Jump to content
  • 0
Black_Wolfy

90% of frames now useless by endgame?

Question

woke up this morning, excited to get started on steel path, my interest in the game renewed beyond just finishing building the dojo, ever since unlocking steel path.

i loaded into my first mission as Rhino, who's always the frame i pick when i'm a little scared of what is to come. and i pressed 2. nothing happened. i pressed 5, preparing to get more energy. nothing happened.

what is the point in having a cast and crew of about 40 warframes, if by endgame literally all it comes down to is health, shields and armour?

wanna know the absolute funniest bit? whilst this was going on i was getting an advert on youtube for protea. "wooo look at our fancy new warframe and all her abilities that make her stand out as unique which you literally won't be able to use in endggame, because it's only worth using inaros or another tank!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
41 minutes ago, Black_Wolfy said:

even after restarting the game i still can't use abilities in steel path missions. and to set aside confirmation bias i've just tested them in origin and nightmare missions, no abilities there either, even after restarting the game... whatever this bug is it's brutal...

Do you by any chance have "Ability use on Selection" (or whatever its called) turned off in your control settings? Or perhaps somehow your ability keys were unbound?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

needless to say it killed any motivation i have for the game. steel path is basically just destiny. if i wanted to play destiny i'd go play destiny, but destiny is ****, the fun thing about warframe is the tactical decision making that comes with having abilities beyond shooting someone's head off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Ehh what? I'm using 6 or 7 frames, depending on the mission in steel path. I'm actually expanding the list of frames I use regularly because since are that good for specific missions.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

What? Throw adaptation on protea, cast her shield nates and there you go, a makeshift tank with rechargeable overshields. And it seriously doesn’t all come down to health, it also comes down to how you use a frame

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

First off Steel Path is not Endgame. Its Star Chart + Modifiers. That in some cases require a bit of extra effort. Almost as the game was before 2nd Dream, but not quite. I do get that vibe however from playing it.

Secondly having been working my way across the Steel Path Star chart and having only Kuva Fortress and Derelict left I have seen every WarFrame but two Banshee, and Atlas. Doesent mean they can't play it, but outside of Tanks, and Pure Nukers with some mod changes you're going to have to think about what you are doing and adjust tactics and Mod appropriately. 

I personally have been using my ESO Volt build for almost all of my Steel Path Journey. What it does not nuke it makes up for in sheer Dominating CROWD CONTROL! 

The speed at which any given Frame can complete the Steel Path is going to boil down to three things. Mods, Weapon Choice, and Player Skill/Knowledge. They all can do it, but you have to know what you are doing.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

It sounds like you are encountering some kind of bug with your powers/energy and thinking it has something to do with Steel Path? 

To be clear; everything in your arsenal works exactly the same in Steel Path; Enemies are adjusted to hit harder & be harder to kill. It is not "endgame" either, but a completely optional "hardmode", so don't feel pressured into completing it unless you enjoy a challenge. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
36 minutes ago, Black_Wolfy said:

i loaded into my first mission as Rhino, who's always the frame i pick when i'm a little scared of what is to come. and i pressed 2. nothing happened. i pressed 5, preparing to get more energy. nothing happened.

You mean abilities/operator mode literally not working? If so, you've encountered a bug. Everything works the same way it does in regular missions, except gear items have a 1 min cooldown between uses.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

First off Steel Path is not Endgame. Its Star Chart + Modifiers. That in some cases require a bit of extra effort. Almost as the game was before 2nd Dream, but not quite. I do get that vibe however from playing it.

Secondly having been working my way across the Steel Path Star chart and having only Kuva Fortress and Derelict left I have seen every WarFrame but two Banshee, and Atlas. Doesent mean they can't play it, but outside of Tanks, and Pure Nukers with some mod changes you're going to have to think about what you are doing and adjust tactics and Mod appropriately. 

I personally have been using my ESO Volt build for almost all of my Steel Path Journey. What it does not nuke it makes up for in sheer Dominating CROWD CONTROL! 

The speed at which any given Frame can complete the Steel Path is going to boil down to three things. Mods, Weapon Choice, and Player Skill/Knowledge. They all can do it, but you have to know what you are doing.

Brief respite is a popular option for squishy frames and in combination with shield gating allows for amazing tankyness. So as Magus_Tahir said, it all depends on what weapons you use and how you mod everything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
58 minutes ago, Black_Wolfy said:

i pressed 2. nothing happened. i pressed 5, preparing to get more energy. nothing happened.

Like, "I couldn't activate any abilities" nothing happened?

Abilities aren't shut off for Steel Path. I think you encountered a bug, Tenno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

i aborted and completed missions without abilities but i never got my abilitiues on the next mission. but bugs a bug IG, perhaps i was harsh then, lemme reopen the game and see if i have powers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Like, "I couldn't activate any abilities" nothing happened?

