Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I personally think Warframe has a boss problem.

GAleX-2712

2 hours ago, GAleX-2712 said:

And mind if I ask, what do you mean by ads of the bosses? 

"Ads" means Additional Enemies. In alot of Boss Fights in Warframe these enemies pose more of a threat and get in the way of the Boss Fight itself...

2 hours ago, akrid45 said:

That's what happens when you can just 1 hit everything 

If you have RNG Based Rewards then the game is kinda begging you to one shot everything... these issues would literally be less of a problem if you didnt have to do a Boss Fight a minimum of 3 Times to a Maximum of infinity just to get a single Warframe.

For a example... I think the new Jackal Boss rework is good... however Im an MR 26 player with everysingle Weapon and Warframe so my perspective of that fight is going to be drasrically different from someone who just wants Rhino Systems or whichever of the Rhino parts is the Rare Drop.

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I think you need to experiment with different methods of killing each boss. Your chief con shall we say, seems to revolve around bosses moving too quickly. SLOW THEM DOWN.

Unfortunately not all of us play Slowva or have Zenurik's Temporal Blast so this really isnt an Option for Us... i mean its an option for me but Im hardcore Booben + Naramon till i die.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

sure, Bosses tend to look cool but the actual Gameplay in them more often than not is waiting rather than doing something.

This...

Actually the waiting wouldnt even be so bad if there was some kinda of pattern to it... nope... in Warframe the waiting is literally just RNG... maybe Ruk will open his weak point in 2 seconds... maybe he will do in 60 seconds... you just dont know.

Same goes for

Lephantis/Hemocyte

Tyl Reggor

Councillor Vay Hek

Razorback (lets be honest,  those bursas are bssically RNG)

Exploiter Orb

#*!%ing Mutalist #*!%ing Salad #*!%ing V

Numerous Junction Specters

Kela De Thayme

Whatever the Discount Jackal Boss is in Void Sabotage is...

And so on...

1 hour ago, GAleX-2712 said:

I didn't mention Phorid because tbh - I think all of us can't really see how much of a problem Phorid is, he's just a big red charger. DE *tries* to make him threatening but it just really falls flat. 

Eggcelent... I can one shot him then move on with my Life.

This is Great Boss Design in my Oppinion... Every Boss in an RNG Game should be like this 😛

Boss mecanics are a bit dated due to the development of the Tenno arsenal. Phases can be okay, but having time dependent phases is a hassle due to the natural pacing of the game. I like the notion of tagging weak spots or keeping priority support hostiles down to move through phases. Even dong small puzzles in between phases could be okay.

We have a really varied arsenal, why not make us use them as a whole? Maybe a rotational debuff disabling all but one (primary, secondary, melee, archgun, and operator weapons) and adjusting the expected damage input for that type to the boss specifically. 

As a curve ball, why not have bosses deal a percentile of HP as damage in addition to a standard quantity. Face tanking with Inaros is great and all but specifically for boss fights, tanking (which has nothing to do with actually taking the damage for someone else in Warframe's context) makes pretty much all fights a joke (make a sandwich, come back, throw some pocket sand, omnomnom).

Non-kill boss solutions. Yeah, we assassinate things as space ninjas, but why not offer a harder more rewarding capture, interrogate, passive resolution option as an alternate way of concluding boss fights? Also, we're space ninjas, why isn't there a full stealth option for assassination missions?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

Boss mecanics are a bit dated due to the development of the Tenno arsenal. Phases can be okay, but having time dependent phases is a hassle due to the natural pacing of the game. I like the notion of tagging weak spots or keeping priority support hostiles down to move through phases. Even dong small puzzles in between phases could be okay.

We have a really varied arsenal, why not make us use them as a whole? Maybe a rotational debuff disabling all but one (primary, secondary, melee, archgun, and operator weapons) and adjusting the expected damage input for that type to the boss specifically. 

As a curve ball, why not have bosses deal a percentile of HP as damage in addition to a standard quantity. Face tanking with Inaros is great and all but specifically for boss fights, tanking (which has nothing to do with actually taking the damage for someone else in Warframe's context) makes pretty much all fights a joke (make a sandwich, come back, throw some pocket sand, omnomnom).

