Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is your favorite and least favorite tile-set?

And why?

My favorite is a tie between the Void and Lua. I just love the design of Orokin architecture anyway, and I've got a soft spot for ridiculously high ceilings. The Void I love for its aesthetics. Something about the idea of these massive towers floating all alone in an alternate dimension, abandoned for centuries yet completely pristine, inhabited only by the automated defense systems and their occasional victims, really appeals to me. It's like the plot of a really good episode of Star Trek. And the lighting in certain rooms gives me such a feeling of nostalgia for a certain memory of my grandparents' house from my childhood, like a perpetual sunset. But functionally Lua is by far my favorite. I love how interactive it is. It was such a joy to figure out all the Halls of Ascension. And puzzling out all the many ways to run the spy vaults was some of the most fun I've had in Warframe.

As for least favorite, I can't stand the Kuva Fortress. It's such a tangled mess of broken pathways. Fluidity of movement is part of what makes Warframe so much fun and makes it stand out from other games. Kuva Fortress does everything it can to slow you down. And I just dislike the fact that you can't destroy the security systems, so you will be constantly setting off the alarms and activating turrets. As an aside, I think Europa is visually interesting, but functionally it's way too cramped.

I also really like Orokin architecture & agree with you on everything else. Though i have to say i love the Earth jungle... it always makes me feel like there's more hidden creatures out there, more ruined places to discover, like i'm seeing a small piece of a huge world and not just a game map. Ultimately, those early game jungle levels never really open up to different areas with different creatures, but... maybe one day the developers will build upon the forests of Earth?

23 minutes ago, YuriNikolai said:

I also really like Orokin architecture & agree with you on everything else. Though i have to say i love the Earth jungle... it always makes me feel like there's more hidden creatures out there, more ruined places to discover, like i'm seeing a small piece of a huge world and not just a game map. Ultimately, those early game jungle levels never really open up to different areas with different creatures, but... maybe one day the developers will build upon the forests of Earth?

yeah that massive trees and caves filled with roots and wreckages is quite a unique atmosferc makes you wander why they didn't added on the plains of eidolon 

51 minutes ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

And why?

My favorite is a tie between the Void and Lua. I just love the design of Orokin architecture anyway, and I've got a soft spot for ridiculously high ceilings. The Void I love for its aesthetics. Something about the idea of these massive towers floating all alone in an alternate dimension, abandoned for centuries yet completely pristine, inhabited only by the automated defense systems and their occasional victims, really appeals to me. It's like the plot of a really good episode of Star Trek. And the lighting in certain rooms gives me such a feeling of nostalgia for a certain memory of my grandparents' house from my childhood, like a perpetual sunset. But functionally Lua is by far my favorite. I love how interactive it is. It was such a joy to figure out all the Halls of Ascension. And puzzling out all the many ways to run the spy vaults was some of the most fun I've had in Warframe.

As for least favorite, I can't stand the Kuva Fortress. It's such a tangled mess of broken pathways. Fluidity of movement is part of what makes Warframe so much fun and makes it stand out from other games. Kuva Fortress does everything it can to slow you down. And I just dislike the fact that you can't destroy the security systems, so you will be constantly setting off the alarms and activating turrets. As an aside, I think Europa is visually interesting, but functionally it's way too cramped.

the kuva fortress unce you know the rooms turns into one of the easiest to navigate as theres aways a hidden path to pass the security 

I'd have to say, void towers as a favourite just because, I so often get to play in grungy grineer industrial levels, or iLevels all clean lines and corpus holograms, or meat-moss mazes of the infested, but so rarely get to do so in soaring palaces of white and gold.

Least favourite? was until fairly recently infested derelict, too twisty and gribbly hard to navigate from mini map. But the cloud city is a total pain I'm not great at parkour, the huge unsupported jumps bring out my fear of falling, the knowledge that i have to make it first time or fall behind and that people are watching me just gives me the wiffs.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but my favorite is Uranus. I spent a lot of time there grinding for the last Ivara parts and the aesthetic of the rusted seabase built into wet rock and coral is so cool to me, let alone the glimpses out into the phosphorescent depths of the ocean. The sharkwing segments aren't the best, but the design is still great through there.

Earth is also a close second, I love the ancient bases being taken back by nature.

Least favorite is probably Europa. Navigation just sucks through there, either going through broken ships or traps that are just white on white. It doesn't even have any unique spy vaults.

Favorite is Jupiter, actually makes us use parkour. Possible parkour based combat and also, secret rooms!
(Also, Ordis does mission direction on the sabotage mission instead of lotus, making it the best mission in the game)

Least favorite: Europa. If you are not getting stuck on the weird clippings within corridors, then you are getting blinded by the white ice outside, that happens to be more reflective than my mirror.

