Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Essence Unaffected by Resource Drop Chance Boosters

Voltage

14 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Get a grip. You would think steel essence was some vital part of the game with all of the griping. It's funny how SP has "terrible rewards" yet people are talking about suing over not getting extra steel essence.

This is barely an issue

Consistency is always an issue.

It doesnt matter if Steel Essence is or is not Vital... The Boosters should work on just as much as it should work on Rubedo since they are both classified as Resources.

3 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Get a grip. You would think steel essence was some vital part of the game with all of the griping. It's funny how SP has "terrible rewards" yet people are talking about suing over not getting extra steel essence.

This is barely an issue

Yeah I'm *really* just annoyed as hell that they aren't even *talking* about this at all, despite there being 8 pages of uproar that they're quarantining our criticisms to. It is ABSURD for something labelled and referred to as a RESOURCE to be UNAFFECTED by a RESOURCE booster that people effectively purchase for REAL MONEY, without warning anyone or talking about it at all! When you purchase something, you expect it to work as advertised, applying to drop chances for RESOURCES. We as customers at least deserve them being up front about what it *doesn't* apply to.

Also, additional innate drop chance boosters in the entire game mode doesn't terribly much matter, when things die and drop loot slower.

It's terrible to see that this is still an issue. When steel path came out i went and bought a drop chance booster because I had no idea that a RESOURCE would not be affected by a RESOURCE DROP CHANCE BOOSTER........ I thought for sure that this would have been fixed by the time tennocon came around but nope, nothing has been changed. I love this game, but this is just beyond messed up

Hehe yeah figures I see this four days after buying boosters. I think anyone who has the steel path unlocked and purchased a booster should get some kind of compensation for this lack of information. I dont see this as deception but more of a screw up on their part. DE should've added a small disclaimer when clicking to buy a booster that says something like "will not work on steel path". 

hace 1 hora, (PS4)Madurai-Prime dijo:

You guys got your wish fulfilled.

Now you can spam Steel Path faster to forget about it.

Oh wow, asking for a paid product to work as intended is a wish now? I thought it was called "scam"

Get your petulant attitude to another place, who knows how much money and time people spent EXCLUSIVELY to farm Steel Essence

Have you thought the amount of time and money some people wasted on this? 

1 minute ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Oh wow, asking for a paid product to work as intended is a wish now? I thought it was called "scam"

Get your petulant attitude to another place, who knows how much money and time people spent EXCLUSIVELY to farm Steel Essence

Have you thought the amount of time and money some people wasted on this? 

No, I haven't, because boosters still work outside of essence. Now you probably have more resources to use for the Helminth system. You poor soul.....you should ask support to take those resources back since you didn't ask for them.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

No, I haven't, because boosters still work outside of essence. Now you probably have more resources to use for the Helminth system. You poor soul.....you should ask support to take those resources back since you didn't ask for them.

You're just full of useful insights aren't you. News flash - the Helminth system being set up to eat any and all of our resources? That's for veterans to burn some of the mundane resources we already have tons of, from non-specialty locations/nodes. You know. Like the Star Chart. Where we're going through explicitly for the purpose of gaining Steel Essence. DE's monetization is set up in such a way, that you either spend time, or money, on progressing through the game and obtaining what you want. It's fair and justified for people who are paying DE's salaries, to expect a resource to be affected by resource boosters. As shown by their partial refund of resource drop chance boosters. Unfortunately, that is still a big spit in the face to people who got things like 7 day resource AND resource drop chance boosters. I just honestly kind of find it super scummy of them to not give us back both boosters, equal to the time they spent twiddling their thumbs on whether to reverse this or not. Or at least every day our accounts had either booster active for.

1 minute ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

You're just full of useful insights aren't you. News flash - the Helminth system being set up to eat any and all of our resources? That's for veterans to burn some of the mundane resources we already have tons of, from non-specialty locations/nodes. You know. Like the Star Chart. Where we're going through explicitly for the purpose of gaining Steel Essence. DE's monetization is set up in such a way, that you either spend time, or money, on progressing through the game and obtaining what you want. It's fair and justified for people who are paying DE's salaries, to expect a resource to be affected by resource boosters. As shown by their partial refund of resource drop chance boosters. Unfortunately, that is still a big spit in the face to people who got things like 7 day resource AND resource drop chance boosters. I just honestly kind of find it super scummy of them to not give us back both boosters, equal to the time they spent twiddling their thumbs on whether to reverse this or not. Or at least every day our accounts had either booster active for.

