Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Need rework on his 1 abilities

ChaoticEdge

well we have a trailer with nekros's 1 ability

yet the ability we have in the game just ragdoll something like this

Spoiler

HS54.gif

and I think DE should put him on the list of rework as well not 1st but more likely his 1 ability just absolutely sux and no one press it unless they want to do a joking around with it.

At the time being the trailer show his 1 ability just possess an enemy and created an army of undead for it seem like personally to say copy of "Nyx's ability" but seeing this just want make me laugh about the ragdoll for I just wanted have a small refix or rework for this is sad and he is next to the clown show guy.  For I wonder can we do body possess and do something similar like nyx and rev but little different so I want something change with his 1 because it is too extremely silly and rubbish skill tree.

4 hours ago, MBaldelli said:

Players use his 1 ability besides for this?

latest?cb=20180329122627

I use it but never actual have fun with it for the truth.  I only do it to the noobs only and it still back fired on me with the energy consumption but for the truth I think the mod should of been his actual ability instead of his rag doll because I prefer this ability more over with his rag doll attack for want me laugh so hard why didn't the dev kept this into his ability instead of ragdoll so much enemies but I think they need work on both.

6 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

I mean the occasional air cast soul space program is kinda fun.

But as an ability it is sorely overdue for modernizing with today's Warframe.

oh right forgot quote you, anyway, sure it is fun and all but no more just like how vauban's joke bounce was for enough with the joke I want not the jokes but how Nekros pose to be, even his Soul Survivor mod is need change as well because no one want a stupid soul punch that rag doll enemies only for require better then that.  Prefer kill the enemy and actually making an army without the rag doll effect.

As for the time for discussion I recommended that nekros get rework his 1 for sure and probably add something to his passive so that he doesn't be meme of a farmer character and able have his own back support to do so on himself.

A. Soul Reaping, and Tormentor (I am also renaming soul punch for better to make it nicer name instead of full of meme again)

- Passive: Soul Reapingr collect essence from the fallen enemies (essence can be vacuum) to increase durability and strength (only stack up to 10) and each these soul collected will be used once cast on using 4th abilities, Soul collector still can increase chance of enemies dropping health still

- 1st ability: Tormentor, a single target of enemy does almost like soul punch but without the ragdoll for animation will be copy of enemy being shocked.  Tormentor provided if success killing enemy with it for has a chance of turning enemy into undead ally (depending on duration skill and yes soul collector ability does help but cost of 1 essence to increase the duration and strength)

B. Soul Blossom, and Accursed Touch

- Passive: Soul Blossom pop out essence for nekros or teammate to consumed like health orb and bonus of reduction of energy cost once touching the essence

- 1st ability: Accursed Touch has ability to debuff an enemy of the attack and cause group debuffing in attack and speed if the one enemy is hit by accursed touch (no ragdoll please) for require to be killed to cause an AoE debuff the enemy's group.

That is about it. what I got out my bottom.

4 hours ago, Reican said:

I find it fun to just falcon punch people from a distance. Gives a Force Push vibe to it.

3 hours ago, MasterBurik said:

I'd just like it to deal True damage. He's supposedly punching their soul after all, so it should be bypassing armor.

So no one think that Soul punch is usless just there as meme just like Vauban's bounce for what is the reason why did they put it in the game?

tenor.gif

I am slowly having flash back with nearly all the frame that needed the rework during that time and how much ppl denied of the rework again.

24 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

So no one think that Soul punch is usless just there as meme just like Vauban's bounce for what is the reason why did they put it in the game?

tenor.gif

I am slowly having flash back with nearly all the frame that needed the rework during that time and how much ppl denied of the rework again.

Could it use some synergy with the rest of his kit? Yes. For example: Soul punching an enemy could amplify the power of nearby summoned shadows (drawing it from the "ejected" soul).

Is it useless? No. Soul Punch is effective CC for priority targets or clusters (better if done from above). With adequate power strength and the augment, it is also a pretty good revive/heal.

Like many abilities, though, the damage it does is pointless. Making it True damage fits the concept, and damage "rebalancing" of such a change DE requires them to review the mechanics of enemy fall/obstacle slam damage that certain abilities were set up to take advantage of (such as Nekros' Soul Punch, Frost's Snow Globe's push, and Vauban's Vector Pads).

Lead them to the larger problem by feeding them a few appetizers. Treating Soul Punch like it exists within a closed system (or converting it into one) reduces the value of another mechanic that may soon be nothing more than a section of pointless code.

