Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I personally think Warframe has a boss problem.

GAleX-2712

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

I'm aware that there are ways around that, but it being a 2 phase thing makes it pointlessly long, repeat of the same two things, also most of the fight is spent waiting for it to attack so it can be hurt.

Is it really that hard? Granted it repeats the same moves as Phase 1 but all heads are presented to you and you just need a strong gun when shooting it. It's like a Resident Evil boss. 

5 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I always enjoyed the Lich breaking or backs when they defeat us. That was amazing but some snowflake pussies ruined it. It was thrown away. 

I agree with most of what you said, but not this. The back breaking thing was pointless. We were killed for something we really had no control over. It added nothing and was annoying. I would be perfectly fine with it, if DE could give some reason for it. For example, the Lich does that animations and learns one of our skills. It felt like the whole point in it was to cost us affinity, for no reason other than to be annoying.

OP, most bosses are pretty terrible. There is definitely a “boss problem”. But the first step in solving that is reworking the player gear.

Just now, GAleX-2712 said:

Is it really that hard? Granted it repeats the same moves as Phase 1 but all heads are presented to you and you just need a strong gun when shooting it. It's like a Resident Evil boss. 

Not hard, BORING.

It is one of the single most boring, dragged out, time wasters of all bosses in Warframe, second only to the Wolf of Saturn Six who could be defeated by walking backwards and shooting him.

Nothing about the fight has any form of engagement, it is ridiculously easy to avoid and only takes time because of all the dead space in the fight waiting for it to pop up from the ground and flail around uselessly.

2 hours ago, GAleX-2712 said:

I ask kindly, what makes Profit-Taker a great boss for your side? Because I myself haven't fought em yet but I heard a lot of controversy about it and I want to hear the side that likes it first. 

The fight is punishing with the wrong setup, and rewards creativity. It has shields that require specific damage types, so using Kuva Nukor with Magnetic, Exodia Contagion, and usually the Zenith (for shooting Pylons) allows you to cover all these bases. The Archgun mechanic isn't my favorite thing about it, but the way it rewards you (really well mind you) for having a good loadout and put in a good deal of effort feels great compared to other bosses.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

How is an RNG Knockdown Fest the literally only a single Warframe does better than every other Warframe by a significant Margin... Well Designed ?

RNG? Do you mean on damage type rotations? I cover all damage types in my runs like a good build should, and the fight rewards you for optimizing.

Knockdowns can be dealt with in numerous ways. Primed Sure Footed and Oberon are the notably effective methods here.

Do you mean Chroma? Mirage competes with him during warm cycles in Orb Vallis, and Chroma is just a great buff. 

The boss is well designed in my opinion because of how it treats the player based on your loadout. It's very fun when you get really good rewards for brining the right setup, and having difficulty when you don't.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

You have low standards for Bosses.

What's a high standard? Scripted cutscenes? The Exploiter Orb? The reworked Jackal that is exactly the same as the old fight but with a bunch of scripted phases to make it last longer? Real engaging gameplay. /s

My main problem with Warframe bosses is a lot are locked to a in game tile. If they had made bosses able to exist anywhere they could use them and make better modes with bosses added in.

They way they have them locked to tiles means that work they put in only gets so much use before they fade away.

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Unfortunately not all of us play Slowva or have Zenurik's Temporal Blast so this really isnt an Option for Us... i mean its an option for me but Im hardcore Booben + Naramon till i die.

Frost, CC abilities, limbo stasis, magus lockdown etc get creative 🙂

6 hours ago, krc473 said:

The back breaking thing was pointless. We were killed for something we really had no control over.

In war you don't have control over the outcome. It's time that players experience that feeling. This game pampers too much people. 

6 hours ago, krc473 said:

It added nothing and was annoying. I would be perfectly fine with it, if DE could give some reason for it. For example, the Lich does that animations and learns one of our skills. It felt like the whole point in it was to cost us affinity, for no reason other than to be annoying.

It's a discomfort knowing when someone beat your ass while other players Tbag you. But you see that's part of the deal and the laughs. If you don't want that then do your mission alone. 

But such interesting event was taken out due to such snowflakes. 

7 hours ago, Voltage said:

DE doesn't add these things because this playerbase can't handle them.

Just look at all the negativity revolving around the Profit-Taker, which is in my opinion, the most well designed boss in the game.

i don't even really want it anyways. that doesn't make the encounter more interesting.

Profit Taker is pretty alright other than pretty much everything spamming Knockdowns and that Profit Takers' belly Turret can shoot through the Terrain, yeah.
Magnetic Status isn't great either but i guess they want to consume one of our Arcane Slots for the encounter.

but the actual mechanics for the encounter, are pretty alright, yes. 

