Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will De's Development Discourage You From Buying Any Plat?

DitsyPixie

Edit: New poll: http://kwiqpoll.com/p/yf8l58/

Personally I don't consider buying any more plat even if they revert some of the recent major screw-ups, because I simply lost faith in DE's abilities as developer and don't think anymore that they will be able to keep the interest of any players in the long run.

The game is still only a glorified lottery and not much more.

Edit2: Some more detailed feedback; i already posted it in this thread but will copy this into my opening to make it more visible:

Well, things like these don't seem like a big thing and arguably they aren't but they certainly can be the straw that broke the camel's back. In my case most of my gaming friends have stopped WF because they can't stand the deep-rooted reliance on lottery and the game's extremely repetitious nature anymore.

A lot of the longtime players in my clan also seem to have stopped and the amount of our regular players is falling even more.

I reached one of my last "personal quests/diversion" (acquiring every mod that is in the loot tables / transmuting tables atm) and well... with DE not displaying any vision for how "endgame" should look like in sight my interest in the game was thin enough as it is...

If under these circumstances  they make changes to a mod that costs 1.5 mil worth of fusion cores to max that completely change the areas of application... well lets say it seems to be the last straw for me.

It wouldn't be a big deal for me if they would have introduced a minimum recoil which the mod enforces (even it that minimum was pretty huge). Recoil can be counteracted etc, and it would be still in line with the mods name. But changing it in a way that completely makes it useless for areas of application that were viable before?(sniping etc) Making players input matter even less? Now the RNG is literally playing the game for you!

And in general the problem is that the recent incidents only continue trends that have been going on for a while now:

-RNG and mod drop rates getting even more out of hand

-lack of transparency and proper information

-lack of communication

While other core issues are still at hand

-lobby/matchmaking issues (actually these have been getting worse too)

-horrendous AI

-repetitious nature

-too few enemy types, especially archtypes that truly change the flow of gameplay

-DE still only relies only on binary fail states for their gameplay mechanics

Edited by DitsyPixie
Edited out 3rd party poll

I'm with Toaman the only screw up I remember is the Forma goof, which they made up for by

A)  Apologizing

B)  Giving everyone 50 plat

C)  Making Forma way too common from void because now I have difficulty getting the prime parts.

Encryption is well within their IP rights and Heavy Caliber now requires you to weigh the consequences, although I do agree that they should reset everyones' Heavy Caliber mod and refund people the cores and platinum used.

Edited by Mega_Tyrant

I'm with Toaman the only screw up I remember is the Forma goof, which they made up for by

A)  Apologizing

C)  Making Forma way too common from void because now I have difficulty getting the prime parts.

Forma being common isn't away from prime stuff. There has always been one part of any prime doodad that is 11%. It's still 63% chance of NOT getting forma. And even then there's never enough forma.

Hmm i've had my account for quite awhile now and only recently came back to the game. Everyday i come onto these forums and there's always someone new complaining about the same thing. I read the apology letter that DE put out but people just can't seem to let it go. =/

I just don't understand. They made a mistake and it seems like they're trying to make up for it. Some people are just ruthless.

A)  Apologizing

S...screw ups?

What screw ups? Please list me the screw ups, I'm actually drawing a blank here (aside from that one thing they apologized for).

Off hand: First "voidgate" (where latron P's receiver was like 0.67% chance), "defensegate" (where hellfire was in the table twice), ash, where they'd keep breaking his ult over and over (despite saying it was fixed), RNG walls (void being an example, the OD keys originally required 10k salvage, 3k circuits), saying one thing, doing another (i.e. saying "We want to reduce the grind", then adding in the void).

Hmm i've had my account for quite awhile now and only recently came back to the game. Everyday i come onto these forums and there's always someone new complaining about the same thing. I read the apology letter that DE put out but people just can't seem to let it go. =/

I just don't understand. They made a mistake and it seems like they're trying to make up for it. Some people are just ruthless.

Saying you're sorry is well and fine, but it's also easy and cheap to do, what the people want were, y'know, actions that show they're committed to changing.

Well that poll looks like it backfired on the OP.

it's 15 to 14, favor of "not buying plat" with 5(?) people saying they never considered it think, so it's close.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Participants that wish to say "yes" are now forced into attributing to one of your predetermined reasons which may not be the case, especially considering "RNG rockets" is ambiguous/confusing. Removing poll, several threads have come and gone where people contribute to this question with "yes or no", which will have to suffice in this case.

Personally I don't consider buying any more plat even if they revert some of the recent major screw-ups, because I simply lost faith in DE's abilities as developer and don't think anymore that they will be able to keep the interest of any players in the long run.

The game is still only a glorified lottery, but without the real illusion/fantasy of hitting the jackpot and getting rich overnight.

I have no idea what OP is talking about?

Honestly I've seen a continuous upward trend with what I'd consider a normal amount of issues and bugs, and a very swift resolution for most bugs, with larger things getting much more considered attention, like 'armor 2.0'.

I wish you'd had a "DE has surpassed my expectations" category on your poll.

Encrypted droptables? This is even a thing?

EULA: "You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:"..."b.     reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise derive source code or game data from the Software or reduce the Software to a human-readable form".

So, your complaint is... "Gosh, it's harder for me to break the EULA than I think it should be", and that's somehow a "last straw"? Wow. That's some funky, funky logic.

No,

Not until there is more transparency. 

Im not going to blindly throw my hard earned money into the void (no pun intended).

If DE wants me to gamble with my money, I want to know what my odds of winning are.

I also want those odds to be checked on by a 3rd party for legitimacy.

But you need a large sample size to have reliable information. Sometimes even seeing that x amount of people disagree/agree with whatever is enough to either open communications even more or to stay on track. 

But hey doesn't matter poll got removed for reasons unknown.

Not true

Edited by Seanjuju

EULA: "You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:"..."b.     reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise derive source code or game data from the Software or reduce the Software to a human-readable form".

So, your complaint is... "Gosh, it's harder for me to break the EULA than I think it should be", and that's somehow a "last straw"? Wow. That's some funky, funky logic.

The reason it was there was because the drop tables were used recently to point out errors with DE's drop tables (despite them saying the tables were fine), and DE had been saying they'll be more open/better at communicating, then proceed to encrypt the drop tables.

I'll agree with vladiko2 on one point. If you feel the game has become a bore and/or lost it's fun factor for you, then just don't buy any more plat or investments. 

If you bought anything previoulsy and are now mad because X, well, you have every right to be mad. If you wish to help improve the game, constructive criticism is welcome.

But hey doesn't matter poll got removed for reasons unknown.

Participants that wish to say "yes" are now forced into attributing to one of your predetermined reasons which may not be the case, especially considering "RNG rockets" is ambiguous/confusing. Removing poll, several threads have come and gone where people contribute to this question with "yes or no", which will have to suffice in this case.

That's reasoning enough in my book.

That's reasoning enough in my book.

Not that it makes any difference but I'm going to have to question that decision. Do you know what it looks like when she removed that poll? People are already negative, negative people make negative assumptions. They will probably think that the poll reflected DE in a negative light and got removed because of that. They view any reasoning as excuses. 

I mean I saw the poll I think it was pretty even. with slightly leaning on positive. But people who didn't see it are now making assumptions.

Edited by General_Krull

I back DE 100%   While my opinion may differ from others, I love this game and always have, ive stated before I came from bl and bl2 so to be honest, the " grind" is not bad for me.   I like the challenge of finding what I want, its an experience for me.  As for the more recent "heavy Calibur" mod and all of the recent dual stat pos+ neg- mods, I welcome the change, guess what? you want more damage you have to sacrifice something, don't like it? don't equip it. people seriously cant believe that they were going to get +160% some damage for absolutely no drawbacks whatsoever.  The mods that make the acrid like a shotgun? People are complaining about this? seriously?  That's twice as much cc as the acrid was origionally getting, its freaking awesome.  As for the ,misakes in the past? I appreciate the apologies, that 50 plat, the fixes.  All of that is 100 times more than some of even the big non f2p game companies do.  So.. Unless they really just ungodly screw this game up (which I seriously doubt will happen) Ill stay here doing what ive done since day one, play, make new friends, meet new people, help others.

Honestly I've seen a continuous upward trend with what I'd consider a normal amount of issues and bugs, and a very swift resolution for most bugs, with larger things getting much more considered attention, like 'armor 2.0'.

I wish you'd had a "DE has surpassed my expectations" category on your poll.

this, so much this as well

Anyway, as to the question in the OP, no. It hasn't discouraged me from buying plat. Mainly because I'm able to take DE's actions into account on the whole.

There are things I don't like. There are things I would like to see given higher priority (lore - like how we still don't have Vor's Arid Fear victory message in the lore menu and the general paucity of lore). And yet DE has shown to my satisfaction that they're willing to listen to the community. Armor 2.0 came about solely because the community lobbying them, and from what Steve posted in the council it looks like it's going to be a major rework and it's pretty awesome.

I wouldn't say it's DE's development which discourages me from giving them a penny more than I did back during Update 5, but rather the game itself.  Until I see some depth, and more realistic market prices for that matter, I'll economize with what plat I have left.

I'll agree with vladiko2 on one point. If you feel the game has become a bore and/or lost it's fun factor for you, then just don't buy any more plat or investments. 

If you bought anything previoulsy and are now mad because X, well, you have every right to be mad. If you wish to help improve the game, constructive criticism is welcome.

I do not wish to be antagonistic, but a lot of the community has been providing constructive criticism and feedback in the form of suggestions and ideas.

Aside from those threads being locked, there has been no response, just silence or deflection.

A lot of people are waiting with bated breath for the Livestream tomorrow, to see if any of it has been taken on board and perhaps have some discussion about why certain things have been done, and what the future may hold.

People who have spent money on this game, and enjoyed playing it for 6 months or more have an emotional investment in the longevity and success of this game.

After "The Apology" a lot of people started to hope there might be a change for the better.

Those same people are realizing that, if anything, things are only going to get worse

Edited by Kinderghast

Not that it makes any difference but I'm going to have to question that decision. Do you know what it looks like when she removed that poll? People are already negative, negative people make negative assumptions. They will probably think that the poll reflected DE in a negative light and got removed because of that. They view any reasoning as excuses. 

I mean I saw the poll I think it was pretty even. with slightly leaning on positive. But people who didn't see it are now making assumptions.

I did not. I do, however, trust Rebecca's decision.

I believe it is safe for me to say that everyone on the moderating team, including DE's staff, is taking everyone's personal feelings into consideration and pretty much no action is taken without someone consulting with at least someone else.

My complaint is that DE doesnt provide any information to the players at all, which is why the demand for datamining was so high. And DE only doesn't intend to change their info policy very much.