Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Steel Path Worthwhile

SweetAnubis

On 2020-07-26 at 1:20 PM, SweetAnubis said:

So here's my thought on Steel path....

1. A hard mode is great! But some variety other than bullet sponge would be nice. Perhaps enemies that go immune to weapon categories to give tenno a reason to use different weapons (kinda like how stalker is immune to powers).

2. Worthwhile rewards without completely breaking the loot tree. Make certain Highly wanted items purchasable once from the steel path store. Umbral forma, event mods, arcanes, etc. Also for fully completing steel path map let them pick one of the items as a reward. This will give players who dont mind a grind for the currency a chance to get that one thing they normally don't have time for or happen to miss out on due to real life etc. Making it one time purchase per item will still keep the source content of such items relevant.

3. Keep map unlocked. Having to unlock the whole map again just to access one mission you want to play in hard mode kinda defeats the purpose. say someone just wants to farm in hard mode on hydron to make it a little more challenging/entertaining. well then they have to play through the entire map again to do that. Thats rediculous and also completely defeats the argument towards "better rewards being unnecessary cause its only intended to be a hard mode for people who want a challenge"

I agree in your suggestions (Number #2) Although the remaining is somwhat uncertain.

Your first reason was to make enemies imune to weapons. Right now the most annyoying "common" enemy you'd found in steel path are the "juno elite crewman." It's quite hard for other Warframe to suggest an an enemy buff. Since most of them lack in survivability.

You're third reason is to unlocked all maps in steel path and that  is somthing I disagree with, which Warframe has to provide game's longevity, and as a trade off. Rewards are be made (sooner and more)

My conclusion is that, just be patient. Right now there's a big event that Digital Extremes is in progress, and that is their main priority for now. Since everyone still works from home and that is quite hard to manage 🙂

23 hours ago, Oreades said:

Hmmmmm I seem to recall at least a fair part of the driving force for this was people shrieking about having to stay in endless missions for hours before they became challenging and they wanted a way to be able to just have some challenge from the start. 

What has changed? 

Now the missions start out at a higher level which isn't particularly challenging particularly for the people who where already breezing through lvl 800-2000 enemies. Instead you have to sit around for hours before the currency starts to drop in any meaningful amount. So instead of playing just playing the game and having fun, you need to play one particular mission subset (survival) for a protracted period. Great for the people who where already playing Survival for protracted periods of time pre Steel Path, not so great for everyone else. 

I certainly can't speak for everyone but I find protracted endless missions boring AF

The RNG currency IMHO was the worst way they could have handled this and what do they have now? On one hand you have people burned out due to the lack of progression towards the rewards dangled infront of them VS people who where going to grind endless missions regardless of Steel Paths existence who now have more Steel Credits than they know what to do with and enough Riven Slivers to last them until DE pulls the plug on the Warframe Servers (Read: years worth). 

Not only all of ^ this. You are more or less pinpointed into 1 single frame to maximize the yield, which currently is Khora. No other frame comes close if you both want optimized kills along with maximum safety for you and your smeeta. Baruuk does the killing really well, but your smeeta will snooze constantly and require ressing. You can obviously go Inaros to keep the pet safe and yourself 100% safe, but then suddenly mobs are more spread out and your kills get reduced, resulting in less potential eximus spawns.

Both essence and slivers are poorly implemented in Steel Path. With slivers as part of steel path's rewards they really need to remove the weekly limit and make it a 23h CD at most, if they dont wanna remove the limit completely. Or they need to start letting us trade in 10 slivers for 10k kuva at Pally or Pops.

Archived