Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does everyone NOT want better rewards for Hard Mode.

BernieBlack

48 minutes ago, BernieBlack said:

Its reasonable to expect better rewards for harder difficulty, and in every mmolite/looter that's the case except in Warframe. There were several options DE could have taken to keep this game mode alive and appease fans. 

Exponential drops: instead of 300 endo reward 3000, instead of a 1000 credit cache reward 10000. 

Now, what are you going to do when people start flocking the mode because it's a better farming spot and all you get is 3 aquas that only know screaming on your ears because you're the only one that doing something while the rest leech off your efforts and drag you down with their uselessness?

2 hours ago, BernieBlack said:

Cosmetics and skins: they could have added a weapon skin or badge/sigil at the end of every planet, and no, those copy pasted emotes don't count. Statues are nice but it isn't something we can really show off. A simple armor piece or badge would have sufficed. And on each planet you could have put a unique skin hidden in the drop tables of the AABC rotations. Hell even if it's a gold color version of weapons we use that would have been more than enough.

You can show off those statues by inviting others to your orbiter and quite sure people don't want skin or whatever cosmetic behind RNG drop like tenebrous ephemera

2 hours ago, BernieBlack said:

The worst part is half the fan base it seems is arguing they don't want it to be any better. Who argues AGAINST getting better rewards?!

And what can be a reward for Tenno that kill everything in 50 meters radius without even looking at the enemy?

As others mentioned its not that the players don't want rewards,

But if DE adds any non cosmetic rewards that affect game play there will be the crybabies that say "make it easy cause i cant be bothered to actual make myself strong/skilled/geared enough to manage content that is supposed to be hard and my FOMO will not let me sleep"

I do not mind more rewards , but i want it purely for boasting , and one does not boast about things that anyone can do.

So the only rewards i want are cosmetic - other than the satisfaction that i can manage hard content with my sub optimal loadout.

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Because you'll just make things worse. If you increase rewards here's what happens. Firstly the veterans like myself will farm the hell out of it and get our loot. Next the casuals will whine and create a flood of tears in the forums about being "unable to do the content", "it's not fair, I started playing this game 3 days ago and I can't access it". Next DE will bend over and take it up the pipe to please the crybabies and nerf the ever living hell out of the content. Lastly the veterans will be angry and demand more challenging content from DE. 

And so the cycle of Warframe is complete and we'll end up at square one again only now Steel Path is the only thing being played, casuals and new players are simply getting taxi'd through the normal star chart and then taxi'd through Steel Path to whatever is the hot new grind/loot spot and even more content created by DE is now being ignored and all their extra development time for SP and also now, the normal star chart, is wasted.

QFT.

Also, the rewards thought of by DE is considered by some as "not worth the effort." True, they made them overpriced token pieces.The mastery was a surprise addition but still can be brushed off as an unappealing incentive. To those who do not understand, they are entirely laughable by any metric especially with a game that rewards anyone for the lamest effort for so long.

But I am sure I am not alone with this, DE did the right thing. It just hits the spot for anyone willing to go through SP "despite of." 

Personally I don't mind the extra beefy enemies, it makes testing of damage more fun... (cant get enemies over level 500 easily normally without it)

Adding more rewards to the SP it could make people upset, but it could also lead to a problem of too many people farming too hard... I take the stance of don't really mind either way as I have nothing else to do in the game.

As much as I would like to see more thing added to SP like fissures, sorties and the likes, I also understand it would be without any extra reward, for now it is only a farm place to get much bigger level enemies to see how far your theorycraft goes.

2 часа назад, BernieBlack сказал:

Its reasonable to expect better rewards for harder difficulty

such as? i don't need endo, credits, rivens, skins or what have you. i have everything i need already. mhm... some kuva might be nice, but i already have better options than buying it with a steel path currency.

now, what DE can possibly offer? i would prefer an engaging game mode or activity. there is no need for it to be "hard" or "challenging", it should be thought out and fun. if want to face high level mobs i have normal starchart for that.

Funny thing is, you people consider Steel Path as some kind of hard mode of the game, it is not. Just consider Steel Path as a time killer before Tennocon reveal and then forget Steel Path ever existed.

2 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

It's simple, the forums want the game to die
Any positive feedback or logical criticism is met with blind stupidity on behave of DE
That's why this place is a joke, and everyone considers it toxic

Example: someone will quote the last line and say, "NOT EVERYONE, I DON'T, YOU DON'T SPEAK FOR THE MAJORITY!"

