Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel missions are stupid

Ramxenoc

1 hour ago, Ramxenoc said:

grendel isn't worth the trouble it is to get

Funny thought on this: If every frame is supposed to be balanced and not be "better" than others but instead offer alternative ways to play, then theoretically all of them should be worth about the same amount of grind.

Of course we know this doesn't happen, but think about that when DE changes, better or worse, a frame that may or not be hard to farm, and how the farming methods of a frame are hardly ever changed regardless of a frame becoming meta or becoming trash.

Which means that acquisition methods almost never go hand in hand with a frame's true worth, with the criteria being almost random. Sadly.

32 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Well Warframe's forums aren't entirely exempt from the "git gud" crowd, but we do at least have some people who try.

On-topic: I have not done the Grendel missions, but from what I've gathered most people agree that it isn't really a skill check so much as a cheese check.

But I'd rather deal with something like Grendel than the mess of RNG spam that is Fortuna for Hildryn and Baruuk, I STILL don't have the Systems I need to get to the rank where standing can buy Systems so I have no choice but to blindly spam the short one over and over.

that's what i was doing myself and i haven't run into them yet so hoping to keep it that way

36 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Well Warframe's forums aren't entirely exempt from the "git gud" crowd, but we do at least have some people who try.

On-topic: I have not done the Grendel missions, but from what I've gathered most people agree that it isn't really a skill check so much as a cheese check.

But I'd rather deal with something like Grendel than the mess of RNG spam that is Fortuna for Hildryn and Baruuk, I STILL don't have the Systems I need to get to the rank where standing can buy Systems so I have no choice but to blindly spam the short one over and over.

If you want standing aside from doing PT runs, you can also just take a Khora to spaceport and farm toroids by letting the beacon level rise to 4 and killing all the spawns with your snare up.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Funny thought on this: If every frame is supposed to be balanced and not be "better" than others but instead offer alternative ways to play, then theoretically all of them should be worth about the same amount of grind.

Of course we know this doesn't happen, but think about that when DE changes, better or worse, a frame that may or not be hard to farm, and how the farming methods of a frame are hardly ever changed regardless of a frame becoming meta or becoming trash.

Which means that acquisition methods almost never go hand in hand with a frame's true worth, with the criteria being almost random. Sadly.

just make it fun or make it a story quest that isn't removing my mods is all i ask. 

49 minutes ago, Ramxenoc said:

I AGREE, but im enjoying that people are giving suggestions instead of insulting me like a lot of other game forums do.

That's one thing I really like about the Warframe community. 

Even if someone is telling you to essentially "git gud" they usually at least have the decency to offer a build and tell you how they did it/why they think it's easy for them. And most people are genuinely trying to be helpful, and not just telling you need to "get better", rather most know there isn't THAT much skill in Warframe, and just see it as a problem of choosing the right frame or strategy. They see the fact the mission is bothering you as a problem that needs a solution, and not just a thing to vent about (even if that's really your only intention here, and understandable btw), and truly just want to help. 

41 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

If you want standing aside from doing PT runs, you can also just take a Khora to spaceport and farm toroids by letting the beacon level rise to 4 and killing all the spawns with your snare up.

It's not the standing, I'm stuck at that weird spot where I need 10 Atmo Systems but can't get the blasted things to drop.

I actually likely have enough Toroids from Exploiter to ram my standing to rank 5 at the moment, its just those Atmos that won't drop even after what feels like hundreds of runs.

15 minutes ago, Aldain said:

It's not the standing, I'm stuck at that weird spot where I need 10 Atmo Systems but can't get the blasted things to drop.

I actually likely have enough Toroids from Exploiter to ram my standing to rank 5 at the moment, its just those Atmos that won't drop even after what feels like hundreds of runs.