Abilities aren't shut off for Steel Path. I think you encountered a bug, Tenno.

even after restarting the game i still can't use abilities in steel path missions. and to set aside confirmation bias i've just tested them in origin and nightmare missions, no abilities there either, even after restarting the game... whatever this bug is it's brutal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Black_Wolfy said:

even after restarting the game i still can't use abilities in steel path missions. and to set aside confirmation bias i've just tested them in origin and nightmare missions, no abilities there either, even after restarting the game... whatever this bug is it's brutal...

That's super weird. IDK Tenno, maybe a support ticket or try a reinstall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
20 minutes ago, Black_Wolfy said:

even after restarting the game i still can't use abilities in steel path missions. and to set aside confirmation bias i've just tested them in origin and nightmare missions, no abilities there either, even after restarting the game... whatever this bug is it's brutal...

That is indeed a very severe bug...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, KCToxic said:

Do you by any chance have "Ability use on Selection" (or whatever its called) turned off in your control settings? Or perhaps somehow your ability keys were unbound?

don't believe so, as i only changed on setting with the advent of my new mic. i enabled voicechat but i'll check.

what in the nine hells... i must have misclicked it on when i opened up my menu to activate voice chat...

dude you're awesome.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Pretty much all of the Warframes are usable. You just need to plan for it and work with your team really well. Even if you are using something like Banshee, your team still can keep you alive as long as they know what they are doing and are armed for the situation. The Steel Path pretty much only requires you to have excellent melee weapon and you know how to play Warframe you play most of the time. Heck even Hydroid is usable on Steel Path in mission modes where killing is 100% optional. Just know what you are and your team are doing and you should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, AlendasNaro said:

Pretty much all of the Warframes are usable. You just need to plan for it and work with your team really well. Even if you are using something like Banshee, your team still can keep you alive as long as they know what they are doing and are armed for the situation. The Steel Path pretty much only requires you to have excellent melee weapon and you know how to play Warframe you play most of the time. Heck even Hydroid is usable on Steel Path in mission modes where killing is 100% optional. Just know what you are and your team are doing and you should be fine.

I think you missed the part about his Abilities not Working... its not that they were inedfective... they literally didnt Activate.

2 hours ago, Black_Wolfy said:

and i pressed 2. nothing happened. i pressed 5, preparing to get more energy. nothing happened.

See ?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I think you missed the part about his Abilities not Working... its not that they were inedfective... they literally didnt Activate.

See ?

 

Sounds like a script error because OP ended up in to a bugged state or something. Not sure though. Also just playing Warframe just because of one frame is kind of sad. I am slowly understanding why friend of mine hates Rhino with silently burning passion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 minutes ago, AlendasNaro said:

Also just playing Warframe just because of one frame is kind of sad.

I mean... maybe thats the one Warframe that person likes... nothing wrong with Having a Favourite. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I mean... maybe thats the one Warframe that person likes... nothing wrong with Having a Favourite. 

True but you kind of have to remember about burning out on Warframe and quite honestly it sounds like the OP hasn't even tried other warframes. Granted, I can be wrong but friend of mine told me that Rhino is THE warframe that is literally definition of a crutch and huge majority of newbies will be attracted to it then burn out on warframe in maybe few weeks because they decided that they don't need to learn more about the game. If Warframe would be a cake, Rhino is just one of the many layers of taste in the cake. Why not try others? Maybe you will find a new favorite.

Edited by AlendasNaro
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

For me, the amount of warframes to play has actually increased with steel path.

Even frames like Nyx Prime now have a good use. Chaos, Crowd Control, complete armor stripping...

Ash, Wukong, Saryn, Mesa, Nova, Mag, Oberon, Volt, Nezha, Protea ... they´re all awesome in SP. And that´s only the ones I´ve played so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Black_Wolfy said:

what is the point in having a cast and crew of about 40 warframes, if by endgame literally all it comes down to is health, shields and armour?

Anyone who's ever done high level survival can tell you that no amount of health, shields or armor can ultimately help you. Most long survival builds have no survivability mods on at all, or have just one, except for the very tanky frames that don't excel at anything else, but then again, you'll last longer if you don't take those frames in that case. Steel Path presents no challenge whatsoever for any frame with good weapons and a decent build. My point is, you have to think a little bit about your builds and maybe choose some other weapons.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

True but you kind of have to remember about burning out on Warframe and quite honestly it sounds like the OP hasn't even tried other warframes

Playing Any Frame other than the ones you like is exactly what Leads to burn out. 😛

3 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

Granted, I can be wrong but friend of mine told me that Rhino is THE warframe that is literally definition of a crutch and huge majority of newbies will be attracted to it then burn out on warframe in maybe few weeks because they decided that they don't need to learn more about the game.

I honestly wouldnt know... I never saw what other people saw in Rhino back when i was low MR... Trinity was my Girl most of that time. My real crutch was Octavia... she's too automated for her own Good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

. If Warframe would be a cake, Rhino is just one of the many layers of taste in the cake. Why not try others? Maybe you will find a new favorite.

He/She Probably did and decided to stick with Rhino anyway 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...