Jump to content

Heart of Deimos being infested open world, who actually believes this?


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

That actually sounds really cool not gonna lie.

Man...the Tennocon gameplay demos/reveals this year just won't be the same without the audio from a live audience...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aldain said:

Careful with that it's an antique.

-quietly adds plus 1 like-

She's a wild meme, from the old days. She deserves to be used, not rot in some godforsaken know your meme page. To see the light of day! To induce laughter and despair once more.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

She's a wild meme, from the old days. She deserves to be used, not rot in some godforsaken know your meme page. To see the light of day! To induce laughter and despair once more.

indiana jones artifact GIF

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Well this time around it's different, they said that what will be shown won't be a demo but the actual build that will be released soon after(probably if everything goes smooth)

DE have said a lot of things that aren't accurate or straight up haven't happened... I'm still waiting on the 'bullet stopping mag' from that 2019 trailer that was 'almost ready' according to a devstream shortly after. 

I'll wait till tennocon or even better release day rather than taking notice of stuff they say before hand to 'build hype' like they usually do, I've been here far too long and know better.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Well this time around it's different, they said that what will be shown won't be a demo but the actual build that will be released soon after(probably if everything goes smooth)

They say alot of things....

They can just, I don't kown, Show & Ship on day 1. Not have them show it off and it come 2-3 weeks later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LSG501 said:

DE have said a lot of things that aren't accurate or straight up haven't happened... I'm still waiting on the 'bullet stopping mag' from that 2019 trailer that was 'almost ready' according to a devstream shortly after. 

I'll wait till tennocon or even better release day rather than taking notice of stuff they say before hand to 'build hype' like they usually do, I've been here far too long and know better.

Honestly, you're better off waiting a couple of months post-release before taking notice. Plains of Eidolon was a godawful buggy mess. Orb Vallis was a godawful unbalanced mess. And that was when there was no pandemic and people could go into the office.

Now? I don't expect any major release to be even remotely playable. Unless they're paying you to beta-test things, there's no reason to subject yourself to what's inevitably going to be an incredibly frustrating experience.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

Honestly, you're better off waiting a couple of months post-release before taking notice. Plains of Eidolon was a godawful buggy mess. Orb Vallis was a godawful unbalanced mess. And that was when there was no pandemic and people could go into the office.

Now? I don't expect any major release to be even remotely playable. Unless they're paying you to beta-test things, there's no reason to subject yourself to what's inevitably going to be an incredibly frustrating experience.

Oh I never expect a bug free experience... we've still got bugs from years back lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

Honestly, you're better off waiting a couple of months post-release before taking notice. Plains of Eidolon was a godawful buggy mess. Orb Vallis was a godawful unbalanced mess. And that was when there was no pandemic and people could go into the office.

Now? I don't expect any major release to be even remotely playable. Unless they're paying you to beta-test things, there's no reason to subject yourself to what's inevitably going to be an incredibly frustrating experience.

I haven’t seen 1 online game update or launch that is not a bug filled mess. So yes, early access players beware. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Orb Valis was originally supposed to have the "Meat Cave" which was going to be a large infested underground zone, so I'm inclined to believe that while they where working on the Valis they where also working on open world infested assets that could have been translated over to an open world infested project of their own. 

Which would also explain why we never saw the lauded "Meat Cave" on the Valis because it would devalue the impact of said assets. 

So it is quite plausible that this has been side burnered since Fortuna. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Infested Open World? It concerns me when people get this hopeful. At most, I could see this being a prelude to them announcing development for another open world. But to expect them to just drop one in our laps without months of advertising/hyping? Seems highly unlikely.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

Infested Open World? It concerns me when people get this hopeful. At most, I could see this being a prelude to them announcing development for another open world. But to expect them to just drop one in our laps without months of advertising/hyping? Seems highly unlikely.

If it was just speculation like this, I'd agree with you. But, quite honestly, it isn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

Infested Open World? It concerns me when people get this hopeful. At most, I could see this being a prelude to them announcing development for another open world. But to expect them to just drop one in our laps without months of advertising/hyping? Seems highly unlikely.

The leaks are hard to argue with. 🤷‍♀️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

If it was just speculation like this, I'd agree with you. But, quite honestly, it isn't.

I could see potentially what you described in your first post, about an open-world railjack. Which would be pretty cool. But I certainly don't expect anything like another Fortuna or Plains.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IntheCoconut said:

I could see potentially what you described in your first post, about an open-world railjack. Which would be pretty cool. But I certainly don't expect anything like another Fortuna or Plains.

That's still what I'm expecting, but save some serious mind games from the devs, it might as well be confirmed that what comes out is using Open-World mechanics.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...