Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does no one play Railjack anymore?

9 hours ago, Aldain said:

that's why I'm waiting on the Command Intrinsic tree so I can solo it without wanting to pull my hair out.

It's already trivial to solo now with how DE reduced the difficulty by about 1000%.  That's why so many players run solo.  You might not be able to jump straight in Veil level missions but there's no reason why you can't progress from Earth to Saturn to Veil as you build up your ship and intrinsics.

railjack is on a state worse tham before on launch it was bugged and the weapon did little damage enemies were extremely tanky and there was a lot of the railjack being raided by the enemy them de fix that at same time destroying the entire rest that was good enemies spawn points now spawn extremely close of the railjack constantly with no space to breathe or to repare the ship and you are forced to eliminate all ships before on the instant mission start or you're forced to 4 -6crew ship and 50 fighters if you try to do the objective firts you can hide the ship the archwing still die in 2 hits the game the railjack needs they also double the base speed of the railjack but cut the dodge speed and the boost double the time of the boost recharge and the only reward on the entire thing on this is a pistol skin a gun that you can buy in the market and a sentient gun both are the are on ivara levels of farming also mastery points but who care about that so yeah theres nothing to do so no onedoes as its a basterdised version of archwing with more bs

When railjack was released it was a bug ridden mess. And I still had a lot of fun with it. 

And there was one most important bug that made it all possible.  That allowed you to actually be the captain of your own #*!%ing ship. 

And when DE fixed that "bug" and stole control over my ship from me the whole railjack content went out the window for me. Didnt help either that DE refunded me millions of credits and resources I wasted countless hours grinding for. 

Havent taken out my ship since and havent played more than a handful railjack missions in many months..

The average player is playing catch up and lagging behind or simply doesn't want to play it:

No one wants to max cetus and Fortuna standing. No one wants to grind for anything that takes awhile like amps or eidolons, getting things from arbitrations.

People are still sadly figuring out how to even properly mod.

No one wants to put 6 forma in anything etc.

Railjack is more content made for people that have already "done everything".

Railjack was easy for me, because I already had an archwing setup with multiple formas and rivens in my archguns. 

A lot of people aren't gonna take the time to actually get to a certain level in the game. 

And as you can see, some people can't even handle The Steel Path.....some cant even handle arbitrations! So they clearly wont be able to handle railjack.

The problem with railjack is that the game mode is 20 years to late taking into account people style of play. People in current years dont like forced teamplay, especially not in such way where everybody gotta choose either to be a gunner, pilot, delivery boy or whatever role devs create. People like to be free of those roles and do what they like.

Additionally there is no reward table for MR stuff except few new weapons and instristics, so nothing special to grind for.

They need to diverse the gameplay in warframe and make it flexible at one time, something like:

1)No maps to choose from, we must have large open worlds where you can find missions not queue for them - battle stations, dog fights, resource mining facilities/drones, void traders, hidden/forgotten technologies and histories etc.

2)Everybody who enter the world have his own ship that is fully operatored by 1 person, 3 ship types :

* railjack - focused on command instristic, the slowest but most powerfull ship, basicaly a cruiser

* fighter - something like landing craft, small and fast, focused on gunnery and dogfighting

* archwings - redesigned style, where you want to be a flying gundam to kick enemy butts with possiblity to enter narrow places/facilities on it for maximum firepower

3)Missions found can be saved on your space chart to access them whevener you want, sell them as locations for others (you never know what you will find there) or just access them on the run you are already on for fluid transition.

4)Introduce load of new loot and technologies to get and research not just few weapons. I would expand all the modular crafting here.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PS4)Madurai-Prime:

The average player is playing catch up and lagging behind or simply doesn't want to play it:

No one wants to max cetus and Fortuna standing. No one wants to grind for anything that takes awhile like amps or eidolons, getting things from arbitrations.

People are still sadly figuring out how to even properly mod.

No one wants to put 6 forma in anything etc.

Railjack is more content made for people that have already "done everything".

Railjack was easy for me, because I already had an archwing setup with multiple formas and rivens in my archguns. 

A lot of people aren't gonna take the time to actually get to a certain level in the game. 

And as you can see, some people can't even handle The Steel Path.....some cant even handle arbitrations! So they clearly wont be able to handle railjack.

It is more to do with lack of variety, steel path and arbitration are both come down to a big gear check and meta build and gear, nothing challanging or even fun, jsut bulletsponges with more one shot deaths for yourself, no strategy invovled or variety, most gear is useless in them, same comes down to Railjack aswell, lack of variety, every mission was the same and boring, it neededa nerf because enemies taken to long, not more fun, just more work.