Aight

What a great self-insulating conspiracy theory. You place the burden of disproving your wild claims on others, but frame it such that them disagreeing with you ostensibly proves your point.

That's exactly the sort of thing a lizardperson would do. They'd also deny being a lizardperson. Or admit to it, because it wouldn't be believed. Or ignore the implication.

Two things might happen if they do or do not add more rewards to hardmode.

1. No real rewards : The gamemode is optional. Players who hate it will grab the one and done rewards and pretend the gamemode doesn’t exist. Die hard hardmode fans can enjoy the so called “challenge” without casual intervention, but they will whine about rewards.

2. With real/exclusive rewards that effects gameplay : The tag “optional” no longer exist. Everyone will feel forced to farm the game mode for that shiny new power item and the haters will whine to DE nerf the so called “challenge”. DE listens and make the game mode easier. 

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

As a bullet sponge hater I would rather they pick option 1 so I don’t have to farm the sponge path while the meta slaves can have their fun.

I play to have Fun, its just that simple!
Like DE stated, "steel path" is for seasoned player.
We have everything, endo, resources, rare mods, all the weapons, so some of us don´t need anything...just need to test ourselfes.

Why do some player base like simulacrum? It doens't have rewards, but Youtube its full of Simulacrum videos whith millions viwes? Why??
Because we need challenges..our rewards are challenges.

I love footbal, and i don't play it for the rewards,,i play it to have fun (and win) , also like completinh a mission in WF, for the challenge.

Why its so difficult to uderstand this by some players..???

9 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

It's simple, the forums want the game to die
Any positive feedback or logical criticism is met with blind stupidity on behave of DE
That's why this place is a joke, and everyone considers it toxic

Example: someone will quote the last line and say, "NOT EVERYONE, I DON'T, YOU DON'T SPEAK FOR THE MAJORITY!"

Aight

Really?
Why do you came here, if you think its toxic?
Your post its a toxic one...calling this place a joke..
Look at yourself first...

8 hours ago, trst said:

It isn't arguing against rewards it's arguing against casual players flooding the mode and forcing DE to nerf it into the ground like they have done with every single other one of DE's attempts at "hard" content.

The crowd that this was made for has waited for several years for something like this. Can we not ruin it for just this once?

Best answer!
This Tenno knows!!!

Most people here just want for WF to be as effortless, brain-dead, automated/efficient and easy as possible. They don't want to have to modify their nuke builds or change the frames or weapons they like to adapt to the design of the mission. Thus they don't want to feel like they have to play like DE want them to play. They don't care when Riven disposition buffs 30 weapons; they only care about the 4 meta nerfs. They don't want a more balanced experience. They are vehemently against nerfs; they'd rather everything got buffed to outlier levels.

It's why they hate the defense target healing rework, because they want to just facetank with the frame they want without giving a single zing towards the objective of defending.

This naturally clashes against improving TSP rewards because those would then complain that it's "mandatory", thus they push back with arguments such as "you should only want to play it for the difficulty" as if they themselves had been playing normal mode with their feet while hanging down from a tree to make it as difficult as possible.

DE feel hostage to those players as implied by Pablo. Thus the Fortuna difficulty nerf. Thus the Arbitration no-revives backpedaling (Rather than hosting dedicated servers just for Arbitration and removing the player host from the equation). And thus the half-measures of a drop chance booster rather than a resource booster. Thus why the rewards are cosmetic. Things those players can ignore.

6 hours ago, Inichor said:

What a great self-insulating conspiracy theory. You place the burden of disproving your wild claims on others, but frame it such that them disagreeing with you ostensibly proves your point.

That's exactly the sort of thing a lizardperson would do. They'd also deny being a lizardperson. Or admit to it, because it wouldn't be believed. Or ignore the implication.

latest?cb=20150625220305> Tenno Lizards, runnin' 'bout my house, messing with my work! Contaminating my science! Who let them in?! Which twit did this thing?

