Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I did it, I soloed the exploiter!

dangerdragon117

my first solo!

I finally beat the exploiter orb, with a stealth frame too! and I got to end it all off by watching a stream.

either way the orb itself is not that bad, its just the usain bolt rachnoids at the last part that caused me to tear my hair out.

those guys are fairly easy to kill, they just spawn a lot more then a can physically engage, and they run like usain bolt.

I was right at the last part and the coolant rachnoids where practically spawning on top of him. I kept shouting: die faster! die faster!

I'm going to cool down from my victory now...

Congrats, now you can do the best farm for Vallis resources and Vox Solaris rep. It took me more than half an hour to solo her the first time, nowadays I can finish it in less than 15 mins.

If you have Gara you can use her 4 to block the rachnoids from approaching the orb, I usually spend sometime marking a waypoint and drops some canisters on that spot, then after she reset her heat by spawning fractures use Gara's 4 and dump all the stockpiled thermia on her, as long as the orb doesn't stay too close to the cliff no rachnoid should be able to cool her off.

There's also the classic slow Nova method if you feel overwhelmed by the rachnoids' speed, or max range Octavia with Mallet right below the orb to kill any approaching rachnoids if you're having trouble spotting and following them.

9 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

Good job, what setup were you using? I tend to solo the exploiter whenever I fight it, since it doesn't seem to behave that well if I'm a client.

-Ivara prime

-crit rattleguts kitgun with pax charge

-kuva nukor

-crit and speed nikana zaw

22 minutes ago, dangerdragon117 said:

either way the orb itself is not that bad, its just the usain bolt rachnoids at the last part that caused me to tear my hair out.

Pretty Much...

23 minutes ago, dangerdragon117 said:

I was right at the last part and the coolant rachnoids where practically spawning on top of him. I kept shouting: die faster! die faster!

Uhm no... they werent practically spawning on top of him. The game is legitimately without a question of a doubt Spawning Raknoids directly under the Exploiter. 

I confirmed this during my last few runs by popping on all the Enemy Radar Mods.... i can see S#&$ beyond the minimap's radius... so when i tell you that boss is Cheating you can take that to the bank.

In addition to this If the game thinks it spawned Raknoids too far away or if they get stuck... the game will actually Teleport them through the terrain directly to the Exploiter.

I always knew this Boss was Bull S#&$... it wasn't until i tried Gauss that i was able to confirm it.

29 minutes ago, dangerdragon117 said:

Oh no you dont... you still gotta get those Ephemeras... get back in there Grind Hard 😛

11 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

Good job, what setup were you using? I tend to solo the exploiter whenever I fight it, since it doesn't seem to behave that well if I'm a client.

There was a time when Nova was the perfect choice because Anti Matter Drop could destroy all 4 Vents in on shot... effectively skipping the entire first phase... oh but wait... it gets Bettet... because Nova can Teleport that also made her perfect for phase 2. 

Sadly this was nerfef 1 Week after the update.... 

Now you can just use whatever can take a beating in Phase 1 and Whatever is Fast for Phase 2. For me thats Gauss... abd because Gauss's Abilities scale with his Battery this gives me basically 4 Slots to do whatever i want with... i filled those with The Enemy Radar Mods... literally all of them

Enemy Radar

Enemy Sense 

Stealth Drift

And Vigilante Pursuit.

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

There's also the classic slow Nova method if you feel overwhelmed by the rachnoids' speed, or max range Octavia with Mallet right below the orb to kill any approaching rachnoids if you're having trouble spotting and following them.

Arent Raknoids immune to Abilities ?

9 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Oh no you dont... you still gotta get those Ephemeras... get back in there Grind Hard

I already got everything on the first try. the game probably saw me retrying the mssion repeatedly due to various issues, while using a stealth frame and just decided to give me everything I needed to get me out of their hair.

33 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Unless this is implemented in recent patch, abilities should work on them. Ever since I used Gara I haven't touch other frames for that fight again, so idk if they changed something.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

I always knew this Boss was cheating

frankly, having Coolant Raknoids Spawning right next to Exploiter would be convenient, then you wouldn't have to look around for them and go get the Canisters. you'd be able to have a pile of them right there and focus on converting and throwing them.
wish that would happen for me, instead i have to wait around for Coolant Raknoids to feel like Spawning and have to go get all of those Canisters all over the place :F

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

the Bosses are, Coolant Raknoids are normal Enemies. though they do have Boss type Ability resistance, but that's resistance, not immunity.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

the best farm for Vallis resources and Vox Solaris rep.

Profit Taker is still much faster, but Exploiter is decent.

