Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

for farming steel essence for more than 3 hours they restricted the exchange for 330 hours

lormarowar

I've alwayse been a bit fascinated by this.  I've done my share of 5+ hour solo runs, getting loot, with a booster, and a smeeta - and have never been banned.  This is on XBOX.

is this a PC Specific thing?  or have other console players gotten it?    

and if in fact it is just for a long run, whats the threshold? Secret? So someone who does a 5hr run gets banned, but someone who does 5 back to back 1hr runs doesn't simply because they sat through the loading screen for an extra total 2 minutes?

On 2020-07-29 at 4:16 PM, Felsagger said:

The problem was reasoned this way. There are big wales that has exaggerated amount of platinum. We have to cut off their growth this way. There should be a boundary. 

This is how they solved the problem partially. However penalizing good players for their work leaves a bad soar and a bad reputation. This is a case by case specifics but the way DE handling it is not the best way. 

Where was this reasoning provided and what does it have to do with farming an in-game resource heavily divorced from most plat related benefits excluding a single booster with a very defined and set benefit? Having money influences this resource very little, you can buy one relatively cheap booster that is easily acquirable to anyone to increase its acquisition but the majority of the work is gameplay based, how efficiently you are killing enemies, how long you can remain within a mission, and node choice, whaling is distinctly not an option here to even begin to try and counter. 

2 hours ago, Felsagger said:

A proposal could sound like this: 

1. After certain number of waves Relics stops to drop. 

2. After certain number of waves the game finishes sending all players back to the lobby. For example other games have a maximum of 50 waves or 100 with certain boss battles. 

3. The endless wave challenge offer the reward of new enemies but no reward is handled. This could be a separate game mode. The end game long runner will not be affected because the game will be there intact. If he likes the sport he does it for the love of it. 

4. Improve monitoring of long runners instead of doing it by a bot that aimlessly considers everybody guilty. 

5. Alert the player of these rules and the limit of trades when a player goes over long waves. Maybe DE is trying to figure out a 'time gate' cool down system when a player goes over 650 waves. This cool down might be a solution but it will be seen as a cap. 

6. The penalty system should be previously explained in detail so the player doesn't incur in an infraction. For these cases players where not aware of these situations. 

Regarding your number 1 proposal, I was under the impression that the game DOES stop you automatically after a certain number of wave (as described in the link I provided above). In fact you sort mentioned that in what you wrote for number 5 and the numbers don't match.  So I'm confused as to what you are actually proposing. 

I evaded this topic in particular because this is a delicate discussion. 

Yeah it's not. Not at all. 

The sense of endorsement and the accessibility to profit may cause a DEVALUATION on the platinum value. If this is the case the game economy could drastically change. I don't want to give DE ideas because writing them down would not benefit any of us. 

I don't think that you understand where plat actually comes from. An increase in availability of items will reduce the value of the item. 

Since @..BENE.. pointed out that the amount of plat/hour was actually pretty low for the farmed items, and I used prime junk values in my back of the envelope calculations on the last page of the thread, neither is something that is worthy of the conspiracy theory treatment.

I'll answer this lightly. A veteran has more chances to make platinum than a new player because the time gate on the XP and the gear check separates them. Profitable players who invested months, if not years, should have the greater advantage for solvency. 

And I'll respond to that by saying "prime junk". Newbs can run the faster low level fissures in public groups and collect the rewards, which on PC would put them pretty close to the 50p/hr rate the so called "endgame" content gave, ..BENE.. so that's not particularly a "greater advantage for solvency" is it? BENE flat out said that if he was doing it for plat he'd have better options, and he makes those runs because he enjoys them. 

If a new player, veteran on other similar game mechanics, hits the floor running he would be farming platinum since day one if he UNDERSTANDS the operability of this game

🤔 Really? I'm somewhere between the two, I figure. And I haven't had much interest in bothering to do that. I get enough plat from the PAs I do buy to last quite some time. I don't need rivens so I don't usually bother with them unless I see them offered as a reward, and then they usually sit unopened in my inventory gathering dust.

At least the ayatans make for nice decorations, rivens... Not so much. 

Why don't I try to get more? Because it's not worth anything. I can't convert it into actual money. There are limited things that I would want to buy. I flat out give away most of my trades, with a lot of it going to random newbs I come across. (They usually get super excited that someone gave them something they don't have yet, and it's stuff I got for free so why not make their day?)

So I ask you, what good is having more plat to someone like me? 

Here is the issue: The internet. This can plug a new player into the right road in just two or three videos. But his income will be capped because he doesn't have the equipment to perform the end game run. However there are free giveaways with op builds that anyone can use. 

And again, the mythical "endgame" runs didn't seem to be particularly good whens compared to what a relatively new player can get from much shorter runs. The plat/hr value was abysmal. The kuva/hr wasn't that much more than what you'd get from doing all the active missions. Looked like BENE was just doing the runs because he enjoys that sort of thing, for whatever reason. And if he does, I think that's a really good reason to do it. If you are trying to get plat.... There are far more lucrative ways to do it. 

DE bases their statistics on the player who has a job, limited time due to family care and so on. They do not expect a bulk of players diving 15 hours each day pouring relics for a span of three weeks. No one does that. But for better or worse there are 'game bums' that have one million in platinum doing this. New dealers will never have a chance against those behemoths

LOL. Here's a question, what exactly do you believe they have to spend it on? Seriously. 

As I said the issue is delicate in many ways. 

Yeah I'm not seeing that, at all. 

28 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Regarding your number 1 proposal, I was under the impression that the game DOES stop you automatically after a certain number of wave (as described in the link I provided above). In fact you sort mentioned that in what you wrote for number 5 and the numbers don't match.  So I'm confused as to what you are actually proposing. 

Yes it does if I'm not mistaken but it should stop up to a reasonable amount like 200 waves. 

I don't think that you understand where plat actually comes from.

Trades of items or purchases. Only ways to get platinum. 

An increase in availability of items will reduce the value of the item. 

True. But that's not in discussion. 

And I'll respond to that by saying "prime junk". Newbs can run the faster low level fissures in public groups and collect the rewards, which on PC would put them pretty close to the 50p/hr rate the so called "endgame" content gave, ..BENE.. so that's not particularly a "greater advantage for solvency" is it? BENE flat out said that if he was doing it for plat he'd have better options, and he makes those runs because he enjoys them. 

I rather do not use the term 'newb' or 'nubs'. Might sound derogatory to some players.

That makes sense, The 50p/h. Besides the gain ratio was studied before. I'm sure DE studied it with test players. DE will not leave this go under the table without knowing. I do my long runs only for the sake of the run. I'm not into platinum. Many who likes to do long runs are enthusiast of this modality. Platinum dealers makes their money with the groll Riven market. 

So I ask you, what good is having more plat to someone like me? 

If you are a grinder/farmer platinum for you is not a problem. You can literally ignore the currency and enjoy the full scope of the game. Platinum is seen as a time saver, IMO. 

And again, the mythical "endgame" runs didn't seem to be particularly good whens compared to what a relatively new player can get from much shorter runs. The plat/hr value was abysmal. The kuva/hr wasn't that much more than what you'd get from doing all the active missions. Looked like BENE was just doing the runs because he enjoys that sort of thing, for whatever reason. And if he does, I think that's a really good reason to do it. If you are trying to get plat.... There are far more lucrative ways to do it. 

That's true. 

And smarter ways doing clean trades at affordable prices. 

LOL. Here's a question, what exactly do you believe they have to spend it on? Seriously. 

Maybe bragging rights? I honestly don't know. 

The reason I play this game is to train different play styles and approaches. I play Titan Fall 2, Batman Arkham Knight, God of War IV, Overwatch among many others. War Frame has a large set of game play approaches in one package. 

13 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Yes it does if I'm not mistaken but it should stop up to a reasonable amount like 200 waves. 

Sounds like you just excluded endurance runners. 

14 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Trades of items or purchases. Only ways to get platinum. 

Plat only enters the system by purchasing. Having more stuff to sell doesn't affect the amount of plat available. 

15 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

True. But that's not in discussion. 

Except that you brought it into the discussion with the claim you made. 

17 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I rather do not use the term 'newb' or 'nubs'. Might sound derogatory to some players.

Pretty sure that would be calling them a 'n00b'. 

18 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

That makes sense, The 50p/h. Besides the gain ratio was studied before. I'm sure DE studied it with test players. DE will not leave this go under the table without knowing. I do my long runs only for the sake of the run. I'm not into platinum. Many who likes to do long runs are enthusiast of this modality. Platinum dealers makes their money with the groll Riven market. 

LOL, not sure that they do much of that at all other than for ensuring stability. Otherwise it's kind of hard to explain some of the changes they make after release. 

Dunno what you mean by platinum dealers. Care to elaborate? 

20 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

If you are a grinder/farmer platinum for you is not a problem. You can literally ignore the currency and enjoy the full scope of the game. Platinum is seen as a time saver, IMO. 

