PS4 Account Transfer to PC

Question

Will DE ever allow you to transfer your PS4 account to PC?

I played for years on PS4, before I had a decent PC, and spent many days and money in Warframe. I do not want to start from scratch on PC, because of all the progression that I made on PS4 and it just puts me off of playing the game due to knowing that all my progression is locked on a console that I no longer use.

I am sure that I am not the only one that feels like this and many people will greatly appreciate it knowing that they will not be locked in playing this great game in just one way. My idea is to transfer everything of your account and inventory to PC, wipe the current PC and PS4 account, and notify the user that the PS4 exclusive items may not carry over, or allow the items to be carried over to PC. I am aware that PC gets the updates first, but I do not understand why it is a problem, because it is not like transferring from PC to PS4 where you can possibly transfer a warframe to a version of the game that does not have it yet.

I am sure that the Warframe community agrees with me and any effort to allow this in the near future will be greatly appreciated.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shadowswarm18 said:

Can I at least bring me account over, even if I can't play with my Xbox friends?

No. If you want to switch platforms and start playing on PC, you have to create a new account on PC and start all over again. There is no way to do an account migration.

In the past, DE has only ever done account migrations from PC to a newly-launched console. The last time this was done was when the Switch launched, and DE allowed players to clone their PC account over to the Switch, however from that point onward the progression was entirely separate.

What you're asking for is essentially cross-save. One account, multiple platforms. This is not permitted in any fashion. Sorry.

10 minutes ago, Shadowswarm18 said:

Hey all. I have about 1500 hours of Warframe logged on my Xbox, and recently upgraded to a brand-new PC. I've spent a, erm, "somewhat large" amount of money on this game, and obviously an egregious amount of playtime. So, is there any way to play the game with my account on PC without having to go back to my old Xbox just to play? I haven't played at all recently simply due to the fact that I can't play unless I set up my Xbox again. Thanks

I'm going to be in the same boat next year when I build a PC for gaming. Lots of time and resources invested in my XB account and I won't play WF on PC until I can migrate my account over. If not, I won't be playing WF anymore once I am on a PC. 

• Like 1
Just now, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

I'm going to be in the same boat next year when I build a PC for gaming. Lots of time and resources invested in my XB account and I won't play WF on PC until I can migrate my account over. If not, I won't be playing WF anymore once I am on a PC. 

Yeah that's the boat I'm in of just not playing, which sucks since Bungie just ruined Destiny 2, my other looter shooter. My normal routine was to play WF for about 6 months, when content would start to get stale, then switch to Destiny, play for 6 months until it got stale, then when I came back to WF new content was primed and ready. I've been doing this for like 4 years, but now both my options are gone... just playing a lot of Apex until WF cross-save happens or Destiny/Overwatch gets balanced.

On 2020-11-10 at 1:23 AM, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

Mojang with Minecraft has cross-play, Psyonix did it with Rocket League & even Hi-Rez has done it with a multitude of their games. That's the few I can name off the top of my head. Dauntless, from what I've heard, provides cross-save functionality Apologies for not specifying, I'm just fatigued by Warframe & won't be dedicating almost 3 years to reach the point that I'm currently at on a different platform.

ah, right

i wasn't thinking hard enough. but now that you mentioned it, yeah they managed to do it. silly ol me

but i kinda see them as the exception, not the rule.
at least not yet.

i remember around 2017 i was playing rocket league on my ps4, with a friend on his pc, and thinking to myself "wow we actually managed to get queued in the same room together. gaming right now is truly awesome!"
but three whole years passed and only few has changed. i goggled about it and found that right now there are 20 games that fully supports cross play on ps4. out of hundreds that supports multiplayer, only 20 of them are cross play.

but i feel your pain. i'm an avid monster hunter fan, and everytime they change platform, it always hurts (and they do it a lot)
hopefully warframe can be one of these games that paves the path for future games.

