Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Stop Making Me Waste Potatoes...

kill3r_furby

Okay, no whiny bs, straightforward this time. Every time you release a pistol, release it's akimbo variant AT THE SAME TIME. If it doesn't have one, and won't have one, make it known when the gun comes out. Putting a (non-removable) potato on a gun and leveling it to 30 only for its akimbo counterpart to come out weeks later and still require you to put a potato in (even if you craft in one that has a potato) does not mellow my yellow.

Perfect example: Ballistica.

Will most likely have an akimbo variant coming out soon. Would cost 2 potatoes were I to level one to 30 as well as craft the dual variant as well.

Therefore, I am waiting to hear that either there will or won't be an akimbo variant before I buy ANYTHING for the gun(s). I'll go ahead and buy 2 blueprints, but I'm certainly not taking the chance of wasting my money.

Or maybe when you use the single variant to make the dual variant it will transfer the Catalyst. It would make sense to me.

If you start talking sense then every akimbo weapon would use 2 potatoes in the first place.. d'uh.. coz you know.. 2 pistols.

I'm for ...

- single version secondaries can be mounted in pair -> dual version (vice versa)

- not being able to zoom via "Aiming down sights" with dual weapons

- each sidearm of dual pair need to have own catalyst (and mods!?)

-

Edited by Voidflow

You're patient enough to wait, the whole idea is to make money off impatient people or people who want a single handed.

I agree, but my concern is that they never say whether there will be an akimbo variant until they just release it (or they don't). A little forewarning is all I'm asking for, give us the "Buy now for insta-fun, or wait for double fun" pitch.

Will most likely have an akimbo variant coming out soon. Would cost 2 potatoes were I to level one to 30 as well as craft the dual variant as well.

I highly doubt this. The Ballistica is a silent stealth like crossbow weapon. It is unlikely there will be an akimbo version due to this, and also its size.

Also consider the animations. how would we re-load it? it would be extremely awkward compared to other akimbos. There is also the issue of firing. How will the duel function work on duel weapons? Especially considering its a charged weapon.

WAT.

god, please no. Ballistica is already like an Acrid that can charge to increse it's damage. we don't need a dual. 

also, a dual would look friggin stupid. same boat as Lex here, it doesn't make any sense to be able to use two at the same time.

not to mention that Ballistica is a 'sidearm', yet it's the size of a Medieval Crossbow.

Or maybe when you use the single variant to make the dual variant it will transfer the Catalyst. It would make sense to me.

i think i like this. i could live with even a small Platinum charge to transfer it to the dual version. 5p or something.

I'm for ...

- single version secondaries can be mounted in pair -> dual version (vice versa)

- not being able to zoom via "Aiming down sights" with dual weapons

- each sidearm of dual pair need to have own catalyst (and mods!?)

-

So instead we could have left click=left gun. 

right click = right gun. 

That could be cool. 

Not just dual versus not-dual, but also balance changes in general. I got a Hek and found it to be a mediocre weapon...Apparently it used to be MUCH better. Tried Gorgon, found it to be terrible...Apparently it used to be MUCH better. Everybody who invested in those weapons wasted resources in the long run.

There's no sense in investing anything into a weapon unless I can be reasonably certain that it's going to stay what it is, that the nerfbat isn't coming. And since there is apparently no rhyme or reason whatsoever to the balance changes, I don't think we can ever have a reasonable degree of certainty that a weapon has achieved its intended point of balance and will no longer be changed. Maybe some significant time after launch, things will have steadied out, but for now... Don't potato. Don't forma. Save your resources until you can be sure which are the good investments.

My questions is this...instead of having to craft two of the same weapons and having to wait then go back and buy the blueprint for the akimbo version why not just be able to buy the akimbo blueprint and make them both as if it was a single weapons.

• 2 months later...