Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel missions are stupid

Ramxenoc

Il y a 7 heures, Ramxenoc a dit :

Do you think grendel is worth the trouble and do you use him often? I've only seen negatives on why he isn't worth the trouble or even worth having because other frames give more or better buffs for less. Als thinking outside the box isnt what makes warframe fun. The frames and the weapons and abilities is what makes it fun. You enjoyed it and thats good. I do not and i imagine a lot of other people didn't. But i could be a minority

If you are going to do steel path, Grendel is one of the best warframes to use, along with Nyx, Garuda, Revenant, and Titania (I've heard Saryn keeps up, but not Mesa).

The survival missions can be easily "cheesed" with octavia's mallet and camping on one spot. For companions, I use a Moa with a helstrum and whiplash mine.

For defense, many people used Vauban and Hildryn. However, I suggest you to try Nyx. Personally though, I got in a 2 man squad with Trin and Octavia (me) 

Basically, using warframes that gets stronger the higher the enemy tanky-ness get. Its a CC meta pretty much.

Those 3 missions are easily the least fun i've ever had in this game. It's not that they are hard, it's that all gear sucks and that I enjoy the modding system a lot. The novelty of not having mods wears off extremely quickly but all three mission together will still take you just under an hour in the best case.

It just shows how extremely bad energy economy is before void dash.

8 hours ago, Ramxenoc said:

From what I've gathered from videos is that grendel isn't worth the trouble it is to get and trying to get him has ruined my mood for the day.

Pretty Much...

I myself literally gave up on the 3rd Mission... unfortunately my friend wouldnt take no for an answer so he forced me to finish that mission.

So i have Grendel... and Im still Salty about it... Thank You Digital Extremes.

7 hours ago, Ramxenoc said:

i'm not buying him regardless. I have 2k plat he isn't worth it im not buying him..i did the grind for harrow though the spy mission is what took me so long.

I love Spy Missions... farming Harrow Neuroptics was fun for me...

Farming Harrow Systems is a different story all together:

06c.gif

Do you think grendel is worth the trouble and do you use him often? I've only seen negatives on why he isn't worth the trouble or even worth having because other frames give more or better buffs for less. Als thinking outside the box isnt what makes warframe fun. The frames and the weapons and abilities is what makes it fun. You enjoyed it and thats good. I do not and i imagine a lot of other people didn't. But i could be a minority

Grendel literally only has Eating Enemies and Meat Ball going for him... and those things are fun... but are they worth it ? Thats not a call i can make for anyone. All i can say it was fun Swallowing a Nox whole a few times but i stopped using him after that.

7 hours ago, Cptcurdles said:

hildryn + wolf sledge run around heavy slam attacking everything, i solo`d all of the missions this way, defense however was a massive pain but doable

Defense was what Broke me... Survival and Excavation were basically easy... after all if you drop and run you can get a guaranteed 10 Cryotic from Every Excavator. 

I AGREE, but im enjoying that people are giving suggestions instead of insulting me like a lot of other game forums do.

Thats the best aspect of this Community. We dont put each other down... well... some of us dont.

Even our community has its bad eggs.

6 hours ago, Aldain said:

But I'd rather deal with something like Grendel than the mess of RNG spam that is Fortuna for Hildryn and Baruuk, I STILL don't have the Systems I need to get to the rank where standing can buy Systems so I have no choice but to blindly spam the short one over and over

This. 

Thats why i like quests like the Limbo Theorum since you get the entire Warframe Blueprints all from the quest.

The RNG grind can be brutal enough to make farming Grendel Seem appealing but as long as The Limbo Theorum exists then i can never ever feel that way about Grendel.

However... this is an Archwing Quest so I totally understand if anyone disagrees.

10 hours ago, Ramxenoc said:

From what I've gathered from videos is that grendel isn't worth the trouble it is to get and trying to get him has ruined my mood for the day.

You ever heard that fable about the fox and the grapes, Tenno? Don't be the fox. Come to think of it, don't be the grapes either, but I mean all they did was just hang around. I don't know. Whatever, fables are hard. You get what I mean. 

And people are trying to give you advice but remember that many of us have been here for a while. Many of us tend to have multiple forma in our gear, along with the ridiculously powerful mods that need it. So if you try the suggestions and it's not working out for you, you might want to ask what builds are being used. 

But most of all, don't tie your enjoyment to what others are saying. Try it out, see for yourself, and then decide if it's for you. 

Good luck. 

I agree that the difficulty level is not congruent with the effectiveness of Grendel, but I won't say the missions are stupid. I kinda enjoyed figuring out which was the most effective build for each mission. I used a tanky frame and ran around slamming everything and Khora for the defense. The feel was different from the usual high level enemies that 1 shot you in endless missions. It was challenging and time consuming to get the parts, but at least it wasn't repetitive and random like an RNG drop, you get the part at the end. I hope we get more modes like this tbh. 

I would suggest you recruit a group to do it as its a bit more fun with at least one more person. I found it hard to get 4 so i ended up duoing it no problem. 

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I love Spy Missions... farming Harrow Neuroptics was fun for me...

I abhor spy missions. Especially the underwater ones. Literally the only spy mission I can close my eyes and do is the fortress thanks to the years it took for me for harrow. 

1 minute ago, -Sandman said:

I abhor spy missions. Especially the underwater ones. Literally the only spy mission I can close my eyes and do is the fortress thanks to the years it took for me for harrow. 

I really dont understand the hate for Spy Missions...

They are 100% Objective Focused... can be speed run without requiring you to kill anything. 

Whenever a Spy Tile Gets Reworked i learn the shortcuts with Ivara and then I can speed run it with Any Warframe after that. Although... some are naturally too compmicated for that Strategy like the 3rd Lua Spy Vault...i had to Youtube That One.

Not skillful enough to bring some teammates and come up with a set up of warframes and abilities that would cheese de f*ck of those "supposed to be challenging missions" stop complaining and go create a solution not just moan about it

7 minutes ago, FaridRLz said:

Not skillful enough to bring some teammates and come up with a set up of warframes and abilities that would cheese de f*ck of those "supposed to be challenging missions" stop complaining and go create a solution not just moan about it

No Thank You.... Im going to keep complaining if thats Cool with you. 🙂

I did all missions in a row with inexperienced teammates, also the excavation in solo.
Builds:

Solo excavation: Revenant, Simulor Synoid, Sonicor, Paracesis

Survival and Defense: Wisp, Trinity, Nidus, Octavia
Weapons: Simulor Synoid, Heavy Swords and Hammers.

Go finish getting most or all of the other Warframes.  By the time you do that, the Grendle missions are not a problem. I just got all his pieces, first play-through, one evening. And he is the 4th from last Frame that I needed until I have all the frames. I wasn't even planning on getting him that evening... I just threw up an invite in recruiting like I did a half-dozen other times, and that time I had 2 other people bite.  The 3 of us knocked it out no problem. I took Trinity. Someone else took Wisp. I think we had a Mesa, too.

Then it took me a month to gather the animal parts I needed to build him.

Completely agree that these missions were stressful and utterly unfun, no idea where DE was in the head creating them

That being said Revenant is the one warframe i was able to get through them with, his first ability keeps him alive by giving the enemies a bunch of distractions and his 4 deals surprisingly high damage even without mods

Archived