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

What kinda person actually plays games on a switch? Like seriously...

The kind who doesn't care particularly for spec-wars and just enjoys having access to a solid roster of games.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Shadowswarm18 said:

At least they're working on it.. thanks man :)

Don't hold your breath. They've been trying to make it for six years, and even gave up for an entire year. They've only just recently re-started negotiations for it, in the hopes that a new console generation will make Sony and Microsoft more open to the idea

Cross-save/cross-progression has always been something DE has been interested in, because many players simply stop playing when they decide to switch platforms and find out they have to start all over again. Those are lost customers, which is lost revenue. DE has a financial incentive to have cross-save/cross-progression.

Microsoft and Sony had been staunchly opposed to cross-save/cross-progression for years, because to allow that meant less incoming revenue for them. Right now, you pay for a subscription to their service, you buy their console, you buy their controllers and other peripherals, and you have to buy plat thru their store. Each and every transaction is money in their pockets. The idea was that if you play on PC and want to play with your Xbox/PS buddies, you have to give Microsoft/Sony a huge chunk of money for the privilege, not to mention to recurring subscription fee. Furthermore, you don't get to keep your progress so you'll be more inclined to spend a ton on platinum in order to buy your progress back. Again, more money for them.

Now, in 2016 Microsoft changed their position on cross-save/cross-progression, starting with Rocket League. Sony in October 2019 officially stated it would allow any developers to support cross-platform play.

Minecraft and Fortnite allow for cross-platform play, as does Apex Legends and War Thunder, though I dont know about cross-save/progression. World of Tanks allows crossplay between Xbox and Playstation, but not PC. However crossplay is far from common, and I'm not sure there is any game our there that is truly 1-account, any platform.

It's not really an issue of technical difficulties: the studios own the games and you log in to their servers regardless of platform. Some will cite the version difference between PC and consoles as being a restriction, but that's only a problem if the PC update is pushed before the console version passes cert. Yeah, that means PC players have to wait for the console guys before an update can go live, but that's not a technical problem. All they need to figure out for cross-save to work, apparently, is how to register three different login credentials to a single account, so that you can log in on PS with your PS info, Xbox with your Microsoft account, and PC with whatever email/password you have registered. That, to me, seems to be the likely sticking point with proper cross-save.

• Like 1

they really need to add it, or even just account migration. i am willing to pay for account migration! i stopped playing warframe because friends moved on and new friends dont have consoles, so i cant play with them on pc, i also wanted to switch to pc because its better then my console and i dont want to start from scratch because thats actually not just time down the drain, but cash too. ive bought several of the prime access and to see my fashion frame go down the drain is a shame. not about to double 2160 hours on warframe and a couple hundred dollars to get back where i was, id rather that time and money get pilled onto what already exists but whats the point in that on console when id just be playing solo and without friends on pc?

Long story short: suits gonna suit. Epic pulled it off with Fortnite because they have the money and moneymaking power with the world's third most popular form of communication. Rocket League has such obvious mass appeal that Sony eventually figured out they were losing money by keeping their players locked out. Minecraft is a global phenomenon that appeals to just about everyone, and MS has, again, money out the butt.

DE is no small potatoes anymore, but they are relatively tiny and WF is a fairly obscure game in comparison. Not to mention WF just hit 7 years on PS4, so those contracts are comparably ancient. There's probably some clause in there about how each platform needs to get a feature if any OTHER platform does. See how Switch had a grace period for PC account transfers on launch. The forum mods have made it pretty clear that there's some sort of "respect" issue about allowing freely transferring accounts.

At this stage, I can almost guarantee it's not an issue of technology. Might get muddy with multi-forma builds, especially if your builds aren't in sync between platforms. But that's a databasing problem. The real issue, as far as I can tell, is getting Sony to get on board with cross-save. Microsoft has fairly reliably shown that they're making the Xbox more as a convenience for their customers (building a PC is only easy if you're good at it and patient), and Nintendo hardly has the monopoly on gaming it had in the 90s. Sony, meanwhile, showed pretty much constant arrogance through the PS4's lifespan, and while they're showing some sense with the PS5, time will tell.

