Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the point of Railjack?

Kacypacy

I see warframe likes to take the small aspects and build them individually before adding them to the core of the game. For the longest time archwing was its own thing. Dedicated missions with no real tie in. Sealabs helped to tie it in and then the open worlds gave way for the archwing and its weapons to be used outside of the standard mission. I think it is only a matter of time before DE ties railjack into more core gameplay, but for now it gives players tons of time to build up their ships and intrinsics.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

I'd add in exploration mode as a chill mission. 

Great idea! I will add it.

2 minutes ago, supernils said:

noone is doing the start rail jack missions anymore. And since you can't solo them you can forget about RJ if you didn't go with it when it was new and all buggy.

The RailJack starter missions(Earth Proxima) are entirely doable solo since the refresh.

Kill fighter Squadrons in Railjack while staying out of range of Crew Ships (in excess of 2000 km). Aim for Crewship nacelles to slow them down if possible.

After Squadrons have been recalled.... AW/Slingshot to the Crew Ships to blow the reactors.

19 hours ago, Kacypacy said:

I've came back to warframe 3 weeks ago. Made my Railjack 3 days ago and after playing some time I've came up with conclusion. You just grind to max out your railjack and thats it. It doesnt make game anymore easier, just another mode with exclusive items/resoucers. So what is the point?

Pretty much... 

Its essentially like playing a different game. I know my Arcanes didnt help me when I was playing Sekiro 😛

17 hours ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

If railjack(off) is required for the new war, then i guess you have to wage that war without me.

I see we are like-minded, Tenno. I don't want them to force us RJ. I want to be space ninja not space pirate.

As I've read there is no point (till phase 3 at least). It gives maybe some tellurium, forma but that's it. Not like open words where you can craft a weapon/amp/pet (that affects the rest of the missions).

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Padre_Akais:

Great idea! I will add it.

The RailJack starter missions(Earth Proxima) are entirely doable solo since the refresh.

Kill fighter Squadrons in Railjack while staying out of range of Crew Ships (in excess of 2000 km). Aim for Crewship nacelles to slow them down if possible.

After Squadrons have been recalled.... AW/Slingshot to the Crew Ships to blow the reactors.

Right, because new players in it will ahve leveled it already, this is the funnything here, peopel say how easy all is to solo it now, forgetting you have a leveled Railjack with Instrincts already, you have Avionics, you have MK-3 weapons probably already.

As much easy it is now people mights truggle still, repairing without resources, or resources in general in the forge.

You all started new, stop pretending you never did and all was easy from the start, considering nothing is explained also for players in general outside the wiki. And the wiki should not have to stay open all the time for such game honestly.

So could anyoen who suggest this stop doing this, no one cares how easy it is for you or others, new players are NEW.

As said, regardless evne easy without avionics, instrincts or weapons, people who are new to this still learn, can get frustrated not gettign something right away, this is not being dumb but people being individuals having a different view on things, when will people learn that. It is the first view nodes, of course they are easier, leveling progress and all you know but no one is perfect and people can struggel with such still for different reasons.

Just now, Marine027 said:

Right, because new players in it will ahve leveled it already, this is the funnything here, peopel say how easy all is to solo it now, forgetting you have a leveled Railjack with Instrincts already, you have Avionics, you have MK-3 weapons probably already.

You assume a great deal...

I just watched my kid pick the game back up in the last 2 weeks and run Earth AND Saturn solo with no issues.

...I also just started running it on my alt with the same results.

Those account have none of those things and aren't experiencing the issues described.

That means those issues are either contrived or the players is not competent.

3 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

As much easy it is now people mights truggle still, repairing without resources, or resources in general in the forge.

Earth missions drop resources like crazy... You are spinning a false narrative.

4 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

You all started new, stop pretending you never did and all was easy from the start, considering nothing is explained also for players in general outside the wiki. And the wiki should not have to stay open all the time for such game honestly.

It's been pretty easy since the refresh...Take you own advice.

5 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

So could anyoen who suggest this stop doing this, no one cares how easy it is for you or others, new players are NEW.

You have to be MR3 to even get the option to build a RJ.

Then you have to be able to afford doing so...If a "new" player can do that then they weren't "new" to begin with.

Those are just facts born of basic logistics... All the excuses in the world won't account for them.

7 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

As said, regardless evne easy without avionics, instrincts or weapons, people who are new to this still learn, can get frustrated not gettign something right away, this is not being dumb but people being individuals having a different view on things, when will people learn that. It is the first view nodes, of course they are easier, leveling progress and all you know but no one is perfect and people can struggel with such still for different reasons.

Earth is easy even without avionics. Period.

That said, it's a great place to level your intrinsics and Avionics do drop there.

Citing aspects of perfection isn't relevant because no one said you have to be perfect...That doesn't detract from the fact that Earth is imminently soloable.

Oh, and for grins and giggles, I went public and joined any crew on Earth and was in a mission in less than 40 seconds.

...So much for Earth Proxima not having Pugs, huh?

25 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

This cant be right... i was in a Railjack with an MR 0 Captain in the Veil...

