40 minutes in steel path survival with 0 steel essence

If you weren't already, I recommend survival missions against infested.  Their faction clearly seems to spawn eximus units at a much higher rate compared to the others.

My solo experiences were just terrible. After an hour with Pilfering Khora I get only 0-2 Essence drops. 
Playing it with other players resulted in so much better yields.  More enemies, more constant kills, more drops per second. Within the first hour we got a double-digit amounts of Essence drops. And having others to chat with helps dealing with the monotonous boredom of it all, doing it alone felt just depressing.
I had to do 2 of such hours-long marathon runs to get all the needed Essence to buy everything.  I'm done with that snooze-fest.

4 hours ago, Pinegulf said:

That's not how random chance works. Sorry.

This... 

And this is exactly why i disregarded any Steel Essence i got as RNG drops...

Truth is Steel Eidolons are the way to go if want reliable Steel Essence.

Note that I said Reliable, not The Most Effective ...

Just because one source is Guaranteed and another Source isnt doesnt mean one is better than the other.

I myself simply prefer Guaranteed Behavior over RNG across everything simply because DE doesnt do RNG Properly.

14 minutes ago, MystMan said:

If you weren't already, I recommend survival missions against infested.  Their faction clearly seems to spawn eximus units at a much higher rate compared to the others.

While Infested faction is known for its innate Squishiness... i wouldnt underestimate them. Trust me... they have the potential for some really frustrating bull S#&$.

• Like 1

Plаy on Dark Sektor Solo in Surv (no need from squad is useless ) recommend Chance and resource booster ,from 40-60 min  with proc Smeta Kavat with perfect Build you will  get from 10-42 Steel Path Essence ,and your see sometime no give  in 1 long run ,somtime give more silver from stell path ya it is RNG

RECOMMEND dont play with weapons from  3 element  corosive,radiation and gas  =kill all  your loot 

More players make this wrong=nope steel essence

I play only solo Infest Uranus (Assur)

Use only melee weapon  ( my is Kuva Shildeg ),only on virial for infest   and aura steel charge  use Inaros /Prime -arcane Strike-Fury  . Your riven must  have small   more  (x2 heavy atack) ,cirt,melee damage  Must will make

Recommend :  (5-6) Ancient Healer Specter ; (2)Corupted Bombard Specter from Barro;Corupted lancer Specter;(2)Shield osprey Specter and  your

Cosmic Specter -Nekros/Prime on build 3(Despoil)  must have weapons ,(my have Kuva Bramma heat 60% with riven,but he use base damage  and Kitgun Catchmon and again Kuva Sildeg).You will need for this help (He bot Nekros+ proc on your smeta  give  double-triple loot 

Dark-Sector-Stell-Path-Surv.png

Edited by BDT_Flames

I know i shouldnt..but here is easy setup.

Go for infested survival.

Take Octavia with full single muted note.

Press 3. Go invisible. Press 1 and 4 on open space.

Sit there for 60+ min.

Profit.

EDIT: More pro tips.

Build octavia for more duration so you dont have to recast so often.

Get som beers...it will be quite long run.

Edited by Mover-NeRo

Just a note that Khora's Pilfering Strangledome (most likely) doesn't work for Steel Essence. She's still decent because she can have a good killrate with Whipclaw, but that's all she helps with.

10 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

and then you get tradebanned

to prevent you from trading an untradable resource.

Maybe it's just me, but i believe accounts should be flagged for manual verification if the resources gathered are to high and players trade banned only if tradable content is off the charts

200 steel essence - manual verification

9999 volt prime bps -  trade banned

• Like 1

I got none for like 50 minutes, and then it was like 4 in 60 minutes, and 12 at 79 when I stopped, with Smeeta, not counting the double from booster, it totaled 24.

You kind if have to run a two hour endurance, it's really obnoxious. 

I've done several hour+ farms in steel path survival. A few using baruuk where I received on average about 24 steel essence and 12 riven slivers. I did a 1hr 40min survival with a pilfering Khora yesterday and got 58 steel essence and 8 riven slivers. 

The key is eximus spawns ramp up and max out at the 1 hour mark. At 1 hour, each enemy has a 20% chance of spawning as an eximus unit.

• Like 1