Some laughable reasons I met with on why there shouldn't be rewards in steel path:

• This mode is only for FUN (so is the whole game)
  • This mode is only for TESTING to replace the simulacrum (simulacrum lets you edit loadouts immediately)
  • Rewards would attract leeches and casuals, ruining the quality of public steel path matchmaking (the problem are leeches in the whole game, not the rewards)
  • Rewards would make people feel they are forced to do it (but they are not)
  • Attracted casuals would whine for it being too hard, then DE will nerf it (just say no, like other games, then nerf the mode when the stuff it gives becomes obsolete, or not)
  • POWER CREEP OMG (then no better stuff is ever allowed in the game I guess)

I'm fine with the current reward pool and slowly, but surely completing the steelchart, because it's at least something to do which gives new progress to my completionist self. However people trying to justify why there shouldn't be rewards for more effort are all sound either selfish or afraid.
I get that people don't want to do something, but also don't want to get behind the others that do. Those people simply have to face that there will be stuff they don't own, but others do. Even with rewards it stays optional.

There should not be any reward for testing your gear. That is exactly the reward. 

However an INTERESTING reward would be a mission simulacrum where we can adjust enemy parameters, quantity, conditions, friendly fire and locations. Would be ideal for MR 30. This type of reward would work because is not an item or a weapon that gives advantage. It provides a good testing ground and experimentation for further development in the game. 

1 hour ago, sitfesz said:
  • This mode is only for FUN (so is the whole game)
  • This mode is only for TESTING to replace the simulacrum (simulacrum lets you edit loadouts immediately)
  • Rewards would attract leeches and casuals, ruining the quality of public steel path matchmaking (the problem are leeches in the whole game, not the rewards)
  • Rewards would make people feel they are forced to do it (but they are not)
  • Attracted casuals would whine for it being too hard, then DE will nerf it (just say no, like other games, then nerf the mode when the stuff it gives becomes obsolete, or not)
  • POWER CREEP OMG (then no better stuff is ever allowed in the game I guess)

Yeah other than the leecher and power creep argument the others are actually valid.

Arbitrations were nerfed because "having one life too hard no good".

Many people suffers from fomo. So yeah they would feel forced to do it. I know because I do have this S#&$ to some extent.

Originally this mode was made because content creators spent too much time in the simulcrum and players had to stay in for an hour of survival to test if their weapon is really powerul. (In a real situation)

In most games hard mode is just there as an option. And that's it. People just enjoy playing on hard difficulty. I don't think there's anything surprising about that. That's why the Souls-like games exist.

10 hours ago, 844448 said:

And what can be a reward for Tenno that kill everything in 50 meters radius without even looking at the enemy?

That isnt the case in Steel Path though for the most part. The former star chart heroes scale very poorly. Not to mention that all missions that involves killing to reach the goal take alot longer time since the kill requirement per mission or wave is higher. While the density on other missions is also alot higher, so puts more threat versus static objectives.

Those increases in time and risk should also come with higher rewards.

And they shouldnt hand out crap rewards because 3 frames (Baruuk, Mesa, Khora) trivialize the mode, heck only one of the 3 is worthwhile to use in endless really.

The argument is this.

how much time do we want the % of DE staff to be working on rewards. If you wanted this mode DElayed and you want other content also DElayed sure go nuts. But if your like me and wanted the content as fast as possible more then rewards then your happy with it.

though that being said having relic missions you can open 2 at once would be nice.

12 hours ago, BernieBlack said:

Its reasonable to expect better rewards for harder difficulty, and in every mmolite/looter that's the case except in Warframe. There were several options DE could have taken to keep this game mode alive and appease fans. 

It's the case here as well...

The disconnect that you and others seem to have with The Steel Path is that it isn't "End Game" and was never intended to be... DE, rightly, doesn't seem to want to drag or force players into running the mode 24/7.

The fact that you get the same drops you would from a normal mode at a potentially faster rate should be reward enough as the mobs don't do considerably more damage but can just take considerably longer to kill.

The Steel Path is a niche mode and should be thought of no differently than one would Conclave... Which makes it fitting that it's being offered by Teshin imo.

Personally, I would have added the same rewards from PvP among The Steel Path offerings... But that's just me. 

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

Originally this mode was made because content creators spent too much time in the simulcrum and players had to stay in for an hour of survival to test if their weapon is really powerul. (In a real situation)

Yes, people no longer have to wait an hour to test their builds in a live environment.

They only have to wait an hour for Eximus spawn rate to be noticeable and get any Steel Essence.

They just traded one problem for another while still not changing the expected engagement time.

2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Yes, people no longer have to wait an hour to test their builds in a live environment.

They only have to wait an hour for Eximus spawn rate to be noticeable and get any Steel Essence.

They just traded one problem for another while still not changing the expected engagement time.

Go Eidolon hunting. I don't like doing it generally but with a good squad It's fun.

Archived