Non-kill boss solutions. Yeah, we assassinate things as space ninjas, but why not offer a harder more rewarding capture, interrogate, passive resolution option as an alternate way of concluding boss fights? Also, we're space ninjas, why isn't there a full stealth option for assassination missions?

Good idea!

The Ropi loli too quick? I don't think that checks out.

I think personally that most of the fights are completely fine. Except Hyena and Sergant. These two are just terrible. I especially don't get why De is ignoring the Sergant.

They either just don't care or there's a plan for replacing him but they didn't get to it yet. There was a concept art or something like that about a Nef Anyo fight once.

Oh and let me bring up Phorid. He's right there next to the Sergant. A complete joke of a fight. There are no unique mechanics and there's no challenge in it.

Personally the biggest problem I have with a number of the fights is that their damage phases are completely random.  Just gotta stand around, waiting and hoping that they do that one thing that makes them vulnerable for a half second.  Bosses being invulnerable isn't itself a problem.  The fact that there's no pattern or player agency to it is the problem.

1 hour ago, Aadi880 said:

Lynx.
Also appears in some Grinner spy missions if you trigger the alarm.

Are you sure its Lynx ? 

I thought Lynx was just the one in Grinneer Spy and the Void Sabotage one had a different name.

3 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Can be simple as this. Bosses can one shot players with certain attacks that are devastating. The boss have weapons that can teach insolent tennos some manners. 

Ah yes, one shot mechanics when this playerbase threw a fit over getting their back broken by a Lich. DE doesn't add these things because this playerbase can't handle them. It's waiting out timers and one shotting until the end of time for Warframe basically. Just look at all the negativity revolving around the Profit-Taker, which is in my opinion, the most well designed boss in the game.

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Ah yes, one shot mechanics when this playerbase threw a fit over getting their back broken by a Lich. DE doesn't add these things because this playerbase can't handle them. It's waiting out timers and one shotting until the end of time for Warframe basically. Just look at all the negativity revolving around the Profit-Taker, which is in my opinion, the most well designed boss in the game.

I ask kindly, what makes Profit-Taker a great boss for your side? Because I myself haven't fought em yet but I heard a lot of controversy about it and I want to hear the side that likes it first. 

4 hours ago, GAleX-2712 said:

I think what can make a boss challenging is that it can trial the attributes of the player or in the boss mission's case, can reflect the attributes of the frames you get from them. For the bosses of Warframe.. there's barely any challenge to one attribute - It doesn't give anything like for say, you are forced without something important and need to prove your strength without that various thing important. 

Well said. Imagine if a boss tested our parkour abilities, or our aiming or melee skills? All three? Timing, pattern recognition, reflexes, heck, even proper gear check (elemental strengths and weaknesses for example). If the Boss moves too fast, use Zenurik Void blast to slow it down, or Electricity to stun for a few seconds to deal a fatal blow or something.

8 minutes ago, Voltage said:

How is an RNG Knockdown Fest the literally only a single Warframe does better than every other Warframe by a significant Margin... Well Designed ?

You have low standards for Bosses.

7 minutes ago, GAleX-2712 said:

I ask kindly, what makes Profit-Taker a great boss for your side? Because I myself haven't fought em yet but I heard a lot of controversy about it and I want to hear the side that likes it first. 

The way the Profit Taker works is... It has a unique shield that changes its weakness to any one of all the existing damage types in the game, except Void Damage... Void Damage merely forces the Shield Weakness to change without needing to be Damage.

Its other Characteristics is it has these Panels which not only block off damage but these Panels will Expanded outward Rapidly and knock you down. You can avoid those but the ads can screw up your timing.

It also has Undodgeable Tracking Missiles... 

A lazer that it can fire through its own ass.

And ofcourse a Slam Attack that emits 3 Magnetic Waves with a 100% Proc Chance because apparently we didnt have enough Bull S#&$ to deal with Already. 

Now lets go over the ads.... Imagine every single annoying Enemy from Fortuna.... These are the ads for this Boss Fight... most of them capable of blindsiding you with Knock Downs from every direction. 

In Addition to this... The Ads Will be replaced by instant Teleportation if you kill any of them... for some reason DE wantz them there at all times.

