Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gameplay: New Player Start Up

SinnerOrSaint

Hello I just want to say that I am new to the game and at the same time I already have a level 30 Mag I want to let you know that I do enjoy the game and want to let you know that your doing a great job and to keep it up now I am not going to rage at you or anything like that so relax. I think the 4/4  Resurrections for the warframes to start with could be addressed maybe give them like on the first frame a grace period of so long on their first frame to get them into the game more before they need to think about oh crap I am out of Resurrections and I can't get anymore till tomorrow or spend this plat they gave me to refill but then I think they could spend it on potatoes and other things that can give them a little boost in the beginning instead of the spending on those 4 resurrects. I have seen many new players get truly annoyed by dying in the first mission from just standing still. or not moving now I know that I haven't had a problem with this I was doing voids on the first day and enjoyed it. I think your doing great. I just think the beginning players getting into the game just needs some fine tuning.

I know about pleasing your customer base I am in the IT field. I believe this is one of the best games i have played and alot of its due to you guys your response time is awesome and all I have beta tested others were they neglect players and push it straight to how every they want it and they make the players deal with it so I am sure you are looking  into the beginning area's for new players, just wanted to make sure. Suggestion: add another level in or adapt the lower levels to slowly ease them into the fast speed of the game I know that a friend of mine was having issues with this maybe let them know they can do private games more information in the beginning about using other settings on making private games and invite only that would allow them not to get stuck with someone that is trying to rush through to get mods or crafting items. 

Thank you for the awesome game,

SinnerOrSaint 

Yeah... you should be learning frmo your deaths. The gameplay just IS. you can play the tutorial to remind you of the controls.. but really the only way to get adapted to the fast paced gameplay is to PLAY. sure you might be  slow at the start but you will pick up speed. plus if your allies are out ahead in front killing everything, it means you are just running through the map without the need to point your gun at anything.

I agree with OP.

MwO gives a grace period, your first 20 matches, which helps you earn a bomb of credits and get into the game faster instead of being stuck using trial mechs.

Sure, your mech is trash until you mod it to your favourite playstyle, much like how warframes aren't god-tier until properly modded and min-maxed.

I honestly haven't died to much, I was just suggesting because I have seen and heard from friends and others that they have had a hard time in the beginning I for one haven't, and I love the game. oh MwO... is another story on a side note Destro have you seen the " What does the Mech say?" video its kind of amusing.

Grace period duration: From 0 Mastery EXP until 10,00 Mastery EXP. Basically once you are ELIGIBLE to test, you loose your Grace period... :)

EDIT: From Mastery 1 to being ABLE to take the Mastery 2 Test.

Edited by Lensman