Ok geez yea no problem man I get it. I buy 30 day boosters too. 

I already know how the community feels. Why even bother playing unless you're getting some Kuva. I use and sell rivens so this is only gonna help me. More plat just means more boosters for me

1 minute ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Ok geez yea no problem man I get it. I buy 30 day boosters too. 

I already know how the community feels. Why even bother playing unless you're getting some Kuva. I use and sell rivens so this is only gonna help me. More plat just means more boosters for me

??? What are you even talking about at this point? If you know "the community" feels this way, you know, about how a product ought to function as advertised, then what are you even defending? And where did Kuva come from? The only meaningful ways of getting Kuva aren't affected by drop chance boosters, they're objective rewards that are guaranteed upon success. Rivens and Kuva have nothing to do with the fact that DE let people buy boosters for Steel Path despite them not working on what they were supposed to!

13 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

??? What are you even talking about at this point? If you know "the community" feels this way, you know, about how a product ought to function as advertised, then what are you even defending? And where did Kuva come from? The only meaningful ways of getting Kuva aren't affected by drop chance boosters, they're objective rewards that are guaranteed upon success. Rivens and Kuva have nothing to do with the fact that DE let people buy boosters for Steel Path despite them not working on what they were supposed to!

Oh well I just mean that I'm playing Steel Path for the content (higher enemies), and not rewards. The 10k kuva you can buy with the essence would be the only reason for me to really spend it on. So I have no desire to really "need" anything from Steel Path except fighting the higher level enemies. The kuva is just a cool side-prize if I need it.

I like that they didn't add a bunch of rewards because it would just make people feel like they're forced to play it "only" for rewards.

I had no intention of even farming essence at all. I just wanted to fight higher level enemies. They could have added absolutely nothing. As my reward was the higher level enemies.

hace 59 minutos, Grav_Starstrider dijo:

Thanks for having my back man. I appreciate it.  
This guy is just another White Knight. He will defend any DE's making no matter what as long as it doesn't affect him directly. 

Hell, I wasn't even affected myself, I didn't purchase a Resource Booster, but I stand for all of those who did. 
Gaz was the only partner with the balls to make a video about it, 99% comments of people who spent plat on boosters and didn't know those weren't working
I stand for all of them. I stand for integrity. Jesus, I stand for RULES, for LAW. Charging money for something that doesn't do anything is in the scamming handbook. 
I know this is a freaking game dude, but is a crime nonetheless.

And why do I care so much? Because I love, I LOVE Warframe. Who knows how many people heard about this and quit? Or worse, non players who learnt about it and said
"Hell no, I'm never playing Warframe"

Thats why its serious. Whoever took the brilliant idea to do this (because it WAS intentional) is a greedy bastard who is directly hurting Warframe's growth

I'm currently not spamming Steel Path. Because as it stands, having enemies be far tankier and slower to be killed, while a neat and refreshing game balancing, is a bit antithetical to how the game is a looter shooter, where you want to kill as many enemies as fast as possible, for the greatest chance at getting the loot that you want. My problem is that the normal star chart lets you kill enemies way faster and more casually, making it easier to get loot. I don't find the Steel Path's innate boosters to quite make up the difference. Even if I really enjoy the level of gameplay balance it offers. The game, at it's core, doesn't reward tactical or methodical play, it rewards cheesing and mass-murder-fests. "Steel Path is it's own reward" isn't going to help any players gravitate towards the game mode. And neither did DE making one of their boosters ineffectual. Great that they fixed it now, but without a full compensation for the boosters I intended to use on that gameplay mode, it leaves me and others feeling salty and lied to. Real money goes into this game. That money should do what is advertised. And if it ever doesn't, it should be made up for in full, if not moreso, in order to cancel out the bad taste left in our mouths.

Archived