Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

40 minutes in steel path survival with 0 steel essence

If you weren't already, I recommend survival missions against infested.  Their faction clearly seems to spawn eximus units at a much higher rate compared to the others.

My solo experiences were just terrible. After an hour with Pilfering Khora I get only 0-2 Essence drops. 
Playing it with other players resulted in so much better yields.  More enemies, more constant kills, more drops per second. Within the first hour we got a double-digit amounts of Essence drops. And having others to chat with helps dealing with the monotonous boredom of it all, doing it alone felt just depressing.
I had to do 2 of such hours-long marathon runs to get all the needed Essence to buy everything.  I'm done with that snooze-fest.

4 hours ago, Pinegulf said:

That's not how random chance works. Sorry.

This... 

And this is exactly why i disregarded any Steel Essence i got as RNG drops...

Truth is Steel Eidolons are the way to go if want reliable Steel Essence.

Note that I said Reliable, not The Most Effective ...

Just because one source is Guaranteed and another Source isnt doesnt mean one is better than the other.

I myself simply prefer Guaranteed Behavior over RNG across everything simply because DE doesnt do RNG Properly.

14 minutes ago, MystMan said:

If you weren't already, I recommend survival missions against infested.  Their faction clearly seems to spawn eximus units at a much higher rate compared to the others.

While Infested faction is known for its innate Squishiness... i wouldnt underestimate them. Trust me... they have the potential for some really frustrating bull S#&$.

Plаy on Dark Sektor Solo in Surv (no need from squad is useless ) recommend Chance and resource booster ,from 40-60 min  with proc Smeta Kavat with perfect Build you will  get from 10-42 Steel Path Essence ,and your see sometime no give  in 1 long run ,somtime give more silver from stell path ya it is RNG

RECOMMEND dont play with weapons from  3 element  corosive,radiation and gas  =kill all  your loot 

More players make this wrong=nope steel essence

I play only solo Infest Uranus (Assur)

Use only melee weapon  ( my is Kuva Shildeg ),only on virial for infest   and aura steel charge  use Inaros /Prime -arcane Strike-Fury  . Your riven must  have small   more  (x2 heavy atack) ,cirt,melee damage  Must will make

Recommend :  (5-6) Ancient Healer Specter ; (2)Corupted Bombard Specter from Barro;Corupted lancer Specter;(2)Shield osprey Specter and  your

Cosmic Specter -Nekros/Prime on build 3(Despoil)  must have weapons ,(my have Kuva Bramma heat 60% with riven,but he use base damage  and Kitgun Catchmon and again Kuva Sildeg).You will need for this help (He bot Nekros+ proc on your smeta  give  double-triple loot 

Dark-Sector-Stell-Path-Surv.png

I know i shouldnt..but here is easy setup.

Go for infested survival.

Take Octavia with full single muted note.

Press 3. Go invisible. Press 1 and 4 on open space.

Sit there for 60+ min.

Profit.

EDIT: More pro tips.

Build octavia for more duration so you dont have to recast so often.

Get som beers...it will be quite long run.

10 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

and then you get tradebanned

to prevent you from trading an untradable resource.

Maybe it's just me, but i believe accounts should be flagged for manual verification if the resources gathered are to high and players trade banned only if tradable content is off the charts

200 steel essence - manual verification

9999 volt prime bps -  trade banned

I've done several hour+ farms in steel path survival. A few using baruuk where I received on average about 24 steel essence and 12 riven slivers. I did a 1hr 40min survival with a pilfering Khora yesterday and got 58 steel essence and 8 riven slivers. 

The key is eximus spawns ramp up and max out at the 1 hour mark. At 1 hour, each enemy has a 20% chance of spawning as an eximus unit.

• 2 months later...
On 2020-07-23 at 11:54 PM, triplebaconator2 said:

This is absurd, I run hour long survivals with Inaros, and average 5 essence with no boosters, I run 40min with Khora and pilfering strangledome, and I get 0, while getting 4 riven slivers. Either something is bugged or the drop rate is beyond too low on them. I had 3811 kills when I extracted, several hundred of those were eximii, and not a single drop of essence, that should be impossible.

I have been wondering, why isn't Steel Essence in any of those mission's drop tables? it would make sense to at least get some uncommon chance to get a piece per vault in spy, one per rescue/capture, etc., it isn't even like you would be getting a ton to break the game's rewards or something just a guaranteed steel essence bit for playing said game mode.

On 2020-07-24 at 12:54 AM, triplebaconator2 said:

This is absurd, I run hour long survivals with Inaros, and average 5 essence with no boosters, I run 40min with Khora and pilfering strangledome, and I get 0, while getting 4 riven slivers. Either something is bugged or the drop rate is beyond too low on them. I had 3811 kills when I extracted, several hundred of those were eximii, and not a single drop of essence, that should be impossible.

Hey there newbie welcome to rng. You will probably not enjoy your stay

!This is not rng at all! When actively farming steel essences, there is almost no variance in what you get vs what you did.

What is rng is the random drops when doing your missions, you kill one or 2 eximus on the go and you may get a lucky drop. When farming actively eximus, you kill so much stuff that what you get is normalised as the more eximus you kill the closer you are to the average expected of essence loots.

So yes, take the great advices given to you, and if you are far from the median, reconsider your game plan and gameplay before arguing that things are broken. If it work for some players, it can work for every other. So if it doesn't work with you, you are not doing it properly. It is how quantitative grinds work so it works in any korean video game.

For median returns, there are topics on the forum by guys posting what they grinded on day 2.

Archived