Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Talk About Forma And The Void.

Brynslustafir

DE rebalanced the Void drop tables a little while ago, but they're still kinda messed up for one simple reason.

Forma. Lots and lots of Forma. In every single T3 void mission you have a 38% chance of getting a Forma BP instead of that ever elusive Orthos Prime blade, which only has an 11% drop chance. 

Why? I get that you can't make the void too easy, or else prime gear will become completely mundane, but this is just a bad idea. 

Getting T3 keys is hard enough already, now that doing 15 minutes of survival has a chance of giving you a T1 or T2 key instead of a T3 key. So why in the world would you want to make it so hard to get specific parts in the T3 missions? 

This would be a pretty easy problem to solve, just make specific parts more common and make Forma blueprints less common. Forma BP's are useful, but not as usefull as the parts I've been trying to find for a couple months now. 

Two words:

Lasting Power.

Nobody would run voids anymore if they had all the gear, but forma can be used for everything, so it brings people back into the void.

You missed the point. 

The over-abundance of forma is a huge roadblock for people who don't have all the gear. 

The gear is nothing but shiny trophies.

They have zero impact on the game unless you have the completionist/collectorist playstyle.

They're not just trophies. Some of them(such as Orthos Prime) are very powerful weapons that are sought after more for their stats than their looks. 

Oh come on. Don't hurt everyone else because you aren't getting your drop.

How about you suggest something that doesn't negatively affect the other 90% of the population. Such as "increase chance of prime BP drop rates IF you don't have them, but if you do, normal drop rates occur".

It'll be really sad if they do this (they won't - I hope), you get your BP, and come back here a month from now complaining about getting useless BPs instead of useful Forma's. 

The gear is nothing but shiny trophies.

They have zero impact on the game unless you have the completionist/collectorist playstyle.

Which a lot of people do because there isn't much else to do in Warframe when you are a veteran player. And increasing grind is a great way to piss off paying customers and create FALSE longevity. The amount of grind is the only reason people have 500+ hours under their belts. That isn't a good reason to have long play times.

Example: I have 300-350 hours in Warframe I believe. This is due to me wanting specific things and taking the time to get them (usually solo because I can't support groups, making the process more drawn out). I put more than 350 hours into the Mass Effect series. Why? Because I wanted to get as much out of the story as possible. I did every mission. Then, I played back through it all again to make different choices and get a different story. And I played through several times. Each full playthrough (1, 2, and 3 combined) amounted to around 120 hours. And I would gladly do it again. And that's BEFORE getting the ME3 DLC, as they came out after I left home.

Oh come on. Don't hurt everyone else because you aren't getting your drop.

How about you suggest something that doesn't negatively affect the other 90% of the population. Such as "increase chance of prime BP drop rates IF you don't have them, but if you do, normal drop rates occur".

It'll be really sad if they do this (they won't - I hope), you get your BP, and come back here a month from now complaining about getting useless BPs instead of useful Forma's. 

I'm not hurting anyone else. I'm suggesting changes to benefit Warframe.

We obviously have two choices here:

1. Prime gear parts drop in abundance, allowing players to get the Prime gears that they want at a good pace.

However, the Void keys become absolutely useless after the player obtains the said Prime gear, except for getting some credits and making Dragon keys. 

Forma famine resumes.

2. (The way it is right now) Forma and Forma BP drops in abundance in T3 Towers, allowing players to craft, build, and upgrade whatever they want. Prime gears take much much longer to farm due to drop table dilution. But when a player actually DOES finally obtain all the piece s/he needs, the player still has a reason to go back to the Void - for Forma, which are almost always useful.

The choice is rather obvious if you take 0.02 seconds to look at it from other people's point of view.

I'm not hurting anyone else. I'm suggesting changes to benefit Warframe.

Read his reply, that says everything you need to understand.

1. Prime gear parts drop in abundance, allowing players to get the Prime gears that they want at a good pace.

However, the Void keys become absolutely useless after the player obtains the said Prime gear, except for getting some credits and making Dragon keys. 

Forma famine resumes.

2. (The way it is right now) Forma and Forma BP drops in abundance in T3 Towers, allowing players to craft, build, and upgrade whatever they want. Prime gears take much much longer to farm due to drop table dilution. But when a player actually DOES finally obtain all the piece s/he needs, the player still has a reason to go back to the Void - for Forma, which are almost always useful.

The choice is rather obvious if you take 0.02 seconds to look at it from other people's point of view.

Forma famine resumes.

There are actually many more solutions/choices.

For example the most obvious one - Make a specific void which drops Forma frequently (say T3 Def), and reduce Forma drops in other all voids to prior levels. Forma are obtainable, primes are obtainable. You choose which you'd prefer to hunt.

The current system exists to make prime part drops even more elusive for players who don't have them - not to 'help you get forma in endgame'. Thinking otherwise is being fooled.

Edited by notionphil