Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Banned For No Reason?

AVEOX

Watching their Twitch Livestream right now.

I just suggested they do an Orokin Derelict Vault Run and bam.

Message deleted.

Banned for 555 seconds.

Why?

EDIT:

Totally meant seconds.

Edited by AVEOX

I've been seeing a lot of messages getting deleted, and I have no idea why... They aren't particularly bad. A bit demanding, maybe, but nothing to ban over or bother deleting. And no, they weren't just all caps messages either.

Edited by RyojinOrion

Here is a snippet of the stuff that is being removed. Mods are doing their job. Don't be a blight in chat and you won't be banned

TENNOSCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM

So, I heard Rebecca & Mega were going to be kissing at the end of the stream... Who else is looking forward to that..?

Here is a snippet of the stuff that is being removed. Mods are doing their job. Don't be a blight in chat and you won't be banned

TENNOSCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM

So, I heard Rebecca & Mega were going to be kissing at the end of the stream... Who else is looking forward to that..?

tenno aren't scum. I hope he got flogged.

Edited by General_Krull

I can top that. I was watching Update 10 and another viewer was asking incredibly legit questions about game balance that didn't consist of entire caps, or disrespectul behaviour. I watched as his question was deleted each and everytime.

I decided to step in and said "Mod, why are you deleting [insert name]'s posts. It is a justified question! Just wow."

Now I am permanently banned. For standing up for someone's right to speak. Thanks Digital Extremes.

*EDIT*

By the way this is coming from someone who never said a word during the previous livestreams and so didn't get a warning for standing up for anyone else seeing as that is now a known offence.

My opinion? Don't support the livestreams if they are going to treat fans who will happily spend part of their day watching devs speak their minds about their baby like nothing with no right to speak.

Edited by NoirProxy

Yes I think it was all caps. Is that illegal?

There's rules for the stream chat right under the stream itself. It's good to read these on any livestream you watch if you're going to be using the chat. The second rule is "don't use all caps."

I can top that. I was watching Update 10 and another viewer was asking incredibly legit questions about game balance that didn't consist of entire caps, or disrespectul behaviour. I watched as his question was deleted each and everytime.

I decided to step in and said "Mod, why are you deleting [insert name]'s posts. It is a justified question! Just wow."

Now I am permanently banned. For standing up for someone's right to speak. Thanks Digital Extremes.

*EDIT*

By the way this is coming from someone who never said a word during the previous livestreams and so didn't get a warning for standing up for anyone else seeing as that is now a known offence.

My opinion? Don't support the livestreams if they are going to treat fans who will happily spend part of their day watching devs speak their minds about their baby like nothing with no right to speak.

Sorry to sound like an &#!-kisser, but maybe they use[d] one of those chat moderation bots? Or maybe they did not want certain questions asked because it was repeated so much? Just some ideas that come to mind for me. I don't know what the guy's questions were like so I cannot comment on that much.

I don't agree with them banning you for standing up, though, if it was a chat moderator who did it on their own; though the wording may have come off as offensive or hostile and that was their justification, and with how fast the chat goes, their actions are likely on a moment's notice and cannot be thoroughly thought through.

It likely was an accident. The mod tools for Twitch chat are so poor that it is very easy to hit the time-out on someone accidentally. The chat scrolls fast and erratically, so you have to hit the time-out exactly right otherwise you risk hitting an innocent by-stander above or below the actual offender. We apologize for collateral damage.

It likely was an accident. The mod tools for Twitch chat are so poor that it is very easy to hit the time-out on someone accidentally. The chat scrolls fast and erratically, so you have to hit the time-out exactly right otherwise you risk hitting an innocent by-stander above or below the actual offender. We apologize for collateral damage.

Accepting 50 plat apology.

LOL jk. But okay I forgive you.

Could you please make the effort to unban me then. An apology isn't enough.