Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos being infested open world, who actually believes this?

11 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Wonder how many new weapons come with -cyst in their names.

Behold - the Cystacyst.

It's a cyst on a stick that fires globs of mutagen that turns enemies into cysts, that explode when other enemies approach them, infecting them with a disease that covers them in cysts.

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Behold - the Cystacyst.

It's a cyst on a stick that fires globs of mutagen that turns enemies into cysts, that explode when other enemies approach them, infecting them with a disease that covers them in cysts.

While cysting the ground, wall and roof.

16 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Getting to the mission with a RJ, will be...alright as long as it's a simple loading screen or you can do stuff ON THE WAY.

But again, I ask you, what part of the SS Event did you not understand?,  no one (alteast to what I saw) did that much RJ missions and spammed the ground, This update will legit be still issue as SS, no one doing RJ (cuz it sucks) and everyone doing Ground Missions.

We'll wait until tomorrow but if it turns out the way you think it will, gonna be honest if you, it will die the second it drops. 

Oh definently it would need to be a free roam area with things to kill and stuff to mine etc. as we get to missions. I do however there are options in such a case for quick travel if we like to hit up specific missions, and not just have to rely on manual travel. Not fun if people hold you hostage etc. when all you wanna do is get there.

Honestly I had the exact opposite experience in SS. It wasnt uncommon when I arrived at the relay that there were say 8 Murex and only 6 Condrix groups and someone in chat going "zermagerd send me kowdz!!!" along with "geshdernit, dem ground krewz are slow/suck/leeches/turrebel/waffles" or similar. The problem with SS was mostly squad link and having to rely 100% on two different progressions for max rewards. If this new Deimos thing has it's own rewards for whatever you do, there will be no issue regarding who does what. And I'm quite sure that if this will be a RJ and ground thing, there will probably be exclusive rewards tied to each. And if the leaks imply anything, we'll have bounties, and I'm sure some of these bounties will involve both modes with their own reward tables as opposed to pure space or pure ground bounties.

The biggest thing I'm hoping for are infested modular weapons or companions.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Behold - the Cystacyst.

Amateur...I want Dex SyngertistaCatalystistacysts.

Only when I have two guns that stack two infectious agents that act as a catalyst to synergistically create something even more horrible when both hit their target will I be satisfied.

Edit:  I’ll stack it on your idea:

DEX SYNERGISTACATALYSTACYSTACYST.

Maybe shorten it to Dex SynCataCyst?

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Behold - the Cystacyst.

Sistacyst already excysts. Her name is Saryn!

17 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Getting to the mission with a RJ, will be...alright as long as it's a simple loading screen or you can do stuff ON THE WAY.

But again, I ask you, what part of the SS Event did you not understand?,  no one (alteast to what I saw) did that much RJ missions and spammed the ground, This update will legit be still issue as SS, no one doing RJ (cuz it sucks) and everyone doing Ground Missions.

We'll wait until tomorrow but if it turns out the way you think it will, gonna be honest if you, it will die the second it drops. 

The problem with DE is, that if they want you to play the thing they made, they will make it so that ground missions give diddly-squat while railjack(off) gives ten times the amount of materials you need to make anyhting. You know, the good ol' "encouragement".

Just now, (NSW)RATHURUE said:

Everyone theorizing Heart of Deimos would be either open world or RJ-based mission, while I'm concerned about the two flying bosses needs to be fought on AW.

Already had Primary kitgun with Pax Charge prepared, but we'll see...

'either' - I'm predicting a hybrid. Lots of smaller areas using open world mechanics traversed between with Railjack, presumably with Railjack content in the space portion. It's not unreasonable to suggest that, if the 'jack is involved, one of the big monsters will be fought with it. The other one at least has legs, so we'll probably be able to force it to ground itself. It could even by so big that it dominates the skies despite having its feet upon the ground. DE does seem to make each open world's bosses be bigger and bigger after all.

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

Do you think Helminth will finally get some love?

I really hope they do something with him after such a long time.

I'd suggest that's how we find it, but there was lots of speculation that we'd find Fortuna via Cetus that came to naught, so I'm going to assume that it'll just appear without context as per usual.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb JackHargreav:

Do you think Helminth will finally get some love?

I really hope they do something with him after such a long time.

I hope they even remember him still.

And yes i mean that they literalyl admitted in a old devstream that they forgott the allignment system aswell.

My bet is he won't have any part in it and we get more new characters that later will beforgotten or not impact anything at all anymore.

Or like with Little Duck pushed in the for ground for no reason with her own relais in Scarlet Spear and suddenly vanishes with it agian withouta trace, a whole goddamn relais.

Looks like I was right after all...And the real icing on the cake?, it's not even gonna be out on Day 1 or a week after, all the way until 25th of August, so much for "ship what we show" when it's 4-5 weeks away. 4-5 weeks is better then a year or months away tho, so I guess that's something.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Circle_of_Psi:

Looks like I was right after all...

And the real iceing on the cake?, it's not even gonna be out on Day 1 or a week after, all the way until 25th of August, so much for "ship what we show" when it's 4-5 weeks away

It will be an empty open world as well. Same like Plains and Orbvallis. Oh the quest is gonna be split into 3 parts. Yeah I didnt even saw the third part of RJ till now.

7 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Looks like I was right after all...And the real icing on the cake?, it's not even gonna be out on Day 1 or a week after, all the way until 25th of August, so much for "ship what we show" when it's 4-5 weeks away. 4-5 weeks is better then a year or months away tho, so I guess that's something.

You seem to have misinterpreted what they meant by that, they meant it wasn't a demo that was filled with features that will get cut or won't be implemented until way after release.

11 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Actually, for DE  (and really the gaming industry in general), showing a huge update at the beginning of the month, and then releasing it at the end of the month, pretty much is "right away". 

I'm honestly shocked. One: no railjack. Fully had that pegged. Not a deal-breaker for me, but I suppose Railjack itself was a deal-breaker for others.

Two: lots more void-y stuff than anticipated! That I am happy with. Hoping for some secret Operator shenanigans, because they also really need a rework. Go double since void damage (objectively the worst damage type, it has nothing but drawbacks) is now on a frame.

Three:

5 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

It will be an empty open world as well. Same like Plains and Orbvallis. Oh the quest is gonna be split into 3 parts. Yeah I didnt even saw the third part of RJ till now.

They indicated it's smaller, but has tileset stuff built into it, so if you're just in it for the tilesets, you're not out of luck.

Not to mention, y'know, there's still a bunch of what seem to be regular missions as well.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Loza03:

I'm honestly shocked. One: no railjack. Fully had that pegged. Not a deal-breaker for me, but I suppose Railjack itself was a deal-breaker for others.

My guess is we wont see Command Intrinsics anymore. With the Tennocon it was clearly shown that the usual problem with DE still exists. Once they see something new and fancy in other Games they gonna adapt it half baked for Warframe. Fixing already released stuff? Wont happen. Heck in the Live Demo of Deimos I had suddenly some Anthem Vibes after Kiddo entered the Armor ...

Archived