Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Behold! Umbra Mesa Prime!

On 2020-07-22 at 7:16 PM, Vespilan said:

Can we get an F for a gamer who used two umbral forma on a frame that underperforms in Steel Path

On 2020-07-23 at 2:55 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

Hahaha ,

Mesa in steel path.

Assuming this is a joke post.

On 2020-07-25 at 5:37 PM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Btw @(XB1)YoungGunn82 I'm looking forward to hearing how your build goes against Lua mobile defense and Ropalolyst in Steel Path. Assuming you solo it of course. 

First Solo Def in the Void Steel Path. Have to make the long circle to get to the other sections of the void. I’ll update this thread when I get there. 

On 2020-07-22 at 8:42 PM, MPonder said:

1- No efficiency seems bad for me, how efficient is that for without Stream/Fleeting.
2- Gratz for not using Hornet on Mesa, don't scale pretty well with her, but why Viral and why 2 60/60???

he does have high Duration to be fair, not default Peacemaker Drain but definitely not the lowest certainly.
Viral Status is pretty appealing nowadays, though i'd also have Primed Heated Charge paired with it myself.

On 2020-07-23 at 8:29 AM, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

2. more status because using faction damage mods? Faction damage mods triple dip in damage and status. 

if you're referring to Slash Status, then you may get some pretty alright results from it, though my tab on Mesa that's for Slash Status was always just for memes, of pure Fire Rate, Slash Mod, and Status Chance - it was like 1000ish/Tick, with Primed Anti-Faction it'd be around 2400/Tick which is decent i guess, but i have doubts that it's relevant compared to having Elemental Damage and such.
stacking Viral Status helps ofcourse, but it applies to the Elemental Damage just the same so eh, not sure.

On 2020-07-25 at 5:06 PM, WH1735S0W said:

I mostly use antimatter drop and molecular prime, which fits my playstyle. Hence the large amount of power strength.

On 2020-07-30 at 10:15 PM, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Anti Matter. Not that hard to figure out.

for posterity, Antimatter Drop doesn't scale with Mods at all. contrary to what the game may suggest at any point in time. the Base Damage of it being ofcourse an irrelevant value and may as well not exist anyways.

On 2020-07-31 at 11:34 AM, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

And 220% Vitality and 55% Tau resistance (whatever tau resistance means) I was running Prime Vigor but Umbra fiber gives me more bang for my buck.

i haven't run any numbers just now, but Primed Vigor is probably pretty competitive vs going from 2/3 to 3/3 Umbral on Mesa, due to Shatter Shield and such. i'd call it pros and cons.

and Tau Resistance is resistance to Tau Damage - the Damage Type that Sentients primarily do (though they also sometimes hit us with Electricity and Et Cetera).
useful vs Sentients, but doesn't do anything anywhere else.

50 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

That's the teshub one?

Hmm so you made it to phobos with Mesa solo? 

Is it performing as you expected it to? 

Yes 

Yes, she shreds corpus. Nox are a bit of a pain till she hits max focus. 

No, she was terrible in the emissary assination. Just awful. Had to pull out my 320% PS Rhino. That dude would one hit me and I just wasn’t doing enough damage with Mesa. So far tho that really is the only enemy she really struggled against. 

that said I finished Lua, Earth, and Derelict. Probably only gonna get through the Void and Venus grab the Teshin chest and call it a day. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Gotcha. I’ll do it tonight and post for you. You wanna see how she does against those sentients?

Indeed I do. It was mainly the fact they nuke the console pretty quick and lockdown doesn't really work on them so I resorted to bringing Exodia Contagion with me or Reaving them with Revenant to remove them fast. Not sure if shooting gallery works on a sentient but would be great if it does.

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

for posterity, Antimatter Drop doesn't scale with Mods at all. contrary to what the game may suggest at any point in time. the Base Damage of it being ofcourse an irrelevant value and may as well not exist.

I think he just wanted to look clever and insinuate I had no idea. Not wise to try school a nova main about nova lol 😄

5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Indeed I do.

So Sentients will shred the MD console. That said once all the grineer are gone, they stay gone till both Sentients are dead. When Sentients appear make sure you are at least 50m from the console. Focus on killing the grinneer, then focus on kill them one at a time. 

(vs 130 Steel Path Sentients) 
I took as many vids as I could throughout the mission. Killing enemies I didn’t need to kill so you could get the full effect of this PM build. That said I most likely could have killled those Sentients faster with my redeemer. 🤷‍♀️

(vs 125-130 Steel Path Grineer)

(vs 125 Steel Path heavy gunner)

During the Lua MD the real threat were the Eximus enemies. No energy = immediate death.  So I was always was on the look out for those suckers. That made it fun, because those suckers are a threat in this mode. 

9 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Snip

Awww.. now see I wanted you to try and kill the sentients WHILE defending the console 😄 Now that is some fun to attempt lol.
Not wrong they shred it, Exodia contagion dealt with them until I discovered Revenant's reave can 3 shot them. Honestly I used a bunch of different frames on the Steel Path until I just started one shotting everything with my melee and stopped caring about frame choice lol, I used a Speed Nova for most missions including defense just to hurry things up. 

16 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Yes 

Yes, she shreds corpus. Nox are a bit of a pain till she hits max focus. 

No, she was terrible in the emissary assination. Just awful. Had to pull out my 320% PS Rhino. That dude would one hit me and I just wasn’t doing enough damage with Mesa. So far tho that really is the only enemy she really struggled against. 

that said I finished Lua, Earth, and Derelict. Probably only gonna get through the Void and Venus grab the Teshin chest and call it a day. 

Then You should be fine till saturn I think, 

Hijack is what I had problems with when i was completing the chart with Vauban (had to use a different build in the end) .

I am surprised that was not a challenge solo for you, or have you not done those? 

45 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

am surprised that was not a challenge solo for you, or have you not done those? 

Haven’t done those. I’ve just taken the shortest path to complete Lua, Earth(cause Cetus) Derelict, Venus (cause Fortuna) and the Void. Farmed a bunch of essence for the female curasis. Hopefully the infested open area Deimos will have a steel path trophy too? 🤞🏻And I’ll do it. The other planet trophy’s don’t really interest me. Call it done. 

Archived