Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

90% of frames now useless by endgame?

Black_Wolfy

Question

woke up this morning, excited to get started on steel path, my interest in the game renewed beyond just finishing building the dojo, ever since unlocking steel path.

i loaded into my first mission as Rhino, who's always the frame i pick when i'm a little scared of what is to come. and i pressed 2. nothing happened. i pressed 5, preparing to get more energy. nothing happened.

what is the point in having a cast and crew of about 40 warframes, if by endgame literally all it comes down to is health, shields and armour?

wanna know the absolute funniest bit? whilst this was going on i was getting an advert on youtube for protea. "wooo look at our fancy new warframe and all her abilities that make her stand out as unique which you literally won't be able to use in endggame, because it's only worth using inaros or another tank!"

41 minutes ago, Black_Wolfy said:

even after restarting the game i still can't use abilities in steel path missions. and to set aside confirmation bias i've just tested them in origin and nightmare missions, no abilities there either, even after restarting the game... whatever this bug is it's brutal...

Do you by any chance have "Ability use on Selection" (or whatever its called) turned off in your control settings? Or perhaps somehow your ability keys were unbound?

12 hours ago, Black_Wolfy said:

woke up this morning, excited to get started on steel path, my interest in the game renewed beyond just finishing building the dojo, ever since unlocking steel path.

i loaded into my first mission as Rhino, who's always the frame i pick when i'm a little scared of what is to come. and i pressed 2. nothing happened. i pressed 5, preparing to get more energy. nothing happened.

what is the point in having a cast and crew of about 40 warframes, if by endgame literally all it comes down to is health, shields and armour?

wanna know the absolute funniest bit? whilst this was going on i was getting an advert on youtube for protea. "wooo look at our fancy new warframe and all her abilities that make her stand out as unique which you literally won't be able to use in endggame, because it's only worth using inaros or another tank!"

I have taken almost every frame into Steel Path without issue.

[edit] Oh I see it was some option. Good to know, if I ever run into the same thing :D.

4 hours ago, Black_Wolfy said:

Anyone who's ever done high level survival can tell you that no amount of health, shields or armor can ultimately help you. Most long survival builds have no survivability mods on at all, or have just one, except for the very tanky frames that don't excel at anything else, but then again, you'll last longer if you don't take those frames in that case. Steel Path presents no challenge whatsoever for any frame with good weapons and a decent build. My point is, you have to think a little bit about your builds and maybe choose some other weapons.

3 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

True but you kind of have to remember about burning out on Warframe and quite honestly it sounds like the OP hasn't even tried other warframes

Playing Any Frame other than the ones you like is exactly what Leads to burn out. 😛

3 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

Granted, I can be wrong but friend of mine told me that Rhino is THE warframe that is literally definition of a crutch and huge majority of newbies will be attracted to it then burn out on warframe in maybe few weeks because they decided that they don't need to learn more about the game.

I honestly wouldnt know... I never saw what other people saw in Rhino back when i was low MR... Trinity was my Girl most of that time. My real crutch was Octavia... she's too automated for her own Good.

8 hours ago, Black_Wolfy said:

End game? Have you found Warframe End game? Tell me where it is.

If it's soloable with Banshee, it's not hard.

What i noticed though, enemies still take several hits to kill with normal weapons you're leveling even through high strength Sonar unless you completely bypass their armor with Slash procs or finishers.

It's called Sponge Path for a reason.

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

He/She Probably did and decided to stick with Rhino anyway 😛

Just because you make a mistake on playing a warframe. Shouldn't discourage you from keeping playing it. We all make mistakes. In the normal star chart it is pretty much okay to play warframe you are currently using how you want but on steel path or dedicated farm of something it is time to switch it up to way you should play or what makes the mission go more efficiently.

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Playing Any Frame other than the ones you like is exactly what Leads to burn out. 😛

I honestly wouldnt know... I never saw what other people saw in Rhino back when i was low MR... Trinity was my Girl most of that time. My real crutch was Octavia... she's too automated for her own Good.

Octavia is debatable. Because if an ally runs past you with a Bombard rocket on it's tail, you are not going to have good time or any high damage AoE is going to give a huge headache. Otherwise, yeah, she is a bit too automated. Majority of the time friend of mine uses Octavia for spy missions or mobile defense when he wants to lock down one of the few choke points. He also enjoys Trinity but back then when raids used to be a thing he played Trinity so much that he burnt out somewhat right now he enjoys playing a bit everything. When you are trying out something else, I do not mean you are sticking with it, just play it enough to get the hang of it and then make decision whether you are going to stick with it or go back to what you liked.

45 minutes ago, AlendasNaro said:

Just because you make a mistake on playing a warframe. Shouldn't discourage you from keeping playing it. We all make mistakes. In the normal star chart it is pretty much okay to play warframe you are currently using how you want but on steel path or dedicated farm of something it is time to switch it up to way you should play or what makes the mission go more efficiently.

Where is this Talk of "Mistakes" coming from ? 😮

46 minutes ago, AlendasNaro said:

Octavia is debatable. Because if an ally runs past you with a Bombard rocket on it's tail, you are not going to have good time or any high damage AoE is going to give a huge headache

This was before Shield Gating...

The only thing that replicate this Scenario now is if you get caught in the cross fire of a Toxic Ancient.  Beyond that... As soon as your Shields Vanish you can run away from whoever or whatever it was that almost got you killed.