People confuse challange with outlevelign things here often and the scaling in Warframe is often very broken already, average players are a games core, if you want it or not, elites not will come far and never will have enough content to go for long in any game, i rather have something average but fun to play then gridn out the same boring dragged out missions due bulletsponges like lets say eidolons where i can't take and use every weapon or frame even fi modded against it becasue of how broken and unbalanced it is in the first place.

It has nothing to do with "handling" it buddy, keep lieing to yourself in your dream world of being better then the rest becasue you modded right some meta stuff eveyone else uses and has to use. People not use it for variety but sadly not efficent, this is not the peoplse fault but the games lack of variety in something we have alot to choose in the first place or in Railjacks case got lucky to get the right turrets with the right stats.

So maybe stop such nonsense, this is still a GAME you PLAY and have FUN, not some math project i sohuld need to invest my life in to get the optimized stats, people forget games are about the fun and gameplay and rewards too at times, not saying nothing should be challanging but this here is fake challange and nothing more then a gear check, no strategy, no boss phases or so, activating something to the right time etc.

So stop pretendign this is some elite gamemode that you can glorify for your ego or that of others.

19 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

It is more to do with lack of variety, steel path and arbitration are both come down to a big gear check and meta build and gear, nothing challanging or even fun, jsut bulletsponges with more one shot deaths for yourself, no strategy invovled or variety, most gear is useless in them, same comes down to Railjack aswell, lack of variety, every mission was the same and boring, it neededa nerf because enemies taken to long, not more fun, just more work.

People confuse challange with outlevelign things here often and the scaling in Warframe is often very broken already, average players are a games core, if you want it or not, elites not will come far and never will have enough content to go for long in any game, i rather have something average but fun to play then gridn out the same boring dragged out missions due bulletsponges like lets say eidolons where i can't take and use every weapon or frame even fi modded against it becasue of how broken and unbalanced it is in the first place.

It has nothing to do with "handling" it buddy, keep lieing to yourself in your dream world of being better then the rest becasue you modded right some meta stuff eveyone else uses and has to use. People not use it for variety but sadly not efficent, this is not the peoplse fault but the games lack of variety in something we have alot to choose in the first place or in Railjacks case got lucky to get the right turrets with the right stats.

So maybe stop such nonsense, this is still a GAME you PLAY and have FUN, not some math project i sohuld need to invest my life in to get the optimized stats, people forget games are about the fun and gameplay and rewards too at times, not saying nothing should be challanging but this here is fake challange and nothing more then a gear check, no strategy, no boss phases or so, activating something to the right time etc.

So stop pretendign this is some elite gamemode that you can glorify for your ego or that of others.

As someone that used to do multiple hour boss fights: There are no bullet sponges in warframe. 

All the tools are there for you to use. It's not my problem if you think the modding system is so complicated you consider it a math problem.

The devs themselves have stated that Warframe rewards mobility....yet you still have players "needing" inaros, because a large health bar will always let people face tank. 

There is strategy and planning involved, once again, if you're not able to use strategy that is no ones problem but your own.

Every game out there will become boring and monotonous no matter how long you play it.

If there's still people out there that enjoy the game and its content, then that just means we see 2 different games. I personally think Railjack is awesome. Is it possible I may get bored of it in the future? Definitely.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

As someone that used to do multiple hour boss fights: There are no bullet sponges in warframe. 

All the tools are there for you to use. It's not my problem if you think the modding system is so complicated you consider it a math problem.

The devs themselves have stated that Warframe rewards mobility....yet you still have players "needing" inaros, because a large health bar will always let people face tank. 

There is strategy and planning involved, once again, if you're not able to use strategy that is no ones problem but your own.

Every game out there will become boring and monotonous no matter how long you play it.

If there's still people out there that enjoy the game and its content, then that just means we see 2 different games. I personally think Railjack is awesome. Is it possible I may get bored of it in the future? Definitely.

i was better at launch it if you passed the bugs and the menus that hide important information( that still there) there was multiple wais to do the mission sniping at distance using or fighting with archwing invading crew ships but de removed so railjack was awesome no longer is lack variety and lacks criativity

Yep... I capped my Instrinsics and Upgraded my Railjack in 10 Days.

That was a month after I came back and havent touched it since.

Infact i Literally havent used my Own Railjack.... i always Piggy Backed off others. Its just faster. And no... Stop offering to let my Pilot... you couldnt pay me to fly your Ship 😛

I was joined by a crew when I was strolling in the Veil.

I was so damn happy about having put "Artillery Cheap Shot", because even if you say "Hit the engines to OHK the Crewships", more often than not they will miss.

I have no freaking idea how RNG blessed the guy, because they needed 2 shots on all 6 CS that spawned and when I went to check how many shots were left it was on 4/5.

It's been already said but the few incentives we had to run RJ missions (like the umbral forma) were removed and there's so many times you can repeat the same mission type on the same 3 maps before it becomes boring. I thought that with RJ we would be able to explore space instead of being stuck in a static background with a "path" of rocks to follow. It literally is space but it feels like a linear level.

