Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issues with linking email to account on consoles

(NSW)livxxxvvv

3 hours ago, (PS4)vinster said:

I also already have my email in the new Options>Account tab, so I guess like the many thousands(?) of us, we get nothing.

There's a "resend verification email" option now on the account tab that can be used w/an existing email address...just tried it, worked...

11 hours ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Yeah you should probably wait till they fix this, the syandana isn't going anywhere so might as well wait 

Ty for the advice! :) Funny enough yesterday when I began my Steel Path crusade I decided to turn on my music settings, and I noticed the new e-mail part. Turns out my mail was there already. No confirmation or syandana, sadly... 😞

8 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

This is no longer an issue for any future attempts to add an email, we plugged the cork on that last night - so no risk of duplicates!

6 hours ago, (PS4)Irmao2Vigilante said:

Unfortunately, when i login and checked i already had an email registered. I believe that condition affects many ps4 and xbox account. Therefore, there are still lots of work to be done. Clearly many situations weren't cover by your scripts.

I know you guys are trying your best. Unfortunately, you need to learn from these reports and try a fews times again to solve the issue

Ty for the response, [DE]Danielle. Sadly, can confirm what Irmao2Vigilante said, since I too found out that my mail was already tied to my account on my settings. I checked my mail, both on spam, search and "all mail", but found nothing on Warframe besides the purchase confirmations I get from Sony.

No rush either way from me. I have way too many syandanas. Though Synkra reminds me of Altra Syandana, so I'll still likely use it once I get it.

TY and best luck! If anything changes on my end I'll be sure to confirm it.

6 hours ago, (NSW)mCrofty said:

As this seems to be the 'hot' thread on here, can I just ask/raise the question, why do DE want my email? Normally when a company asks it's accompanied with the usual data protection promise (we store your data securely etc) , something that's mandatory here in the UK... I can use a fake email address but I'm worried that'll mess things up along the way. Either way that 'we won't sell your email to 3rd party' disclaimer should be here somewhere, right? 

Or is this part of the deal for Leyou to sell off their gaming interests to tencent, a bit of data harvesting... ? I guess I'm being paranoid but you know. Current times and all that. 

Because it gives DE the ability to send you information about upcoming events and promotions for in-game goods. I believe DE already has the e-mail address tied to your Nintendo Switch account (just as they do for e-mails tied to PS4 and XB1 accounts), however this may not be the e-mail address that a player uses for the receipt and sending of e-mails (i.e. if the e-mail address is old, not used anymore, an alternate, etc).

It's also useful for things like 2-factor-authentication as well as gives an avenue for contact should the need arise.

This has nothing to do with Leyou or Tencent either.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Da_Kine_99 said:

Didn't receive anything is this a scam?

14 hours ago, (PS4)vinster said:

I also already have my email in the new Options>Account tab, so I guess like the many thousands(?) of us, we get nothing.  Since it is a cosmetic, I don't really care but either DE needs to re-word their promo page or fix this issue and just give everyone that already has an email address the syndana.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Irmao2Vigilante said:

Unfortunately, when i login and checked i already had an email registered. I believe that condition affects many ps4 and xbox account. Therefore, there are still lots of work to be done. Clearly many situations weren't cover by your scripts.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Ty for the response, [DE]Danielle. Sadly, can confirm what Irmao2Vigilante said, since I too found out that my mail was already tied to my account on my settings. I checked my mail, both on spam, search and "all mail", but found nothing on Warframe besides the purchase confirmations I get from Sony.

You should head to your in-game options tab, a recent hotfix added a "Resend Verification Email" button, so if your e-mail address is already present and looks correct but you have not received the e-mail, give the "Resend" button a go:

1415060873_ImagefromiOS(1).png.d0853c755

6 hours ago, (NSW)mCrofty said:

As this seems to be the 'hot' thread on here, can I just ask/raise the question, why do DE want my email? Normally when a company asks it's accompanied with the usual data protection promise (we store your data securely etc) , something that's mandatory here in the UK... I can use a fake email address but I'm worried that'll mess things up along the way. Either way that 'we won't sell your email to 3rd party' disclaimer should be here somewhere, right? 

Or is this part of the deal for Leyou to sell off their gaming interests to tencent, a bit of data harvesting... ? I guess I'm being paranoid but you know. Current times and all that. 

It's common practice to use email addresses as ids these days.

Hey guys! Wanted to clarify a few things I've been seeing in this thread: 

• This is a real promotion from the Digital Extremes team - We had some issues on launch with adding your email via the website not sending verification emails, which we have fixed! A resolution post was posted yesterday to help those that were having issues: 
20 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We ran into some snags along the way since last night, but have resolved the issue! 

For those of you who added your e-mail through warframe.com and have not received a confirmation email, on login you should have the "Resend Verification Email" button in your Options > "Account" tab.

Image from iOS (1).png

Then proceed with the following steps to receive the Synkra Syandana in your inventory: 

1. Select the "Resend Verification Email" button 
2. Close the game
3. Check your email for the confirmation email* 
4. Hit "confirm" in the email*
5. Re-open the game and the Synkra Syandana will be in your inventory

*Note: For those of you who added your e-mail through warframe.com and follow the above steps, the email that will be send will be in English exclusively. This is due to us needing to submit localized content through Cert first. We didn't want to hold back access to the Synkra Syandana any longer, so we decided that that was an issue we could live with for the time being to get that delivered to you! This is not the case for those who have initially gone through the in-game steps. 

Thank you for your patience as we got this sorted out! Enjoy your Synkra Syandana 🙂

• As you can see in the screenshot above, you have the option to toggle what promotional emails you receive from Digital Extremes once you've added a verified email address to your account. 
  • The duplicate account issue as we've continued to observe has not persisted after we had put some safety measures up to prevent it from happening again. For those who have ended up with duplicate accounts, this does not affect your in-game account - Those here who have reported multiple forums accounts here, I am working on manually resolving that for you today. 

