like a resource chance booster.

If the consolers havent picked up on that yet it is on them really. The info is out there now for everyone that is interested, on several different media and info sites. But I agree and have said it several times here before, they should have been clear with it. That still doesnt mean they should change it now if it already works as intended, which it probably does since we have different types of loot interactions in the game already.

Not gonna waste more time on missions I dont have any use for. Make a video if you like, just make sure to make it as clear as possible.

31 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I implied exactly what you said, that they are specifically made that way. Oxium Ospreys have other mechanics that set them apart for instance. It is up to DE how they design things, if one things works one way, another can work in a different way.

I've said a lot of things to counter the mess in in your replies. Indeed DE can set up a precedent, but bugs don't count and things like this one are assumed bugs until the said precedent is set.

Some boosters work, yes. Apparently not all, since the Steel Path booster doesnt, which otherwise works exactly like a resource chance booster.

You've lost any authority to make claims about how things work by refusing to do a simple test and by being wrong on top.

If the consolers havent picked up on that yet it is on them really. The info is out there now for everyone that is interested, on several different media and info sites. But I agree and have said it several times here before, they should have been clear with it. That still doesnt mean they should change it now if it already works as intended, which it probably does since we have different types of loot interactions in the game already.

No need for victim blaming. If anything this conversation kept the thread more visible, thank you for bumping.

Not gonna waste more time on missions I dont have any use for. Make a video if you like, just make sure to make it as clear as possible.

We spent quite some time arguing already, why not go extra 10 minutes?

1 hour ago, Trvldl said:

I've said a lot of things to counter the mess in in your replies. Indeed DE can set up a precedent, but bugs don't count and things like this one are assumed bugs until the said precedent is set.

You've lost any authority to make claims about how things work by refusing to do a simple test and by being wrong on top.

No need for victim blaming. If anything this conversation kept the thread more visible, thank you for bumping.

We spent quite some time arguing already, why not go extra 10 minutes?

All I've said from the beginning is that it seems to work like it should, since there is precendence in other parts of the game that implies that not everything needs to work exactly the same. You and some others simply put it in a black and white area, that if it works one way with something it must do so with the rest aswell. 

I refuse to do the simple test now because I wont waste plat on one of the least economical things the game has to offer. Just that people actually waste plat on this booster to begin with is to say the least mindblowing. It is bad enough already to have to click off SP when doing some specific mining, since it is now a forced buff in SP.

I dont really see how it is blaming. I just assume people that are "serious" with their efficiency read up on things prior when there are weeks of data on it from another platform. You know what would have helped this convo more? If it was in either the feedback or bug section and not on GD.

Because that would be extra 10 minutes. When I'm in game I do things I need to to, when on forums I discuss. I dont really care wether or not the booster actually works, since I wont use it myself eitherway. What I do care about is if DE would suddenly change it, so a booster is needed to achieve what we currently have, just to please complainers (again). And it is the likely outcome in the end, with the possibility that they cut the base drop in half, let the SP buff work aswell as a booster so all of you get a whooping 3% instead of 2% in the end. Instead of demanding that the drop rate simply gets better without ever needing a booster to improve it.

Those first 45 minutes of an endless sure are fun aslong as my booster work and I definently do not want a flat base increase instead. /s

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Because that would be extra 10 minutes. When I'm in game I do things I need to to, when on forums I discuss. I dont really care wether or not the booster actually works, since I wont use it myself eitherway.

You can't present your uninformed opinion as correct about a state of in-game mechanic that's not proven to be correct in-game. Of course you aren't interested if it works as soon as it turned out you were wrong. Next time better spend 10 minutes of being correct in-game than being wrong on forums for days.

https://streamable.com/5augr2 video without you since you are so terrified of seeing first hand evidence of yourself being wrong.

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And it is the likely outcome in the end, with the possibility that they cut the base drop in half, let the SP buff work aswell as a booster so all of you get a whooping 3% instead of 2% in the end.

Good? This whole mess sets a precedent, and if it's kept as is there will be more of these. Without "complainers" you wouldn't even have official droplist, say thanks to them.

On 2020-07-28 at 8:00 PM, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

I put +200% Status chance into weapon with base 1% SC. Am I dumb or should I blame DE because I don’t know how SC works and weapon doesn’t Proc as I expected? Headlessly buying Blue booster while I don’t know how it works isn’t DE’s problem. As I stated a little bit of self criticism will not harm.

