Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Relic Shard Issue

I'm putting this under bugs, because it feels like it must be a bug.

For three games in a row now I've failed to get enough reactant to unlock my void relic.  The mission was the same every time:  Gaia (Earth) Interception.  During the first two games, I joined shortly after the game had started.  There was plenty of time for 10 reactant to drop.  The map is not large, but I scoured every area to try to find any missed ones.  I didn't miss any.  Only 8 dropped in each game.  This was frustrating enough, but I figured that perhaps there hadn't been enough time for 10 to drop, so I stayed another round.  A fresh round with the same team.  Despite this, only NINE dropped.  No one in my game found ten reactant.

What gives?  This is not a unique issue.  While my recent experience is different in that there was definitely enough time, I've joined other games late and there has NOT been enough time for ten to drop in those, either.  Why isn't there something in place that ensures any player will have enough reactant drop, regardless of when they join?  Or else why let players join into a game so late that they effectively waste their time?

I just don't understand.  I'm not trying to be mean.  I'm just frustrated that this is still an issue.  If the reactants drop as pure RNG, then add some kind of element such that the % chance a reactant drops goes up based on projected time until the mission is over.

Reactants drop from two types of enemies.  Those that spawn in as corrupted and those that become corrupted.  Especially in low level missions, it's possible for people to kill the enemies too quickly, not allowing regular mission enemies to become corrupted and have a chance at dropping void reactants.  Also, in an interception it is possible to allow the enemies to take towers to give your squad more time to get reactant.  Just need to work on time and enemy management.

I suspected it was related to specific enemies.  In my experience, no other mission type has this same problem, and as I said I've been put into games of other types late and not been able to get enough reactant.  That it might happen three games in a row--which wasn't an exaggeration--suggests there's a flaw in how and when they drop.  Many things in the game have been improved or changed in some way, which has been great.  This is a specific issue that could do with being tweaked a little, as it happens more often than it should.

I have a second issue/question about excavation void relic missions (possibly survival, too).  I know that defense missions give you a chance to choose to stay or leave, then you can pick another relic if you stay.  In excavation, though, you don't get that same choice.  You only get to choose a new relic (or choose none) and then have to run to the extraction zone to leave.  I'm assuming survival is the same, but it's been a while since I've played a void relic survival.  The last excavation one I played, only I went to extraction, and a timer counted down.  Am I the only one being extracted?  I don't like the idea of forcing others to end a mission just so I can leave, so I'm hoping to get some clarity on this.

Over half the time I tried this mission I was not able to get the 10/10 reactants needed. I just stopped doing the mission. The last time 8/2/2020 around 2 pm EST there was multiple 15 to 30 sec time frames in the map where no enemies spawned, we just sat there.

On 2020-07-30 at 11:48 AM, (XB1)JerkStoleMyName said:

I have a second issue/question about excavation void relic missions (possibly survival, too).  I know that defense missions give you a chance to choose to stay or leave, then you can pick another relic if you stay.  In excavation, though, you don't get that same choice.  You only get to choose a new relic (or choose none) and then have to run to the extraction zone to leave.  I'm assuming survival is the same, but it's been a while since I've played a void relic survival.  The last excavation one I played, only I went to extraction, and a timer counted down.  Am I the only one being extracted?  I don't like the idea of forcing others to end a mission just so I can leave, so I'm hoping to get some clarity on this.

Yes, you are the only one being extracted.  There is individual extraction for excavation and survival missions.

Archived