48 minutes ago, dangerdragon117 said:

I already got everything on the first try. the game probably saw me retrying the mssion repeatedly due to various issues, while using a stealth frame and just decided to give me everything I needed to get me out of their hair.

How is that possible ? Im pretty sure you cant get both Ephemeras as Drops in one roll... can you ?

24 minutes ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

Unless this is implemented in recent patch, abilities should work on them. Ever since I used Gara I haven't touch other frames for that fight again, so idk if they changed something.

Yeah i know Mass Vitrify works because thats a Solid Object... it blocks the Raknoids... doesnt interact with them. 

But i distinctly remember Mesa not being able to Target Them and no other CC working directly on them.

5 minutes ago, taiiat said:

frankly, having Coolant Raknoids Spawning right next to Exploiter would be convenient, then you wouldn't have to look around for them and go get the Canisters.

And how are you going to get the Cannisters if the Raknoid already Deposited its Coolant ?

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the Bosses are, Coolant Raknoids are normal Enemies. though they do have Boss type Ability resistance, but that's resistance, not immunity.

So they are Immune then ?

4 hours ago, dangerdragon117 said:

my first solo!

I finally beat the exploiter orb, with a stealth frame too! and I got to end it all off by watching a stream.

those guys are fairly easy to kill, they just spawn a lot more then a can physically engage, and they run like usain bolt.

GG Tenno 

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

And how are you going to get the Cannisters if the Raknoid already Deposited its Coolant ?

So they are Immune then ?

by exterminating them with extreme prejudice. if they Spawned near Exploiter you wouldn't have to go looking around for them, you could just nuke them.

no. Coolant Raknoids have some Ability resistance but that is not to be confused with immune to Abilities.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

by exterminating them with extreme prejudice. if they Spawned near Exploiter you wouldn't have to go looking around for them, you could just nuke them.

Yeah... thats fair... but if they Spawned directly under the Exploiter then I promise you absolutely will not be killing them before they toss their Coolant. 

This isnt some slow animation we are talking about... it literally happens faster than you can blink.

no. Coolant Raknoids have some Ability resistance but that is not to be confused with immune to Abilities

Well thats going to depend isnt it ?

Sentients are resistent to some CC abilities... but the problem is the resistence is so high that they are basically immune. Same goes for Demolyst...

Its a Distinction without an Actual Difference.

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

This isnt some slow animation we are talking about... it literally happens faster than you can blink.

Sentients are resistent to some CC abilities... but the problem is the resistence is so high that they are basically immune. Same goes for Demolyst...
Its a Distinction without an Actual Difference.

those are some weirdly slow blinks you're talking about, methinks. 

no, the difference is quite massive. Enemies which are immune to certain Abilities have no effect from it.
Enemies which are resistant to certain Abilities take either the form of reduced effectiveness, or halved Duration that halves again(or was it divided by 4 and divided again) every time it is re-applied. both of these are a far cry from no effect at all.

those are some weirdly slow blinks you're talking about, methinks. 

Nope... normal fast blinks... Raknoid Spawns and is basically already tossed its coolant.

Mind you you have to kill the Raknoid before the animation starts... killing it halfway seems like its good until you realise that even though the coolant flies slowly... theres nothing you can do to stop it from touching the Exploiter.

no, the difference is quite massive. Enemies which are immune to certain Abilities have no effect from it.
Enemies which are resistant to certain Abilities take either the form of reduced effectiveness, or halved Duration that halves again(or was it divided by 4 and divided again) every time it is re-applied. both of these are a far cry from no effect at all.

Thats basically what I said... a Distinction without a Difference.

Its why dont bother with Magus Lockdown.

18 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Uhm no... they werent practically spawning on top of him. The game is legitimately without a question of a doubt Spawning Raknoids directly under the Exploiter. 

I confirmed this during my last few runs by popping on all the Enemy Radar Mods.... i can see S#&$ beyond the minimap's radius... so when i tell you that boss is Cheating you can take that to the bank.

In addition to this If the game thinks it spawned Raknoids too far away or if they get stuck... the game will actually Teleport them through the terrain directly to the Exploiter.

I always knew this Boss was Bull S#&$... it wasn't until i tried Gauss that i was able to confirm it.

Er...are you sure? I mean, maybe I just have god-tier luck and never had Raknoids get stuck on terrain, but I never really have them teleport up to the boss. I’ve gotten quite good at sniping them when they’re approaching, and the times they do make it through I was legitimately not paying attention and let them approach normally.

Maybe it’s a case-by-case basis, but that’s my observations at least.

Archived