Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos being infested open world, who actually believes this?

2 hours ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

-snip-

Not everyone is a fan of open world, but to be fair, an massive Infested Garden like open world might look really damm pretty, as the Infested have already plant-life like style to them, but yeah, what else can it be?, whuold you pefure it to be?.

I whuold be fine for a complete new world to go to with it's own nodes  

I'm really hoping this is a troll. This is just a bit too weird for me. I love Warframe but... a dating sim? 

I.... I don't understand. Did their stats tell them this is what players really want? 

What is going on here? I feel like I woke up in some weird parallel dimension. 

14 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I mean, I don't really think it's the case either, but it's within the realm of possibility.

There's some far more damning leaks, that I won't discuss here because the mods don't like that.

I mean, for good reason but, yeah.

Fair enough, ya'll mind dropping me a DM?, I may already have what you plan to show, but let's say I only have 2 images of certain things, but if you have more let me kown.

57 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

They covered this already both Steve and Rebecca in streams. They need full access to their offices and studio to finish the New War, and continue work on Duviri. They are giving us something they can do from home under the current restrictions that were placed upon them in Canada. 

To be fair, in the states where I’m working daily, reports are the per capita for Covid-19 positives is 15x that of Canada.

So as restrictive as things are, there, it seems to be working.

This is why I think DE learning and implementing an evolutionary/revolutionary production model is something that should be considered.  The waiting game is dangerous. 

26 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I mean, I don't really think it's the case either, but it's within the realm of possibility.

There's some far more damning leaks, that I won't discuss here because the mods don't like that.

I mean, for good reason but, yeah.

I mean this point if people really want to know you can go just watch Tactical Potatoes vid on Youtube. He's pretty much covered it, now I stopped when he said spoilers since I am absolutely and diametrically opposed to spoilers, on the false hype they generate, and the insult it is to unreleased art that members of the Dev team who we rarely see spend a great deal of time and passion to create.

Music, art, the Warframes themselves, the weapons I find such an insult to artists to have their time and energy corrupted by people who datamine and leak their work before it is done or ready to be unveiled. And for what to satiate a need for info? It is the artists of the work and it is their right to be the ones to show it off not anyone else's. It is no different than people stealing other artists content and reposting it on Twitter or Youtube it is disheartening, and appalling in my opinion. So much so I can not put into words how much this frustrates and angers me and both a professional and spiritual level.

How dare they, how ABSOLUTE DARE THEY! And for what clicks, likes, little hearts on a post is that what people are reduced to for their need of knowledge at the expense of the time and energy of the artists who create it. It is absurd! 

I have to stop here.

Edit: @Loza03 Apologies if this came across as directed at you, its not. Its a subject that I feel very passionate on due to personal experience, and from seeing friends who are artists have this done to them. I am not going to delete this, but I am clarifying that it is not aimed at you in anyway. My passions overtook me for a moment and for that I sincerely apologize. 

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Fair enough, ya'll mind dropping me a DM?, I may already have what you plan to show, but let's say I only have 2 images of certain things, but if you have more let me kown.

I'm fairly sure I have the same two things.

21 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Yeah you are.

Everybody is.

Bruh lets wait for tennocon. Everybody's being presumptuous. This information may be as much as true as the guy next to you, and the guy next to him.

Everybody's speculating based on past implications, and what's said on passing. Nothing concrete.

Fair enough

32 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Isn't doing something like this illegal tho?

Putting fluster information on a game to drive up hype and red herrings to obscure vital and key information?, As far I recall it files under the false or misleading information offence, cuz with the state that WF is in right now, doing this (what you said) is not a good thing to try get players to come back to your game. 

Short answer, no, there is absolutely nothing illegal about it. 

Long answer: There could be, but only if they were like... selling pre-orders or something that were non-refundable, and the final product turned out to be way, way different from the teasers, and could be legally shown to be false advertising (DE would also have to be refusing refunds on said preorders). 

There is nothing illegal about leaking fake or misleading information, as long as you are not legally shown to have used that to increase your profits in a direct way, as in, taking advantage of a players expectations, and then refusing to compensate them when it's obvious they were misled.

But they haven't even said what this for sure, they have only given us the barest of teasers, and they aren't selling pre-orders for it or anything like that. 

So it is in no way illegal. They can leak what they please. 

Also, you have to consider that that the type of law you are talking about is not criminal law, which gets you jail time, it's civil law, which can only get you sued. This isn't a police report, or an official statement to the law, it's a trailer. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Short answer, no, there is absolutely nothing illegal about it. 

Long answer: There could be, but only if they were like... selling pre-orders or something that were non-refundable, and the final product turned out to be way, way different from the teasers, and could be legally shown to be false advertising (DE would also have to be refusing refunds on said preorders). 

There is nothing illegal about leaking fake or misleading information, as long as you are not legally shown to have used that to increase your profits in a direct way, as in, taking advantage of a players expectations, and then refusing to compensate them when it's obvious they were misled.

But they haven't even said what this for sure, they have only given us the barest of teasers, and they aren't selling pre-orders for it or anything like that. 

So it is in no way illegal. They can leak what they please. 

Hummmmm......I see, thanks for the information..

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I hate to ask such a thing, but why whuold you out-right defend such without realizing that they have done more damage, then what "YTs" do.

