Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issues with linking email to account on consoles

(NSW)livxxxvvv

Oh boy I linked an email to my account and when I went to log in on the forum a new account got created. Then I changed the email again just to check and it created another account on the forum. 

I mean check it out yourself by @ me

There's 3 of me now I guess, I'm afraid to leave the game and come back and see that I lost my game account as well

Hm. This sounds peculiar. I'll try and raise this to forum staff. 

Your accounts probably aren't at any sort of risk though, I wouldn't worry about it. We've had some weird issues in the past with the forums creating duplicate accounts that have the same name (it's a bug with the IPS stuff, I think).

Hang tight, Tenno.

Hey Tenno! 

We've hot-dropped a fix on all console platforms that prevents any future email-add attempts from creating multiple forum accounts. We are still looking at our options for those of you who have ended up with duplicate accounts before we put the preventative measures up. 

It's obviously very odd to have multiple forum accounts, but like Letter13 said, we've come across this issue in the past (for unrelated reasons to this most recent problem) so we are not unfamiliar and have been able to fix it in the past. We will keep you updated as we work on a solution. 

Apologies for the trouble and we appreciate your patience as we hit the 8:15 PM ET mark here at home base and our troops are thin. 

56 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Hm. This sounds peculiar. I'll try and raise this to forum staff.

2 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Apologies for the trouble and we appreciate your patience as we hit the 8:15 PM ET mark here at home base and our troops are thin

Okay, thank you 

Coincidentally @[DE]Danielle, that happened to me a number of months ago under different circumstances, mainly involving the Warframe app;

I'm currently on the computer of course. I've mostly stopped replying to things using my phone until I hear back from support about what I should do regarding the Warframe app (Not to be too off-topic!).

I am quite surprised to hear you ended up with 3 forum accounts @(XB1)C11H22O11! I'm not sure if this is the same type of circumstance under the hood, but one way to make sure your account is a-ok is to try logging into the forums directly from the in-game news console. That's how I determined which of my two forum accounts is truly used by my Switch console. As far as I've seen, there should be no problem with duplicate accounts as long as they don't benefit from one another (Liking or following your own posts, etc.). I hope this helps a bit 🙂

51 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

We've hot-dropped a fix on all console platforms that prevents any future email-add attempts from creating multiple forum accounts. We are still looking at our options for those of you who have ended up with duplicate accounts before we put the preventative measures up. 

It's obviously very odd to have multiple forum accounts, but like Letter13 said, we've come across this issue in the past (for unrelated reasons to this most recent problem) so we are not unfamiliar and have been able to fix it in the past. We will keep you updated as we work on a solution. 

Apologies for the trouble and we appreciate your patience as we hit the 8:15 PM ET mark here at home base and our troops are thin. 

We did a scan of accounts that had added their email to their profile and compared that list to see if the same people were having issues with duplicate accounts - turns out barely a handful (I'm talking literally 1-2) have thankfully. More info to come on fix tomorrow. 

Umm, not sure what's going on. Checked the new account tab in-game a couple seconds ago and there was already my existing email address in there. Tried inputting the same email again hoping for a "refresh" and a new email to be sent to my inbox, but nothing even in junk folder. Also didn't get syandana. Now I'm scared of trying other emails or playing with the system as I don't want to duplicate / mess up my MR29 account or forum account ...

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Umm, not sure what's going on. Checked the new account tab in-game a couple seconds ago and there was already my existing email address in there. Tried inputting the same email again hoping for a "refresh" and a new email to be sent to my inbox, but nothing even in junk folder. Also didn't get syandana. Now I'm scared of trying other emails or playing with the system as I don't want to duplicate / mess up my MR29 account or forum account ...

It only made other forum accounts, my game account is fine.

Yeah, I second that. Having a duplicate forum account (Even in my case, involving the mobile app) does not affect your in-game resource amount, credits, or platinum (Basically your inventory should be safe!). As for my email, it too was already showing on the new "account" tab in the options, so I don't think it'll be a good idea to try entering in any email (Even your same listed email) until staff can get to the bottom of the Syandana situation.

5 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

So in order to get the syandana does this mean I should just go with making an alternate email and using that in-game. I'm asking because I currently only have one personal email which was already linked upon logging into the game like many others but since re-entering it doesn't work im at a loss of if I should just go ahead and make a new email just for this. Also I used this same email to start A PC account a year ago that's still in tutorial when I wanted to try out the PC controls so I was wondering if that had effect on it.

6 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We did a scan of accounts that had added their email to their profile and compared that list to see if the same people were having issues with duplicate accounts - turns out barely a handful (I'm talking literally 1-2) have thankfully. More info to come on fix tomorrow. 

Ok, should those who didn't confirm yet hold off until a fix comes out?

I just found out about this (not the problem but the "deal" itself) and I'm wondering if I should just wait.

TY for the effort!

1 minute ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Well.. I checked out the account tab and my email was already there.. so I pressed confirm.. nothing happened.. then I entered it again and pressed confirm.. nothing happened..

This is confusing 🤔

Why is it confusing? You already have a email associated with your account...if you don't change it, clicking confirm is a no-op.

The syandana is a carrot to get folks without an email to enter one now, if you did this in the past you get nothing. 🙂

Either DE didn't think this through or there's some advantage to them for having folks change to a temp email and back. I already had an email as well, not going to play database games for a cosmetic.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Ok, should those who didn't confirm yet hold off until a fix comes out?

I just found out about this (not the problem but the "deal" itself) and I'm wondering if I should just wait.

TY for the effort!

This is no longer an issue for any future attempts to add an email, we plugged the cork on that last night - so no risk of duplicates!

3 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Why is it confusing? You already have a email associated with your account...if you don't change it, clicking confirm is a no-op.

The syandana is a carrot to get folks without an email to enter one now, if you did this in the past you get nothing. 🙂

Either DE didn't think this through or there's some advantage to them for having folks change to a temp email and back. I already had an email as well, not going to play database games for a cosmetic.

Ugh, this is borderline egregious if so.  In the promo page, it says nothing of this sort: https://www.warframe.com/news/get-a-free-syandana-on-console

I also already have my email in the new Options>Account tab, so I guess like the many thousands(?) of us, we get nothing.  Since it is a cosmetic, I don't really care but either DE needs to re-word their promo page or fix this issue and just give everyone that already has an email address the syndana.

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

This is no longer an issue for any future attempts to add an email, we plugged the cork on that last night - so no risk of duplicates!

Unfortunately, when i login and checked i already had an email registered. I believe that condition affects many ps4 and xbox account. Therefore, there are still lots of work to be done. Clearly many situations weren't cover by your scripts.

I know you guys are trying your best. Unfortunately, you need to learn from these reports and try a fews times again to solve the issue

Archived