Thanks Tenno! 

22 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

@(XB1)C11H22O11
@(NSW)Gamer-Steve
@(NSW)draugath

I have merged all of your duplicate accounts and they should all now use the email you added to your account 🙂 

Um... I don't think it worked. When I tried to log in it said "crate a name for your account" I tried to log in again and now there is a new account... Again 

@(XB1)C11H22O11

I think what's causing an account to be created is that I'm logging in using the "log in with Xbox" but now that my account has an email should I be logging in with the normal method? I don't have a password to do that

29 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Um... I don't think it worked. When I tried to log in it said "crate a name for your account" I tried to log in again and now there is a new account... Again 

@(XB1)C11H22O11

I think what's causing an account to be created is that I'm logging in using the "log in with Xbox" but now that my account has an email should I be logging in with the normal method? I don't have a password to do that

Hmm okay, I think I fixed it again - give it another go. 

Sorry for the late reply, I was having lunch w/ my fiancee & family; I appreciate the direct assistance with the account situation @[DE]Danielle! Though I'm not 100% sure how that will work at first since my phone utilizes the previous forum account I made (Last I saw).

• (12:57PM PDT; I checked my profile about halfway though typing this post, and saw it was merged, so I'll check on my phone asap)

If it helps, this is the support ticket number, so you can see what I've figured out over time regarding that:

• #2149608 The category says misc_tennocon2019 if that helps (Not sure why 2019, but it's not too important)

(Now at 12:57pm PDT) After this post, I'll quickly check on the Nexus app & see how that logs in!

I checked on a Chroma rework post I made last night via google, and my original Baro Ki'teer glyph forum account was there, and I noticed that I was somehow signed out. So I'm wondering if that's the merging you mentioned? Surprisingly, I noticed my original account's info is now on the computer once again, so I just need to check on the phone! I'll check back on this post in doing so.

• After logging back into the forum via warframe.com (Before I made this post), everything corrected itself, and the Tennocon 2020 glyph was the only one to be seen! Though I'm not sure if my full history is there (I remember my first post being an idea around the time The Lotus was announced in Smash Ultimate, as far as that goes).

Alrighty, I'm back on my phone! I can confirm the original forum account's history, but with the Tennocon 2020 glyph of the newer profile that got merged with it, is in use both on the computer and my phone.

The history is also synced with what I have seen on the computer (And I'm sure there are no inaccurate resource amounts in-game), though I'm still not sure what happened to that first post I made.

I haven't had a chance to get back on my Switch console to resend that verification email, but I'm about to square that away. I'll let you know how that goes shortly 🙂

Thank you for your help @[DE]Danielle; It looks like the resend verification part in the account tab in options did the trick! I have the Syandana in-game. Plus, it also gave me more of an idea pertaining to expanding Operator customization (I can let you know when that post is made if you want to hear it), so I'll get to work on that.

I would send you a friend request in-game, but I'm not sure if you also have a Switch profile 🙂  Come to think of it, I noticed whenever DE staff are in-game on the chats, it's not possible to see your profiles for some reason, so I'm not sure if it'd be ok or not to do that (Not to be awkward). But either way, I appreciate your help with the duplicate account situation.

On 2020-07-29 at 10:27 PM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Ty for the advice! :) Funny enough yesterday when I began my Steel Path crusade I decided to turn on my music settings, and I noticed the new e-mail part. Turns out my mail was there already. No confirmation or syandana, sadly... 😞

No rush either way from me. I have way too many syandanas. Though Synkra reminds me of Altra Syandana, so I'll still likely use it once I get it.

TY and best luck! If anything changes on my end I'll be sure to confirm it.

Can confirm, all good on my end.

Just resend the email, and Synkra was delivered.

On 2020-07-29 at 5:07 AM, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Why is it confusing? You already have a email associated with your account...if you don't change it, clicking confirm is a no-op.

The syandana is a carrot to get folks without an email to enter one now, if you did this in the past you get nothing. 🙂

Either DE didn't think this through or there's some advantage to them for having folks change to a temp email and back. I already had an email as well, not going to play database games for a cosmetic.

On 2020-07-29 at 5:14 AM, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

We get nothing? 😞 Well that hurts.. 

I was confused because I didn't know I ever entered an email 🤔

On 2020-07-29 at 8:30 AM, (PS4)Da_Kine_99 said:

Didn't receive anything is this a scam?

I launched the game.

I saw a new “news” item (while “in game”).

The message was pretty straight forward:

Followed the instructions. Opened options/settings, noticed the e-mail linking option that is either new, or just went unnoticed because I had already linked from “in game” via the “news,” or using the console browser (when not “ in game,”).*

What it showed was that my e-mail was already linked, and everything was opted in as usual.

Fine. Then it’s not gonna hurt to tell it to link what’s already linked, (what’s the wort that could happen? It’ll tell me that it’s already linked.)

Ah, but it didn’t. It said the e-mail was not linked, and asked if I wanted to link it. 

Well, YEAH. That was what I set out to do.

I did it.

Fine.

Done.

Quit the game, relaunched it, there was the notification: the carrot was added to me inventory. 

(Not that I was incentivized by it ... in fact, I still don’t think I have even seen what it looks like yet. I just wanted to make sure my systems and their connections between one another, locally and across the weave, work as well and reliably as possible.)

*or when having to do the run around the track of signing into every account again in order to claim a Twitch (Amazon) Prime Loot drop ... thing ... (okay, THAT is one hell of a weird confused system, but it’s do it Amazon’s way or no way when it comes to ... whatever they own or run).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived