Jump to content

40 minutes in steel path survival with 0 steel essence


Recommended Posts

This is absurd, I run hour long survivals with Inaros, and average 5 essence with no boosters, I run 40min with Khora and pilfering strangledome, and I get 0, while getting 4 riven slivers. Either something is bugged or the drop rate is beyond too low on them. I had 3811 kills when I extracted, several hundred of those were eximii, and not a single drop of essence, that should be impossible.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, triplebaconator2 said:

... several hundred of those were eximii, and not a single drop of essence, that should be impossible.

That's not how random chance works. Sorry.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

No, the difference is you went for an hour vs 40 mins. Eximus spawns greatly increase around the 1 hour mark.

I have never gone 40min without a single steel essence. I'm looking at 2 or more at this point in every other run I have done farming it, on top of having strangledomes up, that should not be possible, and if it is just RNG and not the drops being bugged, that means that the drop rate on the steel essence is far beyond too low.

Link to post
Share on other sites

the rate of Steel Essence from Enemies is quite appropriate. gives you something to do for while (like, more than one day), and has no limits on how much you can get, no timegating at all, just go play.
exactly what i would hope for. the game to not tell me to logout.

 

because of it being something dropped from Enemies rarely, sometimes you'll get a bunch, sometimes you'll get very little. i don't see problems with that.
if you're looking for an XP bar, well, i'm not.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, taiiat said:

the rate of Steel Essence from Enemies is quite appropriate. gives you something to do for while (like, more than one day), and has no limits on how much you can get, no timegating at all, just go play.
exactly what i would hope for. the game to not tell me to logout.

 

because of it being something dropped from Enemies rarely, sometimes you'll get a bunch, sometimes you'll get very little. i don't see problems with that.
if you're looking for an XP bar, well, i'm not.

problem is you can only farm them after 1 hr in steel path or else you are just stuck with time gated eidolons in steel path. we are already seeing the death of the mode with so many people not being interested in steel essence. they should just use the arbritration point system i say 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, triplebaconator2 said:

I have never gone 40min without a single steel essence. I'm looking at 2 or more at this point in every other run I have done farming it, on top of having strangledomes up, that should not be possible, and if it is just RNG and not the drops being bugged, that means that the drop rate on the steel essence is far beyond too low.

Lol enjoy your 40 min farming runs then. If you want to increase your essence gained take my advice, go for 2 hours.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Lol enjoy your 40 min farming runs then. If you want to increase your essence gained take my advice, go for 2 hours.

I fully intended to stay longer, but encountered a bug with enemies ignoring my strangledomes randomly, kinda killed my survivability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, triplebaconator2 said:

I fully intended to stay longer, but encountered a bug with enemies ignoring my strangledomes randomly, kinda killed my survivability.

The other problem is that you're farming with Inaros. It's like trying to use a Hammer to knock in a screw and complaining that it isn't very effective.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

The other problem is that you're farming with Inaros. It's like trying to use a Hammer to knock in a screw and complaining that it isn't very effective.

I don't see how that affects my khora run, and I aslo don't see how using a frame whose entire schtick is absurd survivability, for the specific purpose of surviving, is hammering a screw.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, triplebaconator2 said:

I don't see how that affects my khora run, and I aslo don't see how using a frame whose entire schtick is absurd survivability, for the specific purpose of surviving, is hammering a screw.

Because you're there to farm loot. Most frames can survive but only a few of them give you more resources. I'd stick to Khora if I were you but this time, stay longer than 40 mins. That's why you didn't get your due rewards.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

it's RNG my dude. I had 1 hour runs give me 65 and a 2 hour run give me 75 (with both boosters and a proper loot squad) so double the time != double the rewards when RNG has a say in the matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

The other problem is that you're farming with Inaros. It's like trying to use a Hammer to knock in a screw and complaining that it isn't very effective.

People are free to do what they want though

17 minutes ago, triplebaconator2 said:

I fully intended to stay longer, but encountered a bug with enemies ignoring my strangledomes randomly, kinda killed my survivability.

I'm having the same problem, I tried to do a Survival with Vauban for fun and to change a bit, but it was rendered impossible by Ancient randomly not caring about the Vortex. So sticking with Saryn now, and I can confirm, don't do less than one hour if you want Essences. That sucks if you don't have time for that though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I think this is the issue

I killed more than this in 50% of the time

that's some god tier RNG luck my friend only time I got lucky to get an essence before the 10 minute mark I got like 2 drops (4 essence) and by the turn of the hour I had 40 (20 drops) total. Also from a solo run.

Edited by EDM774
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EDM774 said:

that's some god tier RNG luck my friend

Most of my runs look like this, and they are done without a Smeeta. But I was referring to the kill count. Lesser enemies killed lesser chance of getting loot

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Most of my runs look like this, and they are done without a Smeeta. But I was referring to the kill count. Lesser enemies killed lesser chance of getting loot

I know all I'm saying is that with all other things being equal RNG is still RNG, some ppl get blessed and some get shafted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

I know all I'm saying is that with all other things being equal RNG is still RNG, some ppl get blessed and some get shafted.

You want shafted, I got 5 essence drops during the entire 232 nodes of Steel Path 😄 Up until Sedna I had 2 lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You want shafted, I got 5 essence drops during the entire 232 nodes of Steel Path 😄 Up until Sedna I had 2 lol.

I got like 4 essence from normal gameplay too, but we're talking hour+ farm focused survivals here. in short RNG is a [REDACTED] yes

Edited by EDM774
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, kevoisvevo said:

problem is you can only farm them after 1 hr in steel path or else you are just stuck with time gated eidolons in steel path. we are already seeing the death of the mode with so many people not being interested in steel essence. they should just use the arbritration point system i say 

that's not a problem expressly with the Resource, but with the entire 'Gamemode' via not changing much compared to the normal game and thusly being underwhelming.

 

see also:

On 2020-07-13 at 12:28 AM, taiiat said:

you're absolutely right. you still have to spend upwards of an Hour in a Mission for the game to finally shift up into high gear, all the same as before.
why Missions aren't all starting at high gear from the start of the Mission, beats me. but that would be more effective at creating a "Tier 2" of the Solar Map, moreso than just increasing Enemy Levels.

 

infact i would strongly suggest removing the ??? randomly applied EHP Multipliers that were applied on top of Level Scaling, but having all of the Missions start out in that 'high gear' state so that Missions are starting at the point where the game offers the most out of Enemies that it is able to offer.
i would even say consider changing the Enemy Spec for all Missions in Steel Path to match the Alert Spec - for those that don't remember or aren't aware, Alerts, Invasions, and other special types of Missions offer(ed) a different Enemy Spec from normal Missions, which would Spawn more Specials/Heavies, more Eximus, more aggressive Spawns overall, Et Cetera. i.e. increased amounts of the more interesting/complex Enemies, and less of the generic ones.

pairing the two would have Steel Path really cranking things up into high gear. maximum Eximus Rate and maximum Spawn aggressiveness, plus adjustments to push the types of Enemies you face to be ones that are more relevant to be more prevalent than usual.

that would be like, halfway to where i've even been desiring the game to go, of having the majority of the Enemies be Specials/Heavies, with some Trash Units here and there, rather than almost all Trash Units and a few Specials/Heavies.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...