Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rakta Dark Dagger build help

(PSN)Sentiel

Question

Introduction:

This is mainly built for Volt, to make his shields stay up, especially for situations with not enough enemies to use Capacitance properly. Warframe build uses Arcane Avenger and Shock Trooper, which add 45% flat CC and 155% Electric damage to everything. Please keep those in mind.

I'll get into details why certain mods are in place and would love to get your feedback to improve the built further.

The build:

ugaLjC3.jpg

K8bPB20.jpg

Stinging Thorn - It has multiple guaranteed status procs, making it easier to spread status.

Sacrificial Steel - Paired with Arcane Avenger it bring CC to 83,4%. That means nearly all attacks crit. I translate this into a 180% damage increase. Improving on CD or CC further doesn't feel worthwhile.

Killing Blow - There is a guaranteed Slash proc on the Heavy Attack, this makes the attack stronger and have a faster charge up. Paired with Sacrificial Steel, this Slash proc is the main way the weapon kills, but the Slash damage also regenerates shields if the enemy is irradiated.

Primed Fever Strike - It increases damage and provides DoT. While much weaker than Slash, the ticks do help. That said, I mostly use this because it feels a waste not to, so it's the most likely candidate to get replaced.

Riven - The dagger is rather weak so the general damage bonus is welcome. The extra range saves me a slot I'd otherwise use for Primed Reach and it allows me to spread statuses to more enemies with one attack. Combo Efficiency paired with Zenurik allows me to use the aforementioned Heavy Attacks with smaller combo loss, allowing me to keep most of the damage for the next Heavy Attack.

I believe the other mods are self explanatory.

The usage:

With Shock Trooper, Radiation gets a massive buff so it procs very often, even though it's tied with Toxin in the menu.

Still, I use Stahlta and Kuva Nukor or Gaze, meaning the enemies are often already well irradiated before the dagger comes to play.

First few attacks build combo and radiation, followed by Heavy Attack on a enemy with large HP or aim it so the horizontal slash hits as many enemies as possible. This creates DoT regenerating my shields passively, meaning I can switch to a different weapon, use an ability, or retreat and still receive the daggers benefits.

I don't use Gleaming Blight. I'd love to but I can't find a spot for it that wouldn't result in noticeable damage drop. That said, the current 66% SC paired with the guaranteed status proc from Stinging Thorn feel sufficient.

I usually test the weapon on these guys on lvl 165. They're the toughest normal enemies I could think of.

z32ZDZn.jpg

How can this build be further improved with the specific Warframe usage in mind?

4 answers to this question

I think it would be best to split the build a bit for heavier focuses on crit or status, as building for both can complicate your build.

There isn't really a reason to have a heavy attack build on a dagger, due to their low damage. Daggers pair well with finishers, especially with the Rakta Dark Dagger passive "Mind Haze" (When drawn, the Rakta Dark Dagger grants the user "Mind Haze" for 30 seconds, reducing the range where enemies can spot the player by 33%. For example, while undetected a player will normally be spotted from 15 meters away, whereas having Mind Haze will make the enemy spot the player from 10 meters away. - warframe.fandom.com) Additionally, bringing a Bronco with dizzying rounds can achieve finishers incredibly easily.

Radiation isn't really good to build with status, as the effect is pretty bad. In general, it's better for pure crit builds if you're using rad. Yes, there is the shield aspect, but shields aren't very useful in this game, unless you're playing Hildryn, in which case there are far better ways to get shields(e.g. Taxon, Arcanes etc.)

If you have a riven which boosts combo efficiency, it would probably be better to build for crit as well, utilizing Blood rush and the gladiator mod set.

Killing blow is fine, but Covert Lethality(If you have it) would also be good, increasing the finisher DMG as well as giving some extra combo count.

I will venture that your Crit-based build is 'less-than-optimal' for this weapon, which is an incredible status weapon... and you need Gleaming Blight (and status chance) - not just for damage, but also for free shields and free energy.

I can't post my exact builds right now (working, at lunch) but I use the RDD all the time and have 2 very different builds.

For my Caster frames (Volt, Nova, etc.) I use the Gleaming Blight mod, and mod for Status with Drifting Contact, Weeping Wounds, and Conditional Overload. This is the build for anyone who is not Ash. For Caster Frames, Arcane Energize.

For Ash, for Fatal Teleport, he replaces Gleaming Blight with Covert Lethality, and otherwise mods for reach, speed, and max direct damage - not for combos, not for status. This is because I use it for Index runs, and there's not enough enemies to keep combos going. With Covert Lethality and a lot of direct damage you will Fatal Teleport everyone in at least the first few cycles of Medium, which is how I farm Index, generally it will instant-kill most enemies to a pretty high level.  For Ash, Arcane Ultimatum is quite the thing.

G'Luck! :redveil:

The build I have on RDD is Blood Rush, Weeping Wounds, Primed Fever Strike, Primed Reach, Vicious Frost, Berserker, Condition Overload and an attack speed/range/- riven. 

I don't bother with heavy attacks. Just build for as much speed, range and status as I can. I normally run Kuva Nukor with mag/rad/cor/heat and prime with that. 

I've pretty much stopped using RDD since they changed it so that you need to have shields to regen shields. Not much use for over shields when +1 shield will tank an infinite amount of damage. 

If your going for just heavy spam, I would replace PPP with either speed, or an initial combo mod.

If you going to use regular attacks.

You might want to fit on viral and go for either Blood_Rush, or Weeping_Wounds.

As other's have said, the augment can also be useful.

Archived