On 2020-07-29 at 7:09 PM, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

I absolutely don’t care if it’s based on datamines (barely) or if it’s as intended or Booster works on Steel Essence, but the base Chance is too low, so the effect is barely visible. It’s there, black on white, preventing players, to headlessly buy it just for Steel Essence because they can’t realize how the Resource Drop Chance Booster works.

It seems you're the one who doesn't realize how a resource drop chance booster (or chance of any sort, really) works. Unlike status chance where you want consistency on an enemy to enemy basis, what you care about with drop chance is the expected average yield from a large quantity of enemies. We literally kill tens of thousands of them in long missions, you know.

Doubling the chance doubles the average value of what you can get, no matter how small the chance is to begin with. Granted, the smaller the chance the bigger the variance, but the more enemies you kill the more it rounds off and gets closer to the average. It might not affect your resource gains as consistently as the resource booster does, but drop chance booster more or less doubles your resource income as well - at least when it comes to things it works on, which isn't the case for Steel Essence.

28 minutes ago, vFlitz said:

It seems you're the one who doesn't realize how a resource drop chance booster (or chance of any sort, really) works. Unlike status chance where you want consistency on an enemy to enemy basis, what you care about with drop chance is the expected average yield from a large quantity of enemies. We literally kill tens of thousands of them in long missions, you know.

Doubling the chance doubles the average value of what you can get, no matter how small the chance is to begin with. Granted, the smaller the chance the bigger the variance, but the more enemies you kill the more it rounds off and gets closer to the average. It might not affect your resource gains as consistently as the resource booster does, but drop chance booster more or less doubles your resource income as well - at least when it comes to things it works on, which isn't the case for Steel Essence.

I’m afraid that You’re also trying to make from trivial mechanic: Doubles the Chance  of resource drops, some kind of rocket science.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

I’m afraid that You’re also trying to make from trivial mechanic: Doubles the Chance  of resource drops, some kind of rocket science.

You are the one who keeps saying that base effect is too low so doubling is not important, while the doubling is just that — doubling, and is always equally important. For analogy think about amount of steel essence being your total damage. Do you not notice when your damage is doubled or not?

1 hour ago, Trvldl said:

You are the one who keeps saying that base effect is too low so doubling is not important, while the doubling is just that — doubling, and is always equally important. For analogy think about amount of steel essence being your total damage. Do you not notice when your damage is doubled or not?

Where are Morphics and Control module drops in your Test?

4 hours ago, Trvldl said:

amount of steel essence being your total damage

2 hours ago, Trvldl said:

double damage done

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

How can You mix Dmg with Chance for Dmg? You can´t be serious.

You are the one mixing them up, I was pretty clear. Not the stat but the damage done.

So you clearly don't notice when your damage is doubled, why do you want to deprive me of the ability to do double damage though? Do your half damage whenever you please, I want an option for double.

Tell me if this analogy is still too much for you.

37 minutes ago, Trvldl said:

Ok, you understand even less than previous guy so I'm done here.

What I should understand? Description is clear and I buy Blue booster when I go to farm Polymers and Spores because Blue booster has highest effect on Common resources, that’s all.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

What I should understand? Description is clear and I buy Blue booster when I go to farm Polymers and Spores because Blue booster has highest effect on Common resources, that’s all.

Kinda wishing I could look up your profile for average cipher time, just to understand you better.

Spend 5 seconds googling, and you'll find out a dataminer has revealed that Steel Essence is explicitly coded to not be affected by ANY drop chance boosters. People suspect this also extends to Steel Path's built in drop chance booster, and the dark sector resource boosters also appear to have no effect on gain rates. 

Don't waste your hard earned or cash bought plat on something that doesn't work, that DE hasn't responded to since its release. It's a scummy thing for them to not at LEAST tell us it's the same deal as the "carbides" drop table already being a 100% chance to roll that table. 

DE, can you make Tennocon a little less spoiled by controversy, by owning up to the mistake, or at least acknowledging it? 

I see. DE is compiling all of these complaints about the resource booster into this specific thread. I guess it'd be a lot harder to actually fix the ethically challenged problem, causing the forums to be flooded by complaints about it, than it must be to quarantine and isolate it to one thread that you hope new players hyped for tennocon will overlook.

Archived