Excluding open worlds, 

The void is lovely to traverse and look at, 

Eris (or infested tileset in general) is too "weird S#&$s in the way" to enjoy the bio horror theme and I dislike it. 

I was looking forward to the dark sectors of the newly remastered corpus ships but it's just the ship with the infested enemy. The ships itself looks the same. 

The recent jupiter and corpus ship tileset are great too. 

Fave: New corpus ships. No more broken glass forcing me to drop what I'm doing to hack a console to lower the shutters.

Hate: Eris. In a game that offers you all sorts of acrobatics and unique forms of travel it's completely ass-backwards to have a tileset that restricts that movement as much as possible. I love the infested aesthetic but it's wasted on all these lousy cramped hallways.

Favorite:

I really like some of the Grineer asteroid barracks, they just add a nice little touch of "lived in" charm to the game.

Least favorite:

that one lua tile where the room is split with the 2nd floor below and the the phase ghosts wondering around the upper navigable area, distracting the hellish purgatory below. Extra pox if it's an exterminate mission. Strait up hecc that tile....  

Bonus mention for any tile with an out of bounds teleport back to solid ground.... most of which that come to mind have really low skyboxes you can checkin bullet jump into.... some are low enough that a well timed double jump is enough. I'm sorta ok with falling out of bounds, mostly the jumping out of bounds that irks me.

Favorite is Earth. It was my first impression of the game and I immediately loved it. I was hooked. 

Least favorite would have to be the new reworked corpus tileset. It is just a pain to play on. It feels like DE couldn't figure out how to make the corpus a threat so the designed the new tile set with the players inconvenience in mind. There are so many different levels to the map that are hard to get to. You are surrounded by corpus on 6 different levels all on the same room. You can't get to them with melee quick enough and in the time it takes to aim and shoot they just got off dozens of shots from dozens of different angles. 

It's pretty but i hate playing on it. I avoid and abort mission on these maps.

My favorite is probably Gas City, with Mars as a close second. I'm a big fan of the update to Jupiter building into our Parkour capabilities -- rooms that are high out of reach, timed tests to open secret chambers, avoidable door traps, and higher ceilings and platforms so we aren't bumping our heads on the ceiling. Mars I like the palette and the intersection of old ruins with newer field tech.

My least favorite is probably Europa. Lots of odd little dead ends to get stuck in.

I would like to see DE make it so that every planet has its own unique title sets. It’s kinda of an eye sore seeing lots of planets  with the same exact tile set like a lot of the corpus planets like Neptune Pluto and Europa all look the same an boring. While earth,mars,Uranus  Jupiter shine on their tile sets and look really good.

My favorite is the Orokin Tower tile set, all-around well designed with many impressive decorations and really gives off the attitute of the Orokin towards the universe.

Least favorite: I never really liked the Europa Corpus/Crashed Ship tile set, it feels like messed up in the wrong ways. Then again, I remember the Uranus Grineer/Underwater Sea Lab set and how broken it often is, that's probably my pick.

9 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Most favorite : Corpus Ship. The music is just good. They really put a lot of effort on this one.

Least Favorite : Infested Corpus Ship. The tileset is a nightmare to navigate through.

wait you're favorite map is the most basic of them 

My list, from worst to best:

15. Infested Ship (Eris)

Little space for parkour, too low bounds, problems with waypoints (especially when there are several levels in the room).

14. Grineer Sealab (Uranus)

Sharkwing and tight corridors.

13. Grineer Asteroid Fortress (Kuva Fortress)

Security Cameras, constant "Alarm" sounds, some rooms are hard to navigate through because of doors and wall holes locations.

12. Corpus Ship

I really hate when there are more than 1-2 levels in a room. New ship has too many of them. I miss old Corpus Ship. There was that spirit of "being the first, elder one"...

11. Orokin Derelict

Again: levels, also Infested thingies make it sometimes hard to parkour.

10. Grineer Shipyard (Ceres)

Idk, can't even describe, there is just something distracting. Also, in extermination missions those Grineer workers are marked as red on minimap but not accounted for mission marker.

9. Grineer Forest (Earth)

Those Kubrow cry sounds really trigger me all the time, but overall the tile set is nice, somewhat alive, misterious, and unique.

8. Corpus Ice Planet (Europa)

I love the times when you are on the surface and can look into the background skybox. Also enough space for parkour.

7. Grineer Galleon

6. Grineer Asteroid

5. Grineer Settlement (Mars)

I like background skybox.

4. Orokin Moon (Lua)

3. Corpus Gas City (Jupiter)

Despite the more than one level in some rooms, it is somehow designed to appear nice, and very much space for parkour. Would be top-2 if Alad V wouldn't be saying "mhfghmm bhE-TrhAy-EHrss!" that often.

2. Corpus Outpost (Venus, Neptune, Pluto)

1. Orokin Tower (Void)

The perfect and aesthetic one.

Archived