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

literally only a single Warframe does better than every other Warframe by a significant Margin

if you're going to say Chroma, i'm going to laugh at you for talking without knowing.

You can do it with Any Warframe but Chroma is the superior option by a mile because of the Way Vex Armor interacts with Weapons, allowing you to spare one slot to add another Element. That plus survivability (with the help of strong Arcanes, Chroma is actually very squishy in this specific fight even at 1000%+ Scorn from Vex Armor)

oh yep, you were going to say Chroma. 
nope. Chroma is good if you're in an organized Squad that's standing near each other to share the buffs, elsewise pretty much everything is the same.
Vex Armor doesn't let you add another Damage Type, you have a maximum number of Damage Types that you can have per Weapon and you hit it with or without Vex Armor.

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

The Ads Will be replaced by instant Teleportation if you kill any of them... for some reason DE wantz them there at all times.

one of these is also a Shield Drone THAT GIVES THE PROFIT TAKER SHIELD GATING.

the Enemies that Spawn are your source of Energy, Ammo, Archgun Ammo, as well as many types of active mechanics that one might have specced for that requires Kills or Headshots or anything else that you'd be normally doing in Combat.
without having Enemies there, a lot less Equipment would be viable.

why would that even matter even if it was true? the Shield and Health Phase are time separated, it doesn't have Shields in the Health Phase.
even if a Shield Osprey would give Profit Taker gating, it would have literally no impact on the encounter.

4 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

In war you don't have control over the outcome.

Daily reminder that THIS IS A VIDEO GAME, which is considered RECREATIONAL ENTERTAINMENT.

Much like the reason why people don't play baseball with active hand grenades, people don't play video games for the random chance of getting maimed outside of their control.

15 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

In war you don't have control over the outcome. It's time that players experience that feeling. This game pampers too much people. 

It's a discomfort knowing when someone beat your ass while other players Tbag you. But you see that's part of the deal and the laughs. If you don't want that then do your mission alone. 

But such interesting event was taken out due to such snowflakes. 

What are you talking about? Its a game, and meant to be fun. DE has to "pamper people" or people will quit.

• The Lich thing was poorly implemented. Done in a different way it would have been fine. But having it removed is better than keeping what we had.

19 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Daily reminder that THIS IS A VIDEO GAME, which is considered RECREATIONAL ENTERTAINMENT.

Much like the reason why people don't play baseball with active hand grenades, people don't play video games for the random chance of getting maimed outside of their control.

That analogy doesn't work, sorry. 

A Lich beating your ass is recreational entertainment. Why? Because everything is all fiction. The thrill of being owned by a Lich makes the encounter funny and unpredictable. 

Why all of the sudden we see a legion of snowflakes going full crybaby when they get maimed? Are people getting this touchy? Really? 

18 minutes ago, krc473 said:

What are you talking about? Its a game, and meant to be fun. DE has to "pamper people" or people will quit.

Entitled players ruins games. 

18 minutes ago, krc473 said:
  • The Lich thing was poorly implemented. Done in a different way it would have been fine. But having it removed is better than keeping what we had.

I had more fun with the first mechanics because that makes people think that not every time there will be success. 

Pretty sure there worst part of Warframe bosses are their dangerously bad monologues. They are so bad, that they can bleed players if the sound of combat doesn't wash them out and make them unintelligible, since they run them over gameplay. There's an extremely high risk of Alt+F4 every time they speak.

Beyond that, the speed of all of these bosses have to contend with effects like Novas MP or Rhinos Stomp. Even when they're fast, they aren't that fast. I don't like Iframes, but given the dramatic disparity between new players encountering these bosses and old players dumping pocket nukes over their head, it's the "only" way to extend the encounter without nerfing players. 

Some polish and transparency would definitely help, but I don't think most of these need to change. Well... sergeant could use a gimmick. 

1 hour ago, BahamutKaiser said:

Pretty sure there worst part of Warframe bosses are their dangerously bad monologues. They are so bad, that they can bleed players if the sound of combat doesn't wash them out and make them unintelligible, since they run them over gameplay. There's an extremely high risk of Alt+F4 every time they speak.

Oh tell me about it, I see people complaining about Vay Hek's dialogue in his fight or just in general. 

18 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Indeed.

I'm going blunt here. This player base is rewarded like a child constantly. They don't want to taste defeat when defeat is part of life in everything we do. This game established a placebo that made players be entitled/ Always I see them throwing tantrum thot fits when they get their ass spanked. 

You know what? DE should get naughty and defeat their ass more often so they enter in a zone called skill and analysis. Pampered toddlers will not do anything to improve their play style. I always enjoyed the Lich breaking or backs when they defeat us. That was amazing but some snowflake pussies ruined it. It was thrown away. 

Can you imagine those players in Blood borne, Dark Souls series, Sekiro or Daemon souls? 

