Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the point of Railjack?

Kacypacy

15 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

That is insanely large

JpKydo0.jpg

That's fair. I do observe that the Railjack map is maybe something as large 50km in all directions. I used to park mine 20-25km away from objectives when fighters were tougher... and then some extra objectives could be 10-15km away from each other.

If you've ever played Starcraft, I think the Railjack has similar strategic value of a Battle Cruiser in an open world map. It can provide tenno on the ground/Archwing some air support and can also use its powerful Artillery cannon to knock out otherwise impenetrable defenses or dangerous weaponry (like the Yamato Cannon). So I kind of think of the interaction of Railjack on open world as a different POV of ships in RTS. The Tenno are like overpowered hero Reapers (their jet pack is the Archwing) that can wipe maps.

EDIT: I think these kinds of massive open world missions will need more than 4 players! I mean, 3-4 players will probably man the Railjack(s) with some players on the ground!

EDIT2: Imagine a campaign so large that there would be a commanding Tenno overseeing the movement of squads like an RTS like Starcraft! That would be nuts! Probably not practical... but man, implementing an RTS with units actually manned by human players playing a Third Person Shooter/Space Ship game would probably be unprecedented!

Railjack is meant to add more variety and connect layers of gameplay. At the moment though it really just does the former, being its own mission type with its own objectives and gameplay (like archwing).

Warframe is a bit like a theme park with a broad collection of minigames. There are various supporting systems that tie it all together in a broad but shallow way: lore, progression, economy/resource and loadout composition/customisation. It could probably do with directly building up some layers and depth in actual gameplay, e.g:

• Some starchart level gameplay that provides overall context to doing missions.
  • Clan level gameplay.
  • Squad link, maybe.
  • Open world level gameplay (not a moba :-P).
  • A whole host of things in-mission, e.g: mission modifiers, individual objectives, enemy commander or whole army ai, etc.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Was supposed to be integral to the new war, but that's being developed at the pace of a tortoise with a hernia atm.

If railjack(off) is required for the new war, then i guess you have to wage that war without me.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Newsflash: To enjoy it. 

If you don't, no ones forcing you. It's your life.

Thank you, master of the obvious.

Same point as bullet jumping, it's engaging navigation. The problem is the lack of content and integration. Every single mission features a fighter and crewship kill count. And almost every enemy installation involves interior and exterior objectives. 

They really need to take the radiators off of some of these installations, change some enemy spawns from kills to complete, to kills to eliminate reinforcements while you focus other objectives. And just come up with some more content and integration. 

4 hours ago, Kacypacy said:

I've came back to warframe 3 weeks ago. Made my Railjack 3 days ago and after playing some time I've came up with conclusion. You just grind to max out your railjack and thats it. It doesnt make game anymore easier, just another mode with exclusive items/resoucers. So what is the point?

The point is space combat how do you people not understand this S#&$?

It's a system with good bones, but not much else, currently.

Supposedly it's to be integral in getting to the Tau system but I sincerely hope they develop it way past that point as it has the ability to be so much more than the sum of its' current parts. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You missed the Scarlet Spear event. Should be back around eventually. There may be other significant plans for it moving forward, but nobody tells me these things for some reason. 

This.  Scarlet Spear was a LOT of fun.... well, for at least the first 3-4 weeks.
Then it became a grind for some of the best prizes in the game.  😜

31 minutes ago, (PS4)BMWWOW said:

This.  Scarlet Spear was a LOT of fun.... well, for at least the first 3-4 weeks.
Then it became a grind for some of the best prizes in the game.  😜

And as an added bonus, it was one of the few modes where everyone was glad to see someone playing Limbo. 😆

That alone made even the grinding, fun. 

38 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

It's meant to get you to spend money.

On what, exactly? A pair of cosmetics that people only care about if they already want to play Railjack? 🙄

8 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

It's something DE wanted to do from the beginning. If you look at accounts of Warframe's early days, you'll find references to a design of a game similar to Railjack; i.e. space ninjas raiding spaceships.

Unfortunately, as usual, it's incomplete, and while all indications are DE have ambitious plans for it, they might be distracted by other priorities right now.

This^.

Railjack was meant to fulfill on a dream and expand the Warframe universe and integrate it’s best features.

So long as the space combat is seen as inferior to classic Warframe combat, it will take a back seat.

Give DE time to improve it.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

This^.

Railjack was meant to fulfill on a dream and expand the Warframe universe and integrate it’s best features.

So long as the space combat is seen as inferior to classic Warframe combat, it will take a back seat.

Give DE time to improve it.

Do players really want it to connect though? Im sure this is an issue that DE is dealing with. As much as the new buzzword "content island" gets thrown around, i can see just many , possible even more, players being upset that they NEED to take RJ to a mission. People didnt like Scarlet Spear squad link, how can DE expand on that? simulate interaction between missions? 

I think these projects usually end up as distractions to regular WF gameplay. They dont expand because in the end, people want to go back to grinding for prime gear and rivens and any required extra systems that get in the way isnt received well. 

Its content. Its purpose is to give us something to do.

Its unfinished though, they just sorta rushed it out the door to give us content like they do with everything else. They're afraid if they take to long the community will start screeching and content creators will make their 100th video about content drought and how the game is dead. So, we wind up with half-baked features that are stripped down from their original vision because they never take the time needed to finish them before they plop what they have ready at the time out the door, severing ties between major features. Then the community just complains anyway because what we got wasn't what was promised and it feels unfinished.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Hypernaut1:

It's a mission type to break up the monotony of corridor gameplay. 