I never checked the requirements myself but clearly either there arent any or you can by pass them somehow.

31 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Then you have to be able to afford doing so...If a "new" player can do that then they weren't "new" to begin with.

MR3 is ~22k of experience. It's possible to level some stuffs not knowing a lot about the game.

31 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Earth is easy even without avionics. Period.

I've tried doing it solo 2 times (before and after update). Ship gun is so slow that I cannot kill enemies. When I try to kill them with ship-gun another enemies enter my ship. Well... it doesn't take too much time before I fail. And it's not like I take some base-level frame/weapons...
So, maybe it's soloable but I don't think it's so easy as you say.

5 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

This cant be right... i was in a Railjack with an MR 0 Captain in the Veil...

I never checked the requirements myself but clearly either there arent any or you can by pass them somehow.

You have to have completed the 2nd Dream to have access...You don't get access to the 2nd Dream until MR3.

9 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

So then how does an MR 0 player have a fully loaded Railjack then ?

Most likely a long-time veteran who's bypassed a lot of various MR gates by having done the content already before said MR gates were put in. There are a couple of old weirdos who like to stay at MR0 as a gimmick

3 minutes ago, quxier said:

MR3 is ~22k of experience. It's possible to level some stuffs not knowing a lot about the game.

Sure, but since you folks love calling RJ a "content island" that's also completely irrelevant 😃

4 minutes ago, quxier said:

I've tried doing it solo 2 times (before and after update). Ship gun is so slow that I cannot kill enemies. When I try to kill them with ship-gun another enemies enter my ship. Well... it doesn't take too much time before I fail. And it's not like I take some base-level frame/weapons...

My first RailJack on my main before the refresh had me flying backwards the whole mission just to hit stuff. Apoc guns are evil as they are projectile based and you have to lead the target.

My First RailJack on my alt (same starter weapons) did not... Part of that was knowing that you have to lead your shots and part of that is the fact that fighters are just way squishier now.

That said, my kid had zero problems regardless (Apoc starter and no gunner intrinsic reticule to help lead the shots)...YMMV.  

A hitscan weapon for the front guns on the Starter Railjack may ease that beginning...But I don't see it as crucial as there's no shame in flying backwards to split the difference. 

On the subject of boarders...

Knowing to maintain 2k+ worth of distance from Crew Ships is something you learn from trial and error as that's about when they launch ram sleds.

All things being equal? Being boarded was also way more dangerous before the refresh than it is now.

Likewise, For weapons...Research the Sigma gear in your Drydock research.... They are vastly cheaper and work comparably to similar MK levels from other houses for low level.

15 minutes ago, quxier said:

So, maybe it's soloable but I don't think it's so easy as you say.

YMMV...I find it vastly easier now than before the refresh and I am not some pro gamer.

Where I didn't view RJ as comfortable to solo (or play) before the refresh I see Earth as entirely comfortable now.

And, as noted in my previous comments, I experienced no problems joining a pug at last attempt.

As to the rest? If you have tried it since the refresh and still feel incapable of playing the mode solo? Then perhaps consider joining a group.

Solo RailJack is much more frenetic regardless because you are doing all the jobs and innately have less firepower...Maybe that's what's tripping you up.

Speaking from the stand point of a player who attempted it solo with crap gear before and after the refresh? ...It's easier now.

43 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Most likely a long-time veteran who's bypassed a lot of various MR gates by having done the content already before said MR gates were put in. There are a couple of old weirdos who like to stay at MR0 as a gimmick

But Railjack isnt one of those things. It only existed last Year as far as I know so how does being a Veteran allow you to bypass the MR Lock of a new Mode ?

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

But Railjack isnt one of those things. It only existed last Year as far as I know so how does being a Veteran allow you to bypass the MR Lock of a new Mode ?

The post you quoted claimed that the actual requirement for accessing Railjack was completing The Second Dream. Which itself requires MR3 now, but did not before.

2 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

The post you quoted claimed that the actual requirement for accessing Railjack was completing The Second Dream. Which itself requires MR3 now, but did not before.

So what you're saying is only Veterans who complete the 2nd Meme before it got MR Locked can have MR 0 Rialjacks ?

That is definitely Interesting. 😮

42 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

So then how does an MR 0 player have a fully loaded Railjack then ?

We don't know that an MR 0 player actually does...We only know what you say you saw.

They could be, easily, have been clowning you with an MR 0 profile pic.

Likewise, you have noted that your own internet connection is generally poor so it's possible that latency kept such information from loading at all.

Heck, It could even have been a Rank 0 Frame (I just tried that one out solo for grins and giggles and it worked).

Being honest, it's really kind of hard to remain below rank 2 unless you simply don't like doing the tests... The MR for 1 fully leveled frame, primary and secondary, is almost enough to put a player at rank 3...That's not even counting node and planet completions.

