Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does no one play Railjack anymore?

Yep, most people rushed it, cheesed it and spammed it so hard the first week or two that it was 100% completed in record time.

Like most content in Warframe.

I can suggest trying to find a group to do it with, but it would be very slim pickings, that's why I'm waiting on the Command Intrinsic tree so I can solo it without wanting to pull my hair out.

Honestly, I'm playing in solo mode, and I think so are everyone else.

Pubs have been the most uncooperative I've seen, and would straight up troll or sabotage the mission.

Right now, I play railjack as a means to level up stuff, because holy heck it gives so many affinity for leveling.

Other times, I'm still grinding the shedu.

Me? I kinda like RJ. But sometimes I want to play and either I get a bad crew where someone's afk'ing and the captain thinks he's god almighty, or I try to host and get people who don't really wanna pilot (I certainly don't want to) but are more than happy to spend all the Flux, Artillery and Ordnance while at the side guns. Even though there's no need whatsoever to spend artillery shots if you simply go to the crewship. And people kinda don't want to do the side objectives like the boss, murex and enemy bases. And when staying inside the RJ me with my Mag leave the pilot seat and kill the boarders faster than them.

"But Hikuro, would you do these things you mention for others?" Absolutely. There's a reason why I only host as a last resort - because I love being support (foundry, boarder-clearing, crewship sabotage) and not a pilot. It's why I bring my dear Mag to the fight, in the hope I can be crew support as her.

So my experience with RJ currently? PUGs don't pay off, and I can manage on my own. Plus, I have the wife and the best friend to play with me if a crew is needed. Maybe the others playing RJ have reached the same conclusion as I did.

It still needs a lot of work, and I wonder if the Command Intrinsic won't make this matchmaking issue even worse, seeing as we already don't really have a true need for a solo-driven intrinsic. I do want it a lot, however, so screw PUGs over command, honestly.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Me? I kinda like RJ. But sometimes I want to play and either I get a bad crew where someone's afk'ing and the captain thinks he's god almighty, or I try to host and get people who don't really wanna pilot (I certainly don't want to) but are more than happy to spend all the Flux, Artillery and Ordnance while at the side guns. Even though there's no need whatsoever to spend artillery shots if you simply go to the crewship. And people kinda don't want to do the side objectives like the boss, murex and enemy bases. And when staying inside the RJ me with my Mag leave the pilot seat and kill the boarders faster than them.

So my experience with RJ currently? PUGs don't pay off, and I can manage on my own. Plus, I have the wife and the best friend to play with me if a crew is needed. Maybe the others playing RJ have reached the same conclusion as I did.

It still needs a lot of work, and I wonder if the Command Intrinsic won't make this matchmaking issue even worse, seeing as we already don't really have a true need for a solo-driven intrinsic. I do want it a lot, however, so screw PUGs over command, honestly.

On a devstream, Steve downplayed Command intrinsic. 

It was supposed to be a quasi-forced-multiplayer mode that wasn't meant to be solo'd. Then people whined so much they made it a rush content like any other content on warframe. Unlike other nodes that have fissures/resources/endo/mods that apply to the core game, railjack is a true grind island contrary to its stated purpose. Once you're done there, you're done there and there's nothing that's been added to it at all. I'm skeptical if we are going to see any development there either, it's a failed mode like archwing - too disparate from the core gameplay that not enough people care about it.They had stated that railjack would play a part in the infested open world but that again I'm very skeptical about since due to quarantine they must've had to cut a lot of content to deliver it now.

Anyway, yeah it's dead for the time being. They made a major miscalculation in determining if the majority of the playerbase cared about it or not.

2 minutes ago, shadowstormr said:

It was supposed to be a quasi-forced-multiplayer mode that wasn't meant to be solo'd. Then people whined so much they made it a rush content like any other content on warframe. Unlike other nodes that have fissures/resources/endo/mods that apply to the core game, railjack is a true grind island contrary to its stated purpose. Once you're done there, you're done there and there's nothing that's been added to it at all. I'm skeptical if we are going to see any development there either, it's a failed mode like archwing - too disparate from the core gameplay that not enough people care about it.They had stated that railjack would play a part in the infested open world but that again I'm very skeptical about since due to quarantine they must've had to cut a lot of content to deliver it now.

Anyway, yeah it's dead for the time being. They made a major miscalculation in determining if the majority of the playerbase cared about it or not.

Along with the state it was released in (i.e., bugs and glitches).

4 minutes ago, shadowstormr said:

Also with how different it was from what was advertised as well (my edit on my prior post isn't working for some reason, sorry for the second reply). 

1 hour ago, (PS4)steleers277 said:

On ps4 everytime I try to get a match theres no ships availbe on any of the planets? Did it really die out that fast?

