(PS4)MuurPapier

PS4 Account Transfer to PC

Question

Will DE ever allow you to transfer your PS4 account to PC?

I played for years on PS4, before I had a decent PC, and spent many days and money in Warframe. I do not want to start from scratch on PC, because of all the progression that I made on PS4 and it just puts me off of playing the game due to knowing that all my progression is locked on a console that I no longer use.

I am sure that I am not the only one that feels like this and many people will greatly appreciate it knowing that they will not be locked in playing this great game in just one way. My idea is to transfer everything of your account and inventory to PC, wipe the current PC and PS4 account, and notify the user that the PS4 exclusive items may not carry over, or allow the items to be carried over to PC. I am aware that PC gets the updates first, but I do not understand why it is a problem, because it is not like transferring from PC to PS4 where you can possibly transfer a warframe to a version of the game that does not have it yet.

I am sure that the Warframe community agrees with me and any effort to allow this in the near future will be greatly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

It's not DE that doesn't want to make it happen, it's the console companies that don't want to let their players transfer to other platforms.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, (PS4)MuurPapier said:

Will DE ever allow you to transfer your PS4 account to PC?

I played for years on PS4, before I had a decent PC, and spent many days and money in Warframe. I do not want to start from scratch on PC, because of all the progression that I made on PS4 and it just puts me off of playing the game due to knowing that all my progression is locked on a console that I no longer use.

1 hour ago, McCIoud said:

It's not DE that doesn't want to make it happen, it's the console companies that don't want to let their players transfer to other platforms.

Because of the different ways that companies accept things, and the different ways money changes hands, it is very difficult for a company to change how they do things when transferring. For example, the bonus you get on console is a reduction in platinum cost for things, whereas on PC the bonus you get is the reduction of the cost FOR platinum. Trying to make the two compatible is something that will take a lot of jiggerypokery, and DE are not a big company. 

They have not said "never" for cross save, just they have other priorities at the moment. 

Sorry mate... it’s impossible. Closest you can get to playing on a PC with your PS4 save is using mouse and keyboard, if it worked properly that is

3 hours ago, McCIoud said:

It's not that, logistically all the different platforms would have to be on the same version of the game, events like e.g. fissures, invasions would need to be synchronized so everyone has the same things running.