You have lost me here, defend who? The artists or the data miners who leak the art?

8 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Now heres the thing, are they just NPCS or can we drive the Mechs?

Without assuming too much, each of the former openworlds came with their own new way of transportation

31 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I see, cuz if I'm going to be honest with you, it should be.

While I understand no Dev ever should deal with datamineing, doing such "Red Herrings" will not only anger the fanbase but also lead to misleading issues, people logging in thinking its something, only to see it's not then, boom logged right back off, to play another (and clearly) better game?.

That is the Vibe I am getting and I really don't think I'm the only one.

I hope lol 

Oh don't worry about that, I lost my faith in this game a very long time ago, the fact that the leaks make their update sound more exciting then the latter, really shows you. Hell I am just waiting here to see the Tennocon reveal, see its something that was "mislead about" and right there and then, lose Interest, move on.

But I see your point.

Or maybe a bigger part of the problem is that people who are supposed to have been "partners" and got free stuff for years to test and show off, that got them all kinds of free views, pay back DE for their cooperation with them by slapping them in the face and throwing up spoiler related material on whatever channel/site or whatever media they have as soon as they get their hands on it. 

And instead of excoriating them for it, the community laps it up. 

So maybe DE has no choice but to put in some red herrings. What other option do they have? Explain it to me. 

Because otherwise they just let jerks leak everything they worked so hard to build, before they can release it and hype it in the context they wanted to in the first place. And if they do put up red herrings, people who chase actual leaks and spoilers that DE doesn't even want you to know about yet, get upset because the "spoiler was wrong", well DE didn't even want you to know about that stuff at all yet, and you want to blame THEM because your lack of context or whatever caused you to be misled? No offense, but if you are upset because the final product wasn't like something you expected, when you are actually going to Reddit or Youtube and looking at alleged leaks, than that is entirely your own fault, and you ruined your own expectations, not DE. 

We cannot have it both ways as gamers. 

If you don't want potential red herrings or misleading trailers or leaks from DE, then stop gobbling up datamined information and other stuff like it. DE wouldn't feel the need to protect their game that way if the community didn't eat up spoilers like the contestants at a hot dog eating competition. 

8 минут назад, Tesseract7777 сказал:

I'm really hoping this is a troll. This is just a bit too weird for me. I love Warframe but... a dating sim? 

I.... I don't understand. Did their stats tell them this is what players really want? 

What is going on here? I feel like I woke up in some weird parallel dimension. 

Knowing dating sim games are popular(I have no clue why) and knowing DE likes to add barebone bits of something popular into warframe - it might be true. Though I'm not sure if it will be benefitial to them if its true.

1 minute ago, Unibot said:

Knowing dating sim games are popular(I have no clue why) and knowing DE likes to add barebone bits of something popular into warframe - it might be true. Though I'm not sure if it will be benefitial to them if its true.

It just seems so... out of place. The very idea of it. 

If it is less romantic, and comes across more as a personal influence thing or something... like sort of personal syndicates you build up with npc's or something, idk. Then, maybe I could see it working. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not planning to quit over it, but I definitely am very skeptical on if something like this could be made to fit in Warframe. Like anything, I'm prepared to wait and see, could just be a troll by DE to distract us too... 

47 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Isn't doing something like this illegal tho?

Putting fluster information on a game to drive up hype and red herrings to obscure vital and key information?, As far I recall it files under the false or misleading information offence, cuz with the state that WF is in right now, doing this (what you said) is not a good thing to try get players to come back to your game. 

Nope, all games do it, hence why 99% of the games out there that live on continous updates see data-mining posts as breaches to the code of conduct which can result in banns or suspensions. People need to specifically have data-mine interest in order to find that "false" or "misleading" info, so it is in a place most of the public wont go to begin with. 

2 минуты назад, Tesseract7777 сказал:

It just seems so... out of place. The very idea of it. 

If it is less romantic, and comes across more as a personal influence thing or something... like sort of personal syndicates you build up with npc's or something, idk. Then, maybe I could see it working. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not planning to quit over it, but I definitely am very skeptical on if something like this could be made to fit in Warframe. Like anything, I'm prepared to wait and see, could just be a troll by DE to distract us too... 

Don't worry, if it is a dating sim update - no one is holding you from skipping/avoinding/ignoring it, I will do so for sure as I did with those howerboards.
Just enjoy some bug fixes, some new bugs and the lack of new content to explore. It's not like its the first time this happens, right ? We just need to adapt to it already.

Many leaks these days are intentional. They're one of the newer ways marketing has chosen to create hype. Companies leave new devices where they can be seen. Related projects magically get revealed. "Testing software" somehow gets merged with live software and sent out during an update.

Some of it like others have said, is intentionally misleading. But, it still creates noise, and people talking about the product is what marketing wants.

Just now, Unibot said:

Don't worry, if it is a dating sim update - no one is holding you from skipping/avoinding/ignoring it, I will do so for sure as I did with those howerboards.
Just enjoy some bug fixes, some new bugs and the lack of new content to explore. It's not like its the first time this happens, right ? We just need to adapt to it already.

Yeah I agree, just like everything in Warframe, if you don't like it, don't worry, DE will keep it disconnected from the rest of the game for the most part. 

I came back after a break so I still have so many things to do, that if the update disappoints me, I will still have plenty to do. 

Archived