I cannot agree more with this. How I wish the game would do this

This thread was brought to my attention and I feel the need to weigh in as I am currently the world record holder for Profit-Taker solo runs.

I recommend everyone that dislikes Profit-Taker to have a look at my guide: The six principles of Profit-Taker so they can see that nearly all of their concerns can be alleviated with proper builds, after which they can enjoy the fight.

Many things that people in this thread list as the issues that they have with the fight are addressed in some way shape or form in the guide, but I'll go ahead and clear up some misconceptions here too:

Shield Ospreys don't shield gate, but they can heavily disrupt the flow of combat by providing shields in the middle of an armour phase.

The Profit-Taker fight is not unrewarding. It gives 125k credits, which can be doubled with Chroma's effigy to 250k, further doubled by a personal credit booster to 500k and boosted even more by thermia events/double credit weekends/smeeta charm procs. This makes it the best credit farm in the game, and in my opinion, also the most enjoyable.

That said, if you wish to optimize the fight for credits, you will always be pigeonholed into playing Chroma because only he can double the credit drops. However, you can obviously play in squads and hope another tenno brings Chroma.

In practice, I'd agree with the statement that one frame is better than the rest for the above reason. However, if you ignore that, you can at least use two different frames, as the world world record run is done using Mirage which is 6 seconds faster than the best Chroma run. If you are willing to give up a bit of efficiency, you can get away with playing nearly any frame as Nash Prime demonstrates in his playlist where he kills Profit-Taker with 33 different frames (so far) with good clear speeds.

The Profit-Taker fight IS a knockdown fest, UNLESS you mod for it. So MOD FOR IT. Don't use Handspring, use knockdown resist. For more on this, read the guide I linked above.

The Profit-Taker fight IS riddled with adds, UNTIL you start destroying the beacons, so DESTROY THE BEACONS.

The Profit-Taker's armour phase can only be taken out with arch-guns, which isn't a problem once you mod your arch-gun, SO MOD YOUR ARCH-GUN WELL. More on this in the guide. Also, they have a good lore reason for forcing arch-guns AND it makes sense to require arch-guns if you introduce arch-gun deployers in that very boss-fight. I will concede that it's rather annoying that you cannot acquire many of the mods you would like to use before you do the fight a few times unless you trade for them. However, this is a common practice with bosses accross all games, so I don't think we can fault DE for that.

The Profit-Taker does destroy its loot if you don't manage to pick it up in 30 seconds to about a minute. I'm not exactly sure how long you have, but if you cannot get the loot in 30 seconds then I don't know what it is you are doing. Maybe your loot gets blown up the first time, but even a donkey doesn't fall in the same hole twice.

So, read the guide, mod well, and have fun with the best designed fight in the game. (I'm biased)

14 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Indeed.

I'm going blunt here. This player base is rewarded like a child constantly. They don't want to taste defeat when defeat is part of life in everything we do. This game established a placebo that made players be entitled/ Always I see them throwing tantrum thot fits when they get their ass spanked. 

You know what? DE should get naughty and defeat their ass more often so they enter in a zone called skill and analysis. Pampered toddlers will not do anything to improve their play style. I always enjoyed the Lich breaking or backs when they defeat us. That was amazing but some snowflake pussies ruined it. It was thrown away. 

Can you imagine those players in Blood borne, Dark Souls series, Sekiro or Daemon souls? 

I wonder how getting one-shotted by RNG helps anyone build skill. Do you have any explanation for this statement?

I also don't remember Bloodborne or dark souls having any one-shot garbage in it and it surely had no RNG in combat. You shouldn't randomly compare games which you don't know anything about.

5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I cannot agree more with this. How I wish the game would do this

Heh! Make it so every enemy shot has a chance to one-shot your warframe. When it dies, the operator gets pulled out and if you die as the operator, it's game over and you have to start the entire game again from the beginnig. Fun, right?

9 hours ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

Heh! Make it so every enemy shot has a chance to one-shot your warframe. When it dies, the operator gets pulled out and if you die as the operator, it's game over and you have to start the entire game again from the beginnig. Fun, right?

If you're not going to contribute anything worthwhile, feel free not to quote me thanks.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

I wonder how getting one-shotted by RNG helps anyone build skill. Do you have any explanation for this statement?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

I also don't remember Bloodborne or dark souls having any one-shot garbage in it and it surely had no RNG in combat. You shouldn't randomly compare games which you don't know anything about.

Image - 31356] | Baww | Know Your Meme

Sorry you forced my hand. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

So, no explanation? As expected...

I think what he meant by that is that you're not worth the time to explain to. And I agree, which is why I'm putting you on ignore. Go ahead and quote me all you like, I can't see it and I won't get pinged by it.

Archived