You must have ass connection, or something. Whenever I boost up my ship and sail forth, I always get a full squad. Mostly those who don't know what they're doing though.. Players just going there to get intrinsics since it's tied to MR.

Is it fun? It could be, but I find railjack more repetitive than the star chart system is and let's not forget that first impressions are important, which RJ failed at, miserably. IF it's not for intrinsics farm you'll have to pay me to do RJ

Don't get me wrong, I loved archwing and railjack was the update that I was most in anticipation for. I put up with the bugs and glitches writing it off as understandable byproducts of experimental game mechanics. But man, they lied to our face about what we could expect and the scope it'd have. Sure things change over the course of development but what we got was barebones framework of a gamemode instead of a fleshed out one. After waiting 3 years for it and putting up with content drought cause of course it's justified to not deliver content while they are working on something so ambitious. Sorry, it's just a raw nerve here. Cheers o/

maybe whem i am extremely bored and just wanna drift and look at the stars i play it.

I dont have all the avionics but i feel little need to farm if i can solo the hardest mission with what i have.

It is in essence only one mission repeated over and over with little variation on approach, and we all know what that means.

It is currently like the very first launch of warframe where we only had 3 frames and one tile set.

Will probably get better but currently its just bread while the rest of the game is a proper meal.

1 час назад, JackHargreav сказал:

If anyone plays it they are not playing public.

I will surely not play it public till they fix the lack of control the host has over the mission selection.

Totally agree. I play RJ often but solo only, cuz I'm tired of random players holding ship controlls without a clue of what to do, just flying here and there "dogefighting" the fighter ships... Same for those who stay on side guns - they are wasting crew time for their own fun.
Also I am tired of people
pointing me what to do and what not. Scarlet spear was the boiling point. "You park under the enterance meta" bulS#&$, screw that.
I did have fun at first time though (before the nerfs) with my stormtrooper hildryn as cannonball using slingshot and assaulting crew ships. I had fun assisting newbie railjack captains even if I did 75% of work required. It was fun.
But now that I have my ship - its controlls need to stay mine. When I join someone - I try my best to assist with mission goals, not afk or goofing around. You joing my ship - expect to obey captains rules and assist mission goals. Want to command - do it on your own ship.

I absolutely loved the old railjack filled with frantic dodging, repairing, and and desperate dogfights while attempting to live, and, most importantly,  the teamwork required to fight your way through. The new one is...faster?

The boost to progression was kinda nice, but now its just as easily soloable as the base star chart. Turrets are useless when Flux solves all problems, and engineering became an afk side job.

I miss having to worry about enemies hitting my ship.

Well, the only thing worth was Umbra Forma and that was only the Veil and tehy removed it.

This is the main problem honestly, every node and planet should honestly be worthwhile, that was the problem with the old Void also, Prime parts and Argons, now it is another place like the other. Not saying i want the old Void back, Relics are nicer as QoL with slightly more control, and i hate endless missions for to long also.

But i say give simple things like captures, old nodes in general more value, especilally non endless ones, Steel Path shown the issue even more, what is the difference really between doing it on Sedna or Ceres? Both the same Level 100 survival, both Grineer and not difference.

Railjack has the same problems, a progress chart where if oyu past one point have no reason to go back to. I not want ot babysit the game it is suppsoed to be fun for it's gameplay or not be dragged out to long, i am happy being able to be done with it, but old things should not just die out like this.

I look at games like Guild Wars 2, there are some example of dead maps sure, but most are still played, events done, simply because it is worth while and you always get something you can need, take items apart, sell them, etc, it is not like here with Resources that just stack up you will never need again in years.

Resources, drops, etc, they need a meaning, a purpose, make old resources used in new things combined with the new resources, give vlaue to everything, i dare ot say go sort of back to the old Fusion cores, make old mods needed ot fuse for new ones, nothing to crazy but 10 fast hands to upgrade a gold mod for endo as example.

The drops and playvalue is the issue simply, gameply is fun and is suppossed to be, bulletsponges are not but also the rewards count in this, esepcially since we do it over and over, Railjack also i blame tho for it's lack fo variety, peopel got bored doing the same missions in a row, that is also one of the main issues.

DE lost it's toch i hate to say it, they keep trying out to much, instead of reworkign and improoving old thigns we have, jump from one content to the next, this is not like some big addon in an MMO giving you so many to explore, a story to play trough and new content in several ways, this is cheapass DLC's honestly, paying for some skins and stuff or weapons and frames that are to heavy to grind.

And yes DE, needs money, but there could be other ways then this, i look high at them sitll, one of the best developers then any other gaming company honestly, but it not makes them free of mistakes and it drags all down with how unfocused they always seem. Pumping out "content" that gets left in the dust after awhile.

The worst part is, yes open for new players is one thing, they generate money, but it seems counterproductive to not lwoer old things to get them easier, like Hema, they are stubborn on such, while conent and gear keeps stacking up, new players see the amount and will be curshed by it of how much the would need to do to get there. Other games do lower content, reduce resources or build tiems for very old things often, why does a cheap Boltor or so still need 24h build time or certain resources if it has no meaning anymore? MR? Yeah, i like ot level all atleast once but the amount we have now, it is exhasuting, no simply way to do old stuff, you do the same thing for every weapon and frame, Same for Railjack, new players won't touch it because of the variety of drops, the weapons NOT needed this RNG bs, it is another way to make money, buy dirac and what not, and that is simply shady of DE, yet i blame there money giving overlords for such aswell.

I love DE and this game but this game evovle in a way tha it desotrys itself, everythign is all over the place, to much things exist that need same work as others, yet underperfrom so much, and that ruinds alot simply, it exists way to much in a to short time honestly, the people who scream for "new content" each day becasue they grind all in one day, you are the problem and should leave the game, this is why we got Nightwave, this si why we got timegate,s this is why we goten very, very lwo dropchances again. To keep you occupied because you can't allow a break simply here, Warframe used ot bea game for me i cna come back whenever i want and pick up where i left, now i have ot fear i miss out on something that might not come back or the way to it takes ot long if you not farmed day and night.

This is why nodes like this are dead, instead of thinkign of a way to maek it worthwile for gamepaly and fun, while also always getting something useful, we are locked in this endless cicle of grind, farm, repeat and forget about it. And yes, farm and gridn game, horde shooter and what not, but, dropping something not means it is good, if i have a game that drops loot, but the loot is not worth any, then it is no loot simply. It is like going on a treasure hunt and only find only socks in the chest instead of gold.

I only play with friends/alliance or solo cause public matches are really bad, people wasting my ammo or not doing anything.

Also people touching the console to select another mission. I always go back to dry dock but for some reason they made the console not captain exclusive so anyone can meddle with it

7 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

"But Hikuro, would you do these things you mention for others?" Absolutely. There's a reason why I only host as a last resort - because I love being support (foundry, boarder-clearing, crewship sabotage) and not a pilot. It's why I bring my dear Mag to the fight, in the hope I can be crew support as her.

Yeah. I'm hoping that command intrinsic can take the support roles so that the newbs overuse of the resources can be negated somewhat. Doesn't really bother me that much since I don't need the resources anymore but it would be nice if they didn't waste everything.

I don't mind having to pilot, take down the enemies, or play the forge monkey, when solo or with a friend. But having to do all of those things, and with a far less efficient result because someone couldn't be bothered to take a second to learn, or ask..... Not ideal. 

Railjack is still pretty much in alpha, there's not much to actually do. People played the alpha and now don't have a reason to play until it has more content.

This both shouldn't be surprising and also does not mean that this is the end of Railjack.

Railjack was a lot grindier when it got releassed, but after recent changes they made being able to hit 100% absolutely everything too quick.

Asterite and Titanium drop 3 times as much as they used to, allowing to to build a huge stockpile for the future quickly.

Vidar/Lavan Ship Components went from a 2% drop to an 8% one.

Valence Fusion turned a grind that could've lasted for months into one you finish in days.

Avionics "Railjack Mods" drop rate was increased.

Avionic house variants got removed, making the overall amount of stuff you can collect much less.

Enemies are much weaker, making runs much quicker, further shortening the time you spend in the game mode.

Intrinsics are rewarded more often too, again lessening the time you spend in the mode.

The exclusive quest hidden in the Veil Proxima can now just be started through your codex.

The exclusive weapons you can use in other game modes are all tradeable.

The only items exclusive to the mode is an ephemera and a couple of captura scenes, there is only a single node where you can obtain the currency to purchase them which can not spawn in the earth and saturn proxima.

Ever since the removal of the ultra rare umbra forma blueprint, there is no reason to go back to the anomaly once you obtain everything inside of it.

Several of these changes were great, but in return they do lessen the time you spend in the mode.

Additionally the entire game mode only has a single mission type.

You kill small ships, medium ships and then enter a big ship.

The big ships are different, but there aren't very many of them either.

Gian Point, the go to farming node for lavan/vidar ship parts and intrinsics does not have any big ships/additionally mission objectives, making 95% of all your missions exterminates.

It's my favorite non deleted game mode in the entire game, as long as I am the pilot that is, but after maxing out all MK3 guns twice and getting each variant of the ship components also maxed out, I only rarely go back and play it for fun.

Archived