Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the point of Railjack?

Kacypacy

On 2020-07-29 at 12:56 AM, bronzebonobo said:

a half baked mess that was popped out of the oven too soon, will either be forgotten about like archwing or they will force us to play it at some point 1 or 2 years later down the road

Archwing as in the preferred mode of transportation in open worlds; required for the Balor Fomorian events; the sharkwing; the thing tied to the heavy weapons deployable in missions; and required for Railjack missions... That archwing? 

And I dunno but I thought that whole Scarlet Spear thing was going pretty well, so I must've accidentally put my time machine on autopilot for a couple of years into the future. You should keep an eye out for it, had some neat stuff in that one.

So just tried it out um... I don't feel any sort of improvements over what I've already seen from during the initial broken release, sure archwing guns are fine or the strike craft are "weaker" however basic side guns are useless... on the Earth set no less and again... every 2 seconds you're fixing something or repelling boarders.  I just don't see it, it just feels bad to play honestly.

4 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

To have annoying filler Nightwave missions nobody wants to play.

If this is what Nightwave is going to be then they might aswel just bring back alerts. 

2 hours ago, Hawk1911 said:

every 2 seconds you're fixing something or repelling boarders.

Pretty much... I was lucky... a friend was nice enough to give me Void Cloak.

33 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

If this is what Nightwave is going to be then they might aswel just bring back alerts. 

Pretty much... I was lucky... a friend was nice enough to give me Void Cloak.

There was a point where I felt that no matter what I did boarders would come or breaches would happen, as in, RJ is stationed and far from the action but RNG events would happen, it was probably just my imagination because they would never do something like that... right?

Technically speaking DE came up with NW because people wanted to have "something to do", that's also the same problem people with the need of endgame has, but then DE just throws in missions for content islands nobody likes, it is a surprise NW never added "X at Conclave", remember when we had "kill Profit Taker with a friend", one of the worst for me is scanning a Simaris target because those are usually 5 targets when Simaris never gives you 5 at once so you have to waste an entire day to get the remaining scans, recently there is also the Lich tasks.

8 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

There was a point where I felt that no matter what I did boarders would come or breaches would happen, as in, RJ is stationed and far from the action but RNG events would happen, it was probably just my imagination because they would never do something like that... right?

I genuinely dont know but its definitely what it feels like most of The Time...

9 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Technically speaking DE came up with NW because people wanted to have "something to do", that's also the same problem people with the need of endgame has, but then DE just throws in missions for content islands nobody likes

I dont know why it took me so long to realise this 😮

maybe I was just naive...

10 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

one of the worst for me is scanning a Simaris target because those are usually 5 targets when Simaris never gives you 5 at once so you have to waste an entire day to get the remaining scans, recently there is also the Lich tasks.

Simaris is actually an interesting one because you can Solo that one in a single day....

The way it works is when you complete a scan, the Nightwave Task Counter will update immediately... but if you Abort the mission The Simaris Scan gets thrown away but you get to keep the Nightwave Task Progress...

So if you have to do this challenge in a single day by yourself for whatever reason you can cheese it by Aborting whatever number of times needed after each scan.

Considering what we know about DE's Logic. Rather than acknowledging that 5 is clearly too many scans they will disable Nighrwave's Ability to track progress in real time not just for this One Task but for everything...because thats how they roll. 😎

If you put a little bit of time into Railjack, it becomes very easy, though maybe the progression curve starts off a bit steep. Of course, if you skip it because it starts off steep, it'll remain difficult forever.

Archived