49 minutes ago, AlendasNaro said:

He also enjoys Trinity but back then when raids used to be a thing he played Trinity so much that he burnt out somewhat right now he enjoys playing a bit everything. When you are trying out something else, I do not mean you are sticking with it, just play it enough to get the hang of it and then make decision whether you are going to stick with it or go back to what you liked.

Yeah... how do we know OP didnt do that already ? If someone says they like Rhino I have no reason to doubt them... 

3 hours ago, Reican said:

Nah. Just depends how well you master those frames.

2 hours ago, kgabor said:

If it's soloable with Banshee, it's not hard.

What i noticed though, enemies still take several hits to kill with normal weapons you're leveling even through high strength Sonar unless you completely bypass their armor with Slash procs or finishers.

It's called Sponge Path for a reason.

Read the Actual Post... then you will see the actual problem.

12 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I mean... maybe thats the one Warframe that person likes... nothing wrong with Having a Favourite. 

True but you kind of have to remember about burning out on Warframe and quite honestly it sounds like the OP hasn't even tried other warframes. Granted, I can be wrong but friend of mine told me that Rhino is THE warframe that is literally definition of a crutch and huge majority of newbies will be attracted to it then burn out on warframe in maybe few weeks because they decided that they don't need to learn more about the game. If Warframe would be a cake, Rhino is just one of the many layers of taste in the cake. Why not try others? Maybe you will find a new favorite.

9 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I mean... maybe thats the one Warframe that person likes... nothing wrong with Having a Favourite. 

yeah! i like ivara, she's definitely my favorite warframe, and it's a shame that nobody else ever plays her but she's really good and powerful

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Where is this Talk of "Mistakes" coming from ? 😮

Yeah... how do we know OP didnt do that already ? If someone says they like Rhino I have no reason to doubt them...

Just saying that it is very likely OP might have gone through this episode where he/she felt discouraged to play another Warframe because this was struggling on learning the Warframe he started using. This very likely has happened to everybody in community at least once.

New player mentality is somewhat predictable and friend of mine has been quite surprised how many of his clan mates start talking when new weapon that is clearly overpowered gets nerfed and are upset about it when he told that it's going to get nerfed so don't invest on it too much. It is entirely possible that OP has done that but considering the tittle and the post itself. I feel somewhat comfortable in my assumption that he hasn't even played all of the warframes, learned how to play with them and experimented with stuff with them. While yes the latter is not that important for learning, it doesn't hurt to go in to the... (Okay I forgot the name of the space) Simulacrum and start experimenting with stuff when you feel like it.

6 minutes ago, AlendasNaro said:

Just saying that it is very likely OP might have gone through this episode where he/she felt discouraged to play another Warframe because this was struggling on learning the Warframe he started using. This very likely has happened to everybody in community at least once.

Well then DE should fix that with some Tutorials and not being Greedy with Energy.

7 minutes ago, AlendasNaro said:

New player mentality is somewhat predictable and friend of mine has been quite surprised how many of his clan mates start talking when new weapon that is clearly overpowered gets nerfed and are upset about it when he told that it's going to get nerfed so don't invest on it too much. It is entirely possible that OP has done that but considering the tittle and the post itself. I feel somewhat comfortable in my assumption that he hasn't even played all of the warframes, learned how to play with them and experimented with stuff with them. While yes the latter is not that important for learning, it doesn't hurt to go in to the... (Okay I forgot the name of the space) Simulacrum and start experimenting with stuff when you feel like it.

If thats the case... then they will get to it when they get to it... 

Nobody actually needs to be told try another Warframe.... the Actual problem is other Warframes are a pain in the ass to aquire.... Now granted i may gave contributed to this by selling a Loki Prime set for 300 Platinum and a Booben Prime Set for 250 Platinum.... but hey... i need that platinum to buy sets of my own 😛 

5 hours ago, Chakrasa said:

shame that nobody else ever plays her

She is quite popular in spy missions aside from Loki and Wukong. plus she is the best frame for the riven challenge "survival with enemies at level 30 or higher and kill nobody" as she can just go invisible for the whole time. Not to mention she gets mained by hunters for her sleep arrow. In fact, I think she is one of the more used stealth frames.

On 2020-07-25 at 11:46 PM, Reican said:

She is quite popular in spy missions aside from Loki and Wukong. plus she is the best frame for the riven challenge "survival with enemies at level 30 or higher and kill nobody" as she can just go invisible for the whole time. Not to mention she gets mained by hunters for her sleep arrow. In fact, I think she is one of the more used stealth frames.

I love Ivara myself, the joy of modding for Infiltrate then RP'ing as Predator from the movies is way too fun. I don't really rate Loki yet as a Stealth frame despite how many claim him or Wu as de facto on Spy missions... Ivara is a reward for Stealth for reasons 😋

On 2020-07-25 at 6:08 PM, Chakrasa said:

yeah! i like ivara, she's definitely my favorite warframe, and it's a shame that nobody else ever plays her but she's really good and powerful

Infiltrator- mod her for it and you become Predator from the movies. I find a silenced Nukor (Kuva is better), Javlok/Scourge and Falcor/Xoris all set with Silencers- reeeeally thematically fit and is so much fun. Best results- use Zenurik or its Waybounds and Energy Siphon w/ Aura enhancement Exilus for max lols 😋

needless to say it killed any motivation i have for the game. steel path is basically just destiny. if i wanted to play destiny i'd go play destiny, but destiny is ****, the fun thing about warframe is the tactical decision making that comes with having abilities beyond shooting someone's head off.

Archived