Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies ignoring strangledome

triplebaconator2

I was just running a survival farming steel essence with khora, and at several points throughout the mission enemies were running clear through my strangledome. This was happening even when there were 0 enemies snared in it, so capacity wasn't a problem. I thought maybe it was the ancient disruptors auras, but no the disruptors got snared without fail. On top of that I had a Kuva Nukor with over 100% status on it, if it were disruptor auras, the rad procs would disable them. I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious, but this seems like a bug.

10 hours ago, triplebaconator2 said:

I was just running a survival farming steel essence with khora, and at several points throughout the mission enemies were running clear through my strangledome. This was happening even when there were 0 enemies snared in it, so capacity wasn't a problem. I thought maybe it was the ancient disruptors auras, but no the disruptors got snared without fail. On top of that I had a Kuva Nukor with over 100% status on it, if it were disruptor auras, the rad procs would disable them. I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious, but this seems like a bug.

I had this happen too, but I wouldn't be optimistic it could get fixed. I was doing the mission solo, so I was the host, everything was local, but noticed that sometimes things which are supposed to happen without player interaction stop working for several seconds.

Things I noticed were Strangledome not "grabbing enemies" even if there was "room" for more enemies and Fetch not vacuuming up drops near me, I literally went to 0 energy with multiple Energy Orbs around with pets alive and well with Fetch on them, I had to walk into one manually and then it started working again.

All these abilities in game which are supposed to happen "constantly" are probably executed in-game with an internal timer of sorts, so every 5-10 game "ticks" the game checks nearby items, and they get Vacuumed up to you, it would slow down the game too much if it would just constantly check and check for nearby items every single tick. I think it's the same with Strangledome and other AoE abilities, which work without player interaction. The Whip does damage on cast and doesn't have to be limited like this for example.

I could be wrong, but I think because of the increased spawn rates, and multiple drops laying around thanks to the innate Mod and Drop Chance boosters, this system gets overloaded and then these checks are stopped from executing until enemies are cleared or the drops are collected from the floor.

In the past there was a reasoning behind why DE put an "enemy spawn cap" in the game during missions, they increased it for Steel Path, but I think it starts to approach what the game is capable of processing at once during these long missions with the other stuff.

55 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

When this happens to me it's not just immune to dome, it's immune to all abilities. I can't ensnare or whip it either. 

Possibly this is what DE was trying to implement for creating enemies immune to abilities? Test run possibly?

1 minute ago, kwlingo said:

Possibly this is what DE was trying to implement for creating enemies immune to abilities? Test run possibly?

I don't think so. It's been happening since before Steel Path.

I had a video clip of a lvl 3k+ corrupted Heavy Gunner that's totally immune to everything chasing me around the room. I was going to post here but I can't find it. If I could find the clip I'd have a date of the first time I noticed it. Either way it's been happening at least 2-3 months probably longer.

Archived