33 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

I'm not pro gamer myself. However I am comfortable with low-level content (e.g. <50). I can succeed in many mission types even with some de-buffs or something. For low-level RJ I was expecting something easier, but I got, what you described, frantic experience.
As you said, YMMV, I can see how someone without too much experience with WF (or games in general) can be frustrated playing this mission solo. To be honest RJ is only one of few things that is frustrating for me. With things like RNG/Grind I can just buy a weapon or a frame (with prime parts grind or something). With RJ I don't know if it's even possible (to buy better ships, guns or something). And even if it were possible I don't think it would be worth the platinum (till the next quest at least).

29 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

So what you're saying is only Veterans who complete the 2nd Meme before it got MR Locked can have MR 0 Rialjacks ?

That is definitely Interesting. 😮

No...It just means that you didn't actually see what you think you saw.

The Second Dream is just MR 3 locked now... But it has always been progression locked.

The earliest you ever could have completed Phobos Junction (required to get Stolen Dreams) was MR2... I suppose some engaged exploiter could have hacked that fight to complete in a team but defeating the Mag Spector ( to get Stolen Dreams) would have pushed you to MR3 regardless (2K MR award).

That's even assuming you only did enough of Earth Mars and Jupiter to progress to the next planet... and you did it all in a group staying out of affinity range the whole time.

10 minutes ago, quxier said:

I'm not pro gamer myself. However I am comfortable with low-level content (e.g. <50). I can succeed in many mission types even with some de-buffs or something. For low-level RJ I was expecting something easier, but I got, what you described, frantic experience.
As you said, YMMV, I can see how someone without too much experience with WF (or games in general) can be frustrated playing this mission solo. To be honest RJ is only one of few things that is frustrating for me. With things like RNG/Grind I can just buy a weapon or a frame (with prime parts grind or something). With RJ I don't know if it's even possible (to buy better ships, guns or something). And even if it were possible I don't think it would be worth the platinum (till the next quest at least).

Research and build the Sigma gear from the Railjack research console...It should make things much easier and doesn't tie you into needing to use wreckage which freely allows you to scrap it for dirac; which can be used to upgrade your whole ship. Solid equipment imo.

Note: I am saying this from the experience of the Ghost Clan...Higher tiers will likely be more costly.

For me, here's my order of operations solo:

• Stay 2000 km from any Galleons, Asteroid Bases, and Crewships... Pop Nacelles, if needed, to keep them from chasing (sometimes they do and sometimes they don't).
  • Work to dodge Crewship attacks as they do a lot of damage.
  • I focus on fighters and emplacements (unless close to crewships) while giving special attention to Mine Layers and Elite Fighters (more goodies) 
  • I don't use Omni until I get a Critical Failure Imminent and once I clear that I clear any lingering fires.
  • I don't leave the RJ until the fighters are gone.
  • If I have used any Omni I check the forges and re-fill before leaving the RJ
  • I don't attempt to take control of a Crewship until I am on the last Crewship as it typically forces a new Crewship to spawn in.

Staying too close to Crewships can put you in this crazy loop where you are constantly clearing imminent failures, clearing boarders, and running the forge to make back lost Omni which keeps you from being able to pilot far enough away to deal with the actual Crewships themselves.

It gets a lot easier with forward artillery unlocked but I am greedy and mobs drop goodies... Crewships have mobs.

I hope that helps.

37 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

They could be, easily, have been clowning you with an MR 0 profile pic.

You do know you can actually see people's MR on the Interface Right ?

38 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Likewise, you have noted that your own internet connection is generally poor so it's possible that latency kept such information from loading at all.

I never actually said that...

What i said was im an out of region player so I always have poor connections.

39 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Heck, It could even have been a Rank 0 Frame (I just tried that one out solo for grins and giggles and it worked).

Nope... it was a Rank 30 Frame... MR 0 profile.

14 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

No...It just means that you didn't actually see what you think you saw.

Not me...

We...

I only saw it when one of my Crew Mates pointed it out and we confirmed this MR 0 player was the captain and actually was MR 0.

16 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

The Second Dream is just MR 3 locked now... But it has always been progression locked.

And ?

16 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

The earliest you ever could have completed Phobos Junction (required to get Stolen Dreams) was MR2... I suppose some engaged exploiter could have hacked that fight to complete in a team but defeating the Mag Spector ( to get Stolen Dreams) would have pushed you to MR3 regardless (2K MR award).

And that would make sense if the MR Tests didnt exist... 

However they do... meaning it really doesnt matter how much MR Points anything gives you as long as you dont do the Tests.

Considering what this player had in their Profile (Mostly Primes) I would say they could pass for MR 7 at most Easily.

20 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

That's even assuming you only did enough of Earth Mars and Jupiter to progress to the next planet... and you did it all in a group staying out of affinity range the whole time.

Why on earth would you need to Stay out of Affinity Range ? 

The game can force you Take MR Points but it cant actually Force you to Rank up.

30 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Research and build the Sigma gear from the Railjack research console...It should make things much easier and doesn't tie you into needing to use wreckage which freely allows you to scrap it for dirac; which can be used to upgrade your whole ship.

I hope that helps.

So can this be researched without having done any railjack content?  I've only picked up small amounts of the new materials from normal missions SSI I don't have much.

Archived