Then why play Warframe? Yes it can evolve but people like you ask basically for a racing game to suddnely become a economy simulator, or a ego shooter suddenly turns into a jump'n run, could we stop only see potential and hope it evolve and let a game work on its own strengths maybe? Instead Warframe adds and adds more and more things, loosing focus and identity.

Don't get me wrong, i love DE trying, they are at least experimental but it is to much for there own good after awhile, instead of reworking and fixing old things, they keep move on to new things, look at Cetus, Fortuna, those big Updates, now forgotten, what Updates did they get besides some mere hotfixes and graphical tweaks? Cetus should be on pair with Fortuna with it's standing gaining as example, conservation should be fixed with birds still not falling, tracks hard to follow on certain grounds which a simple colour change could do or add some smoke or clouds to it. The reworked Corpus ships where something at least, but that was not fixing old things it was changing most completly and replacing it so arguable there.

This is supposed to be a game, supposed ot be fun, if it is not your type, not play it simply, i not play sports games or rarely strategy, i suck at them, but i not want them to change to fit my playstyle do i. People want Warframe to be the all arounder for some reason, not realising how this hurts the game due DE's lack of focus on all those parts or not even there new projects keeping them occupied long. Jack of all trades, master of none simply.

This game needs a focus, develop what it has, not jsut keep adding things that even not make sense most the time, adding to the spaghetti code, trials are gone that way, always broken even after updates and hotfixes that not involve them, yet still broken, what you think will happen with all those mixed content on future updates, ontop of they already not keep track of the Warframes, had to "fix" Limbo for Scarlett Spear even after using him themself, this is how much attention they have to such when programming this, not taking any Warframe or weapon into account, instead we as PC are still unpaid Beta testers since what, 2013?

You can't keep such in Beta for so long as excuse for updating it however you want, every other game and company would had a S#&$storm about it and would still suffer probably till today but DE gets away with it over and over? As said i love DE but this is simply a sad joke by now, and people defend it's "potential" and say "give it time", no, i want results for once, i am done giving chances, if i screw up in my job i get fired immidietly as well right? Potential also, i have the potential to a minimum to be king of the world theoratically, am i? No. So everyone stop seeing only potential,

Edit: With new things i also mean things like Lore being all overthe place, why did we need Leviran as example as well and not use the Codex and Simaris? You know, the guy literally connecting knowledge? Instead DE wanted something new again and wasted resources and voiceline on somone else apperently, did they fire Simaris voiceactor or so? This is what i mean here, old stuff basically stops existing for them while other thigns they stubborn hold on honestly, like Lotus Voice lines from Ordis, not makes sense anymore to keep them but they are to precious right?

The point is DE running into a deadend with the main game and trying to build basically a new game into WF in order to keep people playing. But turns out its much harder to do than Steve imagined...  and since the RJ launch was a mess and there is not much to play, people arent playing it much - or stay away completely  - thus DE wont be spending more time developing it further so it becomes another dead and forgotten 'content island'

Currently It's something you just play with for fun as it doesn't give a lot of stuff that can be used in the main game. You can get two weapons and mastery.

There are plans to integrate it more into the core experience but De is still working on New War quest, Plains of Duviri, Infested open world, modular archwing and I'm sure there are other stuff.

7 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Do players really want it to connect though? Im sure this is an issue that DE is dealing with. As much as the new buzzword "content island" gets thrown around, i can see just many , possible even more, players being upset that they NEED to take RJ to a mission. People didnt like Scarlet Spear squad link, how can DE expand on that? simulate interaction between missions? 

I think these projects usually end up as distractions to regular WF gameplay. They dont expand because in the end, people want to go back to grinding for prime gear and rivens and any required extra systems that get in the way isnt received well. 

And we also have people wanting DE to forget RJ exists.

Then we would have people saying that DE abandoms their old projects.

The tug-of-war continues.

8 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

For my part, I want to see it greatly expanded on...

I'd be against making owning an equipped RJ compulsory for our current missions but would love to see DE create new missions (or twists on old ones) of all kinds that people with a RailJacks could run instead.

• Transport Missions.
  • Flotilla Defense
  • Freighter Missions
  • Blockade running
  • Freighter Hijack
  • Mining
  • Derelict Salvage
  • Space Exploration

I'll repeat what I've said elsewhere...I want DE to assign a group to RJ only and have something released, alongside the normal warframe content, with each update. 

There's a ton of options available and they can develop it like they did conclave with a small team operating independent of their normal production cycle.

The current prevailing opinion I see from players currently isn't that it's not well down, but that it has no depth at all...Even with that I know of people who've come back and enjoy Railjack which actually makes them more engaged in the core game now. 

We've done Ninja stuff for 7+ years...I see no reason why an option to do Pirate stuff can't be added.

15 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

For my part, I want to see it greatly expanded on...

I'd be against making owning an equipped RJ compulsory for our current missions but would love to see DE create new missions (or twists on old ones) of all kinds that people with a RailJacks could run instead.

• Transport Missions.
  • Flotilla Defense
  • Freighter Missions
  • Blockade running
  • Freighter Hijack
  • Mining
  • Derelict Salvage

I'll repeat what I've said elsewhere...I want DE to assign a group to RJ only and have something released, alongside the normal warframe content, with each update. 

There's a ton of options available and they can develop it like they did conclave with a small team operating independent of their normal production cycle.

The current prevailing opinion I see from players currently isn't that it's not well down, but that it has no depth at all...Even with that I know of people who've come back and enjoy Railjack which actually makes them more engaged in the core game now. 

We've done Ninja stuff for 7+ years...I see no reason why an option to do Pirate stuff can't be added.

I'd add in exploration mode as a chill mission. 

Archived