• Like 1
8 минут назад, (NSW)Silent_God сказал:

I think people across these platforms can agree we want cross play features to play with friends from different platforms, and cross save to carry the progress everywhere

I think people across these forums can agree that a forum search function already exists.

• Like 1

Oh, sure, we want cross-play. I don't think anybody questions it'd be awesome.

The question is whether Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo will play nice - as well as how to bring PC into this (personally I feel for the latter point a 'bedrock' edition similar to minecraft would work. A PC version that matches Console, and the current standard setup)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, (NSW)Silent_God said:

people across these platforms can agree we want cross play

Uhm... What about the "muh early broken updates, can't wait for console certs" people from pc? The ones mostly against a unified game version across platforms, which would mean one of the biggest cross stuff hurdles would be gone?

I'm all for waiting for a stable release after pc, or an early somewhat broken content release that gets patched quickly. But atm we are getting somewhat broken updates which still take a while to get patched (it's improved lately, tho). Whatever DE does, I just want them to stick with one pr the other, instead of a mix of both.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

Cross-save//cross-play still isn't available between console -> pc <- console. (Edit: I don't know who moved this "post topic" to this topic, because I'm already on PC, I don't want to transfer to console, I want to be able to play with friends who are on console - So... yea... makes no sense to transfer an account on PS4, to PC, when you can clearly see I'm already a PC member...  *Brings Palm to Face* )

No seriously, thats all.

Have a good day.

Edited by xavier1010

Yes, everyone knows.

Yes, they are working on it.

Please calm down, people asking for the millionth time won't make it be a thing any faster.

Edited by saghzs
reply to comment above, used to be its own thread

maybe if they gave weekly updates on it (like, maybe, a dev stream, since ya know, everybody is staying home right now...) people would stop bringing it up? "top priority" post update -> but its not something they are actively working on. They have mentioned it specifically NOT being something they are working on multiple times now.

I've given up hope.

I'll keep coming back and saying its still not here every once in a while... Why? because you can't tell someone something enough before it gets through to them, and by that time it'll be to late. 

On 2020-11-16 at 5:36 PM, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

Uhm... What about the "muh early broken updates, can't wait for console certs" people from pc? The ones mostly against a unified game version across platforms, which would mean one of the biggest cross stuff hurdles would be gone?

I'm all for waiting for a stable release after pc, or an early somewhat broken content release that gets patched quickly. But atm we are getting somewhat broken updates which still take a while to get patched (it's improved lately, tho). Whatever DE does, I just want them to stick with one pr the other, instead of a mix of both.

The main issue is that the stability of the consle partially relies on the PC release inevitably finding the bugs. It's hardly the best system (which is why the test cluster is becoming a thing), but it seems to works.

I could see there being two PC builds similar to Minecraft Java and Bedrock. Call it Warframe: Origin edition and Warframe: Unity edition. Former is the current setup, latter is synced up to console builds.

On 2020-11-09 at 8:41 AM, Soy77 said:

i beg your pardon, my good sir

if you don't mind informing silly old me, which game company actually managed to convince sony that it's okay for one of their customer to go over to xbox?

i've heard about some xbox - pc cross platform, but of course they're both owned by ms.
i also know about how xbox recently play nice with nintendo with some of their IPs, but that's because they're both losing to sony in the sales war, so it's understandable from logical and business perspective.

but of course, if by "cross platform" you only mean releasing game in multiple platforms, and not actually "cross play" or even "cross save" then it's my bad. but then again, warframe is already cross platform isn't it?

Not to mention Rockstar did for GTA5 until people exploited it, EA allowed it for BF3 and BF4 before the cross game UI update