Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the point of Railjack?

Kacypacy

I've came back to warframe 3 weeks ago. Made my Railjack 3 days ago and after playing some time I've came up with conclusion. You just grind to max out your railjack and thats it. It doesnt make game anymore easier, just another mode with exclusive items/resoucers. So what is the point?

5 minutes ago, Kacypacy said:

I've came back to warframe 3 weeks ago. Made my Railjack 3 days ago and after playing some time I've came up with conclusion. You just grind to max out your railjack and thats it. It doesnt make game anymore easier, just another mode with exclusive items/resoucers. So what is the point?

You missed the Scarlet Spear event. Should be back around eventually. There may be other significant plans for it moving forward, but nobody tells me these things for some reason. 

It's something DE wanted to do from the beginning. If you look at accounts of Warframe's early days, you'll find references to a design of a game similar to Railjack; i.e. space ninjas raiding spaceships.

Unfortunately, as usual, it's incomplete, and while all indications are DE have ambitious plans for it, they might be distracted by other priorities right now.

yeah dude, everyone here will keep saying "it supposed to be part of the new war", to me it seems that DE is choosing a different direction right now, so expect them to ignore it for a long time with this current situation, DE might get back to its roots after last year's updates

4 minutes ago, Clem2-TheClemening said:

The rank 8 intrinsics affect your archwings in every gamemode, and the intrinsics give half a weapon's mastery per rank.

Okay exp for mastery rank is always a nice thing but archwing is not something that is really usefull for the players. Of course it make open worlds easier to travel but thats about it. There is almost no endgame content that make archwing essential. Its something cool but not really usefull.

Killing Profit Taker should have a squad-link option. Railjack in space attacks the satellite and ground team kills the Profit Taker. Then we can avoid listening to The Business, Little Duck and Eudico again. Of course the official bounty is the other option to kill Profit Taker.

1 minute ago, Yakhul said:

Might be just me, but to all who ask "whats the purpose of X mode? (Railjack in this example)" I have this question: whats the purpose of the game once you have absolutely everything? 

I know what you mean. Having fun is what you want from the game and railjack too gave me that feeling. But what the point of railjack if its doesnt make game anymore easier.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Newsflash: To enjoy it. 

If you don't, no ones forcing you. It's your life.

Of course I enjoy railjack and I would enjoy it more if it could speed up my overall progression in the game.  

18 minutes ago, nslay said:

Killing Profit Taker should have a squad-link option. Railjack in space attacks the satellite and ground team kills the Profit Taker. Then we can avoid listening to The Business, Little Duck and Eudico again. Of course the official bounty is the other option to kill Profit Taker.

Btw squad-link do exists or it was just for the hype? Ive never seen someone doing it.

Another thing they could do is tie all 3 modes of play together: Normal Tenno/Warframe (with weapons and abilities), Archwing, and Railjack. Currently its just Archwing+Railjack or Archwing+Warframe. The former is how Railjack currently works. You hop out of Railjack in Archwing. Railjack does feature normal Warframe game play, but you have to fly to special entrances that bring you to a normal Warframe map. The latter is how open world works. You can traverse large open worlds in Archwing and then seamlessly land in the same world as the Warframe.

Now, how can they do this? I think they should use the asteroid belt! Establish a massive sentient or infested open world on an asteroid too small to be even a proto planet, but large enough to eclipse our Railjack and feature Infested/Sentient camps with bounties and animals and all that good MMO lame stuff we find in Orb Vallis or PoE.

Now imagine how awesome that could look! You fly your Railjack over this massive 50km x 50km x 50km asteroid, hop out in Archwing, and then land on the asteroid like you would in PoE or Orb Vallis and just walk/run/kdrive around with your normal Warframe! And imagine the background rocks and other stuff flying around in the sky. That's bound to look freaking amazing if they do it right. And much like we can already do with our Archwing and Warframe, the Railjack should be able to attack the normal enemies on the ground with its weapons/avionics too! It would tie all gameplay together in one space... though it sounds like a super massive open world!

Overall, the second pass of railjack is "fun" IMO and well tuned, but it is a content island right now.    It has "lofty goals" but not sure when those goals will materialize.   I still do missions when nightwave calls for it..but no major reason to push right now unfortunately.

Someday...maybe...who knows.

46 minutes ago, Kacypacy said:

Btw squad-link do exists or it was just for the hype? Ive never seen someone doing it.

Neither have the people who played Scarlet Spear.

It's just a relay chat that gives Kill Code status on the side of your screen. You don't actually contribute to an 8 player mission. Squad Link, like most of the Railjack shown at TennoCon 2018 and 2019, isn't remotely close to what was shown.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Neither have the people who played Scarlet Spear.

It's just a relay chat that gives Kill Code status on the side of your screen. You don't actually contribute to an 8 player mission. Squad Link, like most of the Railjack shown at TennoCon 2018 and 2019, isn't remotely close to what was shown.

This^ 

Steve called it “the “********ing battle of Endoooor” Where there was a 4 man squad taking down a capital ship and the other squad on earth had to take down the shield generator and then the space squad killed the litch? That one right Voltage? Yeah so no it wasn’t the “battle of Endor” SS was maybe the mobile phone version of the battle of Endor and even that is a huge stretch. 

With DEs current limitations squad link (actual squad link) is impossible with a P2P connectivity. Squad link was , is a just co-op illusion, kinda like friendship doors. 😂 

Archived