Make smaller 1 man ships and let us fly in space, inside nebulas, add more things to do and you'll have something special.

Its pretty simple. The mode has no longevity atm.  Its stable now. But until it gets more meat its not gonna be something players spam.

The average person got their ship and dkills maxed in a month. Till de fleshes it out you only have two options.

A. Have a premade group

B. Use your own decked out ship and hope for decent pugs.

On 2020-07-25 at 11:57 PM, (PS4)steleers277 said:

On ps4 everytime I try to get a match theres no ships availbe on any of the planets? Did it really die out that fast?

I do, but I play solo or closed group because various streamers told everyone that the best way to kill things was to spam abilities, so in pubs people go in and waste flux energy, or sit around and bicker over who gets to do nothing and sit in the artillery chair, or worse, sit in the artillery chair and use it on fighters.

I don't even go for a max efficiency time rush like some of my clan, just want a nice smooth experience.  Which isn't really available via pubs anymore.

While the system/gameplay itself is currently fine, I think it was basically a waste of a whole year and empty promises (Squad Link was a joke). In PS4 at least, the RJ side of Scarlet Spear was pretty much 15-20% of that of the total players.

Hopefully the New War won't be too much RJ cause most players don't seem to care enough to build one (even being as "cheap" as it is right now).

Le 26/07/2020 à 08:57, (PS4)steleers277 a dit :

On ps4 everytime I try to get a match theres no ships availbe on any of the planets? Did it really die out that fast?

🤣😂🤣🤣😂😂 i 😂🤣 can't stop !! 🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂 that pile of trash 🤣😂

I hope it will stay dead.. and i hope DE finally understand why and will never spend any effort on this shiet again. 🙂

Personally i was never interested in RJ in the first place, sorry Steve! Archwing is more fun to me.

I might start farming it at some point once the command intrinsics are added, but my first impressions were really bad when i tried RJ solo after release and it looked really boring in pugs.

Dead meme for a dead game mode from someone dead inside on a soon to be dead thread: 

giphy.gif

Nekros would be happy.

I was only interested in RJ for the story content locked behind the Sentient Ship in the Veil. At the time getting to the highest level region was the only way to get the cutscene.

In addition, a majority of the time I play on solo, since I did not want to deal with players who would rush the Sentient Ships when it was only available every 2 and a half hours on initial launch. I did most of Railjack solo.

After that, Railjack's only purpose for me is to grind anomaly shards for Little Duck's exotic goods or doing it for Nightwave. Since I got the materials I needed and have gotten Rank 30 in this season's Nightwave, I have no motive to play RJ now. The mode on its own isn't very fun to play with only 1 mission type. I do enjoy exterminate missions, but the regular star map has missions like Spy/Rescue/Sabotage that I also enjoy. Raijlack needs more mission variety, and it needs things like Void Fissures to give incentive to do missions again along with Corpus planets and enemies.

On 2020-07-26 at 3:00 AM, Aldain said:

Yep, most people rushed it, cheesed it and spammed it so hard the first week or two that it was 100% completed in record time.

Like most content in Warframe.

I can suggest trying to find a group to do it with, but it would be very slim pickings, that's why I'm waiting on the Command Intrinsic tree so I can solo it without wanting to pull my hair out.

It feels like no one ever takes the time to appreciate all the little details in new S#&$ and instead just Bullet Jump/Void Dash through everything. I've only seen one Youtuber actually look at all the cool things in the Corpus Ship rework while doing the Deadlock Protocol quest. Maybe this is why it takes forever for the wiki to be updated with info on new enemies and tilesets.

1 hour ago, Hayabusa97 said:

It feels like no one ever takes the time to appreciate all the little details in new S#&$ and instead just Bullet Jump/Void Dash through everything.

It's not a leisurely stroll through a modded Skyrim, There's arbitrarily boring objectives to check off and gnats with guns impeding the enjoyment that could be had, while staring at pretty, optimized textures. Though someone like me would likely only find a ton of wasted and useless space that has absolutely nothing to do with the objectives. No surprises or incentives to explore...but damn bullet jumping and acrobatics is fun either way, especially after coming back from a break and having played games with less ways to traverse the terrain. 

This random reply ties into Railjack also, which I didn't even finish because...Why? They removed Umbra forma, literally the only thing I could have used to mess around with. Even then it would just be me chasing another low % chance to obtain the blueprint, spending hundreds of hours in nearly meaningless grind. The point was to make a balanced but dynamic and FUN experience for team play. Would have been epic if the outcome was more like the trailer and fake gameplay or at least allow for clan sized involvement-- at least 8 players in cooperation. 

man I must be really bored to even be here in the forums 🙁

Archived