Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akin, the Spartan v2.0

Gashabae

Akin v2.0 - derived from the Greek word Akinitos (ακίνητος) meaning immovable

A Spartan themed warframe wielding an exalted spear and shield, Machairi & Plaka.

Changes between v1.0 to v2.0

Spoiler

Name

• The frame was previously named Fortema but has been changed to Akin

Base Statistics

• Armour - increase from 250 to 375
  • Sprint - removes Clipeum interaction and reduces base from 1.15 to 1.0
  • Energy - increase from 125 to 150 at rank 0

Passive

Crowd Mentality

• Armour buff - increase and change from base 10 to a flat 25 
  • Range - decrease from 20m to 18m
  • Health regen - decrease from 1hp/s to 0.5hp/s

Abilities

Dory

• renamed
  • ability reworked

Rallying Tempo

• renamed
  • ability reworked

Flag Bearer

• moved from fourth ability slot to third

Jagged Barrier

• new exalted ability

---

Base Statistics

Health - 150 (450 at max rank)

Shield - 25 (75 at max rank)

Armour - 375

Sprint - 1.0

Energy - 150 (225 at max rank)

---

Passive(s)

Crowd Mentality

Akin gains an additional 25 armour and 0.5 health regeneration for every enemy within 18 meters of him.

Deafening 

Enemies that are within range when Akin bashes his shield are under this effect causing them to be staggered and opening them up to stealth damage for the duration of the effect. Additionally these enemies cannot have their agro pulled by gunfire and are generally in disarray only firing at warframes they can see or are damaged by.

Oplostasio

Akin gains an innate 25% combo efficiency while wielding a sword and shield (spear and shield), dagger or polearm.

---

Abilities

If an effect from an ability cannot be modded for it will be highlighted in red, otherwise it should be fairly obvious which stat increases it.

1. Dory - 25 energy

Akin launches Machairi forward traveling a distance of 8/10/12/15 meters before disappearing. Enemies within 3/4/5/6 meters of the spear will be dragged to it lining up enemies for follow up attacks. If Machairi directly passes through an enemy they will be 65/75/85/100% more vulnerable to damage. Upon contact with a surface Machairi causes an explosion 4/5/6/8 meters in radius dealing 100/145/200/265 impact damage. This scales off of melee mods. All enemies within the explosion radius are knocked down.

• [Synergy - Jagged Barrier] While Jagged Barrier is active Dory will no longer explode on impact. Instead Akin dashes towards the impact point at a speed of 20 m/s pushing enemies with Plaka to Machairi. At the end of the dash Akin retrieves Machairi and continues combat. 

2. Rallying Tempo - 5 energy per bash

Akin begins to bash Plaka pulling in all enemy agro within 6/8/10/12 meters of him. Plaka is struck 10 times within 8 seconds. Each subsequent strike of his shield increases the agro radius by 15%. During this time Akin receives 65% damage reduction to a max of 95% but cannot use his other abilities or weapons. The last strike to Plaka is much harder stunning and deafening all enemies within agro radius and line of sight for 6/7/8/10 seconds. This also permanently reduces their accuracy by 60% to a max of 90%. While channeling allies receive a 20/30/40/50 % increase to attack speed. Pressing the ability key while channeling will prematurely expire channeling.

3. Flag Bearer - 75 energy

Akin plants a flag into the ground granting all allies within 10/12/15/18 meters of the flag an additional 15/30/45/60 % status chance and critical damage buff, this lasts for 8/9/10/12 seconds.

• [Synergy - Jagged Barrier] If Jagged Barrier is active Akin will have the option to pick up the flag placing it on his back in his shield's stead using the interact key, "x". This halves the radius but doubles the current duration of the ability. Pressing the Ability key again will drop the flag doubling the ability radius and halving the current ability duration.

4. Jagged Barrier - 25 energy + 5 energy / second

Akin brings Plaka forward off his back and Machairi fabricates in his hand. Machairi deals 100/145/200/265 damage. Blocked damage has a 100% chance of being redirected to the assailant with a guaranteed stagger proc. Block angle is increased with combo multiplier, 7.5 ° per stack with an increase of 90 ° at max combo. Jagged Barrier's heavy attack is a short range aoe deafening bash similar to Rallying Tempo, duration is 6/7/8/10 seconds. While active Akin is resistant to knockdowns and his armour can no longer be bypassed via slash procs.

Machairi & Plaka Statistics

Spoiler

Utility

Attack Speed - 1.2

Range - 3.0 m

Combo Duration - 3 s

Block Angle - 90 ° 

Follow Through - 80%

Normal Attacks

Damage -  Puncture b 170.4   Slash b 94.6

Total Damage - 265.0 (Puncture b 64%) 

Critical Chance - 20%

Critical Multiplier - 2.3x

Status Chance - 25%

Slam Attacks

Slam Impact - 795.0

Radial Damage -  Puncture b 265.0 

Radial Force Proc -  Ragdoll b Ragdoll

Slam Radius - 5.0 m

Heavy Attacks

Heavy Impact - 1325.0

Wind-up - 0.3 s

Heavy Slam - 1325.0

Radial Damage -  Puncture b 1325.0

Slam Radius - 8.0 m

Other Attacks

Slide Attack - 265.0

Miscellaneous

Polarities -  Madurai Pol Madurai Pol Vazarin Pol

Stances - Jagged Barrier

---

Akin v1.0 (Originally named Fortema)

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1143948-warframe-concept-fortema-the-spartan/

---

Thanks for reading!

- Good Luck, Have Fun -

4 hours ago, (PS4)OmegAmorbis said:

Really diggin" this one. Good synergies and seems like it'd be a lot of fun to use. Does Akin really have three passives though? I'm just curious, 'cause most frames have 1 or 2. Eh, whatever. Nice work though!

Thanks you! I was a bit hesitant when it came to adding an exalted since they're typically not my style but I think his first worked out.

Ok, so Crowd Mentality is what I'd call his main passive. Deafening isn't so much a passive as it is a new status effect. Oplostasio is akin, pun intended, to excals passive with a different effect which I guess would be his second passive. In truth, I wasn't originally planning to make Oplostasio but since it synergies well with Jagged Barrier's unique heavy attack I figured may as well. If it ends up being too much I could always drop it, I'm not that attached to it lol.

38 minutes ago, Be_Stupid said:

Thanks you! I was a bit hesitant when it came to adding an exalted since they're typically not my style but I think his first worked out.

Ok, so Crowd Mentality is what I'd call his main passive. Deafening isn't so much a passive as it is a new status effect. Oplostasio is akin, pun intended, to excals passive with a different effect which I guess would be his second passive. In truth, I wasn't originally planning to make Oplostasio but since it synergies well with Jagged Barrier's unique heavy attack I figured may as well. If it ends up being too much I could always drop it, I'm not that attached to it lol.

Funny thing is, I was on the wiki earlier and I saw that Mesa actually has three passives, so there is precedent for it. Either way, I don't think it's too many in this frame's case, especially since they work well with his kit.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegAmorbis said:

Funny thing is, I was on the wiki earlier and I saw that Mesa actually has three passives, so there is precedent for it. Either way, I don't think it's too many in this frame's case, especially since they work well with his kit.

I've done a few other concepts with multiple passives and I always wondered if more than two was too much. No one called me out on it so I figured it was ok 🤷‍♂️. Good to know it's acceptable. Thanks for the info!

Archived