I'm probably more of a "purchaser". I've given enough sets away to know that I could be pretty sure that I could get enough plat through trade to not be. And even as recent as I am, there's not much for me to buy. Far less so if I had hundreds of thousands of plat sitting around. 

25 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

That's true. 

And smarter ways doing clean trades at affordable prices. 

So the "endgame" runs aren't about the plat at all? 

26 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Maybe bragging rights? I honestly don't know. 

So then, to me that says that in your mind, having such a large stockpile of plat isn't something that you, a self professed "endgame" player, are going to really care about. 

50 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Sounds like you just excluded endurance runners. 

Until DE figure out a better solution. In my list I recommended too long run without rewards as a plausible option. 

Plat only enters the system by purchasing. Having more stuff to sell doesn't affect the amount of plat available. 

Trade and purchase. 

Dunno what you mean by platinum dealers. Care to elaborate? 

Common trade chat dealers or players who pays more attention to dealing. 

So the "endgame" runs aren't about the plat at all? 

End game is the ride and the ability to stay in the battle. That's the reward. For some is platinum, for others a test of gear and skill. It depends. 

So then, to me that says that in your mind, having such a large stockpile of plat isn't something that you, a self professed "endgame" player, are going to really care about. 

I don't need platinum. I play for the thrill of endurance and see how enemies are crowd controlled with certain strategies. I play games for the extrinsic value of the game not the intrinsic value. 

11 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Until DE figure out a better solution. In my list I recommended too long run without rewards as a plausible option. 

Like I said we know of at least one who did a 20 hour run that we might be able to ask about his experience. 

12 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Trade and purchase. 

Incorrect. Trade does not increase the amount of plat in the system. Only purchase, and possibly gifted as a prize from DE. 

14 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Common trade chat dealers or players who pays more attention to dealing. 

Ah. The term you used sounded a bit... sinister at the time. 

15 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

End game is the ride and the ability to stay in the battle. That's the reward. For some is platinum, for others a test of gear and skill. It depends. 

How could it be about plat when prime junk farming, the lowest price trading, can return similar reward/time spent? 

16 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I don't need platinum. I play for the thrill of endurance and see how enemies are crowd controlled with certain strategies. I play games for the extrinsic value of the game not the intrinsic value. 

So between the last two bits, I would say for both reasons, that generalizing that endgame runs are about plat, is probably not a sensible thing to do. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Incorrect. Trade does not increase the amount of plat in the system. Only purchase, and possibly gifted as a prize from DE. 

Two ways you get platinum, by trade or purchase. 

Those are the only way available for the player. Go find me another one. 

On 2020-07-29 at 1:26 PM, Magus_Tahir said:

Hd Reaction GIF

So what you're saying is, you got a trade suspension for doing an endless missions on Steel Path. 

I am afraid there is no solution but to wait out the trade suspension. And I would suggest not passing the 2-2.5 hour mark in the future. Good luck!

It's amazing how willing you guys are to just accept punishment for literally playing the game and doing nothing wrong.

31 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Trade does not increase the amount of platinum in the system. The only things that do that is players purchasing or DE giving it as prizes. 

Moving it from one player to another does not increase the amount of plat, so having more players with items to trade trade will not devalue plat. The only thing that having more items to trade can affect is the price of the items, according to the principles of supply and demand. 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Trade does not increase the amount of platinum in the system. 

I wrote: "The sense of endorsement and the accessibility to profit may cause a DEVALUATION on the platinum value"

You said: I don't think that you understand where plat actually comes from.

I was speaking about the ways a player get their platinum and how easy is for them building up a sum of money. 

On 2020-07-29 at 10:55 AM, Learicorn said:

Jesus Christ this company sucks

Imagine punishing your players for playing the game

!??!?!?!?

I've heard people whine after 12 hours.....12 hours. If some kid died playing warframe, no one would ever let the company forget it and they'd by blamed for eternity. 

Theres literally no reason to farm for 8 hours. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

It's the fact that there are people willing to defend the initial punishment that bothers me.

Well see, here's the thing. Some people do this thing called cheating. Sometimes it's called exploiting, too. A lot of the time it involves using unfair methods to get rewards for things that they didn't earn. That's not a good thing to do, and inevitably hurts the game. 

So it looks like DE created an algorithm that flags unusually high drop rates and puts a temporary hold on the player's ability to trade those drops, until someone can investigate and take the appropriate action. In this case the action was to unban the player which suggests that the flag was explainable due to having various boosters and bonuses, a ridiculously long run, a higher drop rate, and most importantly RNGsus smiling.

I think that we all know that a Smeeta going double time, and boosters can make a pretty big difference in the amount of rewards we get. Imagine how many times that double proc can happen in a 3 hour run. Now add in having a meta farming frame. See how insane it can get? Pretty easy to see how that could possibly trigger the false flag right? 

Now, the player isn't actually stopped from continuing to play, or earn rewards, during the time as far as I know, just from profiting off of what may be ill gotten during that time, and since we have limited daily trades anyway, the effect of a temporary ban isn't usually the end of the world. 

Should cheaters be flagged? I'd like to think so. Should the OP have been flagged? Personally I don't think so. What about if they didn't flag the cheaters to spare the OP? Well that's going to be messy, because then you may have to try to reverse multiple trades, and someone innocent's always going to end up losing out. 

There has to be a balance somewhere. Am I saying that I like the current balance? Not really, but I'm really not going to go along with the dudes trying to get folks buy torches and sharpen pitchforks, if you know what I mean. 

7 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I wrote: "The sense of endorsement and the accessibility to profit may cause a DEVALUATION on the platinum value"

You said: I don't think that you understand where plat actually comes from.

I was speaking about the ways a player get their platinum and how easy is for them building up a sum of money. 

And I'm explaining that it won't. The value of the items is what decreases, because the supply of the items goes up. They would each sell for less plat if the supply goes up rapidly. 

21 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And I'm explaining that it won't. The value of the items is what decreases, because the supply of the items goes up. They would each sell for less plat if the supply goes up rapidly. 

You do not understand the concept of devaluation. 

12 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

I've heard people whine after 12 hours.....12 hours. If some kid died playing warframe, no one would ever let the company forget it and they'd by blamed for eternity. 

Theres literally no reason to farm for 8 hours. 

I disagree. You can always try blaming the gun for going off when in all actuality the fault lies in the person who left it loaded on the coffee table.

To make a Warframe account you need to be 18 or at minimum 13 with your parent's concent. Of course this won't stop kids from lying about their age, but the responsibility to supervise still lies on parents or guardians . So if some kid really died from playing the game for 12 hours, the game wouldn't be the one to get the blame! Those same parents are the ones who'd be slapped with severe negligence charges.

On 2020-07-29 at 8:01 PM, Miser_able said:

its just an auto flag from a bot. contacting support usually clears it up

Except they never remove tradebans.

I've seen hundreds of people get tradebanned over the years and not one single person got the ban lifted after they contacted support.

It's always the exact same copypasted message about how this is a secutiry measure to prevent people from cheating and they can't do anything about it.

And usually your tradeban is already over by the time support even responds to you.

On 2020-07-29 at 7:55 PM, Learicorn said:

Jesus Christ this company sucks

Imagine punishing your players for playing the game

!??!?!?!?

Oh no an automatic ban system has goofed. What a disaster. What a tragedy. How shall we survive these horrible times?

33 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Oh no an automatic ban system has goofed. What a disaster. What a tragedy. How shall we survive these horrible times?

Have been doing that for years. DE had this problem long time ago but they resisted to deal with it. The problem was swept under the rug for too long. 

40 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Have been doing that for years. DE had this problem long time ago but they resisted to deal with it. The problem was swept under the rug for too long. 

It's not that big of a problem.

And I will never understand why would anyone be so stubborn to still do these long runs when it's very well known that you can get punished for them.

DE should just put an hour cap on survival or something.

2 hours ago, saghzs said:

Except they never remove tradebans.

I've seen hundreds of people get tradebanned over the years and not one single person got the ban lifted after they contacted support.

It's always the exact same copypasted message about how this is a secutiry measure to prevent people from cheating and they can't do anything about it.

And usually your tradeban is already over by the time support even responds to you.

LOL. You are currently commenting in a thread where the OP got unbanned long before the ban duration. 

So.....? 

52 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

It's not that big of a problem.

If it is not that big of a problem then why is not solved yet? 

And I will never understand why would anyone be so stubborn to still do these long runs when it's very well known that you can get punished for them.

DE should just put an hour cap on survival or something.

So you despise anything that the community does for fun? So games are not supposed to have fun? Who are we to enjoy a game the way we want?....

Lets forbid the fact that games are meant for fun.....Games should not have fun because it is such a terrible idea....

/s

13 hours ago, Felsagger said:

And what does this have to do with a subject regarding Steel Path resulting in trade bans?

Archived