Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anyone Actually USE Their Umbra Forma?

Galoain

Question

Something I've noticed as I've researched Warframe builds is that they'll use one or two Umbral mods, but explicitly WON'T use an Umbra Forma for it, and I'm curious as to what to DO with them if none of the best setups even NEED one.

Don't get me wrong, it's good that even newer players who haven't completed a Nightwave act yet can make these builds, but as I've just gotten a second Umbra Forma and haven't even used the first one I've got, I'm wondering if instead of wasting them by using them on a Warframe that then won't see much use, I'm wasting them by not using them at all...

i put one/some on the Warframes that i use the most.

and remember that the game will offer you atleast 2-3 per Year, you don't need to hold the items hostage forever, after all one Umbral Polarity makes 2/3 fit pretty easily, and two Polarities makes 3/3 fit pretty easily.
a lot of Warframes will benefit from 2/3 more than 3/3 anyways.

6 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

If we only would get more Umbra mods i probably would consider usign them or have Umbra Frames like originally planned.

Because not every frame can need health, armor or strength, making the boost to eahc mods useless without the other, strength is the only exception but the boost i can also get with the eximus slot with 15% strength.

Umbra honestly feel like Rivens as afterthought nevergoing to be flashed out, instead rather let Baro bring more fo those % damage against faction mods as Prime, which are way to specific in my eyes, not like the elements or so are enough already.

DE way to overcomplicated this once again and now never even mentions it anymore probably if not forgot it, i bet the next Quest won't even mention Umbra anymore in any way.

That would be nice.

Like Umbral Stretch or Umbral Continuity, maybe Umbral Streamline, etc.. (the latter with the same stats as normal, but it would count to the set stacks)

The maximum stacking on set mods could still stay at 3, just with more alternatives to reach that.

A full Sacrificial set benefits certain frames, like Chroma, Valkyr, Rhino or Mesa.

I mostly use Banshee, so i only used one Umbral Forma for Umbral Intensify, the others would just be a waste of mod slots to me.

I used another one on my Sancti Magistar, that's the melee i use the most often currently when i'm not using Skiajati.

Yes, I do.I put one on frost p, one on chroma p and one on wisp.The last one I have is saved for nezha p.

1 hour ago, Galoain said:

none of the best setups even NEED one.

Yes, the one build that I don't know how would work with no umbra forma is the max power flower wisp build that I have that doesn't rely on aura mods or picking up energy orbs with enrgy conversion.(with adaptation, duration, range etc.)

If we only would get more Umbra mods i probably would consider usign them or have Umbra Frames like originally planned.

Because not every frame can need health, armor or strength, making the boost to eahc mods useless without the other, strength is the only exception but the boost i can also get with the eximus slot with 15% strength.

Umbra honestly feel like Rivens as afterthought nevergoing to be flashed out, instead rather let Baro bring more fo those % damage against faction mods as Prime, which are way to specific in my eyes, not like the elements or so are enough already.

DE way to overcomplicated this once again and now never even mentions it anymore probably if not forgot it, i bet the next Quest won't even mention Umbra anymore in any way.

Archived