Oh that, yeh that's friggin annoying, I remember grinding it out on the first dsy before they increased the drops lol, not fun.. I assume you're just spamming the 2nd mission then? Takes about 2 -2.5 mins per run. I remember having to spam it to get Sabot rounds when it was introduced.

hace 3 horas, Ramxenoc dijo:

From what I've gathered from videos is that grendel isn't worth the trouble it is to get and trying to get him has ruined my mood for the day. Nobody in recruiting wants to help do this S#&$ and i don't blame them. The no mods thing is ridiculously anti-fun considering this game is based around mods and being a powerful space ninja. So mad i don't even remember what i wanted to say other than to come here just to be mad. This was in my opinion the dumbest way to release a warframe especially considering months down the line when all the players that got him or decided he wasn't worth wouldn't be doing these missions anymore. Trying to do it solo seems near impossible companions are useless and a lot of weapons are probably useless in this. Maybe im wrong about the weapons thing but this is complete garbage in my eyes.

Learn to play and problem solve ... all mision can be done solo .

1 minute ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Learn to play and problem solve ... all mision can be done solo .

Firstly its a game and its meant to be fun they continue to pull S#&$ like this in the future more content will go unplayed and or flop. A lot of the people agree he isnt worth this trouble already so when a newer player asks about it the answer will be don't bother and its content that goes unappreciated. Some of the same reason nobody played railjack and they got a ton of S#&$. It was too grindy to get and it was broken so not even worth the time or effort. Second Warframe is not a problem solving game. Its a ninja space looter shooter if i wanna go play problem solving games i can play legend of zelda and other games that are much more fun with "problem solving". But I'm trying to manage resources better on this dumb S#&$ because i got down to two minutes left. Also i primarily play this solo so that last part. Very unneeded i know.

24 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I assume you're just spamming the 2nd mission then? Takes about 2 -2.5 mins per run.

Yep, it just keeps giving me relics, I think I had 46 of one of the Liths before the last Vaulting, that made me basically rage quit it.

I actually got a Repeller systems drop before I got a single Atmo one, there's a good reason why Baruuk is alongside Harrow in the "only frames I bought on discount" club.

7 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Yep, it just keeps giving me relics, I think I had 46 of one of the Liths before the last Vaulting, that made me basically rage quit it.

I actually got a Repeller systems drop before I got a single Atmo one, there's a good reason why Baruuk is alongside Harrow in the "only frames I bought on discount" club.

Ouch, feels bad man, I remember doing about 50 runs with Nova to get Sabot rounds so I feel your pain 😞

I personally dont like grendel all that much , he is in my opinion in the same place as Atlas ,

Gimmicky and sometimes fun , but outclassed in most scenarios.

Also having abilities depend on external factors is not something i enjoy.

The missions themselves i enjoyed cause it made you think what frames and weapons can work without mods and how.

Just in case you dont now , augments work, so a fully augmented saryn can be lethal but not the same as in regular gameplay.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Ouch, feels bad man, I remember doing about 50 runs with Nova to get Sabot rounds so I feel your pain 😞

The sad part is I think I spent more time loading the mission than actually playing it.

I hate Toroid farming too, but I'd rather farm 3 times more than what's currently needed instead of deal with end-of-mission hell.

...However I realize this conversation is getting a bit off topic so I'll end my venting here.

Just now, Aldain said:

The sad part is I think I spent more time loading the mission than actually playing it.

I hate Toroid farming too, but I'd rather farm 3 times more than what's currently needed instead of deal with end-of-mission hell.

...However I realize this conversation is getting a bit off topic so I'll end my venting here.

Haha, get off Switch my man and I'll gladly help you out 😄

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Haha, get off Switch my man and I'll gladly help you out 😄

If DE ever allows reverse account migration/cross progression and I'd take you up on that offer so fast it would make your head spin.

13 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I personally dont like grendel all that much , he is in my opinion in the same place as Atlas ,

Gimmicky and sometimes fun , but outclassed in most scenarios.

Also having abilities depend on external factors is not something i enjoy.

The missions themselves i enjoyed cause it made you think what frames and weapons can work without mods and how.

Just in case you dont now , augments work, so a fully augmented saryn can be lethal but not the same as in regular gameplay.

I know though the only ones i have are for my favs khora and nekros but i did get two or three for hydroid. I've given up. Tried the revanent + broken scepter combo and got down to two minutes and lost because of lack of life support drops and gave up because i was only getting him for the collecting purpose but many have said he isnt worth and i'm tired of trying especially because im only on the survival part and i can only imagine what im in for on that defense part. So imma pass once he gets a prime i'll get that instead. 

Archived