8 hours ago, MasterBurik said:

Vauban's bounce

From the age before bulletjump and endless wallrunning up. From when you needed skills to climb to get to spots like the treasure room in the large orokin elevator hall with the turbines and power conduits. It was more parkour then rather than aim, crouch, jump.

22 minutes ago, FoxFX said:

Nekros' gimmick is using the dead. What if Soul Punch had an effect that could instant kill enemies and separates their bodies if they are low in health?

it still can but pretty much it ragdoll.  Just increase the strength to deal with low lvl enemies because the base dmg will increase by strength for this is waste because no one want spam 1 unless they are doing $##! and giggles which I done that before so many time with another build calling it the $##! and giggles then my meme died faster then the speed of light.

7 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

it still can but pretty much it ragdoll.  Just increase the strength to deal with low lvl enemies because the base dmg will increase by strength for this is waste because no one want spam 1 unless they are doing $##! and giggles which I done that before so many time with another build calling it the $##! and giggles then my meme died faster then the speed of light.

I'm saying give Soul Punch a similar instant kill gimmick like Garuda's 1st ability. It could be redesigned to do that but also offer something else if it successfully instant kills.

8 hours ago, ZarTham said:

Ah, reminds me of Wukong's Iron Jab, just useless.

Now that was one the reason why I have a terrible flashback about it because players don't want to change it because they love being the immortal wukong that never dies.

10 hours ago, Prexades said:

What if Soul Punch would give Nekros shadows a short but powerful damage buff?

I would like to but you know it be like the other frame that can do nuke dmg but on 1 enemy...

removing an Enemy from the current Zipcode is a useful feature to have. but yes, Soul Punch should have more features than just that.

9 hours ago, ZarTham said:

Ah, reminds me of Wukong's Iron Jab, just useless.

while the generally single target Damage that Iron Jab offered was not something Players generally needed in the game, it did still offer some pretty solid Damage - my main complaint was that it didn't hit Enemies in a Cylinder shape but rather that small Explosion at the impact point. a Cylinder would have made it a lot more useful of an Ability (sans the legitimately cool Augment).

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

while the generally single target Damage that Iron Jab offered was not something Players generally needed in the game, it did still offer some pretty solid Damage - my main complaint was that it didn't hit Enemies in a Cylinder shape but rather that small Explosion at the impact point. a Cylinder would have made it a lot more useful of an Ability (sans the legitimately cool Augment).

Oh god, please don't even say such a thing, clearly you haven't used Wukong as much as I did.

Another possible change for Soul Punch could be to change it to "Soul Steal."

Give it the ability to while single targeting an enemy, buff Nekros with Faction Damage of the enemy's faction so it can gain an edge in killing enemies. Nekros' main gimmick is using the dead to his advantage. Giving him some special means to kill enemies for his corpse abilities Desecrate and Shadows of the Dead seems like the most practical way to design his 1st ability.

21 hours ago, FoxFX said:

I'm saying give Soul Punch a similar instant kill gimmick like Garuda's 1st ability. It could be redesigned to do that but also offer something else if it successfully instant kills.

Flip that, instead of the worthless/actually hindering execute give it the % damage.
Doing circa 5~10% enemy max hp as slash damage (or any damage type with 100% gore chance) with a minimum of current 500 (scaling with +/- power strength choices, probably the % too if its on the 5~7% side; or a MasterBurik noted, just turn it into true damage) and tooltip explaining that your elevation and impact of yeeted soul determine if the target gets knocked down or set into the stratosphere. Possibly hitting weakspots would be good if you aimed it instead of always being body centered. That way it would fill his gap by serving as single target scaling damage (ontop of solo cc) with 2 being aoe cc, 3 resource management and 4 the distraction/tanking.

Its ok enough cc and energy dump which is good for every equilibrium setup and till DE buff Creeping Terrify to where it was (giving condition duration or making it convert armor strip into a universal damage buff or something akin) its also the only way to do so without annoying allies.

9 hours ago, FoxFX said:

Another possible change for Soul Punch could be to change it to "Soul Steal."

Give it the ability to while single targeting an enemy, buff Nekros with Faction Damage of the enemy's faction so it can gain an edge in killing enemies. Nekros' main gimmick is using the dead to his advantage. Giving him some special means to kill enemies for his corpse abilities Desecrate and Shadows of the Dead seems like the most practical way to design his 1st ability.

a warframe that do bane mods?  Hmmm I think I would vote for that too.

Archived