And lastly These Ads will drop Reinforcement Beacons that will summon even more annoying enenies like the Raknoids, The Terra Jackal and The Nullifier Drone... one of these is also a Shield Drone THAT GIVES THE PROFIT TAKER SHIELD GATING. because thats what this tanky son of a *@##$ needs. More Shields !!!

In any case... once youve navigated this mess and removed its shields you can then deal Damage directly to the Profit Taker's Health.... the catch is you have to use your archgun... normal weapons are disabled because Reasons....

Anyway... once you do that The Profit Taker will erect some Pylons (which are covered by a indestructible shield preventing you from destroying them from far away) to regenerate its shields. Destroy those then Rinse and Repeat the whole process.

When the Profit Taker summons Pylons for the 2nd Time... a count down Timer is added. If you dont kill The Profit Taker before it reaches 0 then it will become permanently invulnerable and you fail the bounty.

Upon successfully defeating The Profit Taker... you will get 1 mission reward and the rest of your rewards will fall out of The Profit Taker's Ass... you only have few seconds to pick up your rewards before the Profit Taker self Destructs.... if you dont grab the loot... the Explosion destroys the loot... 

Why ?

Because #*!% You and your efforts... at least thats what it says to me.

Anyway thats The Profit Taker Fight. 

You can do it with Any Warframe but Chroma is the superior option by a mile because of the Way Vex Armor interacts with Weapons, allowing you to spare one slot to add another Element. That plus survivability (with the help of strong Arcanes, Chroma is actually very squishy in this specific fight even at 1000%+ Scorn from Vex Armor)

2 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I like the newer bosses with interesting mechanics but yeah a lot of the older ones are kinda unappealing.

Fair enough, I can agree that the newer bosses have some interesting mechanics.

1 minute ago, GAleX-2712 said:

Fair enough, I can agree that the newer bosses have some interesting mechanics.

Seems like a lot of the older bosses do a poor job of telling you what to do, like hey shoot this tube on his back or else he's invincible or some other vague thing that you really don't know unless you've either figured it out though trial an error or have done it before.

5 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Seems like a lot of the older bosses do a poor job of telling you what to do, like hey shoot this tube on his back or else he's invincible or some other vague thing that you really don't know unless you've either figured it out though trial an error or have done it before.

Well said. 

il y a 9 minutes, xcrimsonlegendx a dit :

Well, Warframe was indeed a much simpler game at that time when those were introduced.

However, even then, I don't understand the design philosophy of Krill.

At least with Sargus Ruk, there would a blue light shining which would tell the player that you need to do something now. But Krill literally has nothing....

16 hours ago, Voltage said:

Ah yes, one shot mechanics when this playerbase threw a fit over getting their back broken by a Lich.

Indeed.

I'm going blunt here. This player base is rewarded like a child constantly. They don't want to taste defeat when defeat is part of life in everything we do. This game established a placebo that made players be entitled/ Always I see them throwing tantrum thot fits when they get their ass spanked. 

You know what? DE should get naughty and defeat their ass more often so they enter in a zone called skill and analysis. Pampered toddlers will not do anything to improve their play style. I always enjoyed the Lich breaking our backs when they defeat us. That was amazing but some snowflake pussies ruined it. It was thrown away. 

DE doesn't add these things because this playerbase can't handle them. It's waiting out timers and one shotting until the end of time for Warframe basically. Just look at all the negativity revolving around the Profit-Taker, which is in my opinion, the most well designed boss in the game.

Can you imagine those players in Blood borne, Dark Souls series, Sekiro or Daemon souls? 

4 hours ago, GAleX-2712 said:

Nobody else ever had problems with him so I'm not really sure about that one.

OBJECTION!

I hate Lephantis with every fiber of my body, specifically because of Sorties and the damage cap per hit.

I'm aware that there are ways around that, but it being a 2 phase thing makes it pointlessly long, repeat of the same two things, also most of the fight is spent waiting for it to attack so it can be hurt.

As an addendum I am more partial to fights like Ropalolyst, New Jackal and Exploiter, even Zeloid wasn't that bad, I just don't like things like Lephantis because I spend more time doing nothing than actually fighting.

Archived